PDA

View Full Version : WIPEOUT EMULATOR

Asche XL
18th February 2002, 09:37 PM
IS there a Wipeout, wipeout XL or wipeout 3 emulator? and if so, where?

UncleZeiv
18th February 2002, 10:04 PM
If you just want to play them on a pc, wipeout1 and 2097/xl were published even for pc; there's a topic under the original wipeout's forum about how and where to download it. Wip3out was published only for psx, and as far as I know there's no emulator which runs correctly wip3out.

science
19th February 2002, 06:34 AM
what happened to the guy that was talking about a wipeout emulator with possible online/network capability? sounded like a cool idea, but the topic just sorta faded away.

Mator
19th February 2002, 10:54 AM
The duy is here.YES, THERE ARE EMILATORS FOR PSX.YES, THEY WORK SUPER.YES, THERE IS NETPLAY PLUGIN FOR THEM.But I cant extplain everyone personnel how to configure them on his own PC.the links,emulators,some advices are in the old forum(wip3out SE:wipeout3 on pc with psx emulator).For those who are lazy, LEECH everything about on http://www.ngemu.com or http://www.psxfanatics.com

PS.i did't cnow that wipeout 1 was published for PC

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mator on 2002-02-19 11:57 ]</font>

Lance
19th February 2002, 12:22 PM
WO1 was ported to the PC, but it wasnt done as well as might be. the graphics look really poor when seen on a computer monitor. the game is still very playable, but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as 2097 for the PC.

Mator
20th February 2002, 07:30 AM
Sorry for these words earlier, but i was upset.So, Is anybody who did not understood the emulation stuff?http://www.epsxe.com/files/ePSXe_FAQ.txt
epsxe FAQ.Everything is there and waits to be read

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mator on 2002-02-21 15:51 ]</font>

Wiseman
22nd February 2002, 05:10 AM
WO1 was ported to the PC, but it wasnt done as well as might be. the graphics look really poor when seen on a computer monitor.

You got that right, those textures on the ships.... man what the hell did they do with them!?! :lol

They're all f#$ked up....

Lance
22nd February 2002, 01:42 PM
part of it is just that we're looking from up close on a high-resolution monitor instead of a low-resolution television that's considerably farther away.

is your pc version of wipeout still working? mine doesnt work anymore. when i press 'enter' it goes back to windows and shows a dos error screen covered with messages and numbers. i deleted the folder, then extracted the original files to a new one, but it does the same thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lance on 2002-02-22 14:42 ]</font>

Wiseman
23rd February 2002, 05:41 AM
I was avtually talking about the textures themselves, the colors are all wacked.

Trust me, the real 2nd AG-Systems ship isn't the blue/green/yellow mess it is in the PC version, it's just green and yellow.

And all of the other ships have some slight texture goofs (except for the 1st AG-Sys ship) but none of them are as bad and the 2nd AG-Sys.....

But anyway, yeah, my version still works fine....

Lance
23rd February 2002, 06:15 AM
ah, i getcha.

i saw something in mine even more wack. 3 times, 2 of them after the race was over, the track appeared to have textures from the ships as the surface of the track. very very colourful! but somewhat difficult to drive on. i think there may have been textures from other things as well, but i don't know and now i can't check.

Wiseman
23rd February 2002, 08:31 AM
The exact same thing happened to me once after my race was over... was very wierd....

I just quit and then restarted the game, so I don't know if it sticks or not, kinda freaked me out when I first saw it though. :lol

So it can happen during the race too then, eh? Well that's comforting.... :lol

Confusion
23rd February 2002, 10:58 AM
I really ought to buy this from Sony's platinum range. I got it on PC but I can't be arsed reconfiguring my Config.sys and Autoexec.bat files just to play it.

The music on the PC version sounds like stuff you would here at a crappy funfair too...

PLASMA2097
23rd February 2002, 11:37 AM
I just know wipeout from the PC version of the first part!
Then my sizta bought a PSX and then I bought the whole collection except the SE of 3! :sad:
I loved to play the game on the PC...

Feisar
13th October 2002, 05:17 PM
where do you get the games at?