PDA

View Full Version : The WipEout 2048 Love-In thread

Sumimasen
21st June 2012, 11:44 AM
I used to love visiting this forum, but there has been so much bitching going on about 2048 and its feature set that I was starting to skip more and more threads to avoid all the negativity.

I thought I would start this thread to combat this. I am loving 2048, and while it's not perfect (what is?), I think that generally it's a stunning game - it's the reason I bought a Vita. The DLC packs add more tracks, and while they are already familiar, they feel like a welcome visit from old friends. Flying Icaras again on a shiny new handheld is awesome.

I think the single player campaign rocks, I'm also loving the online campaign, even though I was convinced I wouldn't.

Like I said, I love WipEout, and I love 2048! Who's with me? :)

PS. If you have a gripe with 2048 and want to voice your opinion again in a new thread, please think twice before doing it here. Thanks!

Boycey83
21st June 2012, 11:52 AM
Hey, I love it too man.

duncandes
21st June 2012, 12:12 PM
Me to, and I love sol 2 on w2048 - WOW. For me it looks event better than PS3. It looks more realistic on w2048 engine.

Sumimasen
21st June 2012, 02:11 PM
Nice one guys!

Sol is a great track, but it's also a very cleverly designed one too. I find that it is unique in that it seems to go from really easy to really hard so quickly when the speed ramps up, mainly due to the combination of very few side walls, extreme elevation changes and a lot of wide to narrow transitions. I noticed this when doing Zone, where I got quite a few perfect laps in a row at the beginning, and then started just flying off the track when the speed built up.

It's good to have a circuit with a wild learning curve! :)

MarcoM
22nd June 2012, 08:51 AM
Love it and I would love it even more if certain things happen.

Treshy
22nd June 2012, 08:56 AM
I love it too, for me its the best WipEout so far. (Have only played the ones since pure)
I'd like to play with you guys to become a better player.
Please add me at PSN: xX_Treshy_Xx
Also: This is my first post in this forum, hi everybody, lets have a nice time together ;)

yawnstretch
22nd June 2012, 05:34 PM
2048 is the best wipeout since the original. The only reason I would put wipeout 1 above it is simply because it came first. In every other way this game is superior to all other wipeouts.

It is incredible.

I understand the little gripes but seriously, this game is sensational. The music is some of the best in any game - wonderful remixed "homage" tracks that don't just add more beats or whatever. The songs are genuinely inspired rewrites and entirely new masterpieces.

Altima is everything I ever dreamed it could be. Realistic graphics and brilliant gameplay. Sol makes me feel like I'm actually at a race track out in a desert or something - it just has this glaring, buzzing impact.

5 minutes ago I just played the HD DLC. Mind = blown. The amount of work that has gone into this package is unimaginable. And all dedicated to my favourite series.

They have clearly put EVERYTHING into this product. You can feel the sweat and soul that plastered this together.

I am in awe at what these people have done.

Sumimasen
22nd June 2012, 07:20 PM
Good stuff! Keep 'em coming guys! :)

I bought Gravity Rush for my Vita last week, and started playing through pretty solidly to start with (after 2048, it was my 'Most Wanted' Vita game), but then the HD Fury DLC was released, and poor old Kat and her kitty have been left gathering dust since. There are just too... many... gold medals... to... get! And I haven't even started the Fury part yet!

Good times! :)

Hacker X
22nd June 2012, 07:33 PM
I really just think its cool to be able to play all the current WO games on a handheld that you can take with you and play anywhere. Amazing. I have really enjoyed 2048's campaign, and am now re-living the HD and Fury tracks. I like how these tracks have had some "grit" added to the textures a bit in the Vita versions. I will be glad when WO PURE is added as a game that can be transferred to the Vita, then we will have the whole PSP, PS3, and Vita games on one portable console.

I also can't wait for more 2048 tracks. The feel of the physics of the cars, and the new sense of speed in the track and race design, and sound is very cool, and a good evolution for the series. I'm just glad that none of these games ended up like "Fusion" since there has been a lot of tweaking in the race design.

I'd like to eventually have a more unified menu system to go with the touch-screen grid that is in place now. Maybe if they ever add a racebox something like that will be added. It would just be easier to find the track/s that you want, instead of seaching the grid. Besides that, I just want more of these games as SL is willing to make.

Job well done SL. Keep up the good work. You guys have done a fine job keeping WO alive.

MarcoM
23rd June 2012, 08:54 AM
WO pure is playable on the Vita. With all the extra's that are availabe. Both pure and pulse have amazing framerates compared when I played them on the psp. I really love that.

