AmishRobot
5th May 2003, 10:34 AM
Rules:
Deadline: May 18, 2003
Settings: Set Elimination points to 40
Track: Terminal
Class: Phantom
Ship: Player's choice between Assegai or Icaras
Scoring: Since this mode is not timed and it's assumed you will win the race, scoring will be based on the margin of victory. When the race is over, average the opponent's scores (do not include your own!) and round the number to the nearest hundredth of a point. Post that score, along with the ship used.
Lowest score wins!

As far as I can tell the points that the AI ships get is random and not based on any real factors in the race, so this challenge is admittedly more for fun than legitimate bragging rights. I was just getting tired of the regular time challenges, and using eliminations in a regular race results in too few possibilities for scoring.

I picked Terminal because I wanted a track that was difficult without being pure tech, and had lots of weapons pads and a nice long straight to use them on. 8) Assegai and Icaras because the weaker shields make it more interesting. :D

Comments, anyone?

AmishRobot
5th May 2003, 11:36 AM
Do checkpoints need to be on? (I'm thinking of standing still for 20 seconds after a death, shooting quakes backwards, etc)
Checkpoints do not function in Elimination mode. Go ahead and try. You'll find that strategy to be less than effective, as hitting a weapon pad turns it off for the remainder of the lap.