PDA

View Full Version : Sol Zone Issues

Cerium
16th March 2012, 09:06 PM
Has anyone else been having issues with zone mode on Sol? Specifically, I've fallen through the track after pretty much every jump, despite clearly landing on the track and, most recently, I've found a respawn point which is, effectively, an auto-loss at high speeds. I even made a crappy cellphone video of the respawning issue once I realized I was hosed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbhsJKvu7a4. Note that in the video, I'm basically holding right to stay straight. Sometimes it barely counter-acts gravity, other times it sent me clear off the other side of the track, and one time (out of the 30 or so times I fell) I actually made it out, only to screw it up again on the following speed pads.

Also, sup guys :D.
I haven't posted here in quite some time. I've checked some of the other threads and, to no surprise, I've noticed the usual lunatics are already destroying this game (Seriously. 11 barrel rolls on Altima @ C class? Wtf.).

Sausehuhn
16th March 2012, 10:15 PM
I had a similar respawn issue on Metropia with WOHD once. Maybe it’s a rare bug in the engine?

Cerium
17th March 2012, 12:41 AM
Probably. This is the first time I've ever had it happen. Maybe it has to do with the fact I fell off on a part of the track where the track is perpendicular to the ground. The respawning code probably isn't designed to handle that. Do any of the devs still frequent this forum? :D

But the bigger annoyance is falling through the track. It didn't happen as much with Piranha speed, but with the QirexAGSys fighter, I was lucky to get through a single lap without falling through at least once.

G'Kyl
17th March 2012, 06:21 AM
But the bigger annoyance is falling through the track. It didn't happen as much with Piranha speed, but with the QirexAGSys fighter, I was lucky to get through a single lap without falling through at least once.
Same here, though I can't remember which ship I was on. At first I thought I was falling through one of the holes that seems to be in the middle of the track surface, but I figured this better not be the case. It makes no sense to have actual holes in the middle of the track. Anyway... no idea how and when, but it is indeed quite an annoyance.