PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout 2048 - Bug and issue discussion

kaori
12th April 2012, 04:11 PM
Who are ready for a 53 laps race on Moa Therma, D class ?

http://twitter.com/#!/kaori_714/status/190471496794243072

Hellfire_WZ
12th April 2012, 04:15 PM
Oh bollocks, already? :? Anyone else noticing this in CrossPlay?

kaori
12th April 2012, 04:16 PM
Awesome ! The race started and...

https://twitter.com/#!/kaori_714/status/190473468184248320 (https://twitter.com/#%21/kaori_714/status/190473468184248320)

I restarted the game and I'm again in the 53 laps race ! But I can edit the race now, it's work, my PS Vita and my PS3 are in the same race !

Hellfire_WZ
12th April 2012, 04:18 PM
Can you get online in the 2048 campaign? I'm not sure if the 2.50 patch for HD is available just yet, might be worth waiting until it is.

I'm going to move this into the technical assistance thread at some point, but I'll leave it be for now to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

tug_14
12th April 2012, 04:26 PM
first play with kao ... with my alt account
freeze

kaori
12th April 2012, 04:33 PM
On HD, I'm level 1, I picked a... "Repulsor Quake" ! and freeze when I hit the fire button !

http://twitter.com/#!/kaori_714/status/190477552089972738 (http://twitter.com/#%21/kaori_714/status/190477552089972738)

An other bug

http://twitter.com/#!/kaori_714/status/190478219273707520

SoA_Booney
12th April 2012, 04:53 PM
damn you rank reset :L plus no updated leaderboards from first look ... apparent fix of spectator mode, not sure what thats about but its no clearer than before but at least the EU can race with the NA again ... some benefits i guess :L

Hellfire_WZ
12th April 2012, 04:56 PM
Kaori - I've just updated and haven't had a single issue with the game, in fact it's much more stable than before... Really not sure what's happened with your one :? Have you tried reinstalling the whole game?

Mu5
13th April 2012, 06:43 AM
For the last 8 hours I have been getting 'Cannot connect to Server' issues after installing the patch :(

Fail :-

rego
13th April 2012, 09:49 PM
im also having the weird menu corruption from time to time. it doesn't interfere with my ability to use it it just loads up corrupted occasionally.
the patch also reset my online progression AGAIN. this makes the 4th time it has happened to me. im just giving up on online until they actually put options into it instead of throwing you in to horrible combat matches.

Hellfire_WZ
13th April 2012, 10:36 PM
I think this thread is a good candidate for a bug reporting thread like in the HD forum.

Please use this thread to report bugs you have noticed during gameplay, providing all necessary details and using the provided template. Also indicate if the error is persistant (is repeatable and happens every time), intermittent (happens regularly but not all the time), or one-off (only happened once and has not repeated). Please do not use this thread for discussion. If you wish to discuss a particular issue, please use the technical assistance forum which also contains methods to contact SL directly. I will pass this link on to Stuart Lovegrove in due course.

Game region version [EU/US/JP]:
Game update number [downloaded fixes]:
Vita Firmware version:
Options settings:
Control scheme:
Track and game mode [if any] where error occurs:
Online/Offline/CrossPlay:
Persistant/Intermittent/One-off:

chalovak
14th April 2012, 07:17 AM
Game region version [EU/US/JP]: EU
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 1.02
Vita Firmware version:1.66
Options settings:
Control scheme:
Track and game mode [if any] where error occurs: every time I go back to campaign grid after an event
Online/Offline/CrossPlay: online/offline
Persistant/Intermittent/One-off: persistant

Not a major glitch, but still

Every time I finish any event and go back to campaign grid two things happen:
- a strange visual glitch (0,5 seconds long) with the background turning into black and some colourful artifacts
- the grid appears at maximum zoom, like when only few nodes are visible. So every time you have to zoom out to see the rest of the nodes. This didn't happen before the last update, when zoom was preserved at the level I was ok with.

stin
14th April 2012, 12:59 PM
Vita Firmware version: 1.67
Options settings:
Control scheme:
Track and game mode [if any] where error occurs:
Online/Offline/CrossPlay: Online

Since patch, I can`t get online ever since, even worse, I`m having problems with Network too. Have to reboot it. Now Network is working but can`t get 2048 online to work! :(

Frustrated player!

