PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for "Fatal Inertia EX"?

docfo4r
1st June 2012, 03:19 PM
Hey guys,
I am just wondering of anyone has & would like to have some online races with me @ Fatal Inertia EX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vteHgMNO9BQ
It is a fun game in my opinion. Please don't compare it to Wipeout since the race feeling, controls, AI, weapons, tracks... everything is different. The weapons are quite interesting and once you get the hang on it, it can be quite fun!

Just to tell you some interesting aspects:
- Race is not on a race street track, but on more open-world alike tracks.
- Weapons are very different from WipEout, use Magnets, Cables, Time dilator, Forceblaster etc. to get a good position.
- Take care of your ship: Once destroyed, the race is over.
- Lot's of nice ambiences: Deep jungle, Canyon, Desert, Ice...
- Customize the look, handling and power of your ship.
- Downloadable from PSN & cheap.

Well of course I have to say it's not that thrilling as Wipeout but I suggest it as a fun alternative...
I know MegaGeeza22 owns a copy of FIEX, so it would be cool to have more gamers for an online match ;)

zero3growlithe
1st June 2012, 03:48 PM
If only I will be able to afford it, sure :) Played the demo and yes, it sure is fun to play ^^:+

docfo4r
1st June 2012, 03:49 PM
Great :)
I hope you could afford it, soon ;)

JABBERJAW
1st June 2012, 07:22 PM
I stopped playing it, not because it wasn't fun, BUT there is terrible CPU assist to the person in behind. The get significantly more turbos so they can catch up. In velocity, they get more of the time slowing weapons. There is no way to turn this off. The designer was considering adding a patch for this, but sadly they never added anything, rendering the game useless in multiplayer

docfo4r
1st June 2012, 07:55 PM
I also had that experience and tested it out: It depends on your position on the field...

When you are in the leading places of the field you will mostly get magnets and smoke clouds and when you are on one of the last places, you get rockets, force fields and time dilators... I never got a time dilator when I was leading the field. Actually, I find it a cool thing so you won't get useless weapon while racing on first or last...

JABBERJAW
1st June 2012, 08:43 PM
It makes practicing useless since the less skilled unpracticed person can catch up to the highly skilled, much practiced pilot at any time. Why practice at all. I hate racing games with this crap. Even wipeout has had some of this nonsense in it, even wrecked multiplayer XL a bit, since in one on one mode ( which runs smooth) the person in first immediately starts slowing down. In arcade link with 15 racers ( runs with slowdown and steer lag ), it does not have this, but the experience is not as good

docfo4r
3rd June 2012, 07:16 AM
So, zero & Mega, would you both be up for a match later? ;)

MegaGeeza22
3rd June 2012, 02:02 PM
I can play a few races today, i have never played this game online so it should be fun!
I did notice that you can unlock some of the online achievements without actually playing online lol...

WikEv_512
3rd June 2012, 05:40 PM
I have it and i really like this game :D I'd really like to play online with you but i don't have enough time, i've to revise for my exams :frown:

docfo4r
4th June 2012, 04:56 AM
@Mega, yeah I also got that archievement while racing against the AI "online" ^^ But I'm pretty happy it can be done this way, otherwise it would take ages to get the 50 online races archievement. I am off from work earlier today, which time are you free? I'm GMT+2. Oh and which ship engine do you use? Since I am through the game, I got all engines available but wouldn't be fair if I select the best one and you would have no chance to catch up...

@WikEv, that's cool, man. If you don't mind, I'll add you to my friends list on PSN so we can have a race whenever you are free!

MegaGeeza22
4th June 2012, 05:55 PM
Sorry i wasn't much competition, i need to get used to the game again lol.
It was fun except when i got a rocket attached to the side of my ship :(
Also i didn't get a count down at the start of some of the races so i couldn't boost start... wierd

docfo4r
4th June 2012, 06:05 PM
Hmm okay, never happened to me before.
Don't worry, it was fun to play with a real person anyway ;) Would be cool if we can have a match from time to time. Maybe you can get used to it then and make progress in the career. Because the only thing that bugs me is that I could choose a fully upgraded ship. That system is totally unfair, ship upgrades should be kept at the same high for multiplayer...

@WikEv: Tell me your PSN ID and I will add you so we three can have a match. Or you can add me aswell: My PSN = docfo4r

WikEv_512
4th June 2012, 08:10 PM
No problem man !