PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout championship

JABBERJAW
8th May 2012, 05:22 PM
THIS IS EXACTLY AS THE TITLE SUGGESTS, A WIPEOUT CHAMPIONSHIP CONSISTING OF ALL THE WIPEOUT GAMES

Info will be added as we move closer to the tournament start. This first thread will be updated with rules, tracks, competitors, ect.

SO FAR 39 COMPETITORS.

COMPETITION LEGIT TIMES BEGIN ON DEC 1. !!

People can join at any time, but you need to contact me

ALL TRACKS WILL BE ANNOUNCED NOV 1st. You can practice any or all tracks until dec 1 st. On DEC 1st you may start getting times for the challenges. ANY time you get for ANY track may be used from this time foward. This is to allow more flexibility to players who may not have the time at certain parts of the tournament. However, it obviously is more important to play the games that are due at the earlier dates. You MUST read the rules for each specific game, like for example, damage simulator must be ON during race modes in wipeout fusion, and some ships may be disabled on some tracks. All the rules for the tracks will be announced when the tracks are announced

Times will be emailed to wipeoutchampionship@hotmail.com which I will create now. They will need a heading of the game you played and the 4 times you got for the tracks & the ship used. These times are due at midnight of YOUR time zone. I will not open ANY results until after my deadline for times. No one is under any obligation to share their times with anyone.

TRACKS WILL BE ANNOUNCED HERE:

Games used:
1) if you have NTSC, USE THAT VERSION
2) then use pal if that is all you have
3). Wipeout 3= use NTSC A if you have it, use regular pal if you have it next. If you only have 3se use that. This is so I don't have to figure out conversions. Please tell me now if that is all you have

JANUARY 31 midnight. 2048 times are due
................................ HD times are due
................................ WO2D times are due
MARCH 15 midnight.....WO64 times are due
................................ WO1 times are due
.................................WOPURE times are due
APRIL 30 midnight...... WOXL times are due
.................................WOPULSE times are due
.................................WOFUSION times are due
.................................WO3 times are due

POINTS SYSTEM:

I want winning a track to really matter, and top 3 to be a goal to shoot for.

29. And so on, depending on the amount of players as you said.

This way, first is a very desired position, and shooting for a top 3 really matters. I also like a good gap between 2-3, slightly more percentage wise than pure scoring

Competitors:

JABBERJAW
CRUDBALL
LOCUS2k
MEDUSA
COLONEL_GADDAFI
ASAYYEAH
KAORI
STIN
TURBULENCE
ORYX CAKE
MANGAROO
Q_DMC12
MAD ICE
HELLFIRE
AZUROOTH
G'KYL
KEG_11
LEUNGBOK
Tp2tged
Tenlaven
Touge_ rider
Zero3growlithe
Froste
Agwolf
Djtechno
Germanistgeek
Tomahawk
Airrider
Novide
Mikahail
Staz-
Exaltedr3v3ng3
Jfthebestjan
Challenger 001
Deaf junkie 16
Duckylat
Amjw
Mikahail
Wiseman
Fabo810

WIPEOUT 1 (all rapier TT except karbonis)

Karbonis ( venom) + ( rapier) combined
Arridos
Terramax
Silverstream

WIPEOUT XL ( no turning around at beginning of race) ALL time trial phantom
Talons Reach--piranha
Valparaiso-----non pir
Gare deuropa--piranha
Spilskinanke--- non piranha

WIPEOUT 64 ( all single races, no turning around at beginning of race, must get turbo start and immediately cross line

Terafumos---Piranha
Qoron 4------Piranha
Machaon 2---non pir
Sokana------- non pir

WIPEOUT 3 all TT phantom

Manor Top
Terminal
Hi Fumii
P mar Project

WIPEOUT FUSION (Single Race,no turn around at beginning of race, weapons on, no respawns allowed, you must reset if this happens, DAMAGE SIMULATOR MUST BE SET TO ON! For the races.

Florian 1 zone mode ( damage simulator on or off)
Temptesh Bay 2R ( xios must be used)
Alca Vexus 3R ( any ship)
Katmodo 3R ( any ship)

WIPEOUT PURE ( NO VITA VERSION, cfw maximum setting at 266, ALL region versions allowed, all phantom TT

Exostra Run
Sebenco Climb
Khara Descent
Modesto Heights

WIPEOUT PULSE ( phantom TT, any ship allowed, NO VITA ALLOWED, max cfw is 266)

Metropia White
Platinum Rush White
Vertica White
Outpost White

WIPEOUT HD ( phantom TT, VITA allowed, only post times after the update allowed, do not post times pre update to the physics)

Amphesium Reverse
Chenghou Reverse
Metropia
Ubermall

WIPEOUT 2D ( any cpu ship speed level allowed), fastest speed, 5 laps

Chenghou
Metropia
Sol
Vineta

WIPEOUT 2048 ( ALL races are A+ challenges, any ship)

Capital Reach
Downtown
Rockway Stadium
Sol
Last edited by JABBERJAW; Today at 11:01 PM.

Medusa
8th May 2012, 05:34 PM
OMG Jabberjaw you couldn't do any better dragging me back into wipeout. What an epic idea!!!! I still haven't sold my games/systems...that means it will be hard to resist.
And people said there'd be nothing bigger than the WipeoutHD Cup. Hmm. This is frigging huge. :O

Colonel
8th May 2012, 06:16 PM
Count me in. Can people enter with conversions (e.g. WO1 on PS3 and Pure / Pulse on Vita)?

JABBERJAW
8th May 2012, 08:37 PM
I will look into those conversions as well. Will do testing after my July tournament, and probably ask Arnaud to do some as well. I am thinking if you could purchase wo1 for the ps1 and play it on your ps3. I do have a couple friends who are great with dpads to perhaps test that for me. This will be sweet if we get a ton of people for this

kaori
8th May 2012, 09:46 PM
Ready to fly. I'll translate your championship on our francophone forum :)

JABBERJAW
9th May 2012, 03:11 AM
Thanks! Maybe I should write it up nicely now that it seems to be getting a lot of interest. Arnaud suggested we start with 2048 and go backwards, and I think that's a great idea

amplificated
9th May 2012, 05:57 AM
Are emulators allowed? I imagine a lot of people would only be able to play the PS1 games by using one (with legit copies of the game, of course). I'm not sure if emulation affects times, though it could be possible.

JABBERJAW
9th May 2012, 12:20 PM
Probably not for emulators. I have seen them running these ps1 games at 60 fps, and I also have no way of testing them correctly as every computer is different

Ps1s cost 10$ though now which isn't too much of a purchase.

stin
9th May 2012, 04:08 PM
I`m in!, but I will need to buy NSTC version for PS1 console due, my son blew it up a while ago!

stevie:)

JABBERJAW
9th May 2012, 04:47 PM
You can use pal, that's fine.

I have blown a few up too. :)

Turbulence
9th May 2012, 05:10 PM
I'm a little confused. Is this an actual event, or just online?
How would you play the old ones over the internet? :/

I'm in though! :)

JABBERJAW
9th May 2012, 09:56 PM
This is more of an "on your honor" competition, as has recently been done on Altima before the release of 2048. It will be 4 track events per game, each game being scored exactly the same. It will be cool to see wipeout 1 greats trying their hand in HD, and vice versa. I will come out with a scoring system, and track order as the thread progresses, and we see who will want to participate. I am hoping for 50 or more, but 30 plus would be a really cool competition. The sept start is for people to get any consoles/games they may need for the tourney. Also, I am having the NA wipeout tournament in July, so I will want a short break after that.

Oryx Crake
10th May 2012, 06:55 PM
I assume I will have a tough time finding all the games sadly but I'm in for any games I can play =)

Turbulence
10th May 2012, 08:44 PM
Oh, I understand.

Well I'm in for WO1, Fusion and HD Fury. I'll try to find my copy of Pulse. Haha. XD
Time to eBay the rest. Gives me a good excuse to buy some more WipEout games. :)

You could always request pictures of high scores/lap times, etc. Anyone can get a camera and take a picture of their screen. ;)

mangaroo
10th May 2012, 10:47 PM
Count me in, the only title I'm missing is Wipeout 64 I think. I've read the input is too different with emulators...I haven't been in any of the tournaments yet but will we be playing the 64 one too? Also sort of as a followup from the above post, is it compulsory to take part in all of the games? That would be sweet but would take some real practice over the summer seeing as I mainly started with Pure.

JABBERJAW
11th May 2012, 03:53 AM
yes wo64 is in, oryx, ebay is pretty cheap for this stuff

q_dmc12
11th May 2012, 03:42 PM
Hmm..not sure, but I am certain that I'll be in a WipEout mood after the main tournament. I'll have to hook-up all my consoles again :S

Turbulence
13th May 2012, 04:22 PM
It's fine to use the PSN downloaded version of WO1, right?