EDIT My son fixed it for me, but it took him nearly two hours to sort it. He had used usb via laptop to sort it then reboot it and replace it. Everything are working atm.

All that, just get to work online. Unbelieveable!!

stevie:(

Autechom
24th May 2012, 08:43 AM
Can this be? 2 days ago I played the online campaign. No problem there. Yesterday everything was reset. Everything I achieved so far was gone. Even this screen you see when you first start online campaign appears now, tellin me what online mode is about O_o That sucks. Anyone else with this problem?

stin
24th May 2012, 07:00 PM
Oh yes, mine was reset eight times so, I will wait till new patch comes along and hopefully, there will be no glitches, but again what do we know? :/

stevie:(

Flashmops
25th May 2012, 03:29 PM
I've had this happen twice, my online campaign progess was reset but I thought it was because of a server maintenance or something. So because of that I didn't start the campaign over and logged back in a few hours later and ta-da, my progress was back. Maybe it really was server maintenance, but if it happens to you, just don't start over from the beginning but wait for a bit.

covelmo9242
28th May 2012, 03:36 PM
Game region version [EU/US/JP]: US
Vita Firmware version: 1.66
Options settings:
Control scheme:
Track and game mode [if any] where error occurs: When racing on cross-play with no weapons, every time someone ran over a speed pad the game would freeze up and everyone would be kicked from the game.
Online/Offline/CrossPlay: Cross-play

IDK if I did this right, but there is my problem ;).

mangaroo
28th May 2012, 06:46 PM
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 1.02/latest
Vita Firmware version: UK latest (1.66?)
Track and game mode where error occurs: Speedlap session replays
Online/Offline/CrossPlay: Offline but [I]started the game online - so after standby.
Persistant/Intermittent/One-off: Intermittent

My personal best replay/ghost becomes lost, but the record time still shows up in the bottom left of the screen (indicating that I've chosen to display my replay). Pretty sure only way to see it is to beat the time - when you do beat the record, the ghost ship shoots out straightaway on the next lap.

-I also reported something else on Facebook that COULD be considered a small issue that you only notice on the first skill cut in SOL - when you do a BR and land on that speed pad near the edge of the jump, but you don't complete the roll animation - your rotation freezes mid-roll and you stay like that until you land on the track - which can be a while, especially on that jump and it's the only place I've noticed it. I'm not sure it reallllly matters, and I can easily justify it as punishment for not pulling off the BR.

I had (when I was doing the campaign) the same bugs that chalovak reported.

Every time I finish any event and go back to campaign grid two things happen:
- a strange visual glitch (0,5 seconds long) with the background turning into black and some colourful artifacts
- the grid appears at maximum zoom, like when only few nodes are visible. So every time you have to zoom out to see the rest of the nodes. This didn't happen before the last update, when zoom was preserved at the level I was ok with.

OveReAction
28th May 2012, 09:36 PM
I also reported something else on Facebook that COULD be considered a small issue that you only notice on the first skill cut in SOL - when you do a BR and land on that speed pad near the edge of the jump, but you don't complete the roll animation - your rotation freezes mid-roll and you stay like that until you land on the track - which can be a while, especially on that jump and it's the only place I've noticed it. I'm not sure it reallllly matters, and I can easily justify it as punishment for not pulling off the BR.

That's not a big issue there. It also happens in HD. But it's at least it only does that not every time.

mangaroo
31st May 2012, 05:52 PM
Ah yes, I agree not a major issue. Another small issue:

I recorded another bug happening...it has happened before and I get the feeling it CAN happen on speed mode as well. Anyway recorded and uploaded an unlisted video of the bug [just sent in a Facebook message]:

http://youtu.be/6iwBAT2xeoM

Sol - Zone mode
Auricom Prototype
Goes through track.

