PDA

View Full Version : Phantom class easier than Rapier?

The Loz
11th May 2003, 11:04 AM
Are the opponents comparitively slower on phantom races than they are on rapier? I found it pretty easy to get gold on vostok island, and that was with a fair few mistakes/wall hits/falls off the track. I just kept passing other ships really easily.. On oddessa keys it was quite a lot harsher. And that's supposed to be easier O_o

Anyone else find this?

Loz

Brother Laz
12th May 2003, 08:03 AM
It's because there are now 5 laps instead of 4, making the race longer, so that it's easier to gain first place. Slight design flaw IMO. ;)

Harvai
12th May 2003, 12:37 PM
also probably cos the opponents are pretty stupid. :evil:
have you ever noticed that the same ship is always in first? :-?
(I'ts an AG system ship so that's ok!)

The Loz
31st May 2003, 12:48 PM
Yeah I noticed that. Ag-sys is my favourite team so I didn't mind either. And I tended to beat him, so...

I never understood why the races have a different number of laps in the different classes. It does make it so much easier to win when you have more laps.

Loz

Vasudeva
31st May 2003, 03:46 PM
Qirex rules. Bleh :P

I agree with all the rest though. And I fear that this is a pretty unsubstantial, contentless posting, by the way (I hear Lance whetting his moderating blade :roll:).

Peace!
V.

zargz
31st May 2003, 04:17 PM
u mean sharping ? .. :wink:

Lance
31st May 2003, 06:27 PM
it says here in the english-language dictionary that
whetting equals sharpening. the stone used for it called a whetstone.

currently i'm reluctant to use my carbide whetstone, but i broke the one made out of real stone. sigh

The Loz
1st June 2003, 02:22 PM
Oh, the harshness of it all... Must take some doing to break a big stone....

Loz

Lance
1st June 2003, 06:50 PM
it was small, but it was a good one

The Loz
2nd June 2003, 10:55 PM
I feel your pain dude! :cry: Still, moderating with a blunted blade is perchance more painful and more of a deterrent against time-wasters and off-topic posters (seemingly, me). Ysee, every cloud has a silver lining... :D

Loz

Lance
2nd June 2003, 11:54 PM
i was referring to the small whetstone i formerly used to sharpen my real-life hunting knife. :)
i can create my own metaphysical whetstone to sharpen up the moderating knife any ol' time :D but some months back i was using a sledgehammer. there may have been some collateral damage

The Loz
3rd June 2003, 07:55 AM
Heheh, I can imagine the sledgehammer thing. :lol:

As far as the whetstone, I don't really know. Try made-up links like http://ineedmeanewwhetstone.com (If this actually exists, then wow) :D

Loz