Hacker X
23rd June 2012, 06:35 PM
WO pure is playable on the Vita. With all the extra's that are availabe. Both pure and pulse have amazing framerates compared when I played them on the psp. I really love that.

How did you get WO Pure to transfer to the Vita? Its one of the games I have downloaded to my PS3 that doesn't show up on the Vita to transfer. I'm in the US, so I'm thinking it may be a regional block at the moment, but I don't understand why that would be since WO Pure d/l worked fine on the US PSP.

MarcoM
23rd June 2012, 07:31 PM
I downloaded WO pure via the store directly to the vita. The savegame was transferable psp -> ps3 -> Vita.

I downloaded all the extra's on the ps3 and then transfered that to the Vita.

I have obviously am talking about the European version of WO and its dlc.

I hope you can get this working one day. Framerate is silky smooth :P

Hacker X
23rd June 2012, 07:41 PM
Ahh ok. Cool. Yeah, in the US it doesn't work. Pulse works fine though. I'm not sure what the deal is with that, cause the game is downloadable to PSP here. Why they would block Pure, and not Pulse is strange. Anyway, yeah here is hoping. I like Pure more than Pulse, and can't wait to play it again on the Vita with the faster framerate and everything.

Thanks for the quick reply.

qazxswplmnko
24th June 2012, 02:03 AM
So Pure is only downloadable from the EU store? :(

MarcoM
24th June 2012, 12:51 PM
Ahh ok. Cool. Yeah, in the US it doesn't work. Pulse works fine though. I'm not sure what the deal is with that, cause the game is downloadable to PSP here. Why they would block Pure, and not Pulse is strange. Anyway, yeah here is hoping. I like Pure more than Pulse, and can't wait to play it again on the Vita with the faster framerate and everything.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I think you should contact Sony customer support. It indeed does not make sense. Or maybe put a question on the US playstation blog in FB. The EU people on FB react quite fast on questions that make sense.

Mu5
8th July 2012, 01:05 AM
Im loving the screenshots (http://www.megacorp.co.nz) :+

chalovak
8th July 2012, 06:48 AM
I love how the shape of the ships resembles a bird's skull.

Razgriz375
9th July 2012, 08:30 PM
At first I was kinda against 2048 because I felt it didnt fit in the time line. However since playing it I love it. Its great and I loved the fact the game had references to earlier WipEouts in the form of course names (Altima and Sol) and remixes of tracks from earlier WipEouts. I've taken tons of screenshots to :D

ExaltedR3V3NG3
9th July 2012, 09:27 PM
I love WipEout 2048 as a game, and I'm quite good at it: I can win several races online in a row easily, and I can perform great laps in time attack. The game has improved over HD/Fury, but combat seems to be something more based on luck than in skill (except for Plasmas), though.

However, the major flaw is on the timeline, as "AGRC" is just like a variation of the FX-400, when AGRC should be something like the first WipEout...

leungbok
10th July 2012, 07:46 AM
...and I can perform great laps in time attack
Then you should check that thread : http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?8735-2048-Weekly-speed-lap-challenge&p=217659#post217659 ! ;)
...and welcome to the zone ! :)

UnleashSonic
10th July 2012, 09:37 AM
However, the major flaw is on the timeline, as "AGRC" is just like a variation of the FX-400, when AGRC should be something like the first WipEout...

What do you mean? I reckon the game is fairly consistent with the series' hidden timeline..

ExaltedR3V3NG3
11th July 2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks Leungbok! I'll have a look into it :)

For the timeline, I mean that things such as Mag-Lock strips, destroyable ships or Zone wouldn't begin to appear until 2097... however, it shouldn't be as important as it seems! Gameplay still rocks :rock

Razgriz375
11th July 2012, 05:18 PM
One thing I will say I don't like about 2048 though is the lack of tournaments like Pure and games before it had. They were somewhat fun for me, especially in Pure with the Ascension tournaments.

kaori
12th July 2012, 04:16 PM
I love tournaments too, I have some fantastic memories, I won the beta tournament in WipEout Pure, killing with a bomb the ship that won the 3 first races, before the last chicane in the last lap. 25 vs 24 points :g

yawnstretch
29th July 2012, 07:00 AM
Congrats again on your masterpiece Studio Liverpool!

MENGKESHI
29th July 2012, 01:58 PM
Yeah I love this game! They obviously didn't play it safe and put everything into the core gameplay,speed, graphics etc. which gets my respect, even if it was at the expense of some other stuff. Being able to play these tracks on a handheld at A+ speed whilst listening to your own music is simply an incredible achievement. Never thought it would happen this quickly - Love SL, hats off!