JABBERJAW
13th May 2012, 08:03 PM
Not sure yet, I'm inclined to say no as I might not be able to test the euro DL properly, or even the NTSC version for that matter. If you are participating and playing wo3 and 2097, just pick up a copy of wo1. Ps1s should cost you less than 10 euros right now I think. It's a well worthwhile purchase.

Turbulence
18th May 2012, 09:30 PM
I'm pretty sure they are straight ports. Don't see why there would be any problem. :/

Gonna try and pick up WO3 now. Still gonna use my PS3 to play it though.

JABBERJAW
19th May 2012, 01:42 AM
They are not straight ports, I have played them, they are different from the pal and NTSC versions on the playstation 1.I'm almost inclined to think they were ported from the pc version, but I don't have enough experience playing that. We had an issue for a record at one time, and it was deemed wrong for some reason. Anyway, after enough digging, it was the ps3 download version.

You should pick up a wo1 copy and a Negcon, then you will get some rocking times. :)

Mad-Ice
20th May 2012, 11:57 AM
I am up for this! Just write my name down. Can you already explain something about the point system. Greetz Mad-Ice

JABBERJAW
20th May 2012, 03:22 PM
Something like this. Everyone who plays, scores points. The higher you place the better. If you get in the top 3, you get significantly higher points than 4 th and below. You really get rewarded for winning a track. So if you are great at a game, and win every track, (Arnaud for XL for example), it will show in your score. So, If 30 people played, it might look something like this

1 st = 100
2cd=. 60
3rd = 45
4th =. 30
5th =. 28
6th =. 26
5th =. 24
4th =. 23
And so on down to 1.

13 pilots so far, let's get this really high.

Oryx Crake
5th June 2012, 08:18 PM
yippie! I found my old wip3out copy and got to borrow a copy of 2097 (both pal) from a mate I am almost set!, too bad my wo1 pal copy is busted beyond saving :(

JABBERJAW
5th June 2012, 09:46 PM
Very nice, hoping to get a ton of people involved

Hellfire_WZ
5th June 2012, 10:34 PM
Any restrictions or regulations on NegCon use? Because we all know that owning a NegCon leads to curb stomping ;)

JABBERJAW
6th June 2012, 12:15 AM
You MUST use a Negcon. :). Any controller is fine

JABBERJAW
7th June 2012, 12:14 AM
We are at 14 so far, let's get 30!

JABBERJAW
CRUDBALL
LOCUS2k
MEDUSA
COLONEL_GADDAFI
ASAYYEAH
KAORI
STIN
TURBULENCE
ORYX CAKE
MANGAROO
Q_DMC12
MAD ICE
HELLFIRE

keg_11
7th June 2012, 07:02 AM
Few questions:

When in September r u planning to hold the championship?
& with placings, you just post your results from the games on the forums (truthfully, of course)?
Would you allow emulators, such as ePSXe?

F.E.I.S.A.R
7th June 2012, 07:21 AM
I think emulated gameplay is not allowed. Of course,I might be wrong as this rule applied to when WOZ still had record tables that did not allow emulated gameplay records.

I think the reason was that emulators are used for tool-assisted speedruns,and people may input times that even the most ace of pilots here cannot achieve through normal gameplay

keg_11
7th June 2012, 09:10 AM
I think emulated gameplay is not allowed. Of course,I might be wrong as this rule applied to when WOZ still had record tables that did not allow emulated gameplay records.

I think the reason was that emulators are used for tool-assisted speedruns,and people may input times that even the most ace of pilots here cannot achieve through normal gameplay

I don't even know how to rig it so I get the best times. Also (this maybe because of the emulator) it gets real laggy at times whilst I'm playing 2097.

leungbok
7th June 2012, 09:53 AM
I can maybe participate, but i only have wipeout 1 on psn and 2097 as an iso on my cf psp.

Oryx Crake
7th June 2012, 10:40 PM
yeah ok so it looks like I wont be getting my mitts on an original copy of wo1 to play... I'm not whining or anything I just want to know, but can someone explain the difference between the psn version and the original? (or if there is a thread where it's been explained can someone point me in that direction?)

Mad-Ice
8th June 2012, 02:30 PM
Hi Al,

About the points: I think the gap between the 1st and 2nd place is too big! Can we stay in classic Wipeout point system; 1st is 8 points and second is 6 points?! So in your system it could be 1st is 80 points and 2nd is 60 points, 3rd is 50 points, 4th is 40 points, 5th is 30 points and depending on the number of players you can come down with 1-5 per player?!! Just a thought.

Also can we let new players choose the tracks per game in the week before we start a new version of Wipeout?

JABBERJAW
8th June 2012, 02:37 PM
I want winning a track to really matter, and top 3 to be a goal to shoot for. How about

This way, first is a very desired position, and shooting for a top 3 really matters. I also like a good gap between 2-3, slightly more percentage wise than pure scoring

Mad-Ice
9th June 2012, 06:55 AM
Ok! That is much better than the first system. The fight for 3rd can be very intense in this set-up I think.

What about my second idea in my previous post?

Oryx Crake
9th June 2012, 08:45 AM
I like your second idea mad-ice question is what do you mean by new players? I took it to mean something a long the lines of people who are somewhat new to the game in question, question is how we rank that?

(many questions in those two sentences)

JABBERJAW
9th June 2012, 12:41 PM
@ oryx, if you like specific tracks send me a pm, no promises. The 40 tracks will be set at the very beginning of August. That way 4 tracks from each game will be practiced instead of every track from every game. This will give everyone a chance to be good at them all instead of someone who plays 10 hours a day ( wish I could).

Oryx Crake
9th June 2012, 04:42 PM
Cool cool i'll give it some thought then :)

keg_11
10th June 2012, 01:26 AM
Count me in!
However, I'll only be able to do Wipeout 2097 & Wipeout 3 (I have the SE)

JABBERJAW
10th June 2012, 02:11 AM
No emulators are allowed. Just pick up a ps1, they are very cheap

Oryx Crake
11th June 2012, 02:04 PM
well I have made a first draft for a logo peeps that's to say er... here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3pNnsggZIg

G'Kyl
15th June 2012, 04:43 AM
I'm in! Or at least I want to be. :) Wonderful idea!

P.S.: I suppose shortcuts will be allowed, yes? ;) Just asking though, I don't mind (any more *g*).

zero3growlithe
15th June 2012, 04:46 AM
PSP can run PSX games so can I play on it? Or it reaaaly must be on real PSX? (i know it is still in emulation category but every PSP is same :))

Oryx Crake
15th June 2012, 06:57 AM
currently getting back into it with wo2097 and wo3... man the ps2 controller sucks... pitch management is a nightmare since the pad likes to think you're pressing 2 buttons at once hence: *pitching up for softer landing* Hello wall!

I think if I make some decent money this summer a negcon might not be an unlikely purchase.

G'Kyl
15th June 2012, 08:09 AM
PSP can run PSX games so can I play on it? Or it reaaaly must be on real PSX? (i know it is still in emulation category but every PSP is same :))
Not really. Some might run it at 333 MHz, others at default. That's a huge difference. Having said that: I don't actually care. :) The championship is a great idea and I prefer it not to be hindered by platform constraints - slight unfair advantage or not.

JABBERJAW
15th June 2012, 04:35 PM
Any psp with cfw allows 333. I'm pretty sure the games DO NOT run faster than the real game. I will have ag wolf test for me since he is a dpad expert. Pc emulators are out, I know how fast they run the games.

Azurooth
7th July 2012, 10:18 AM
I own 2097, Wip3out, Fusion and HD/Fury. Will try and get hold of 1 and 64. Anyway, count me in!

JABBERJAW
7th July 2012, 11:33 PM
We are at 18 so far, let's get 30! At the NA TOURNEY, We should be able to add some names

JABBERJAW
CRUDBALL
LOCUS2k
MEDUSA
COLONEL_GADDAFI
ASAYYEAH
KAORI
STIN
TURBULENCE
ORYX CAKE
MANGAROO
Q_DMC12
MAD ICE
HELLFIRE
AZUROOTH
G'KYL
KEG_11
LEUNGBOK

t2ptged
8th July 2012, 12:46 AM
I'll be in for WipeOut HD. Otherwise, I'm not qualified. But let me know!

t2ptged:redface:

Ignore the new pilot. Pilot since September 2010.

tenlaven
9th July 2012, 10:37 PM
Hey, I'm new here, but I'm so in.

touge_rider
15th July 2012, 02:35 AM
Provided that keg_11 doesn't take 2097 and 3, I'll enter for those, Wipeout 1 on PS3 (if allowed), Fusion and HD Fury.

zero3growlithe
30th July 2012, 08:22 PM
Not many people signed in to it so I'm in :) WOHD, Pulse, Pure and maybe in near future 2048 should be enough xd

JABBERJAW
31st July 2012, 02:16 PM
We are at 25 so far, let's get 30 or more.