--Sorry recorded with iPhone, should take a few seconds for youtube to process rotating it.

The bugs that I'd particularly like to see fixed are the online resetting and losing personal best replays but can't hurt to mention the others I guess.

mangaroo
21st June 2012, 01:06 PM
I'm sure a few others ran into this as well. So far only once for me. I was playing some HD campaign. Was about to get gold (approaching the finish line) with about 0.3-0.1 seconds left and an error message came up which made me restart. Something Like C-0-25 or 28. Will try and note it down next time. I had read random reports about this yesterday as well.

MarcoM
21st June 2012, 01:16 PM
Single player
Final race of 2049
All the latest patches.

Because of my renewed interrest due to the Dlc I tried to do the Final race of 2049. I was in 6th position while all of a sudden I was the winner. But the results screen showed I failed in becoming 4th or higher :???

It appears now that my time is the worlds best. My psn is MarcoM1972. But trust me I am not really that fast. My time is 133.36. Beat that ;)

Also, when the second lap starts of this 5 lapper a voice says Silver medal awarded.

Strange bugs.

mangaroo
21st June 2012, 04:51 PM
I'm sure a few others ran into this as well. So far only once for me. I was playing some HD campaign. Was about to get gold (approaching the finish line) with about 0.3-0.1 seconds left and an error message came up which made me restart. Something Like C-0-25 or 28. Will try and note it down next time. I had read random reports about this yesterday as well.

So it happened again, this time 3 seconds off a bronze time, as I'm approaching the line and the error code was C2-12828-1

MarcoM's issue sounds a bit strange hah.

MarcoM
21st June 2012, 05:27 PM
Well I finally managed to finish in 4th, and that is the goal.

Stupidly enough I top the leaderboards globally with an absulute Ninja time. I was not cheating or anything. Just a hickup of the game. 8)

edit: a picture. Again this was not edited. Just a hickup of the game.

http://home.planet.nl/~maas0561/screenshots/wo2048bug49final.JPG

I have let Wipeout know via Facebook. They are investigating.

mangaroo
23rd June 2012, 06:28 AM
[EDIT:read next post]

Ok something very weird is going on!! Possibly a good thing for those worried about framerate:

Okay so every other map I load there seems to be about 5 fps lower than acceptable/usual framerate (17ish LOCKED - consistently 17) . THE SAME TRACK one time loads well, next time loads laggy. I first noticed it on Metropia and then moa therma so far as well. When it loads with lag - it is serious, its almost input lag - just SIMPLY pressing Start then resuming 1 second later, INSTANTLY fixes the lag lol. That has to be a bug surely. I literally just spotted it about half an hour ago and did some more testing but can't figure out the exact pattern/cause.

This is even on venom and speed lap mode. Same fps, same issue, pressing start resolves it :S Streaming the track? I don't think so because it doesn't matter how long you pause for..

No one else came across this? Just me with my bugged copy eh? Getting me worried.

mangaroo
24th June 2012, 07:11 AM
My apologies, I wasn't specific enough before, I've realised it comes about like this:

[I've noticed it is most obvious when using the Piranha ship with the third Fury skin]

Load up any event like sebenco climb. Quit.

Then load this particular event: Vertigo (the fourth HD campaign (top row)) - Metropia - Venom (D) class speed lap (7laps).

You will see the fps drop a lot more than usual and lots more stuttering and a bit of tearing. It is especially noticeable on the first 3 corners or so and remains each lap Until! Simply pressing Start to pause the game and then resuming again (straight away) improves the framerate and removes the stuttering/tearing.

I can reproduce this each time on my end, will submit it. Curious if it happens to you guys as well?

MarcoM
24th June 2012, 01:06 PM
My apologies, I wasn't specific enough before, I've realised it comes about like this:

[I've noticed it is most obvious when using the Piranha ship with the third Fury skin]

Then load this particular event: Vertigo (the fourth HD campaign (top row)) - Metropia - Venom (D) class speed lap (7laps).

