PDA

View Full Version : General 2048 questions / queries

Colonel
1st March 2012, 10:52 AM
I know I'm going to have loads of these over the next few months, and I imagine many other people will as well. My first one is this:

How do I access the leaderboards? When I start a race or event, it tells me the top ten on my friends list (and the top 10 global I think), but I'd like to know more than just that.

leungbok
1st March 2012, 06:34 PM
It's only top 8 in fact. You can see the rank of your friends (and yours) before their names, but that's all you can see atm.

amplificated
1st March 2012, 08:54 PM
And you access your view of the leaderboards by selecting the event and pressing across to the leaderboard section of the display.

It's dead simple.... but like with everything when it comes to the front end in 2048, that's too simple.

Nunalho
3rd March 2012, 03:12 PM
Hello everyone, my question is why can I only play 4 tracks from HD while in cross-play mode? (also there are no speed pads in anulpha pass...)

I really hope the next patch brings out racebox, online options and augmented reality museum.

Hellfire_WZ
3rd March 2012, 03:48 PM
The remaining HD content will be released later as DLC. It's understood this will be a free update for anyone who already owns both HD and Fury. AR museum will also be coming soon.

lanceurdehache
4th March 2012, 05:19 PM
I got 2 question

First does anyone else has that glitch at Sol Zone event where at the jump at the 2/3 of track you go through floor ? Because this glitch made it really harded for me (i would say also very frustrating) to get the Elite Pass because it could happen 5 time in a row (wich remove 15 % of your life) and cancel your perfect zone wich make you lose 3 % and you dont regen the 6-7 % of your life. It seems really random and can happen anytime

The second one is does the Auto-pilot make you go faster or is it the AI that slow down when you use it ? i noticed that i overtake the AI in A+ speed class but i was mostly absorbing it in multiplayer and the main campaign so i dont know wich effect it does.

GiraffeRider
4th March 2012, 06:22 PM
What's the framerate? I've googled for a while and found many conflicting results, from stable 60 to stable 30 to unplayable in full online races.

Colonel
4th March 2012, 06:26 PM
It's 30 FPS, although can drop sometimes if there's loads going on.

When is Altima unlocked for Speed Laps? I've done all but a couple of 2050 events now, some Elite passes, some standard, and Altima's not showing up yet.

leungbok
4th March 2012, 06:28 PM
2048 completion unlocks C class speed laps on some tracks, 2049 unlocks B class speed laps and few more tracks, 2050 unlocks A/A+ and all the tracks ;)

Colonel
4th March 2012, 06:38 PM
Thanks leung :)

GiraffeRider
4th March 2012, 07:04 PM
It's 30 FPS, although can drop sometimes if there's loads going on.
Thanks! Do the slowdowns always happen in big races, or are they just a rare event, like the quake lag in HD?

Hellfire_WZ
4th March 2012, 08:04 PM
It's most noticeable during heavily populated combat events and A+ challenges. Not a massive drop, but it is enough to be off-putting.

Temet
4th March 2012, 11:05 PM
Clearly, if by a miraculous patch they manage to provide the same framerate as the one in Speed Lap, that would be wonderful !
In solo, I've never been really anoyed by the FPS.
Online it can be a disaster.

MarcoM
5th March 2012, 09:19 AM
2048 completion unlocks C class speed laps on some tracks, 2049 unlocks B class speed laps and few more tracks, 2050 unlocks A/A+ and all the tracks ;)

Will I be able, when I unlock the 2049 and 2050 tier, also the 2049 and 2050 tracks with B class speed ships? I like to take it slow and enjoy the ride :D

Colonel
5th March 2012, 09:48 AM
Are you able to have more than one file save on 2048? Managed to get my fiance playing it on Saturday and she really likes it, I was hoping she could start the offline campaign on her own. I know you can't have more than one PSN account active, but wondered if an offline only game might be possible?