Looking at the date to make it work better with the euro tourney coming up, so it might be delayed a bit. At worst, the first of the year start. Don't worry, it will happen. :)

JABBERJAW
CRUDBALL
LOCUS2k
MEDUSA
COLONEL_GADDAFI
ASAYYEAH
KAORI
STIN
TURBULENCE
ORYX CAKE
MANGAROO
Q_DMC12
MAD ICE
HELLFIRE
AZUROOTH
G'KYL
KEG_11
LEUNGBOK
Tp2tged
Tenlaven
Touge_ rider
Zero3growlithe
Froste
Agwolf
Djtechno

Germanistgeek
3rd August 2012, 06:52 PM
I want to be in, but so far, i can only compete on wipeout fusion PAL (My psp is actually broken so i can't play pure/pulse).
Anyway, this competition seems to be great. It would be good to measure me at some other pilots.

In hoping of a quick response,

Germanistgeek

JABBERJAW
3rd August 2012, 07:13 PM
Compete on that version, also, just pick up the pal ps1 games, should be cheap as heck

REQUEST: for wipeout 3, if people could play the regular version that would be easier for me for conversions, and not 3se

Germanistgeek
3rd August 2012, 07:28 PM
Oh, by the way, is it compulsary to get all the games to compete ? I only have PS1 and PS2 so far. I definitely cannot compete on PS3 and PSVITA.

JABBERJAW
4th August 2012, 05:07 PM
Whatever you have is fine. The team competition will be

TEAM 1: NORTH AMERICA, SOUTH AMERICA

TEAM 2: ALL OTHERS

Except I'm inclined to add JAPAN to the American team, since we may have less players. Let's see the numbers first

TOP 5 participants for each team will count for the team competition, first place equals 1, second 2, and so on. Lowest team score will win.

Individual points will still be rewarded as the earlier post

keg_11
8th August 2012, 07:58 AM
REQUEST: for wipeout 3, if people could play the regular version that would be easier for me for conversions, and not 3se

What do you mean? As far as I know, it shouldn't make any difference whether you use the reg or SE.

JABBERJAW
8th August 2012, 01:52 PM
There are a lot of differences between the games, speed, float, shortcuts. If people use regular conversions are easier for me to do. I can do se if necessary, but I like to get the conversions right, meaning ALOT of playing both versions, or if se is involved 3 versions

keg_11
10th August 2012, 01:04 AM
There are a lot of differences between the games, speed, float, shortcuts.

:D I've got an idea. Why don't you host SE as a stand-alone game in the Championship?

I admit there are some difference between the games (had a quick look at Hellfire's walkthrough), but then I figured although SE is an upgrade on 3, but it's a stand-alone game (in the days before DLCs). What do you think?

P.S: To help put it into perspective, I've noticed that you have Fury ans a standalone despite it's a DLC for HD

JABBERJAW
10th August 2012, 02:56 AM
Can't, the tourney is world based, not just pal territories. I can do the conversion, it's just easier for standard wo3 pal, as there are not nearly as many shortcuts as 3se. It means if people use it that I need to play three versions to perfection to get a legit conversion. If there is no other choice for the person, then play 3se.

JABBERJAW
11th August 2012, 12:05 AM
ALL TRACKS WILL BE ANNOUNCED NOV 1st. You can practice any or all tracks until dec 1 st. On DEC 1st you may start getting times for the challenges. ANY time you get for ANY track may be used from this time foward. This is to allow more flexibility to players who may not have the time at certain parts of the tournament. However, it obviously is more important to play the games that are due at the earlier dates. You MUST read the rules for each specific game, like for example, damage simulator must be ON during race modes in wipeout fusion, and some ships may be disabled on some tracks. All the rules for the tracks will be announced when the tracks are announced

Times will be emailed to wipeoutchampionship@hotmail.com which I will create now. They will need a heading of the game you played and the 4 times you got for the tracks & the ship used. These times are due at midnight of YOUR time zone. I will not open ANY results until after my deadline for times. No one is under any obligation to share their times with anyone.

Games used:
3). Wipeout 3= use NTSC A if you have it, use regular pal if you have it next. If you only have 3se use that. This is so I don't have to figure out conversions. Please tell me now if that is all you have

December 31 midnight. 2048 times are due
January 13 midnight. HD times are due
January 20 midnight. WO2D times are due
February 3 midnight. WO64 times are due
February 17 midnight. WO1 times are due
March 3 midnight. WOPURE times are due
March 17 midnight. WOXL times are due
March 31. midnight WOPULSE times are due
APRIL 14. Midnight. WOFUSION times are due
APRIL 28. Midnight. WO3 times are due

keg_11
11th August 2012, 12:44 AM
(If you haven't figured it out from my previous posts) I'll be playing 3SE.

Question: The times you want us to post are the full times of the races w/ the AI? Not like lap times on time trial or things like that.

JABBERJAW
11th August 2012, 01:14 AM
I'll post exact races in November. They will be full races though, no lap times, except for tie break. You don't have regular 3?

Medusa
11th August 2012, 02:36 AM
:D I've got an idea. Why don't you host SE as a stand-alone game in the Championship?
P.S: To help put it into perspective, I've noticed that you have Fury ans a standalone despite it's a DLC for HD

Jabber, not that I want to be a whiner or anything, as this is your humongous, chock-full-of-work-competition you're running...but I would also love SE as a standalone game in this.
Don't shoot me! :p

EDIT: Just ignore me, I missed a few important, relevant posts....

Germanistgeek
11th August 2012, 10:17 AM
i bought another psp and picked up pulse. Here are the games i can play so far :

Wipeout FUSION
Wipeout Pure
Wipeout Pulse

I will update if i get more games to play.

keg_11
15th August 2012, 12:35 AM
...You don't have regular 3?

Nah. I bought SE off eBay in part because of the extra tracks, but I thought there was much more info on back-story. Unfortunately, Pierre Belmondo's last "psych-impulse" was all there is. Damn! :brickwall

EDIT: & it was the only copy W3 on eBay in Australia at the time I bought it.

Tomahawk
16th August 2012, 11:42 AM
Jabber, not that I want to be a whiner or anything, as this is your humongous, chock-full-of-work-competition you're running...but I would also love SE as a standalone game in this.
Don't shoot me! :p

I will probably be holding a stand alone 3SE christmas challenge again this year if you are interested. Prices will be the same like last year: a box of Nuernberg Lebkuchen for each of the contenders placing first, second or third in the challenge.

@JABBERJAW: I'd really like to take part in your challenge, but I do not have the time right now to compete in such a huge challenge with such a wide selection of games. I know that I don't have to compete in all games at once, but it's also the time frame in which we have to do the single games (only 1 week for each game) that holds me off of this.

JABBERJAW
16th August 2012, 01:53 PM
@ Tomohawk.

A couple things I posted above.

1) starting Dec 1, any time you get for any game can count. The first times for the first game are due at the end of dec. This will give you a month of times for any Game you want. This was for flexibility for people with families & jobs

2) two weeks in between due dates for each game

3) tracks are announced Nov 1st to give a month of practice

Hopefully this will change your mind :)

Tomahawk
18th August 2012, 08:16 AM
Hopefully this will change your mind :)

I guess this will change my mind. I'll only take part in the older WipEouts until Pure though. WipEout kinda stopped being the WipEout I had loved for a decade for me after Pure.

touge_rider
20th August 2012, 10:54 PM
For Wipeout 1, do I need the PS1 version or can I run it on PS3 (PSN Download)?
Also, other than that, I am confirmed in for HD, Fury and Fusion.

Hellfire_WZ
22nd August 2012, 05:51 PM
In light of today's news, I think we need to make this tournament something special. If you haven't signed up, get signed up. Let's make this a tournament to be proud of and really show the legacy that Studio Liverpool have left.

Airrider
22nd August 2012, 05:55 PM
Is there room for a pilot in HD, Fury or ideally 2048?

Medusa
22nd August 2012, 07:06 PM
"In light of today's news, I think we need to make this tournament something special. If you haven't signed up, get signed up. Let's make this a tournament to be proud of and really show the legacy that Studio Liverpool have left."
Amen.

novide
24th August 2012, 11:35 AM
I would like to take part. :)

i can play on PS1 (pal): wo2097 & wo3; PS2 (pal): wo fusion; PS3: wo hd/fury; PSP: pure & pulse, Vita: 2048

JABBERJAW
24th August 2012, 02:31 PM
I'll update our list at the end of the day

Mikahail
24th August 2012, 04:23 PM
A little bit late, but I'm in.
On WO1 (PS3) and HD/Fury.
Would have enter with Wip3out but it doesn't work on PS3 and my PS2 have decided to play the diva. ><

stin
24th August 2012, 05:19 PM
Just to clarify for me, I will use PS1 WipEout 1, WipEout 2097, Wip3out, Wip3out SE, Fusion, Pure, Pulse, WipEout HD & Fury and 2048, OK, that is alot! lol!

