PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing??

PaulDuggan
8th April 2012, 08:55 AM
Not been playing too long, but my current record SL on Vineta K (forwards, Venom) is 29.48s and I can see that I can probably get it down to about 29s but the WR is below 24s!! I must be missing something huge but I have no idea what it could be. Could someone please give me some tips and let me know where I'm missing a massive chunk of time please?

Also on Moa Therma I've seen a YT vid of a TB/BR on the shallow chicane on Moa Therma. I'm really struggling to execute this. Is it just not possible on Venom? Do I need to step up a speed class to start hitting some of these BRs?

Thanks for any help.

tug_14
8th April 2012, 11:47 AM
moa boost br shortcut ... yes u can ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzeK9V3wGEI

u can perform a double br instead of a simple at the end of lap

PaulDuggan
8th April 2012, 03:56 PM
Awesome. Thank you.

amplificated
8th April 2012, 06:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T4PUihwNlQ&feature=plcp&context=C4b100c0VDvjVQa1PpcFPkHgmOJxEDpmItONttK8xW CRilypeR1P8%3D

That's Flash, but can do all of that in virtually exactly the same way in Venom. The method at the start is called BSB, and involves boosting into the air, cancelling your lap (L1) before the finish line to get another turbo, and boosting with that turbo again before the line so you get yet another turbo.

PaulDuggan
9th April 2012, 08:21 AM
I've heard about BSB but it sounds....wrong....It explains a bit of the missing time though (that and tha barrel rolls I had no idea were even possible!). In any case, I've tried cancelling laps with L1 and nothing seems to happen!
Thank you for posting the video.

docfo4r
9th April 2012, 11:36 AM
You need to hold L1 for about 3 seconds, did you try that? And of course it only works in Speed Lap.

tug_14
9th April 2012, 01:59 PM
BSB is an acronym ... Boost Select Boost
but SL has tried to abort it with a patch and after this , it becomes Boost L1 Boost because it was easier with this config button to do it
If u havn't customize your config , " select" is always the button to abort a chrono so u have to change your config to put it on "L1" button"

yeldar2097
9th April 2012, 02:24 PM
Don't worry too much about BSB. You can get a top 10 on any track at any speed class without it, it's mainly used for bragging rights.
Wrt BRs, you'll find a lot of them become easier at faster speeds. Some of them disappear completely (typically the 'SL only' BRs which pertain to a particular speed class/track), some of them change location, but by and large, the faster you're going, the easier it is to get air :).

amplificated
9th April 2012, 05:23 PM
I'd say Vineta K is the only exception to that rule Yeldar (though maybe Moa Therma too), pretty sure the top 10 in Venom and probably Flash too require BSB to get into. Not sure about Rapier and Phantom, but it's possible you need BSB there too... that you can chain 3 BR's off 2 free turbos is not a small thing.

PaulDuggan
10th April 2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks folks. Not too worried about top tens (long way from that) but I want to figure out why my times aren't respectable/competetive. Thanks for not just saying 'Ditch Venom, noob!'.
I'm struggling my way through Rapier and (especially) Phantom in the campaigns but I thought the better I knew the circuits and tricks at Venom the easier it would make the faster classes. Seems like that's not really the case though other than knowing the layouts backwards (staying away from reverses for now though!).