PDA

View Full Version : a new record for racetime and laptime in rapier LS101

Lance
8th May 2003, 08:45 PM
i am pleased to announce that George Mathews [wiseman] has beaten my number one time on Prototype 1 of 2:03.63. his new record is 2:01.77 racetime and 27.43 laptime with an Assegai. previously the top 3 racetimes were set with AG-S

i am even more pleased to announce that i have now retaken number one racetime with an Icaras at 1:59.97.
however, George still has the new lap record, which is still well ahead of my much improved but still inadequate 28.30.

sorry for trumpeting my fortunate victory, but we 60 year old videogame players have so little glory come our way that we gotta relish it when it does. it is still my only number one.

George: well done! and i'm sure you can beat my new time. thanks for making me try again!

damn, i love this game!

infoxicated
8th May 2003, 08:53 PM
Wow!

Good stuff Lance - well done to the pair of you for pushing that prototype table to the limit :)

Lance
8th May 2003, 09:05 PM
thanks, Rob.
i think the limit can be pushed substantially further on that track in that class. i took a couple of rocket hits and had a ship collision, which meant that i had no hyperthrust on the last 3 laps. and i lightly contacted one of the two side-by-side deflectored ships that i lapped at the end of lap 3

zargz
9th May 2003, 09:42 AM
yay! RAPIER !! :o :o :o :o
not bad at all lance !
I'm stil taking the step there .. :roll:

Wiseman
9th May 2003, 09:36 PM
Congrats Lance! :wink:

I also noticed that this record makes you the first(on any version) to get a sub 2 minute time on LS101, so a double congrats for that!

Heh, I actually raced a Icaras around LS101, just for the heck of it, and got something like a 2:04 race time. I was just goofing around though, have to see what I can do when I seriously race it.

Right now I'm going through, reracing a lot of the tracks over again, trying to get times on the tables that show a bit more where I'm at as far as skill goes now. Some of those times are soooo old, I beat most of my old records without even trying.

As soon as I'm done with this, I'll see what I can't do about improving my time a little more on that track. :P

xEik
9th May 2003, 10:13 PM
Me realises that I hold a crappy 2:12 on that track.
However I'm first in PAL. In fact, I hold 13 of the 16 race records of the PAL prototypes and all those took much less effort than getting 5th on Porto Kora Phantom.
So, one can conclude that competition is really poor in the PAL prototypes.

I know that this post may sound like I'm bragging but, to tell you the truth, what I really enjoy is that kind of competition where every week one person retrieves the record someone took from him the week before and viceversa. Too bad that I don't have my PSX with me. :cry:

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Lance
9th May 2003, 11:31 PM
G: thanks.
there is a lot of speed still left in that track. my driving was pretty smooth on that record, but i missed some boost pads.

zargz: i'm expecting that you will soon be expanding the number of circuits you compete on. [dammit][ ;) ]

xEik: yeah, there seems to be tighter competition in NTSC these days. wonder of wonders! a big change from the way it was when i first came to the wipeoutzone in um.... september [?] 2001. apart from the Al and Joel duel on Manortop, there wasn't any active competition. Al owned [and still owns] phantom class. and Jay pretty much owned everything else. my early duels with Jay in vector class [when i finally had enough skill to get in the top ten] were great fun, when we would often pass each other's best every day or two. we set a couple of what at the time were 'world' NTSC records. but jay always finished with the edge, and at P-mar, more than just the edge.

right now there are at least 5 still active pilots plus 2 or 3 others who may be around somewhere, who do occasionally try to improve their NTSC times. every once in a while, someone comes along and gets to or near the top, but then disappears after entering one set of times. odd.

xEik
10th May 2003, 09:22 AM
we would often pass each other's best every day or two.
Yes that's the kind of competition I really enjoy. The one that makes you push your records further than you could have ever imagined.

If you are in first place, your determination to get better records for that track and class weakens.

zargz
10th May 2003, 05:01 PM
pal .. ouch!
long time no race .. xeik, I dont wanna take u times and u cant answer! 8)

lance: not on ntsc .. :( .. my ps1(jap) that could play us/ja/pal games
the only1 I could play wo3 ntsc on is now officialy f¤kt - canly play jap games and of those I got 1 !!! .. :o .. :cry:

xEik
10th May 2003, 05:17 PM
I dont wanna take u times and u cant answer!
I'm sure you can. We've had much stronger competition in other tracks.

Wiseman
10th May 2003, 09:39 PM
Whelp, I'm back, and I've managed to improve my Venom, Rapier and Phantom times on LS101. Venom times aren't quite good enough yet though, have to work on them some more. 8)

Maybe I'll make (another) Arena challenge on this track when Amish's Elimination challenge is over. Plan on at least trying that one anyway (although I know I pretty much suck at elimination, but who knows, maybe I'll get lucky. :lol)

Lance
11th May 2003, 12:56 PM
great stuff, G! and there's more speed in there, still. at least for somebody other than me. i'll have to give it a shot anyway, though. i was thinking that 1:49.xx in Rapier class ought to be there. maybe even less. this is one of those racing circuits that has been less exploited than Porto Kora, for instance