Staz-
24th August 2012, 08:49 PM
I'm in for WipEout, WipEout 2097, WipEout 3 SE, WipEout Fusion, Pure and Pulse, 2048, all this on PAL only, but if it's absolutely necessary, I can search NTSC version.

For HD Fury, it's ... delicate. At this time, I have no PS3 anymore ... But, of course, I can play it on Vita, so even if the game haven't Racebox on Vita, choose the good tracks in the good class is possible.

In absolute terms, and if it really and totally necessary to play on PS3, I can go to a friend.

ExaltedR3V3NG3
25th August 2012, 01:50 PM
I will go for 2097, W3SE, Fusion, HD/F and 2048. I need a PSX memory card though, but sure I'll get one in time (or using "unlock everything" cheats lol). Oh, and I want to know if HD/F must be done in PS3 or in Vita... That's just for interest, as I cann plau them perfectly on both consoles.

JABBERJAW
6th September 2012, 11:12 PM
THIS IS EXACTLY AS THE TITLE SUGGESTS, A WIPEOUT CHAMPIONSHIP CONSISTING OF ALL THE WIPEOUT GAMES

Info will be added as we move closer to the tournament start. This first thread will be updated with rules, tracks, competitors, ect.

.We are at 33! Lets get more.

Games used:

POINTS SYSTEM:

Competitors:

JABBERJAW
CRUDBALL
LOCUS2k
MEDUSA
COLONEL_GADDAFI
ASAYYEAH
KAORI
STIN
TURBULENCE
ORYX CAKE
MANGAROO
Q_DMC12
MAD ICE
HELLFIRE
AZUROOTH
G'KYL
KEG_11
LEUNGBOK
Tp2tged
Tenlaven
Touge_ rider
Zero3growlithe
Froste
Agwolf
Djtechno
Germanistgeek
Tomahawk
Airrider
Novide
Mikahail
Staz-
Exaltedr3v3ng3
Jfthebestjan

fab0810
7th September 2012, 10:51 AM
i can ride on 2097 and wo3 (ps1), fusion (ps2) and hd-fury (ps3).
it may be difficult to find the steering on older versions but it's good to get back to basics!

Colonel
7th September 2012, 11:40 AM
Al, any chance you could put an up to date summary of rules, dates, players etc in your first post? Things have developed quite a bit since you started it, and it takes ages to trawl through the thread and put it all together.

Thanks in advance :)

JABBERJAW
7th September 2012, 12:11 PM
Yeah, ill try and do it tonight after work since it will take a bit of time.

Colonel
7th September 2012, 01:21 PM
Cheers mate :+

JFthebestJan
7th September 2012, 02:26 PM
i want to participate too :)

my games:

wipEout (PSN)
wip3out (PS)
wipEout Fusion (PS2)
wipEout Pure (PSP)
wipEout Pulse (PS2)
wipEout HD Fury (PS3)

JABBERJAW
8th September 2012, 11:34 AM

SO FAR 38 COMPETITORS.

Games used:

POINTS SYSTEM:

Competitors:

JABBERJAW
CRUDBALL
LOCUS2k
MEDUSA
COLONEL_GADDAFI
ASAYYEAH
KAORI
STIN
TURBULENCE
ORYX CAKE
MANGAROO
Q_DMC12
MAD ICE
HELLFIRE
AZUROOTH
G'KYL
KEG_11
LEUNGBOK
Tp2tged
Tenlaven
Touge_ rider
Zero3growlithe
Froste
Agwolf
Djtechno
Germanistgeek
Tomahawk
Airrider
Novide
Mikahail
Staz-
Exaltedr3v3ng3
Jfthebestjan
Challenger 001
Deaf junkie 16
Duckylat
Amjw
Mikahail
Wiseman

FEISAR_ARCH
30th September 2012, 01:09 AM
I'll compete in the WO3SE division, provided you accept unedited footage other than the addition of music, since my ePSXe ISO of WO3SE won't play CDDA.

Shouldn't we have a constructor's championship? I'll be using FEISAR for the entirety of the Championship.

JABBERJAW
1st October 2012, 07:42 PM
No emulators are allowed.

FEISAR_ARCH
2nd October 2012, 05:43 PM
That's a stupid rule. I don't have a Wipeout 3 Special Edition Copy that can run on a PS2. I will create my own "open door" championship.

I'm sorry but any rule against emulation is like angering Auricom by ignoring Belmondo's philosophy. Is this a legal concern? Because I don't follow. Again I'm, trying to not end up like Holst McQueen, banned from AG Systems for falling out over the company's projected path. I just want to compete, end of story. I don't have any Wipeout games other than the ISO I got from *deleted*. I used to have Wip3out, but it got damaged over time, it won't play anymore without freezing in mid race, it's trashed.

I owe you guys an apology for this post, I'm trying not to be a disgrace. Right now, this post has made me an "unknown quantity at this point". I don't want to go down in reputation any further. If I must I'll play the game on official hardware, if not without some help from my Breaker Pro Disc. But first I need a legit copy of WO3 SE, any leads or vendors?

Oryx Crake
2nd October 2012, 06:46 PM
The reason why emulation isn't allowed is because there isn't an online competition option for the older games and so we have to compare times, which doesn't work when emulation runs the games at different speeds than official copies and official machines.

The rule therefore is there to not provide anyone with an unfair advantage, i.e. it's not a stupid rule.

I'm sure you didn't knwo that this was the case so I'm assuming you didn't need to be rude but it really is about making sure everyone gets an equal opportunity to do well.

EDIT - lol we must really have hit enter like a second apart there :g

Hellfire_WZ
2nd October 2012, 06:46 PM
The reason for not allowing ISO files is to standardise the games for everyone. Emulators are capable of running the game at various speeds, and may inadvertantly provide someone with an advantage. There are even time differences between different versions of the game running on an original console. As long as they are running on official hardware it is possible for Al to convert the times from one version to another. This is not possible with an emulator, which is why emulated times are also not allowed on the leaderboards here

EDIT - Damn you Oryx :P

JABBERJAW
2nd October 2012, 07:04 PM
A used copy of wo3 costs less than 5 bucks, and will run on a ps2. The prices for fusion, 1 and XL are similar

FEISAR_ARCH
2nd October 2012, 07:34 PM
Well, regardless of variation found in emulation, I can control that in my own championship. No times will be posted on the leaderboards, but they will have several guidelines to eliminate such variation:

Must run Windows 7 since there will be a lot more variation of performance on older Windows OS.
Must use ePSXe 1.7.0
Must use the OpenGL video plugin.
Must use the Eternal SPU plugin.
Must use SCPH1001.BIN for their BIOS.
Must use Magic Joybox, or whatever will help you play with a Dualshock controller on your PC.
Must use Fraps.

Of course, that's how I would regulate the WO3SE Emulation Domination Cup. A tournament in which, the only rule you have to follow other than to not use cheats, is maintain a framerate of 25-30 FPS throughout the entire emulation.

It's not about hall of fame records in this tournament, it's about participation for the pheasants. If your game emulates faster than the how I want it to emulate, don't bother to take part. Great, now I sound like a hypocrite. The point is, someone has to host an emulation cup for us pheasants (those without the money nor resource to compete like the rest should). It won't be for hall of fame titles or leaderboard rights, it's just for kicks. I'll be starting a thread about this new emulation league soon, do not be afraid to make suggestions.

zero3growlithe
2nd October 2012, 08:13 PM
Indeed, though rule should be: U must have PC capable of running PSX games on emulator and framerate limit set to 60 fps in emu options and PC must be able to run Fraps and PSX Emu together without FPS drops... it is just impossible to make something fair if there are many possibilities to cheat and u can't check if someone is not cheating imo.

btw. I guess that i can take part in only 3 wipeout championships then :P (WOHD, Pulse, Pure)

JABBERJAW
2nd October 2012, 09:24 PM
Why are you being insulting? Pheasants. I dont think 15$ is too much money for the original trilogy, especially considering that is sounds like you have a nice computer worth 50 - 100 times that. I dont want emulation because the framerate can be set to be MUCH better, BUT the main thing is I cannot test it to see. Its already going to hard enough as it is to get converted times. If you played on the psp, that might be possible AS I could test that, and i do believe that it may run exactly the same.

FEISAR_ARCH
2nd October 2012, 09:33 PM
Fine, I'll just drop it before I cause more drama.

Oryx Crake
3rd October 2012, 12:35 AM
look Arch it's not a bad thing to offer your ideas, but you must realize you sound antagonistic towards Al when you say you're gonna open a rival competition, the whole idea with this championship is to give us all a chance to test our mettle against each other in everything that is wipeout.
But for the reasons explained above, it's next to impossible for Al alone to curate and keep an eye on the competition when he has to keep track of the way the game plays on such widely varying platforms.

If we can't maintain control and order the competition element of the competition disappears, don't take it personally mate.