You will see the fps drop a lot more than usual and lots more stuttering and a bit of tearing. It is especially noticeable on the first 3 corners or so and remains each lap Until! Simply pressing Start to pause the game and then resuming again (straight away) improves the framerate and removes the stuttering/tearing.

I can reproduce this each time on my end, will submit it. Curious if it happens to you guys as well?

Just tried it. No it does not happen on my vita.

Gosh the game looks good doen't it.

mangaroo
24th June 2012, 01:31 PM
That's surprising really, are you sure? I can reproduce quite easily...... shame my webcam only does 15fps. S'ok though easy fix on my end not much of an issue if it is just me... Game does look fantastic yes :0)

Even with the assegai ship, if i just load straight into that particular game from a freshly opened 2048 i can still see the framerate dip, no real tearing and isn't as bad as when I load a different map/event first but still noticeable here and still improved (increased by about 5 fps) after pressing start. Will try and see if it happens on any other events, otherwise no biggie.

MarcoM
24th June 2012, 01:56 PM
Well normally I do see framerate issues quite good. But I cannot see this issue.

FPS:
2048 > than HD/fury dlc. Buts still I think the framerate is pretty good in the dlc and it looks and plays very well.

mangaroo
24th June 2012, 01:59 PM
Yes I agree framerate on the whole is very playable in the dlc. It is just with this specific event it is really too clear to miss if you can see framerate issues well so either maybe clicked on different event? Or using a very low detail ship? Otherwise can only think my download was corrupted without being detected...but seems unlikely you know.

I tried recording but it doesn't really show very well using my iPhone. Very easy to tell looking at the environment especially during the corners. I mean if you go to metropia phantom race it is much more smooth then when I get this bug on venom speed lap hah.

With the event the framerate issues stop if: you press start, you restart the event, or you exit and load the same event again. Can reenable bug by loading a different event and coming back.

OH also! the camera is important, can't really tell when using first person. Need the ship in view and helps with the zoomed out view to exaggerate fps/focus on environment even more - can't really tell if just staring at the ship. Thanks btw for checking my report!

MarcoM
24th June 2012, 02:44 PM
I did exactly as you described. Same event, same ship. I use the far external view. Smooth enough for me and not a real difference from other tracks / events.

mangaroo
24th June 2012, 02:52 PM
Ok thanks for checking again - that is very puzzling :S

It is "smooth enough" perhaps, but significantly worse here with the "bug". Also easily fixed with the pause screen. I have no doubt that I am seeing and reporting it correctly on my end - will wait for hopefully another report or two before redownloading.

Just further info (for anyone else who would please check) - it's most noticeable on corners as opposed to straights. On the second corner of the track, just after the EG-X sign on the left, there is a large teal building on the left before the uphill section and you can see it flickers when it is in "bugged mode" and doesn't at all otherwise. The whole thing just stutters for me can't imagine what is causing it but spent perhaps too much time already discussing it for its actual impact hah.

XoPachi
24th June 2012, 04:47 PM
On the fourth race in a row I do of the HD DLC, I get an error message as I cross the finish line of the fourth race. This makes finishing the tournaments impossible.

MarcoM
24th June 2012, 05:08 PM
That is an ugly one.

Please log it also on the official Wipeout FB page.

Flashmops
24th June 2012, 05:21 PM
@mangaroo: I can confirm that pausing the game fixes the framerate. It is now at a stable 30fps in every race, hooray!

@XoPachi: I have the exact same issue, it's the C2-12828-1 error, right? I found out that this error was said to be fixed for 2048 with the 1.02 patch, but apparently it resurfaced with the DLC. It is a problem with the network connection, and putting your PS Vita into flight mode fixes it for me.

mangaroo
24th June 2012, 10:27 PM
Aha thank you for confirming it flashmops, I was getting worried! Can I ask, was that for that specific event on Vertigo or did you notice that pausing improves fps across all maps in general as you say every race? I thought I noticed a slight improvement all over the place (a lot of events) after pressing start...but didn't want to say anything in case I looked like more of a nut with the other report hah! (which is a specific event I found that is rather obvious with the problem-rather happy when i found it as well though hah, made it much more likely to be fixed and now framerate is basically a non-issue for me, offline anyway)

I've had that same c2 error, also been reported to Facebook but good to have more reports I think - people were saying like you say that it was an internet/router issue and you needed to open ports...but that one happened right after the autosaving screen showed up iirc? This one seems to happen like he said, just at the end of the race - and quite rare for me anyway, 4 in a row is bad.. Did the old c2-12828 error also happen just at the finish line?

