PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the real world..<End...Transmission..>

Piranha Advancements
12th May 2003, 05:35 PM
Seen the whoe thing yet? The Animatrix is a wet dream ain't it?

Hah! Couple more days to go til' Reloaded opens......Been holding the tickets since mid April..far too long.

infoxicated
13th May 2003, 08:27 AM
I'm very much looking forward to both the movies.

I thought the first episode of the Animatrix was wicked, but it kind of lost its way after that and didn't really recover for me. Haven't watched the latest one, so I guess I'll need to stop off there later and see what's going down. 8)

Piranha Advancements
13th May 2003, 07:06 PM
IWell..this is my opinion on the whole 9 stories.

]Second Renaissance Part 1 & 2 - Well,this is very important as it tells us how the war betwwen humans and AI came about.It was sick seeing as how the robots were treated by the humans.Then the humans got their asses kicked..BAD.As the female storyteller voice would say.."All is good..."

Program - Just a training program.Nice art style by Y.Kawajiri of Vamp D fame.But nothing special.

Beyond - 2nd best looking one in the series.Pity the whole rather lengthy story is just an overblown theme of the word "computer glitch."

World Record - Way cool story focusing on a gifted individual breaking free..well almost.

Matriculated - Nice art from Peter Chung,great story as well on this AI developing "emotion".

Kid's Story and Detective Story - Sleek art style,very sketchy and I'm guessing some of it is motion-captured.Both of these stories are great and hey,there's Morpheus,Trinity and Neo in em'.

Final Flight Of The Osiris - From the one that did FF:The Spirits Within,whatcha expect? Top notch CGI,rather important story linked to Enter The Matrix (the videogame..*hint*theparcel*hint*)

When I was watching em...sure irritated me as to how the crowds were mostly the trendies bringing their girls along and as I expected,were voicing as to how it was boring and some were sleeping.They probably didnt know it was mainly animes and were expecting action all around.@#$%^ poseurs.

Hybrid Divide
14th May 2003, 08:04 AM
I mean it's posers like that which are the reason for such things as Reality TV, and the downfall of WipEout. But that's as far off topic I'm going.

As for tha Animatrix, all I've seen so far is "The Second Renissence" Pts. 1 & 2 needless to say, I was damn impressed, and I can't wait to hear the rest of the story. 8)
People like us seem to be the closest thing to freed minds in this world...

Vagrant Logic

Piranha Advancements
15th May 2003, 04:05 PM
Let's follow the white rabbit,Vagrant...heh.

Man,shoulda been able to watch today's sneaks.Oh well..21h 45min to go.

Piranha Advancements
16th May 2003, 05:31 PM
Hmm. X2 versus Reloaded? Necessity versus driven.

Personally,Reloaded for THE cinematic experience.I thought maybe Iron Monkey had the cool fight scenes but beaten by Burly Brawl.I thought (for example) the awe-inspiring scene when Spiderman swinging from building to building while holding Mary Jane after the Green Goblin battle was epic but beaten by Neo and Trinity.

This movie is "philosophy" but it could also be a philosophy so thin but blinded by audiences or fans who really really dug deeper created by two college dropouts.

But for those who were disappointed with it and I can't tell what are but I know,maybe just wait 6 more months.

On another personal note,damn,almost everyone wished there were Neo..heh.

Lance
16th May 2003, 08:31 PM
maybe i should be Trinity? ;)

Piranha Advancements
18th May 2003, 05:07 PM
With your Ducati 996 please,heh.

Oh yeah,so far..viewed it 3 times already.

Hmph...hope.It is the quintessential human delusion. Simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness.

Agh.Fanboy.

AmishRobot
18th May 2003, 09:14 PM
Here (http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=64283&cid=5962257)[slashdot.org] is an interesting thread reagarding the ending of the movie. Be warned, it contains full spoilers, and may even effect your viewing of the third movie. I honestly didn't care much for the movie at first, but after reading some of that, I'm a little more open. I still think the first half was boring, but I need to see it again.

Does anyone remember a short that played on MTV's Liquid Television, about an AG race where one of the pilots goes insane? The art style looks very similar to "World Record" in the Animatrix. I would love to find that short. It's one of the best pieces of animation I've seen.