Medusa
3rd October 2012, 04:29 PM
KiTTun wants some pheasants! ;) Darn, so many tourneys, so little time...

JABBERJAW
3rd October 2012, 05:01 PM
I didnt notice until you wrote that! :)

Challenger #001
3rd October 2012, 09:14 PM
Add me to the competitors list.

Defjukie16
10th October 2012, 06:49 PM
I'll gladly sign up for WipEout HD, please Add me to the competitors list.

DuCkyLAT
16th October 2012, 11:59 AM
I would love to join the list!

amjw
22nd October 2012, 02:57 PM
i was going to ask to be added to list and then i realised that this was wipeout and not wipeout hd lol :S

Mikahail
22nd October 2012, 03:13 PM
It's fine if you can only play WOHD, each game has its proper championship. So you can enter the competition with the games you have, it's made to gather the most players interested. Even 1 game is enough to participate, and it's the most important thing.
(And WO can be purchased on PSN for cheap)

JABBERJAW
2nd November 2012, 03:27 PM
I will set this up a bit better later, but here are the tracks for now and the rules. This will be added to post 1 as well

Arridos
Terramax
Silverstream

Talons Reach--piranha
Valparaiso-----non pir
Gare deuropa--piranha

WIPEOUT 64 ( all single races, no turning around at beginning of race, must get turbo start and immediately cross line

Terafumos---Piranha
Qoron 4------Piranha
Machaon 2---non pir
Sokana------- non pir

WIPEOUT 3 all TT phantom

Manor Top
Terminal
Hi Fumii
P mar Project

WIPEOUT FUSION (Single Race,no turn around at beginning of race, weapons on, no respawns allowed, you must reset if this happens, DAMAGE SIMULATOR MUST BE SET TO ON! For the races.

Katmodo 3R ( any ship)

WIPEOUT PURE ( NO VITA VERSION, cfw maximum setting at 266, ALL region versions allowed, all phantom TT

Exostra Run
Sebenco Climb
Khara Descent
Modesto Heights

Metropia White
Platinum Rush White
Vertica White
Outpost White

WIPEOUT HD ( phantom TT, VITA allowed, only post times after the update allowed, do not post times pre update to the physics)

Amphesium Reverse
Chenghou Reverse
Metropia
Ubermall

Chenghou
Amphesium
Sol
Vineta

Capital Reach
Downtown
Rockway Stadium
Sol

Medusa
2nd November 2012, 08:04 PM
Oho, where is my printer...
get busy, ladies and gentlemen!! Racing, that is.

EDIT: Outpost and Amph Reverse (shortcut aaargh!) Dammit lol.
Otherwise, I love all these tracks. What's not to love in Wipeout anyway.

stin
3rd November 2012, 08:10 AM
:eekOh........wow!:eek When all to be played by?

keg_11
3rd November 2012, 11:23 AM
Gare deuropa--piranha

Gare D'Europa with the Piranha. That's going to be a bugger.:frown:

JABBERJAW
3rd November 2012, 03:23 PM
@ stin, read the very first post. Over this next month is just practice.

@ keg, you dont have to use piranha, you can use any ship, although they wont even be close to as fast.

- - - Updated - - -

@ stin, read the very first post. Over this next month is just practice.

@ keg, you dont have to use piranha, you can use any ship, although they wont even be close to as fast.

Why is the site double posting what i write. It did this last night as well

stin
3rd November 2012, 04:54 PM
Ah I see it, cheers al, at least it`s every month.

Wiseman
3rd November 2012, 09:38 PM
Ah, what the heck. Sign me up for old times sake.

keg_11
4th November 2012, 12:56 AM

Ah, cool.

Just a suggestion, could you simply specify on that post that those ship are highly recommended (like saying "recommended ships listed" next to "ALL time trail phantom") so that others may not get confused thinking (like I did) you had to use that craft. Thanks. :)

JABBERJAW
4th November 2012, 11:25 PM
I can do that when i get the time. Just be sure not to use piranha when it says non- piranha

JABBERJAW
22nd November 2012, 02:03 PM

SO FAR 38 COMPETITORS.

Games used:

POINTS SYSTEM:

Competitors:

JABBERJAW
CRUDBALL
LOCUS2k
MEDUSA
COLONEL_GADDAFI
ASAYYEAH
KAORI
STIN
TURBULENCE
ORYX CAKE
MANGAROO
Q_DMC12
MAD ICE
HELLFIRE
AZUROOTH
G'KYL
KEG_11
LEUNGBOK
Tp2tged
Tenlaven
Touge_ rider
Zero3growlithe
Froste
Agwolf
Djtechno
Germanistgeek
Tomahawk
Airrider
Novide
Mikahail
Staz-
Exaltedr3v3ng3
Jfthebestjan
Challenger 001
Deaf junkie 16
Duckylat
Amjw
Mikahail
Wiseman

Arridos
Terramax
Silverstream

Talons Reach--piranha
Valparaiso-----non pir
Gare deuropa--piranha

Terafumos---Piranha
Qoron 4------Piranha
Machaon 2---non pir
Sokana------- non pir

WIPEOUT 3 all TT phantom

Manor Top
Terminal
Hi Fumii
P mar Project

Katmodo 3R ( any ship)

Exostra Run
Sebenco Climb
Khara Descent
Modesto Heights

Metropia White
Platinum Rush White
Vertica White
Outpost White

Amphesium Reverse
Chenghou Reverse
Metropia
Ubermall

Chenghou
Amphesium
Sol
Vineta

Capital Reach
Downtown
Rockway Stadium
Sol

stin
22nd November 2012, 09:29 PM
I will set this up a bit better later, but here are the tracks for now and the rules. This will be added to post 1 as well

Arridos
Terramax
Silverstream

Talons Reach--piranha
Valparaiso-----non pir
Gare deuropa--piranha

Terafumos---Piranha
Qoron 4------Piranha
Machaon 2---non pir
Sokana------- non pir

WIPEOUT 3 all TT phantom

Manor Top
Terminal
Hi Fumii
P mar Project

Katmodo 3R ( any ship)

Exostra Run
Sebenco Climb
Khara Descent
Modesto Heights

Metropia White
Platinum Rush White
Vertica White
Outpost White

Amphesium Reverse
Chenghou Reverse
Metropia
Ubermall

Chenghou
Amphesium
Sol
Vineta

Capital Reach
Downtown
Rockway Stadium
Sol

Just a reminder ;)

JABBERJAW
22nd November 2012, 10:04 PM
Ok here is the fix

SO FAR 38 COMPETITORS.

Games used:

POINTS SYSTEM:

Competitors:

JABBERJAW
CRUDBALL
LOCUS2k
MEDUSA
COLONEL_GADDAFI
ASAYYEAH
KAORI
STIN
TURBULENCE
ORYX CAKE
MANGAROO
Q_DMC12
MAD ICE
HELLFIRE
AZUROOTH
G'KYL
KEG_11
LEUNGBOK
Tp2tged
Tenlaven
Touge_ rider
Zero3growlithe
Froste
Agwolf
Djtechno
Germanistgeek
Tomahawk
Airrider
Novide
Mikahail
Staz-
Exaltedr3v3ng3
Jfthebestjan
Challenger 001
Deaf junkie 16
Duckylat
Amjw
Mikahail
Wiseman

Arridos
Terramax
Silverstream

Talons Reach--piranha
Valparaiso-----non pir
Gare deuropa--piranha

Terafumos---Piranha
Qoron 4------Piranha
Machaon 2---non pir
Sokana------- non pir

WIPEOUT 3 all TT phantom

Manor Top
Terminal
Hi Fumii
P mar Project

Katmodo 3R ( any ship)

Exostra Run
Sebenco Climb
Khara Descent
Modesto Heights

Metropia White
Platinum Rush White
Vertica White
Outpost White

Amphesium Reverse
Chenghou Reverse
Metropia
Ubermall

Chenghou
Amphesium
Sol
Vineta

Capital Reach
Downtown
Rockway Stadium
Sol
Last edited by JABBERJAW; Today at 11:01 PM.

JABBERJAW
28th November 2012, 12:20 PM
The tournament stars soon! Get ready

Colonel
28th November 2012, 12:53 PM
Al, sorry if this has been stated already, but can I use my PS2 to play WO1, 2097 and WO3? I've looked through the thread but I've missed it if it's there.

JABBERJAW
28th November 2012, 04:04 PM
Yes, you can. There are a few other exceptions as well, I'll get back to it later, regarding psp and ps3 wipeouts.

leungbok
28th November 2012, 04:32 PM
triakis allowed for pure ?

JABBERJAW
28th November 2012, 06:51 PM
Yes triakis is allowed.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes triakis is allowed.

leungbok
29th November 2012, 03:14 PM
Ok thx ;)
And about pack's ships from pulse ?

