PDA

View Full Version : Stop cheating in speed lap and time trial

kaori
9th March 2012, 06:53 PM
Some players seem to cheat with a bug on a specific ship... Please stop cheating and breaking the leaderboards. It's too noticeable in C and B class.
Studio Liverpool know it and it should be corrected in the next update of the games.

So don't cheat... Studio Liverpool will have to erase the records done with this ship on 8 tracks, please don't aggravate the situation, because there are lot of work for them.

amplificated
9th March 2012, 07:06 PM
I haven't noticed any bugs, though I don't play much, especially whilst maintaining a stable internet connection to allow me to look at the leaderboards.

Only thing I've noticed is people using the Qirex prototype to kill ships faster than you can finish a race in some single player campaign events, which is absolutely legit as far as I'm concerned. Poor gameplay decision on SL's part, probably, but it's just campaign.

leungbok
9th March 2012, 07:49 PM
There's a bug it's a fact, not suspicions ! Hopefully it'll be fixed.
Erase all records legit/unlegit done with that specific ship is the best sollution. Top pilots will be able to set good times again !

Hellfire_WZ
9th March 2012, 08:05 PM
Details of this exploit were sent to me this morning, it does work and can potentially ruin the leaderboards. I have reported it to Studio Liverpool and to Ami directly. Hopefully anyone who knows about it will have the decency to do the same.

Any discussion of how to perform this exploit or any details of what it involves will lead to severe consequences.

leungbok
9th March 2012, 08:16 PM
I told about that weeks ago at Kaori. He e-mailed devs about it, they answered it was already fixed but i guess they have so many stuff to add in the next update (racebox please :pirate) that the release have been delayed.

JABBERJAW
9th March 2012, 08:17 PM
It didn't get into the A+ speed class? Hopefully not.

Hellfire_WZ
9th March 2012, 08:21 PM
Good stuff, in that case it'll probably be sorted in 1.02. Until then, I would ask everyone to discourage any discussion of details.

Al, it can potentially affect any speed class which is why it's causing so much concern.

leungbok
9th March 2012, 08:22 PM
On the leaderboards (8 top times) nothing appears to be suspicious in any track on A+ class.

SoA_Booney
9th March 2012, 10:16 PM
I admit for some tracks where other good pilots have definately of used i challenged by doing it too ... Hopefully the times that are cheated wiill be reset, mine included but some of mine are in the mix of the glitchers but legit, unity square and downtown for example ... anyway i apologise and hope until a patch happens no one who knows of the glitch use it on untampered tracks :)

Olivario
9th March 2012, 10:47 PM
I can say all my times are legit, I don't even know how the glitch is made. I have had spent some hours in doing them so I would be very pissed if they are reset.

JABBERJAW
9th March 2012, 11:06 PM
I'd be ticked too, but if that's the only wAy, then do it.

Aeroracer
9th March 2012, 11:12 PM
so annoying that certain players spend more time in finding cheats to exploit to subsitute for their lack in skill rather than just play and get better natrually. . I have seen quite a few of these glitch times and no they are simply impossible.i have zero respect for these players as do all other players too..
The bright side i guess is the glitch was identified early on and not 2 years down the line as in hd.

Mad-Ice
10th March 2012, 06:06 AM
First of all: Booney, thanks for being honest! You do not need to cheat to be in the top 8. Anyway, I wonder when devs will finally make a game where people can't cheat. And when they will invite the top players of that game to test it before release?

xtriko
10th March 2012, 09:07 AM
really? cheats/glitches? already? this reminds me of the dpad thing on pulse... Booney, you're too skilled to use this kind of stuff ;) Devs, c'mon! Bring race box etc and cut the cheaters legs ;)

SoA_Booney
10th March 2012, 10:52 AM
I know i can manage without the cheat/glitch but you can sympathise with my frustration on spending a fair bit of time perfecting a track to then be beaten by someone by 2/3 secs with the glitch .. this is why any records where the times are legit (ghosts) then i wouldnt dare glitch ... but yeah, a complete reset would be fine with me as im sure everyone could easily replicate their times and tbh it gives the sls some form or replay value :)

Also for the TTs i dont see too many times that have used the glitch which is a good thing :P

HunterGreg8
10th March 2012, 12:01 PM
but you can sympathise with my frustration

no i can't ...
...cheat because others have cheated is not a reason. I have no sympathy for cheaters...

SoA_Booney
10th March 2012, 12:28 PM
Well you have your own opinion :) at least ive said i have cheated and apologised for doing so, and at least i havent used it on every record to ruin the records for everyone else ... plus its only a small minority of records 90% are completely legit and the oher 10% are in retaliation to other pilots who have already massacred the records.

Temet
10th March 2012, 12:37 PM
Taking into account Speed Lap is the main interest of the game... cheating is really bad.
Until they bring racebox, if they do, I'll play Mass Effect 3.