PDA

View Full Version : Pitch control comparison

JABBERJAW
11th March 2012, 04:35 PM
This is not a deal breaker for me, but annoying as hell.

Wipeout fusion: you could not control your ships pitch in the air, it really didn't matter whether your pressed up or down, you were going to land at a specific spot. Very bad

Quantum redshift: you had complete pitch control in the air, very good. This game is here because some of the people who worked on QR, also worked on pure. No pitch control on the ground though. That being said, the pitch control in games after this did not work as any previous game, and in pure/ pulse the pitch forward kinda ruined how the game was played

Wipeout pure: back to extreme minimal pitch control in the air. You could barely affect where you were going to land. Most of the pitch to control where you were going to land was done BEFORE you leave the ground. When in the air it feels like you are falling rather than flying.

Wipeout pulse: this game brought back complete pitch control in the air, you flew AND decided where you were going to land.

Wipeout HD: same as pulse, you have control of your pitch in the air.

Wipeout 2048: back to wipeout pure, you have very little control over your ship in the air! WHY! In queens mall, A+ speed, when going off the final jump, you go over that sign, and once you are in the air going full speed, you cannot bring it back down quick enough like in hd or pulse to go below ( without pitching before jump, or Braking, or doing something funny). How in the hell did this get into the game! GKYL was complaining about sol and you ship wouldn't come down without either tricks or leaving the track in a specific spot. This is the reason for that.

TO STUDIO LIVERPOOL: pitch control is important to wipeout!!!!! please stop screwing with it

That being said, it's not a deal breaker, as I do like pure and 2048 better than pulse/hd/ fusion. The sliding out of control feeling for me is just better, and the pitch problem does not overide that. It's just that there was no reason to neuter pitch AGAIN.

Aeroracer
12th March 2012, 03:27 PM
pitch control on sol on a+ speed on the downward slop after the double barrel roll simply dosnt work i swear you go up higher the more you pitchdown.

JABBERJAW
12th March 2012, 04:39 PM
It's where you. Leave the track unfortunately

Temet
13th March 2012, 03:50 PM
Try to jump before the jump (yeah, it looks strange said like that ^^).
Just perform a sideshift and go just on the left of the red thing ;)
Like Asa majestically failed here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtpHWLnELT8 :)