PDA

View Full Version : Mem cards ( old school). Vs trophies

JABBERJAW
12th April 2012, 12:52 PM
Im curious as to what people like more, Trophies with account specific saves, OR old school mem cards where you transfer save data

I vote old school

XoPachi
12th April 2012, 01:48 PM
Memory cards with easy data transfer. Seems the 360 was the only one who still used them, kinda.

vincoof
13th April 2012, 08:36 AM
Can't really vote because each one has its pros and cons :
- when playing a game as a casual gamer, I like system-specific accounts because they plain work, period,
- when playing a game as a hardcore gamer, I like memory cards because I have more control over it and because it is much less tied to network issues (if ever tied at all) so I can play regardless of Internet stability.

I'm a bit worried about accounts stored over the Internet because they work "today" while servers are maintained but in few years they'll go down and these accounts will be screwed up. For this reason I'm glad that I still have memcard of good old games like the original WipE'out" for which my records will be kept forever (or so...).

However, for games that I don't care about and will be forgotten the year after I play it, system-specific accounts are more than enough the lifetime of the game (at least, in my very own perspective for this game).

In my humble opinion, the best (perfect?) system would be the one who would let players select whichever he prefers for every game. The casual gamer would use the painless system by default while the player who seeks for more advanced control would select explicitly which games end on his/her memory card.

Cyberio
16th April 2012, 09:55 PM
Memory cards with a huge amount of space. Not the 15 blocks of PS1, just like 16-32 GB.