PDA

View Full Version : Ozone - 28th April 2012

Colonel
17th April 2012, 01:03 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x188/logicevents/Ozone_Logo30pc.jpg

Ozone V - Saturday 28th April 2012

Ozone Social Group (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=81) - Because you're worth it :P

Ozone Leaderboards (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArRl3YNE85fkdFhVazlVTU5CSklNajB4S1lHWEJVd FE)

After a fairly lengthy break I'm pleased to announce that novide and I will be hosting another Ozone, on Saturday 28th April. We'll be kicking off at around 11.00am (GMT) and will hopefully carry on until around 10.00pm.

We'd hoped that by now we could open the event up to include 2048 as well, but it looks like that will have to wait a while. That aside, for those of you who still enjoy your HD, the rooms we'll be hosting are:

Phantom Single Race – traditional Grand Prix (All tracks, forward and reverse... one race with weapons, one without)

Rapier Single race – traditional Grand Prix

Flash Single Race – Weapons on

Zone Battle – 50 – 55 target, selected tracks

Rapier Eliminator – variable targets, selected tracks

* Bling Brigade Room - 3.00pm(GMT)

** Endurance Trophy match (12 race rapier tournament) - available on request, for anyone who needs it.

Now I know 2.50 has some issues (Zone Battle may end up being scrapped before somebody breaks a controller) but I maintain that there's still a lot of enjoyment to be had online, so let's leave the moaning at the door and tear it up for a few hours.

Novide has said he may not be available to host as much as previously, so any volunteers will be welcome.

With regards to team events, I think we'll play it by ear this time. If there are plenty of us around and somebody issues a challenge, then let's go for it. But if worst comes to worst and we just have a fun day at the races, then I can live with that :)

Sadly my PC died the other week so I can't encode any videos at the moment. I'll record some races anyway and stick the raw footage on the laptop, hopefully I can edit them in a few weeks.

Anyway that's about it, hope to see lots of you on Saturday 28th...

Colonel__Gaddafi and novide :rock

LJtheZombie
18th April 2012, 10:22 PM
Count me in.

Raziel-X007
19th April 2012, 08:49 AM
It will be a good warm up for the Spring Session.... I'm in...

trackripper
19th April 2012, 10:23 AM
I would, but for some reason I can't get online. It just says error occured with the server...
Also I don't remember patching the game at all. No prompts, nothing. Strange?

Olivario
19th April 2012, 01:13 PM
I'll try to be there, I'm missing this so much.

Liod19
19th April 2012, 09:59 PM
I'm in, too. Also joined the group.
Looking forward to it, first event for me :)

Archon
20th April 2012, 05:35 AM
I'm interested in hosting some green races (shield, boost, and auto-pilot allowed, everything else absorbed for energy). I'd say Rapier class but anyone who wants to participate can vote on what class they'd like.

Colonel
20th April 2012, 09:54 AM
Sounds good to me Archon, green races are always a pleasure. Do me a favour though - if you're hosting green races, add 1 lap to the total e.g. Rapier = 5 laps, Phantom = 6 laps. That way the leaderboards will not be affected. Cheers :+

DreamyElf
20th April 2012, 11:32 AM
I haven't played WO for a long time so I'll try to be there for some races with old friends. :)

Oryx Crake
20th April 2012, 03:33 PM
I'm always on for Ozone this we know yeh? :)

vlhad13
20th April 2012, 05:13 PM
happy to Participate in the ozone :)

would be a pleasure racing with you guys :)

brAvEhEaRtDC
27th April 2012, 11:55 AM
hey i would like to play some races and go for the Bling Brigade :D

Colonel
27th April 2012, 12:52 PM
Forgot to mention the Ozone Room in the first post. If anybody has not attended an Ozone before, you can add me on PSN via my Erik_Ponti account. When I've received your friend request, I'll send you an invite to the Ozone Room (text chat room). That way you'll have it in your list and you can join whenever you like.

I've booked to have my PC fixed next week, so I will record loads of video tomorrow and edit / encode it next weekend.

See you all tomorrow :)

R3BU5ER
28th April 2012, 12:42 PM
Thanx for the races this morning, been Ã* long time, lot's of other shizz in my life needs my attention. Still love you guys though! Gg :)

Dark_Phantom_89
28th April 2012, 03:49 PM
I'm so sorry that I couldn't be there today. I know that I said I would be, but in typical sod's law fashion, something came up and it took me all day to sort it out. Not in a very good mood right now, but that's life I guess.

Really sorry Colonel, I know how much effort you and Novide put into these Ozone events.

ericd7
28th April 2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks to keep avalon alive guys :)
I wasn't able to play more than 1 race with you though, got disconnected every other times.
Hope to see you soon with a better network.

Colonel
28th April 2012, 04:17 PM
Sorry for your connection problems Eric, next time hopefully you'll have better luck. DP you've been sorely missed, but don't apologise, these things happen. I'm on a break at the moment, will get back online in an hour or so for the duration :)

brAvEhEaRtDC
28th April 2012, 06:14 PM
Happy to participe in the Ozone, those races were amazing!
And these people got my WipeOut HD platinum!

DrMannevond
28th April 2012, 09:55 PM
Wasn't even aware of this before I stumbled into the room you hosted today.
Had some great and intense races. Made me a bit more optimistic about the game again, so thank you! :)

Colonel
29th April 2012, 12:25 AM
Was good racing you Dr, you're tough to keep up with I have to say.

Great day today, thanks to everybody who came out to race (sorry, I forgot to write down all your names). Once again it was a nice mix of players, from relative newcomers such as Liod and braveheart, through to semi-retired pros like DreamyElf.

It wasn't quite as busy as some of the previous events but it was still pretty well attended. Plenty of Rapier and Phantom races, a mini Flash session with Renn, one ZB with Denton (damned glitch), some Elims with Denton and Neoto, and last but not least... three 40 lap races with Jan and the other nutters. Good effort to Jan for coming up with this idea, something genuinely different and a real test of concentration. As you said pal, "always exploring".

Thanks again everybody, we'll sort something out for May :)

Oryx Crake
29th April 2012, 05:59 AM
thanks for the races lads I had a horrible day on phantom but rapier was alright :) always a pleasure hanging out with everyone how ever it goes though.