PDA

View Full Version : Tech Interview: WipEout 2048 (possibility of PS3 version?)

havoc33
12th April 2012, 02:27 PM
Check out this interview posted at eurogamer.net. It goes into detail about the making of WipEout 2048, and says a PS3 version is much up to customer demand. :hyper

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-wipeout-2048-tech-interview

kaori
12th April 2012, 02:58 PM
I can't imagine the current WipEout 2048 on PS3. The lack of racebox offline and online is still unacceptable on a big screen, like other lacks.

People who are ready to pay 40$ for an unfinished game, when they paid 25$ for WipEout HD Fury (ok it was a remix, but a full game with all options), these people are mad to claim a game wherein they can't play when they want, with who they want, with rules they want.

It's not time to demand a PS3 version, it's time to ask "hey Studio Liverpool, we want to exploit the full potential of WipEout 2048, your awesome gameplay need options like custom control, offline and online racebox (and adhoc), custom rules in online race like there are already in the campaign offline (no weapons, restriction of class' ship, only combat ship in a race, only canon + mines, only rocket, only plasma and leachbeam etc), and please correct the combat events to avoid campers (10 points by lap, or add checkpoints etc), correct the , and please add A+ and A class online RACES, races are WipEout, combat should be minor".

I will hate these PS3 claimant customers if we have to never play the full WipEout 2048 we are entitled to get. When WipEout 2048 will be finished, yes it will be time to offer at players who don't have a PS Vita a chance to play an awesome game.

Temet
12th April 2012, 03:10 PM
+1 Kaori!
Wipeout 2048 must be finished before being ported!

stin
12th April 2012, 03:19 PM
+2 Kaori!

I`d played 2048 for over a week now, Don`t get me wrong, it`s a great game, but, needs more input! Like Kaori says, needs Racebox ASAP!, sort out the bugs!! and fix that stupid online issues before they will lose everything! :(

stevie:)

Mu5
12th April 2012, 10:49 PM
+3 Kaori! :)

Amen to that bro - Great game, but half finished! :(

vdek
13th April 2012, 12:32 AM
You guys act very entitled and spoiled... Its a launch game and they were forced to ship by Sony, its not like they had a choice in the matter. DLC is forthcoming to fix most of the issues we have and they're pretty good about answering questions on their facebook page...

Mu5
13th April 2012, 03:11 AM
They need to fix crossplay as well it is fundamentally broken.

For newcomers to the series with only a vita (and dont own a PS3 with HD and/or Fury) its practically useless. Even do manage to get into a game - as soon as the track is changed to a PS3 track they are kicked from the game.

There should be lobbys for
- Vita Only
- Vita with HD
- Vita with HD/Fury

They need to wake up and realise its 2012. Anything but a seamless experience just isn't good enough anymore. Its so bad its laughable :D

Temet
13th April 2012, 07:01 AM
@vdek : Wipeout Pure was a launch title too... compare and cry ;)

And concerning crossplay, I would consider it as low priority, taking into account the main part of the game is broken.

Hellfire_WZ
13th April 2012, 09:36 AM
Pure and 2048 cannot be compared as launch titles. Pure was a single player game almost entirely, with only ad-hoc multiplayer and no infrastructure capability beyond downloading the occasional content pack. 2048 on the other hand was targeted to show off the online and community features of the Vita, and the timescale forced the single player part of the game to change to accommodate it. Also introducing netcode on such a scale brings about a much higher probability of bugs creeping in that potentially do not show up in testing, something Pure didn't have to deal with.

kaori
13th April 2012, 12:05 PM
You guys act very entitled and spoiled... Its a launch game and they were forced to ship by Sony, its not like they had a choice in the matter. DLC is forthcoming to fix most of the issues we have and they're pretty good about answering questions on their facebook page...

You're right, it's a launch game, and this launch game has no place on PS3, a 5 years old and mature system ! And you are right, we are waiting DLC and updates to improve that. But we have no response for racebox, or online combat that is rubbish and some other lacks, it's why we ask for that, again and again... and again. This will be better for everyone, developpers, Sony, players. It's constructive.

blackwiggle
14th April 2012, 12:31 AM
I really want 2048 to be ported to the PS3 [the entire PURE & PULSE games and all DLC as well] I feel all Wipeout games should have the ability to be played on a large screen.
I'm as much as a Wipeout tragic as anybody, but I'm not buying a VITA as handheld gaming and me just don't get on.

But in saying that, if 2048 is as half finished as reported [I trust Kaori's opinion], maybe it is best left until some DLC that, at the very least, reinstates Racebox is available, and hopefully the return of "players choice" regarding online racing, which is equally important if 2048 is going to have some legs.

If that happens, and it's priced properly, I think it's inevitable that 2048 on the PS3 will be a monster hit