Flashmops
25th June 2012, 12:19 AM
Aha thank you for confirming it flashmops, I was getting worried! Can I ask, was that for that specific event on Vertigo or did you notice that pausing improves fps across all maps in general as you say every race? I thought I noticed a slight improvement all over the place (a lot of events) after pressing start...but didn't want to say anything in case I looked like more of a nut with the other report hah! (which is a specific event I found that is rather obvious with the problem-rather happy when i found it as well though hah, made it much more likely to be fixed and now framerate is basically a non-issue for me, offline anyway)
For me it works in any race, not only specific ones. And until I quit the game, the framerate remains steady. Actually I had a similar weird theory, but yours is actually true - I thought that after playing a Zone event the framerate improved, but I didn't realize it was pressing the Start button that did it, haha!

I've had that same c2 error, also been reported to Facebook but good to have more reports I think - people were saying like you say that it was an internet/router issue and you needed to open ports...but that one happened right after the autosaving screen showed up iirc? This one seems to happen like he said, just at the end of the race - and quite rare for me anyway, 4 in a row is bad.. Did the old c2-12828 error also happen just at the finish line?I don't know how the error behaved before the 1.02 patch because I didn't have the game then, but with the DLC the error always shows up just as you pass the finish line (and unfortunately, just before the game saves your progress). And it also showed up as frequently in my game as XoPachi said, about every 4th race. As I said, turning off Wi-Fi completely serves as a workaround, however it is of course no fix if it happens in an online race.

OperationNT
29th June 2012, 09:57 PM
Hello everybody,

I played for the first time with a friend through cross play : he plays with a PS3 and I play on my PS Vita. It seems that I must host the game for my friend can see it (because I couldn't see his game when he tries to host it on his PS3) and I couldn't find any option to create a cross play private game.

So we try to play to all different game mods and I get a really strange issue with my favorite one : combat zone.

When we play only with 2 players (my friend and me), everything was fine. But, when there was more than 2 players in the game, I was taking all the damages from other players (including my friend's damage). So, everytime a player hits a barrrier, even if there was absolutly nothing on my screen, I lost 40% life and my ship was deviated. With 5 players in the game, I even saw my ship blown up 2 times in less than 5 seconds (and I finish the race with probably more than 10 deaths and with 0.1 / 40 zone completed :redface:).

I didn't see anyone talk about this problem before. Is it "normal" ? Did someone experiment a similar issue in combat zone ?

Thanks for your answers ;).

kaori
29th June 2012, 11:56 PM
I got the same problems this week, it's not normal of course.

Colonel
30th June 2012, 03:28 PM
Thanks for your write up of the Zone Battle glitch OperationNT. As it happens I was recording a few Zone Battles yesterday to get the glitch on video, I didn't realise that the "invisible barriers" were actually other players hitting barriers. This explains how I was able to sustain damage on the first lap while being at the front of the pack.

Anyway here's the video I made, please read the video description before commenting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=173j_iZ1q2E

And if somebody's up for doing a private room while we both record, that would be helpful. I can then make a split screen video from the raw footage.

OperationNT
30th June 2012, 03:54 PM
In fact, I notice that it happens when other players hit a barrier because I was on Skype with my friend playing in my game hosting.
I said to him "I don't understand, I lose life even when there is nothing on my screen"; after a few seconds, I screamed "F..k, again !" and he tell me he just hit a real barrier.
Then we made some tests, he told me "Ok, I willingly hit the next barrier in 3 seconds" and everytime, I got a duplication of his damage (he lost 40% life and I lost 40% too).