Temet
5th March 2012, 01:10 PM
Options in WipEout 2048?
Off course you cannot!

Sorry :|

lanceurdehache
6th March 2012, 01:16 AM
Is there a way to put the time you did in Speed Lap offline on the leaderboard ?

leungbok
6th March 2012, 06:35 AM
when you're connected, the games synchronize the new times (it can takes some time to appear). If you're top 8 you'll see your time on the global leaderboards, if you're not, you'll see it on the 8 friends list with your new rank.

Colonel
6th March 2012, 07:31 AM
Yeah and if you're not in the top 8 of your friends, you're sh*t out of luck. Stupid system, you should be able to scroll down both lists.

Olivario
6th March 2012, 11:15 AM
when you're connected, the games synchronize the new times (it can takes some time to appear). If you're top 8 you'll see your time on the global leaderboards, if you're not, you'll see it on the 8 friends list with your new rank.

It works weirdly. I did a world record on Saturday that hasn't appeared on the leaderboards; fortunately I improved my time yesterday and this time did appear, although it's not a world record anymore.

Anyway this system is ****, records should be visible from the first to the 100.000.

lanceurdehache
6th March 2012, 03:19 PM

ok thanks, it is strange because the new record i did on new track were updating instantly and the one i did offline are still not there after 15 hours after i connect to the server.

z1r0rEi
6th March 2012, 04:35 PM
I think your right about the times not been updated, if you play single player campaign and you are not connected to the servers, those times will not be updated

lanceurdehache
9th March 2012, 02:03 AM
Some of the time i did offline are on the leaderboard now, so it probably updated them but took a lot of time

z1r0rEi
9th March 2012, 08:33 AM
Thats great , must have took a long time to updated them

Nunalho
10th March 2012, 11:58 PM
Hello, can someone please check if, when playing online in ANULPHA PASS there are NO speed pads?
I played there twice and i cant race properly without the speed pads...bug? :brickwall

Also, any idea if we will be able to play on HD tracks in singleplayer mode?

Tks.

Aeroracer
12th March 2012, 11:24 PM
can someone explain to me about ghost mode on speed lap. if i select my ghost i get my ghost if i select global ghost i get my ghost (im not top 10 so i dont get why i get my ghost) if i select friends ghost i only get foxy and cant choose any other wipeout friends who have records in the track im doing..

if there a faul or have i not done something right..

many thanks

leungbok
12th March 2012, 11:33 PM
it happens sometimes (due to disconnections i presume). If you beat your ghost, normally, you'll have global ghosts uploading again ;)

Aeroracer
13th March 2012, 12:06 AM
many thanks :)

Nunalho
13th March 2012, 07:34 PM
Hello, can someone please check if, when playing online in ANULPHA PASS there are NO speed pads?
I played there twice and i cant race properly without the speed pads...bug? :brickwall

Also, any idea if we will be able to play on HD tracks in singleplayer mode?

Tks.

Anyone care to try this please? I want to know if my copy is bugged or if it's a general bug!

xtriko
15th March 2012, 04:20 AM
Comrade Nunalho, sorry but I can't help you with this. to be honest, I only play 2048 cross once. and it wasn't anulpha mate :S but we can try whenever you want :) big hug from Queluz ehehehe

Colonel
15th March 2012, 02:09 PM
I tried it last night Nunalho but couldn't get a game with Crossplay, despite waiting around 10 mins. Will try it again tonight.

Nunalho
15th March 2012, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the help guys, when you get the chance post your feedback!

Xtriko, eu já lá joguei duas vezes, uma delas até fui eu que escolhi a pista e entrou algum pessoal...mas das duas vezes não haviam speed pads, algo que quero que arranjem. Era brutal se podessemos jogar nas pistas do HD em singleplayer também!
Abraço aqui de sete rios :P

P52Smith
16th March 2012, 12:32 AM
The first time I did a crossplay there were no speed pads (Chengou Project), but the few times I've done it since they've all been there on all tracks.
I've still got to get used to the slightly different pad layouts in places from Pure/Pulse having never played HD before. And I've not managed to race against more than 1 person at a time on crossplay yet, is it just me like this?

