PDA

View Full Version : The A+ Challenges

Hellfire_WZ
25th February 2012, 09:45 AM
Okay, has anyone actually beaten these things? I can handle myself on A+ very well, but my god the AI is absolutely RELENTLESS! I've already Elite passed all nodes in the single player campaign, but I can't get out of last place on these!

leungbok
25th February 2012, 09:50 AM
Try altima first, the AI is a bit amorphous there ! ;)

HISHO[JP]
25th February 2012, 11:27 AM
To win A+ challenge...

1.Speed type ships are required.
(Qirex speed or Feiser speed)
pir-hana speed? It's too hard to control...
I got 1st place in A+ EMPIRE CLIMB when I changed the ship from Pir-hana speed to Qirex speed.

An exception is ROCKWAY STADIUM. I used AG-system agility in the track.

2.Use auto-pilot absolutely when you picked up it.
Because your ship speed becomes faster than normal.

Good Luck;)

SoA_Booney
25th February 2012, 12:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeWt0ulDQZI&feature=youtu.be

it is true about the ai on altima ;) however i found metro park the hardest, i hate that skill cut :L but yeah i have managed them all :)

Temet
25th February 2012, 10:43 PM
I just unlocked my first one.
I love it !!! It's so speed and so hard!!! This is why I play WipEout!!! :)
5th on first attempt, 2nd on second one :g
I stop here, I've played a lot today :)

Geist1011
26th February 2012, 01:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeWt0ulDQZI&feature=youtu.be

it is true about the ai on altima ;) however i found metro park the hardest, i hate that skill cut :L but yeah i have managed them all :)

Not quite onto A+ speed yet due to limited time, but my god that looks fast on that vid, can't wait to get there, since i got the vita and 2048, makes me want to drop all my other games and get back to HD/Fury and 2048 100% of my game time again =D

Stardragon88
26th February 2012, 02:53 AM
Speed ships do help you get those 1st place finishes, the AI seems to respect the faster speed and won't rubberband so much, so they won't overtake you so easily. Taking the skillcuts if you can is really important as well if you want to break away from the pack at all.

Unity Square has got to be the hardest A+ race for me, those skillcuts are really difficult at A+ speed.

amplificated
26th February 2012, 09:17 AM
I have only unlocked 3 (no time for the game really), but the only one that I have found to be really frustrating so far (and don't get me wrong, the others have required that you at least be on the ball when compared to the rest of the game) is metro park - "that" skillcut is punishing if you get wrong, and it's very easy to do so. Not even sure if you can catch back up, I've only had a few goes and just reset as soon as I messed up.

Hellfire_WZ
26th February 2012, 10:10 AM
Unity Square was the first one I unlocked, which is probably why I was getting my arse handed to me. The only hope I had was to get an autopilot before I hit the first skillcut, and chances are that's not gonna happen every lap for 10 laps. Might give Capital Reach a go in the FEISAR prototype, all those speed pads are begging for it.

EDIT: That worked, won it! Much easier than Unity Square ;)

Temet
26th February 2012, 02:14 PM
Yahoo, just won on Unity Square (the only I unlocked yet) !!!!!
That was damn hard !!!!!

I'm happy (and proud ^^)

NCR_Assassin
26th February 2012, 07:52 PM
The Downtown A+ challenge took me awhile to do but it got easier when I switched from the piranha speed to the qirex speed.

Temet
26th February 2012, 09:49 PM
Empire climb done, that's 2 ;)
Very hard, but hey, that's we harcore gamers want right ;)

EDIT again : holy crap, just did 5.28.77 on Queens Mall, that's rank 13 !!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe it !!!!!!!!!! \o/
TIP : do not take any single skillcut :g