So, as you show on the video, this issues happens for the person who hosts the game and it is not platform dependent (for me, it was on PS Vita and for you on PS3). On your video, the game hosting is cross play or PS3 only ? Is it happen only on one game you hosted ? (because, for me, it was on all my hosted games in Combat Zone when there was more than my friend and me in the game)

Colonel
30th June 2012, 04:04 PM
It's not just a hosting thing, I've had the glitch happen when I've been a guest, so to speak. I also tried a cross play game on the Vita earlier and had the glitch happen, so as you say, not platform dependent.

Ami Nakajima
2nd July 2012, 10:31 AM
It's not just a hosting thing, I've had the glitch happen when I've been a guest, so to speak. I also tried a cross play game on the Vita earlier and had the glitch happen, so as you say, not platform dependent.

How many people have experienced this? If it can be made into a report by those who have, we can definitely look into it for you. Just need to know how many people are affected.

Colonel
2nd July 2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks Ami, much appreciated. Although I couldn't tell you how many people have experienced the zone battle glitch, it's extremely widespread, and frequent among those who have experienced it. I'll send some PSN messages to try to gauge the extent of it, plus any other useful information, then get back to you.

Ami Nakajima
2nd July 2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks! :+

kaori
2nd July 2012, 03:13 PM
Game region version [EU/US/JP]: EU gamecard
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 1.04 with DLCs
Options settings: -
Control scheme: -
Track and game mode [if any] where error occurs: Cross Play, Combat Zone
Online/Offline/CrossPlay: Onine
Persistant/Intermittent/One-off: Affect one player

Last week, I played cross play with a friend (kaori714 vs G-Superpilot), both on PS Vita using party App, and we've played one combat zone, my friend lost several times 40 points of energy and his ship was slowed like he had hurt by a barrier, but he hadn't seen them. It seems he lost 40 points each time I hurt a barrier.
An other friend P_Denton experiences that for several months on his PS3.

Rod Hull
4th July 2012, 01:16 PM

OK - not posted on this site in years but I had to reply to this since I'm seeing the exact same issue. Not seen it widely reported elsewhere sadly - I've mentioned the poor framerate on the Facebook page in a comment to one of the announcements when the DLC was released, and also direct-messaged it to them but have had zero reply or even acknowledgement from anyone at SL. Not wanting to sound cynical, but they are quick to reply to comments when people praise something, but they seem to ignore a lot (not all) of the issues people raise via the FB pages at least...

Completely flummoxed that there are not more reports of the poor framerate and tearing. It was really affecting my enjoyment of the game - some of the Rapier class events (Sebenco Climb especially) were extremely difficult due to the stuttering and tearing. It maybe only affects a handful of people since most forum posts about the DLC are from people raving about how good it looks on the Vita. I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me and I was being too critical. Sure the HD/Fury tracks are less detailed and have lower poly counts than their native 2048 counterparts, but the massive stuttering and tearing were another thing entirely...

I can absolutely confirm however in my case at least too that pressing "Start" at some point cures it until the next cold restart of the game. It really is most odd! It's certainly made me want to pick it up again to play through, and as long the "press Start to fix" procedure is followed, the HD events run just as smooth as the native 2048 ones for me now.

Have you had any response from SL about it? Can no-one else really see the framerate issues? Like I said above, for me it's most clearly seen on a Rapier race event on a track like Sebenco Climb (but "simpler" tracks like Vineta K even at Venom class in a time-trial etc. with no other ships on the course show it too). It's REALLY noticeable - feels like a different game entirely, the framerate drop must be in the region of 5-10fps, and the tearing is substantial enough to be very off-putting.

I wonder if it's to do with the size of memory card we use seeing as that's a clear dividing factor amongst Vita owners? I have an 8Gb if it's any help...

mangaroo
6th July 2012, 01:00 AM
I have 16gb, don't think that is it really. I think because the difference is quite small (less so for others) not many people recognise it?

