PDA

View Full Version : Ubermall just showed up in my crossplay

Flashmops
5th June 2012, 12:15 AM
As you may know, Ubermall is not yet available on the PS Vita, but when I tried to play a crossplay game just now, I was actually able to enter a lobby with it. After a short time I got the classic "The server has picked content you don't have bla bla" error, so I couldn't actually start a race. Has anyone seen that?
http://i.imgur.com/qLxD3l.jpg

blackwiggle
5th June 2012, 01:33 PM
I'm guessing your in the UK.
You might have lucked across a online testing game run by SL for upcoming 2048 DLC, but seeing you couldn't connect I guess it wasn't really that lucky :|....apart from giving everybody with a VITA playing 2048 a "Head's Up" :+:D

DLC imminent it would seem

Amorbis
5th June 2012, 01:58 PM
As it's currently E3 I hope we get some news on new content for 2048. Even if it is only a release window for the HD/Fury content. Making the HD content available outside online races would make the game much more re-playable.

Colonel
5th June 2012, 02:42 PM
Ooh I'm in that lobby :g. I've not used 2048 for a while now but his is pretty cool, looks like they're gonna roll out the other tracks fairly soon I guess. Good find Flashmops :+

JABBERJAW
5th June 2012, 07:15 PM
But that's wipeout hd. It's not the physics of 2048. It's in the 2048 game, but separate. I would rather have 2048 content, for 2048. It's good if they release hd onto the ps vita though to have more players, it's just not new content, more like a rerelease of HD. Now if the put in those tracks with 2048's physics, that would be cool, and very different

Colonel
6th June 2012, 03:42 PM
Ugh that would be horrible, 2048 ships would be pinballing all over the place on HD's narrow tracks.

JABBERJAW
7th June 2012, 12:17 AM
I think it would be fine, those tracks aren't that narrow, anyway adding HD to the vita isn't really new content, just additional wait time for ps3 owners

Flashmops
7th June 2012, 08:12 AM
I think it would be fine, those tracks aren't that narrow, anyway adding HD to the vita isn't really new content, just additional wait time for ps3 owners
Unless you don't have a PS3 (me for example) ;) I'm looking forward to having the HD/Fury content on the Vita (especially if it's available in singleplayer mode).

Sausehuhn
7th June 2012, 10:07 PM
I read somewhere, that actually the tracks did not change in size much, but the ships did. So WO2048’s ships are smaller compared to WOHD, making the tracks seem wider.

OveReAction
8th June 2012, 02:25 AM
It's of course, not to mention about the Live Action trailer?

JABBERJAW
13th June 2012, 11:49 PM
I don't mind if hey release a full hd/ fury game for the vita, that would be great and should be done, BUT that is not new content for 2048. I'm pretty disinterested in 2048 now, it's been far too long :( I'll just practice the other stuff for now for the tournament.

multibodydynamics
14th June 2012, 07:48 AM
This game really isn't finished just yet. That's what makes this DLC so very important! They really have an opportunity to make it a really great addition to what the game is now since a lot of stuff for the game were started but not completed (Augmented Reality stuff, voice activated weapons, leaderboards, Zombie mode etc etc). The DLC could very well decide if this title will be the best Wipeout ever OR the worst! Gameplay and graphics are so good that with the right kind of DLC this could be a totally awesome game. On the other hand, if DLC only means a few more Cross Play levels and perhaps some AR added, then we for a fact have a really lame addition to the Wipeout game series. Big hopes for a huge DLC!

leungbok
14th June 2012, 08:49 AM
Not communicate with their fans about that particular subject is a mistake IMO. People gets slowly disinterested on that game, because all great it is, replayability is inexistant. Al's right, it's been too long !!

multibodydynamics
14th June 2012, 09:30 AM
It feels like it's now or never. DLC contents must be announced today or tomorrow and released within a week from now! Then there's hope in my opinion. If they present a DLC in July and release it in August/September there will hardly be any interest in it at all. There really is nothing in the game right now that makes people stay and keep playing it so if DLC shows up post-summer there will be no audience to welcome it.

JABBERJAW
14th June 2012, 10:17 AM
MB, Exactly.

Even though I still want those additions, the communication stopped again on Facebook. There were lots of things going on there, now it went to nothing quickly. They were keeping interest with the wo1 tournament, community member of the month, but now they stopped participating in that tournament, AND never chose another community member for June. these things were keeping people posting and interested. Instead, recently only a video of AR. I got some good classic game practice for the tournament though during this time, so I guess that's good

Animacomplex
14th June 2012, 12:15 PM
I'v not managed to play 2048 purely based on I don't own a vita yet, was there any promise for DLC when it came out or is just people hoping it'll come? I'm new to wipeout but its seems there was alot of hype around it but be honest with me is it worth getting it? I mean I plan to get a vita soon but the games out for it so far haven't caught my attention as of yet bar a few.

multibodydynamics
14th June 2012, 01:25 PM
DLC has been confirmed for some time now. What DLC will contain has NOT been talked about at all so there is a risk that a lot of players are leaving the game because of the bad gameplay options. SL needs to ask boss Sony if they can publish at least a few pictures of some DLC goodies, preferably within the next 30 minutes at most...

trk_rkd
14th June 2012, 03:31 PM
I'v not managed to play 2048 purely based on I don't own a vita yet, was there any promise for DLC when it came out or is just people hoping it'll come? I'm new to wipeout but its seems there was alot of hype around it but be honest with me is it worth getting it? I mean I plan to get a vita soon but the games out for it so far haven't caught my attention as of yet bar a few.

Yeah there was promise of DLC when the game was released - tracks from wipeout HD were explicitly promised, and there were lots of "we're looking into it" comments from the developers re. racebox modes.

As for being new to the series, the Wipeout games are the most brilliant arcarde racers ever made, but if you're looking for a place to start I'd definitely begin with wipeout HD on PS3. If you don't have a PS3 you could even start on the psp, if you have one - pure and pulse are both fantastic games that can be purchased for next to nothing. I don't think 2048 is a bad game per se but it's definitely not the series at its best, and the omission of basic racebox modes / inclusion of the world's most utterly ****ing retarded "multiplayer campaign" certainly don't help matters.

As for the vita itself, I would ***definitely*** hold off on getting one if I were you. I'm keeping mine for a few games (quite looking forward to littlebigplanet on it) but sony's support for the system at the recent E3 conference was shamefully bad. Wait until there are a number of games you *know* you want on it, then get into it. I knew the system was a risky proposition when I bought it but I wasn't expecting even sony's first party to apparently walk away from it so quickly.