JABBERJAW
29th November 2012, 04:17 PM
Yes, packs are allowed as well

JABBERJAW
30th November 2012, 06:47 PM
Ps3 wipeout 1 is allowed, I will get conversions done. Also, psp cfw wo1,Xl, and 3 are allowed as the run correctly. The ps3 wo1 times must be noted by a pal or NTSC note. At this point, I'm not sure if they run differently. I need lunar to test for me if anyone can get ahold of him

Colonel
30th November 2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks for allowing PSN WO1 Al, that's another game I can enter with.

Medusa
3rd December 2012, 07:25 PM
I'm really surprised at the difficulty I'm having in WO2d with the ships set to elite. I'm finding it pretty challenging to avoid the corner pileups! Really a fun game, I'm sorry I haven't given it more than 5 minutes before! Nice game, Zico :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really surprised at the difficulty I'm having in WO2d with the ships set to elite. I'm finding it pretty challenging to avoid the corner pileups! Really a fun game, I'm sorry I haven't given it more than 5 minutes before! Nice game, Zico :)
EDIT: Whatever the hell is wrong with this vBulletin version, it is right annoying!!

JABBERJAW
4th December 2012, 07:22 PM
Ok, I have had a bit of stress here, some of it regarding wipeout, and need to make a couple changes to the dates.

January 31, 2048, hd, and 2d will be due. Times may be achieved from now until that time. This should give the time necessary to do conversions, and have a family life as well. Sorry about this, but its either this or cancel it. I wanted to move it back even one more month, but I am hoping this will be fine.

@ medusa, you do not have to play elite, you can play any level. Also, hopefully you aren't using the awful dynamic view.

Medusa
5th December 2012, 12:42 AM
Heh, I don't know why, but I can't wrap my head around static view. (It's fairly ego-damaging to find out in such ways as this that one's brain is completely unadaptable, and at a relatively "young" age!) You can bet I'll be playing at novice from now on, ha.
January 31, phew...:)
Relax, everybody, have fun!

onlykpop
11th December 2012, 12:37 AM
I am assuming it would be pointless for me to participate? Considering I only own and have ever only played WOHD? lol >.<

JABBERJAW
11th December 2012, 02:58 AM
Play that version, no problem. You could download wo1 and play that as well, not to mention the wipeout 2d
home game as well

onlykpop
11th December 2012, 02:02 PM
Are these both free??

JFthebestJan
11th December 2012, 02:31 PM
wipEout 2D is free and playable via Playstation Home,
wipEout is not free, it`s something around 5bucks, i think. it can be purchased via Playstation Store.

i started playing wipEout64 lately, this game is AWESOME. great tracks, great ships (piranha anyone?)

Mikahail
11th December 2012, 02:35 PM
WO2D is free. You can play it in the WipEout Museum in the Playstation Home.
WO1 might cost around 5 $ on the PS Store.

JABBERJAW
31st December 2012, 01:16 PM
One month till first set of times are due

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an update to the due dates for times to make it easier or me

SO FAR 39 COMPETITORS.

Games used:

JANUARY 31 midnight. 2048 times are due
................................ HD times are due
................................ WO2D times are due
MARCH 15 midnight.....WO64 times are due
................................ WO1 times are due
.................................WOPURE times are due
APRIL 30 midnight...... WOXL times are due
.................................WOPULSE times are due
.................................WOFUSION times are due
.................................WO3 times are due

POINTS SYSTEM:

Competitors:

JABBERJAW
CRUDBALL
LOCUS2k
MEDUSA
COLONEL_GADDAFI
ASAYYEAH
KAORI
STIN
TURBULENCE
ORYX CAKE
MANGAROO
Q_DMC12
MAD ICE
HELLFIRE
AZUROOTH
G'KYL
KEG_11
LEUNGBOK
Tp2tged
Tenlaven
Touge_ rider
Zero3growlithe
Froste
Agwolf
Djtechno
Germanistgeek
Tomahawk
Airrider
Novide
Mikahail
Staz-
Exaltedr3v3ng3
Jfthebestjan
Challenger 001
Deaf junkie 16
Duckylat
Amjw
Mikahail
Wiseman
Fabo810

Arridos
Terramax
Silverstream

Talons Reach--piranha
Valparaiso-----non pir
Gare deuropa--piranha

Terafumos---Piranha
Qoron 4------Piranha
Machaon 2---non pir
Sokana------- non pir

WIPEOUT 3 all TT phantom

Manor Top
Terminal
Hi Fumii
P mar Project

Katmodo 3R ( any ship)

Exostra Run
Sebenco Climb
Khara Descent
Modesto Heights

Metropia White
Platinum Rush White
Vertica White
Outpost White

Amphesium Reverse
Chenghou Reverse
Metropia
Ubermall

Chenghou
Amphesium
Sol
Vineta

Capital Reach
Downtown
Rockway Stadium
Sol

leungbok
31st December 2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks for info, Al !
I planned to do the events in the order of game release ! :D
It'll be easier to focus on 3/4 games at a time ! ;)

Oryx Crake
31st December 2012, 02:46 PM
YLOD on my ps3 not gonna be able to get times done for wo1 or wohd :( I'm really gutted about this :(

- - - Updated - - -

YLOD on my ps3 not gonna be able to get times done for wo1 or wohd :( I'm really gutted about this :(

JABBERJAW
1st January 2013, 05:12 PM
Maybe you can borrow one to get the times? Hopefully you get a chance at this

JABBERJAW
12th January 2013, 02:23 PM
2 WEEKS till the first set of times are due!

Medusa
13th January 2013, 02:36 AM
I'm working on it, when I can, hope everybody else hasn't forgotten about it :robot

Colonel
14th January 2013, 01:03 PM
I haven't started yet, but I'll get all my HD and 2048 times done before the end of the month. I'll have a bash at WO2D as well.

JABBERJAW
17th January 2013, 04:32 PM
Who is planning on entering times for at least 1 of the following games?

1) WIPEOUT HD
2) WIPEOUT 2D
3) WIPEOUT 2048

I just want to know how many times to expect when I check that email on the 31st

leungbok
17th January 2013, 04:40 PM
i personnaly already start to work on 2048's A+ challenges, i'll do wipeout 2D and HD before the time limit (maybe with videos proof) ;)

novide
20th January 2013, 08:25 AM
i hope, i can do all times until 31st.

- - - Updated - - -

there is a little mistake at Wipeout 2D, the amphiseum = metropia

JABBERJAW
20th January 2013, 01:04 PM
Are the 4 tracks different? If so, just play them with what they are called. I'll check it out later

JABBERJAW
21st January 2013, 12:08 PM
If someone has not signed up feel free to enter times, but just give me a heads up you are participating. Times need to be entered by the 31st of your time zone by midnight. Make sure you READ THE RULES for each game/track own the first post.

novide
21st January 2013, 01:00 PM
The Tracks for Wipeout 2D (at the Museum) are:
- Vineta K
- Chengou Project
- Metropia
- Sol 2

JABBERJAW
21st January 2013, 04:13 PM
You are right! I should have noticed that. Did I label it wrongly in the first pos?

Medusa
22nd January 2013, 07:13 PM
One of the tracks was listed as Amphiseum, somewhere...EDIT: nevermind, you're saying, we should play what 2D calls Amphiseum, even though the track is actually Metropia, and list our times as for 2D Amphiseum, right?

JABBERJAW
23rd January 2013, 12:14 PM
Yes you should.

JABBERJAW
24th January 2013, 11:04 PM
If anyone has contact info other than woz, Could you please contact these people regarding the tournament ASAP. many signed up, but I haven't heard from all of these pilots making sure they are taking part. I want this to be a nice large tournament.

ASAYYEAH
KAORI
STIN
TURBULENCE
ORYX CAKE
MANGAROO
Q_DMC12
MAD ICE
AZUROOTH
G'KYL
KEG_11
Tp2tged
Tenlaven
Touge_ rider
Zero3growlithe
Froste
Agwolf
Germanistgeek
Tomahawk
Airrider
Novide
Mikahail
Staz-
Exaltedr3v3ng3
Jfthebestjan
Challenger 001
Deaf junkie 16
Duckylat
Amjw
Wiseman
Fabo810

keg_11
25th January 2013, 02:05 AM
As I've stated before, I'll only be competing in Wipeout 2097 (PAL) and Wipeout 3 (PAL; SE) as those were the games I had on me when I signed up. As those tomes are not due to end of April, I haven't done anything towards it yet.

AG-wolf
26th January 2013, 12:05 AM
I've done about 50 speed laps on Amphiseum Reverse as practice for time trial, and I already have no interest in doing ANY of WOHD; I've already nearly lost a controller because I got so pissed at randomly hitting invisible sh*t or flying off the track for no reason, and that godforsaken short-cut can get f*cked thricely. Al, I'm sorry, but it's like eating a sh*t sandwich and every bite is worse than the last. I take back what I said on the phone, or maybe it's just certain tracks. I dunno, I'm just beginning to really f*cking hate Wipeout (the stuff after Fusion, of course).