I am quite glad you responded as well as I was beginning to think it was just me and one other user that confirmed it. I left the tip on Facebook but no comments so not sure what to make of it. I did send a bug a report as well. I was told it was going to be sent to the right people but nothing since or anything else, no. Hopefully if more respond with similar reports through their Facebook page it would make them more likely to sort it out.

I was feeling a bit upset the first day or so as well (after playing the dlc) but after seeing the start fix the issue with framerate dips and tearing then I was totally happy! It's not a big issue now that I know the fix as it's not much hassle but I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate a proper fix, don't think many realise it actually can run even better!

I'm glad more people spoke up about it, I was going to ask some more users to check it personally otherwise but this saves me some trouble :)

-sorry for the slow response and thanks again.

Ami Nakajima
9th July 2012, 01:27 PM
OK - not posted on this site in years but I had to reply to this since I'm seeing the exact same issue. Not seen it widely reported elsewhere sadly - I've mentioned the poor framerate on the Facebook page in a comment to one of the announcements when the DLC was released, and also direct-messaged it to them but have had zero reply or even acknowledgement from anyone at SL. Not wanting to sound cynical, but they are quick to reply to comments when people praise something, but they seem to ignore a lot (not all) of the issues people raise via the FB pages at least...

Completely flummoxed that there are not more reports of the poor framerate and tearing. It was really affecting my enjoyment of the game - some of the Rapier class events (Sebenco Climb especially) were extremely difficult due to the stuttering and tearing. It maybe only affects a handful of people since most forum posts about the DLC are from people raving about how good it looks on the Vita. I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me and I was being too critical. Sure the HD/Fury tracks are less detailed and have lower poly counts than their native 2048 counterparts, but the massive stuttering and tearing were another thing entirely...

I can absolutely confirm however in my case at least too that pressing "Start" at some point cures it until the next cold restart of the game. It really is most odd! It's certainly made me want to pick it up again to play through, and as long the "press Start to fix" procedure is followed, the HD events run just as smooth as the native 2048 ones for me now.

Have you had any response from SL about it? Can no-one else really see the framerate issues? Like I said above, for me it's most clearly seen on a Rapier race event on a track like Sebenco Climb (but "simpler" tracks like Vineta K even at Venom class in a time-trial etc. with no other ships on the course show it too). It's REALLY noticeable - feels like a different game entirely, the framerate drop must be in the region of 5-10fps, and the tearing is substantial enough to be very off-putting.

I wonder if it's to do with the size of memory card we use seeing as that's a clear dividing factor amongst Vita owners? I have an 8Gb if it's any help...

We are quick to reply when praised and slower to reply when an issue is raised as the issue needs to be looked into before it is replied to. A comment is a comment and can be replied to instantly, investigation isn't instant I'm afraid.

Also bear in mind the amount of posts we receive per day. Whether it be general comments, trouble-shooting or more, sometimes we are slower to respond but please be patient, we have to look into everything before we reply.

ExaltedR3V3NG3
9th July 2012, 07:06 PM
I think I found another glitch...

Game region version [EU/US/JP]: EU (Retail)
Game update number [downloaded fixes]: 1.04 + HD/F
Options settings: -
Control scheme: Default
Track and game mode where error occurs: Online multiplayer campaign
Online/Offline/CrossPlay: Online [I]{Ba dum tss}
Persistant/Intermittent/One-off: Persistant (at least for me, it happened twice to me)

The main problem is that I had some events that were just "Passed" and I wanted to Elite Pass them. I did it, however, the game didn't gave me the 10k XP granted for Elite passing, but it just gave me the XP I got racing. At first I thought it was a one-off msitake, however, I did it once again to reach level 45... but I didn't. I had to do another event to get to that level.