EDIT: Last night I ended up with a recurring message saying that 'the game has already started or the host has left the game' or something like that. Having forced the system to reconnect to the network from scratch this cleared up and I was thrown into a full group of 8. The first race was Vineta K (C class) and had no speed pads to me, and I lost by some margin, after that there were speed pads on all three Pure tracks and the races were much closer.

Colonel
16th March 2012, 12:53 PM
I had my first go at Crossplay today. I played against 3 other people on Anulpha, all speed pads were there and everything seemed fine. Although the 30fps makes a far bigger difference than with 2048, it seemed very choppy.

Had a race on Moa as well, which was weird because the track looked quite different, a very dark blue / grey. Looked pretty cool though.

Not tried Chenghou or Vineta yet. In its current form Crossplay is a gimimck, as soon as the host (assuming it's not you) changes to a track other than VK, Moa, Anulpha or Chenghou, you're kicked out. Which is quickly, as I discovered. And how long could you get away with hosting just those 4 tracks, even if you wanted to? Then there are only 4 ships available: Feisar, Qirex, Auricom and Piranha (all HD versions). Let's hope they expand it soon.

Nunalho
16th March 2012, 07:39 PM
I had my first go at Crossplay today. I played against 3 other people on Anulpha, all speed pads were there and everything seemed fine. Although the 30fps makes a far bigger difference than with 2048, it seemed very choppy.

Had a race on Moa as well, which was weird because the track looked quite different, a very dark blue / grey. Looked pretty cool though.

Not tried Chenghou or Vineta yet. In its current form Crossplay is a gimimck, as soon as the host (assuming it's not you) changes to a track other than VK, Moa, Anulpha or Chenghou, you're kicked out. Which is quickly, as I discovered. And how long could you get away with hosting just those 4 tracks, even if you wanted to? Then there are only 4 ships available: Feisar, Qirex, Auricom and Piranha (all HD versions). Let's hope they expand it soon.

Incredible, so my copy has a bug on anulpha.

Vitocorp
16th March 2012, 10:24 PM
How can I unlock alternative skins for the ships (not the chrome ones) ? I' ve seen an orange agility Feisar

kaori
19th March 2012, 02:28 PM
Have you seen it in your game ?

Vitocorp
19th March 2012, 05:45 PM
Nope, I found it on the internet

amplificated
19th March 2012, 06:38 PM
Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

kaori
19th March 2012, 07:00 PM
Ok, don't forget the game isn't finished, maybe we will be able to unlock alternative skins with new events, I easily imagine 2 new "arrows", like for the speed lap, where we have the races and the TT : win the C class race to unlock the B race, etc, and win the A+ race to unlock a skin, a ship in AR.
When you win all the tracks, you'll be able to edit any option : weapons on/off/custom, ship restriction (race between combat ships can be fun)
All that with leaderboards ! I hope Studio Liverpool won't give us AR without any challenges to unlock the ships.

(End of my dream !)

Blaey
19th March 2012, 09:37 PM
they had that orange feisar and a blue ag-systems on some of the trailers aswell so it must be coming eventually

Vitocorp
19th March 2012, 09:49 PM
Maybe with a DLC or a patch, like the AR...
I hope for a liveries editor, that would be nice! :D

OveReAction
20th March 2012, 01:02 PM
How's the game there? I have the demo, but I don't seem to know how it feels like in the highest speed class. (Well, I don't own one yet but I'll do inmany days or months..)

Xavier
26th March 2012, 06:58 PM
I hope for a liveries editor, that would be nice! :D

This would make Wipeout (and online play in particular) a true joy.