And I can't even give you any previous time-trial records since they're LONG before the most recent patch, if I ever did them on every course in the first place lol

stin
27th January 2013, 04:23 PM
Al, please take my name off the list, I`m sorry about that because, I`m now working seven days a week till mid March and also, I`m picking up my daughter at night as well, due she is now a supervisor in her job, which means, I struggle for time, nevermind golf! :(

Sorry.:(

stevie

JABBERJAW
27th January 2013, 11:51 PM
It seems like we have gone from 39 competitors down to 7-8. I wasted a lot of time it seems trying to get a lot of people to join. I have kids, I have a job, I coach, I have very little time to really play. This is why I gave so much time to get in the times. To put it bluntly, this sucks. I'll continue the competition so people who have been playing aren't wasting their time. The main reason I even did this was to get many of the pilots together who like any of the various games and create a great competition.

Oryx Crake
28th January 2013, 12:08 AM
I don't know if it helps any Al but I'll stick around even though I can't do any times for wohd or wo1 due to my YLOD I'm still gonna do times for 2097/XL WO3 and Fusion, I think it sucks badly that people are withdrawing participation but I wanna keep going cause I truly do appreciate your efforts man and I think I know a few other people who will agree with me.

Medusa
28th January 2013, 03:27 AM
"Deaf junkie 16"
autocorrect FTW, LOL!!

I wouldn't worry until Feb.1 Al, then maybe it's time to get out the pitchfork

Check your inbox I just dumped some times in it :)

Somehow I doubt anybody 30-ish has much time to play so don't feel alone there. I'm positive, from seeing a few on the WO 2D games on PSN, that you'll have more scores coming in.

Mikahail
28th January 2013, 03:14 PM
Just sent my times. Harsh schedule for me since mid-december.

JABBERJAW
28th January 2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the times. You can still send in updated times if you want to. I'd like to see more 2048 times for people who have it. If you are doing omnium, just get a few quick tries at these tracks if you can. The entire tournament does not end until late April, and you will get points for entering times. It doesn't take long to lay a few tracks, especially the people who had signed up for the championship. Once again anyone else is welcome to enter times

kaori
28th January 2013, 03:42 PM
I've send you my times for WipEout 2D, I'll try to improve my 2048 and HD races

zero3growlithe
28th January 2013, 04:33 PM
awww, almost end of the month... Gotta make those times already xd

leungbok
28th January 2013, 06:46 PM
2048 is done,
half of HD too, wipeout 2D tomorrow ! ;)
HD done (and filmed :)), only remains W2D.
rusty races on HD... here :beer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbt2lCARCCc

JABBERJAW
29th January 2013, 06:57 PM
Just making sure everyone playing HD is using 2.51 patch, so we all can go really slow :). Man it really affects the speed on some tracks more than others

JABBERJAW
30th January 2013, 10:15 PM
One more day! Get those times in. I still need a few different games from people who have entered some times on only one or two of the games.

Colonel
31st January 2013, 08:49 AM
Really sorry about this Al but I am going to have to withdraw. I know you've put a lot of hard work in, and I hate pulling out if things, especially at the last minute, but I really don't have a choice. Last night I was accused of putting Wipeout before planning my wedding, which wasn't a nice feeling. So I'll do the Omnium finals, but then I'll be taking a fairly lengthy break from Wipeout. Probably until May.

Sorry again Al. I hope the tournament goes well anyway, I'll be following it with interest.

kaori
31st January 2013, 02:44 PM
Just making sure everyone playing HD is using 2.51 patch, so we all can go really slow :). Man it really affects the speed on some tracks more than others

Yes I couldn't beat my old record on Ubermall. I've send you the HD times. 2048 is following in few hours.

JABBERJAW
31st January 2013, 03:20 PM
I wish I ad played more of HD in the past. It appears I don't have a clue on ubermall. I don't get the middle jump the correct way I think, AND I get no BR off the last uphill. Thanks for the times, looking forward to putting everyone's times up.

kaori
31st January 2013, 07:20 PM
Times from A+ challenges send. 2048 is really awesome at that speed !

AG-wolf
31st January 2013, 08:17 PM
WOHD:
Amphesium Reverse - forfeit
Chenghou Reverse - L1: 23.66 L2: 22.98 L3: 22.95 L4: 23.62 L5: 23.78 Total: 1.56.99 Icaras
Metropia - forfeit
Ubermall - forfeit

WO 2048:
Capital Reach - forfeit
Downtown - forfeit
Rockway Stadium - forfeit
Sol - forfeit

WO 2D:
TBA

JABBERJAW
1st February 2013, 12:05 AM
Thanks to everyone who has entered their times.

JABBERJAW
1st February 2013, 12:23 PM
Times and rankings hopefully getting done within 2-3 hours

JABBERJAW
1st February 2013, 09:04 PM
Ok, the results are up on another thread. Feel free to post on hat thread regarding your results. We are now on the the following games.

Wipeout 1
Wipeout pure
Wipeout 64

These times are due in 6 weeks, but be proactive since the time will go by fast. Lets see even more pilots in this section.

Don't forget to read the rules regarding each of the three games before playing

JABBERJAW
5th February 2013, 06:44 PM
I would like to get a list of who is participating in each game, just to know who to expect. I will keep this updated as we get people to check in, so maybe something like this.

JABBERJAW: Wipeout 1
Wipeout pure
Wipeout 64

Also, rules for next game:

Wipeout pure. NO VITA, MAX SETTING 266
Wipeout 1. Psn download ok, pal, NTSC, Cfw on psp is acceptable as well
Wipeout 64. NTSC, pal. NO EMULATION

leungbok
6th February 2013, 09:28 PM
i'll participate for pure.
i'll try also wipeout 1, but i still have to unlock almost everything.
i don't have w64.

Medusa
6th February 2013, 09:33 PM
I'm aiming to do Pure, 1, and 64. Aiming high :lol
In case I happen to set any more PBs with Puma 1, I want to be double sure that the DLC ships are ok to use (and does that apply for Pulse too? ie. Icaras?)

JABBERJAW
7th February 2013, 01:33 AM
All ships are acceptable

kaori
7th February 2013, 12:55 PM
If cheatcode works on WipEout PSN, in order to unlock all tracks and Rapier, I'll play WipEout 1. WipEout Pure of course I'll be present. I've not WipEout 64.

JABBERJAW
7th February 2013, 04:30 PM
Do you have wipeout pure on a psp?

novide
7th February 2013, 05:19 PM
i will play wipeout 1 and pure (psp)...

Mikahail
7th February 2013, 05:37 PM
I'll play WipEout (PSN).

kaori
7th February 2013, 07:09 PM
Do you have wipeout pure on a psp?

On three :redface:

JABBERJAW
8th February 2013, 12:43 AM
I don't understand, " on three"?

Medusa
8th February 2013, 02:39 AM
He has Pure on three psps

kaori
8th February 2013, 04:45 PM
Exactly :D

JABBERJAW
8th February 2013, 04:47 PM
So I expect 3 times:)

JABBERJAW
12th February 2013, 02:46 PM
List of competitors

JABBERJAW. 1,64, pure
Medusa 1, 64, pure
Crudball 1, 64, pure
Ag wolf 1, 64, ( not sure if he's willing to suffer through pure)
Froste 1, 64, pure
Asayyeah 1, 64, pure
Leungbok 1, pure
Novide 1, pure
Kaori 1, pure
Stin 1, pure
Mad ice 1, pure ( not sure of 64)
Mikahail 1

I am really hoping we get more people on this one

JABBERJAW
5th March 2013, 01:13 PM
10 days left to get these times!

JABBERJAW
11th March 2013, 02:09 AM
Friday the 15th is the last day for pure,1, and 64. If you want you can send to that email or to my inbox here.

pinakel
13th March 2013, 02:37 PM
I´ll play wipeout 1 on psn (ps3, pal, Spain). Thanks.

JABBERJAW
13th March 2013, 04:32 PM
Great! send your results to my pm or the email listed on the first post. I'll post results on Saturday.

Is anyone playing the pal version of wipeout 64?