Also, it annoys me the fact that sometimes I fail my "Pass" but not my "Elite Pass" and the games gives me the 20k XP... I thought that to achieve the Elite pass you had to do before the standard Pass. However, sometimes that "glitch" saved me from repeating the event :)

chalovak
10th July 2012, 04:01 AM
^ that happened to me too. Twice also. )

as for the second issue: you don't have to get Pass to get Elite.
For example, if the conditions for pass are "don't finish last" and "hit a specific ship with a weapon" and you failed the latter but completed "hit any ship with a weapon" condition for elite pass (in addition to two other conditions, in that case), you'll get elite pass.

chalovak
10th July 2012, 04:02 AM
^ that happened to me too. Twice also. )

as for the second issue: you don't have to get Pass to get Elite.
For example, if the conditions for pass are "don't finish last" and "hit a specific ship with a weapon" and you failed the latter but completed "hit any ship with a weapon" condition for elite pass (in addition to two other conditions, in that case), you'll get elite pass.

Hellfire_WZ
23rd July 2012, 04:08 PM
As this thread has diverged somewhat away from the format it was intended for, I am removing it from the stickied threads and replacing it with Ami's one. This thread is now for discussion of any bugs found, please use the other thread ONLY for bug reporting.

Ami Nakajima
23rd July 2012, 04:50 PM

Are you still experiencing this issue Mangaroo?

djacura
23rd July 2012, 11:31 PM
Ami in my case, I had two times the error C2-12828, while playing in a track of DLC-HD from 1.04 in FW1.67 before the end of a career, a time trial or fast lap, the other can not remember.

On the other issue I wanted to tell, the performance issue that many people have been detected, probably already know the problem

When you access the DLC starting the first game, and runs on the track DLCHD, for some reason not set vertical synchronization (Vsync) the fps are unstable and oscillation, but if you run in a time trial you will notice an improvement in fps possibly 40+

To solve, as mentioned, you just have to press start, and resume instantly vsync is set, and sets the fps limiter to 30 and is stabilized and overrides the tearing etc...

this seems to be a bug somewhere, performance is affected, perhaps there is some issue of buffer affected or otherwise included, this is something that will have to fix the team liverpool. (this happens on fw1.67 and also 1.69)

Thank you very much for this great delivery 2048, and hopefully can keep improving it, and bring things like Racebox etc.

a kiss.

Ami Nakajima
24th July 2012, 09:02 AM
@djcura
Would it be possible for you to fill out the template I posted here with both of those issues as two separate entries, please?

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?8902-WipEout-2048-Official-Issue-Report-%28template%29

The step-by-step format is great tool to help us recreate/fix your issues with greater ease and speed :)

mangaroo
30th July 2012, 01:57 AM
Are you still experiencing this issue Mangaroo?

Sorry for the slow reply, I experienced the "just before the finish line" bug a few times yes but that was a while ago and unfortunately haven't been playing for a while. I'm sure it was when I was resuming from standby as well (probably failed to connect) but I will look into it again.

I noticed there is a new thread for official reports but as I can't be more detailed at the moment I thought I wouldn't clutter it up. Also wanted to give my +1 for the Start bug djcura posted in the official thread. Same issue as myself and Rod Haul were talking about earlier this month. I sent in a Facebook message as well but the official issue report djcura posted may be more accurate.. after talking it over with Rod - it affects all the events, I specified an order to see it noticeably happening..but actually it affects any event that you select. After pressing start (mid-race), it no longer happens on other events (until you re-launch the game) .... apparently.
For me, it actually does still happen with certain events like Vineta K venom speed lap but it is less obvious on other maps. It also happens on some events when switching from HD to fury or 2048 and back. Sometimes the tearing isn't there but the framerate drop is....not sure if it is late (3/4am!) or what but there is something strange going on and I can't explain exactly when it does and doesn't happen without spending much more time than I have (as there seem to be exceptions) but it is frequent, common, others have noticed it thankfully and it's fixed by pressing start. Need an eye used to seeing higher fps to spot it though perhaps.

By "first place" I'm sure djcura means the first time running the game. It happens throughout the race (every lap), until start is pressed and the tearing/frame drops stop. It is more noticeable in certain maps/race setups but it definitely is there (and resolved with just clicking start). Mainly talking about single player, not sure if MP is affected.

If I realise exactly how/when either of the two issues occur, I'll post a proper issue report(s).