But I hope they give us some assistance with it -- maybe provide us with some of the classic Wipeout fonts so that we can type names and numbers on our ships, and have some pre-rendered patterns of racing stripes and color schemes. Some of the skins people made for Pulse looked really ridiculous and took away from the immersion of the game. There should be a good compromise somewhere.

JABBERJAW
2nd April 2012, 02:04 AM
It is very fast at A+ speed, you won't be disappointed.

F.E.I.S.A.R
6th April 2012, 12:47 PM
Can the Pir-hana prototype do Barrel Rolls? BRs require Left-Right-Left or Right-Left Right. Using normal steering on the Pir-Hana Prototype has no effect(due to the absence of the "standard steering rack")

Colonel
6th April 2012, 01:55 PM
Yes you can BR in the Pir-hana prototype, despite the steering restrictions.

chalovak
6th April 2012, 07:18 PM
Can someone tell me what AG Systems prototype is good at save double barrel roll.
And what is the best ship for time trials?
Thanks.

F.E.I.S.A.R
7th April 2012, 02:14 PM
@chalovak: AGS Proto has extended sideshifts and Combat Spin during races.
IIRC,Time Trials are dominated by FEISAR or AGS Proto

chalovak
7th April 2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks. Time for practice. For the whole single player campaign I've never managed to get a perfect lap (well, except Sol). How lame am I? :)
BTW, F.E.I.S.A.R, did you mean FEISAR proto or Fiesar speed?

SOLID_STATE
8th April 2012, 09:15 AM
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best event to go for the trophy where you are asked to destroy all other ships? I know to use the Qirex prototype but after trying the first event in 2048 over and over I find it really difficult...

So, any tips?

leungbok
8th April 2012, 10:07 AM
You should let your ammo gauge fill at full capacity before firing. Also i think that firing bullet after bullet do more damage than autofire ! ;)

Colonel
8th April 2012, 10:37 AM
It's definitely the first event you want to go for - the weps off race at Empire Climb. Start slowly and wait until you're on a straight before lining up behind them and letting rip. Don't worry about losing the leader as rubber banding will take care of that.

Handmadelion
15th April 2012, 12:04 AM
Does anyone know anything in regards to Racebox being put into the game at a later date?

chalovak
15th April 2012, 09:11 AM
We included this question in the "Life's Unanswered Questions" list, where you can also find questions like:
"Is there life after death?"
"Do aliens exist?"
"What was the first: chicken or egg?"
etc.

JABBERJAW
16th April 2012, 01:14 AM
Go to the wipeout 2048 Facebook page and create a ruckus there, many of us have done that, and apparently more need to to get a response. Don't forget to add custom controls into your complaint as well

Constrictor
17th April 2012, 05:17 PM
Hi folks,

I need some help in my decission making process: I'll be on summer/beach vacation in mid May. Recently the vita wifi got a 20% price reduction in Europe (<200 EUR w/ 8G MemoryCard and a 15 EUR voucher for a game - no WO2048 as far as I can see.) Now my questions:

- Is it possible to play in bright sunlight? the psp sucks in this discipline big time.
- WO 2048 with current patch (1.02?) as offline only game: buy or now buy?

THX!

stin
17th April 2012, 06:45 PM
For outside use?, a definate no no!, cos, me and asa played together out at the back of my house, sitting on my bench while sun is out, we struggled to see on the screen with our Vita.

WO 2048 with current patch?, to me, everything starting to settle alot better then previous issues.

To buy or not to buy that is the question, IMO, I`m glad I`ve got the Vita, amazing machine, so yeah, get Wipeout, if you like fast race like A+?, then go for it! :)

stevie:)

Constrictor
18th April 2012, 06:00 AM
Well, not good. I read a few vita reviews where they mentioned that the display is way better compared to psps but the glossiness' preventing from really enjoying the games in sunlight. Maybe I'd reduce my claim on the display and seek some sunshade for playing - even better for my skins health. and btw, yes i like fast races ...

Thx for your comment, stevie