PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout HD & Fury DLC

smwood71
19th June 2012, 03:20 PM
From the Playstation blog...

The wait is over! Finally, the most jaw-dropping, adrenaline fuelled anti-gravity racers combine. WipEout HD Fury and WipEout 2048, together at last.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/19/get-those-engines-ready-wipeout-hd-and-fury-expansion-packs-set-to-hit-ps-vita-tomorrow/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SCEEBlog+%28blog.eu.playstati on.com%29

Plus it's a free download for people who already own the PS3 versions.

Can't wait!

Autechom
19th June 2012, 03:40 PM
But still I am not sure if it will be as well for owners of the Blu ray-version...hm, we´ll see.

newtype
19th June 2012, 03:48 PM
But still I am not sure if it will be as well for owners of the Blu ray-version...hm, we´ll see.

They keep stating you must have purchased it from the PSN store, though this hardly seems fair.

I just left this comment within the official announcement:

Don’t own a Vita yet as I was waiting to see which direction 2048 would go, but this sounds pretty awesome considering they are allowing their customers to essentially shift their console purchases over to a portable.

1) Does the DLC include a patch which tweaks online racing settings? Wouldn’t it have to have these things to be on level with HD/Fury?

2) Racebox?

3) Custom controls?

4) Extended Cross-Play vs Full Cross-Play?

Thanks, and please extend my regards to the team for continuing the WipEout tradition.

Let's hope we can get some concrete answers.

KamatsuKyoto
19th June 2012, 04:52 PM
Can't wait to play!

But where is the racebox for 2048, custom controls, etc? ¬¬

Mad-Ice
19th June 2012, 06:54 PM
Huh what?!! The wait is over. It's only starting all over again. This is no download content for 2048. It's just HD/Fury on the VITA. It's just tracks on a new console which we are racing on since 2005 and 2008. Ok It's cool to have 4 Wipeouts on 1 console to carry with you at all times. But again this HD/Fury on VITA has got nothing to do with 2048 being Download content.

JABBERJAW
19th June 2012, 07:06 PM
Exactly mad ice, I don't understand the hoopla, this is not content for 2048.

KamatsuKyoto
19th June 2012, 07:10 PM
Download released! 500MB the bundle DLC.

Boycey83
19th June 2012, 07:18 PM
The joy of chenghou project on the Vita is sufficient at the moment. Not to mention endless Zoning on Syncopia :)

I'm hoping for a 2050 campaign too, but this is a lot of free content.

rdmx
19th June 2012, 07:40 PM
I'd like to see some videos of how well it runs on Vita. This might push me over the edge.

Amorbis
19th June 2012, 08:48 PM
It looks like I won't be getting this, at least not for free. Sadly if you bought the game on different account to the one you use on your Vita you won't be eligible according to the PS Blog as the game isn't in that account's purchase history.

MarcoM
19th June 2012, 09:11 PM
I bought the digital version of HD and Fury on the ps3. So that will be available to me on the Vita tomorrow? Amazing!!! I was actually hoping for an integration of both games into 2048... I would really like race box, but this is also really good.

smwood71
20th June 2012, 08:51 AM
Well you do need a copy of 2048 to download it as it IS an expansion as far as the Playstation Store is concerned!

This is a reply on the PlayStation blog...
"You must own 2048 in order to download it as it’s only available as an expansion pack to Vita".

MarcoM
20th June 2012, 01:55 PM
At what hour will it be available today?

I have it. All is there except for racebox. Still a nice free download for me.

yawnstretch
22nd June 2012, 05:44 PM
Quality of this DLC is ridiculous.

Graphics quality is right up there and the gameplay is smooth. If you've played or seen cross-play then forget it - for some reason the DLC version looks way better.

One more reason why 2048 is the greatest wipeout ever made.

Hacker X
22nd June 2012, 07:24 PM
/\/\Yeah, it really does play very well for a console port. I know there are people that have had issues with framerate drops but I have yet to experience this under single player campaign anyway. Hopefully, some of those issues will get iron'd out eventually so that everyone gets the same good performance.

One thing they really need to correct though is the completion icon for campaign cells. When you get a medal, the icon gets hidden so you can't tell what the even is unless you choose it. Fix that, add racebox eventually, and that will only improve this game even more.

rdmx
23rd June 2012, 07:33 PM
Quick question, I don't have a Vita yet:

How does custom music work in 2048? Do the zone equalizers/effects still work if you use custom music?

Hacker X
23rd June 2012, 07:45 PM
You can do custom soundtracks with any game on the Vita now as it plays off of the main Vita music player. I haven't really noticed if the custom music affects the equalizer effects yet though. I'd say they probably don't, as the Wipeout 2048 music still plays til you turn it down in the game settings, but I could be wrong.

acidant
9th July 2012, 04:42 PM
why soundtrack from hd/fury not be added to 2048?

chalovak
9th July 2012, 05:01 PM
Привет! :)
I guess the answer is simple: copyright.

Jacnob
10th July 2012, 12:44 PM
The soundtrack being gone is kind of a downer, but I guess it'll be alright.