JABBERJAW
15th March 2013, 12:19 PM
times are due today!!! get them in. Even if you just see this and want to enter, just send me your times either to the email listed or to my P

AG-wolf
15th March 2013, 05:36 PM
VENOM IS SO SLOW D:
OH MY GOD RAPIER IS SO MUCH FASTER IN IMMEDIATE COMPARISON D:

lol I'm gonna whittle away at my Rapier Karbonis time a little bit more and then try to power through the rest :) Wipeout 1 4lyfe, SON

kaori
15th March 2013, 11:09 PM
Times for Pure send on the deadline :D

JABBERJAW
15th March 2013, 11:29 PM
thanks everyone for your times, I'll have everything up and posted by around noon-1 tomorrow eastern time

AG-wolf
16th March 2013, 03:32 AM
Wipeout 1 times submitted, didn't get around to Pure/64 :c oh well... curious to see if my WO1 times are decent, though :)

stin
16th March 2013, 07:29 AM
Did put my times through last night and I`m curious as ever but I did actually break my records through Wipeout 1. :)

Results might come at noon?, ****!, I might not see them cos I`m away to watch Rocky Horror show in Edinburgh

JABBERJAW
16th March 2013, 02:57 PM
I am working on the results. I forgot to do a conversion for venom speed karbonis! I am working on that right now

transferring data to woz now

JABBERJAW
16th March 2013, 08:11 PM
ok, results and rankings are posted, some great times have been entered. the next games due by april 30 are the following. please follow the posted rules

WIPEOUT FUSION (Single Race,no turn around at beginning of race, weapons on, no respawns allowed( you must reset if this happens)
DAMAGE SIMULATOR MUST BE SET TO ON! For the races.

Florian 1 zone mode
Temptesh Bay 2R ( xios must be used) damage simulator ON
Alca Vexus 3R ( any ship) damage simulator ON
Katmodo 3R ( any ship) damage simulator ON

Metropia White
Platinum Rush White
Vertica White
Outpost White

WIPEOUT 3 all TT phantom

Manor Top
Terminal
Hi Fumii
P mar Project

Talons Reach--piranha
Valparaiso-----non pir
Gare deuropa--piranha

leungbok
16th March 2013, 09:31 PM
two of my races on pure ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfWge6jVNJI

Jonny
20th March 2013, 04:51 PM
Can I join the competition?
I can only race for Pulse on PS2

JABBERJAW
20th March 2013, 09:13 PM
I am not going to do a conversion for pulse for ps2. I don't have the time to do this for all 4 tracks. I will ask someone else to do it, and get back to you. Thanks for asking though, maybe you can pick up fusion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=Y-EmEsVHGys

here is a video of khara descent. some other videos are under wipeout2097XL

leungbok
21st March 2013, 06:40 AM
times on pulse ps2 seems pretty similar than on psp, i'll try to do a comparative test on youtube.

JABBERJAW
21st March 2013, 01:11 PM
I always thought it might be a bit faster, but the load times make you not want to try to test it out :)

Jonny
21st March 2013, 04:11 PM
The only wipE´out" Games I´m owning are Pulse for PS2 and the first title for PSX

JABBERJAW
21st March 2013, 04:16 PM
I would say you can use that. Leungbok said he would test them out, and make a comparison for me.

Medusa
28th March 2013, 04:52 PM
Bad news from me, I'm really, really, very sorry but I don't think it's likely I'll be able to get times from now on. If I do have time to game I will definitely send in times but it could take a miracle. :(
I hope the rest of the competition stays nice and tight. Good luck all.

JABBERJAW
10th April 2013, 05:48 PM
20 days left to get the times in. I was curious as to who was planning on getting times in, and what games you are playing (plus version pal,ntsc,)

Jabberjaw, All 4 games, ntsc
Crudball, All 4 games, ntsc

novide
11th April 2013, 04:48 AM
until now, i did some TT at Wo2097 & Wo3. After I have not played the games in 10 years, they are really hard. Far away from my old records.

i try all 4 games (PAL)

leungbok
11th April 2013, 05:14 PM
I'll play for sure wipeout pulse, not sure i'll have time for woxl & wo3, april/may are my most busy months... i'll see !

leungbok
16th April 2013, 05:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7VyM8ycGMU
comparative speed between ps2 and psp versions of pulse.
No advantage on ps2, psp is a little bit faster IMO, but not that much.

JABBERJAW
18th April 2013, 03:21 PM
for the newer games due on the 30th.

WIPEOUT FUSION DAMAGE SIMULATOR must be set to ON. This does matter as you lose speed and turning ability if you ride the walls too much or take too much damage. IT is a huge difference.

Also, no turning around at the beginning of races
Also, no respawn in the games. IF this happens, it must be a reset
Weapons must be set to ON

For Florian 1 zone mode, damage simulator can be on or off

Wipeout Pulse 266 max firmware speed

Wipeout xl no turning around at the beginning of races

JABBERJAW
22nd April 2013, 02:42 PM
I am going to change the due date of these 4 games to May 5 midnight. I didn't take into account there are 4 games instead of 3 I think. Also, I am unbelievable sick, and cannot play for perhaps another week. Hope noone minds.

stin
22nd April 2013, 05:26 PM
That`s fine but I will be struggling due golf commitment and other things and I will be finished by then. :)

JABBERJAW
29th April 2013, 01:09 PM
ok everyone, this is the last week of the tournament. Even if you have not participated, feel free to send in times for any of the 4 games, just be sure to read the rules for each game you play, since some games need certain options on, and certain ships to use

Oryx Crake
29th April 2013, 10:09 PM
I recorded some of my playing on wo 2097/XL I'm not very good but hope you enjoy anyways ^^;

Talons Reach (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG1sKGhMNUk)
Spilskinanke (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls-2RjMO_SE)
Valparaiso (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUg8tlu2_pE)

JABBERJAW
29th April 2013, 11:15 PM
great! we still need one track though, gare with the piranha

Oryx Crake
30th April 2013, 12:09 AM
yeah... er... I filmed that but er... it's a bit hrm... I think I rage a bit ^^;

stin
30th April 2013, 06:32 PM
Nice videos but I will need to try on my new phone just for Talons Reach.

JABBERJAW
1st May 2013, 04:25 PM
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=X1YsZT0OetY&feature=youtube_gdata_player&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DX1YsZT0OetY%26feature%3 Dyoutube_gdata_player

or

http://www.youtube.com/user/wipeout2097xl?feature=guide and choose videos

a new hi fumii record

added: new manor top wr

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O6zwLy7ODXE

JABBERJAW
4th May 2013, 12:11 PM
Get those times in! Times are due on Sunday at midnight.

novide
4th May 2013, 01:20 PM
Times on the way... :)

Here some vids from my rusty runs ^^

Wipeout 2097/XL TTs Playlist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3icNUQBCNns&list=PLlOk2k4iJVw3y7rVI4OKiUu7VpUnFdUMs)

Wip3out TTs Playlist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APXcMo1gPoE&list=PLlOk2k4iJVw36b4t16BF0AE19f8wLKV_l)

Wipeout Fusion Playlist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9FIOtkoAuY&list=PLlOk2k4iJVw0VSS0GZEbRQSdjMksEMEld)

Wipeout Pulse TTs Playlist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgLDM2naPTc&list=PLlOk2k4iJVw0muZW9EJe7Q62rWIRB8Ino)

JABBERJAW
5th May 2013, 01:28 PM
times due tonight at midnight! I'll have results asap. I might need to do a couple conversions as I am still playing a couple tracks today. I'll get them done today before I do conversions.

leungbok
5th May 2013, 08:09 PM
rusty races on pulse : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X8TJ16Cm8U
metropia : icaras 1.32.81
platinum rush : icaras 1.43.12
vertica : icaras 1.34.42
outpost 7 : assegai 1.59.54

stin
5th May 2013, 08:33 PM
Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Played golf all bloody day and I do need a rest for the night.

stressvie :)

kaori
5th May 2013, 10:35 PM
Times send. Checkpoints grrr I hate them... I couldn't finish a TT on WipEout 3.

JABBERJAW
6th May 2013, 01:32 AM
you can turn off checkpoints on wo3! IF you want, just finish them tomorrow and send them to me. I won't post times until tomorrow night anyway, because I need to do a few conversions, and I am still playing outpost 7, which I am crap at.

WMJ
6th May 2013, 11:12 AM
Send times for XL and Wipeout 3. Really a lot of fun to play these games again :D. I used to love playing Wipeout 3 but it was really a shock to me how rusty I was after not playing it for several years. Phantom with Icaras is quite a steep learning curve haha.

Here's a video of my Talon's Reach run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97NlwKX9AhM&fmt=22

stin
6th May 2013, 03:53 PM
Nice race WMJ!

Al!, what`s happening? What is this "Outpost 7"? trying to beat my score? mind you it`s feiser! ;)

JABBERJAW
6th May 2013, 04:38 PM
I had gotten sick and saved outpost 7 and florian until sunday, since i couldn't get anything good quickly. I tried hard, but didn't beat your score (not even close), but I did beat my best time by over 5 seconds.

That time was excellent! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I need to do conversion times for fusion (easy), valparaiso, and hi fumii, then I can post the results. When I get home tonight I will do this. I am also waiting for kaoris wo3 times and fabo who is rushing through today.

JABBERJAW
7th May 2013, 03:28 AM
the times are now posted in the wipeout championship times thread on the first post. A huge thanks to everyone who participated! I am going to post more later on the competition, but need to get some sleep for work tomorrow.

all corrections and additions have been made

JABBERJAW
7th May 2013, 06:31 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vqBDNrvzRjE gare deuropa

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cd1RaKJ2yHo temptesh bay