PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout 2048 Offical Team Background Stories

Clair_Lane-003
25th February 2012, 03:47 AM
Auricom:
Emerging from the ashes of the 2025 fallout at AG-Systems, this US-based team led by Delia Flaubert has three aces up its sleeves, japanese pilot, Arial Tetsuo, a fearsome force in the cockpit of it's ships, Anastasia Cherovoski, and BJ, a former air force pilot turned Anti-Grav racer.

With the principles of sporting excellence enshrined in its mission statement, Auricom Research's chief rivals in the tracks of this, the maiden year of Anti-Gravity Racing, are Qirex Industries, emerging under the leadership of former colleague, Holst McQueen. Do the math and get behind Auricom Research.

AG-Systems:
Originally the commercial arm of the Foundation For European Anti-Gravity Research, AG-Systems operates predominantly out of Japan, employing a largely japanese engineering and research team, despite it's European heritage.

Managed by anti-gravity pioneer, Pierre Belmondo, AG-Systems' pilots behind the racing machines include John Dekka, Daniel Chang, and Nana San. Operating under the mantra, "Make Friends In Higher Places." AG-Systems has its finger firmly place on the pulse of Anti-Gravity Racing, posing a formidable challenge on the tracks of Nova State City with its stellar craft and technology.

FEISAR:
Established under the control of the Foundation For European Anti-Gravity Research after the Japanese acquisition of AG-Systems, Feisar is managed by a conglomerate of European nations, with multiple operational bases located in twelve different territories.

Consistently on the move, Feisar spends up to three weeks in each locale with its ream of racers including Englishman, Paul Jackson, French national Sophia de la Rent and Ami Nakajima. Despite its inability to lure Pierre Belmondo away from his commitments at AG-Systems, Feisar still has a number of excellent technicians cribbed from the aforementioned company behind its technology on the track.

Pir-hana:
Arguably one of the most talked about companies in these tournament, Pir-hana's roots are somewhat a tougher to track than the rest of the teams competing in the A.G.R.C. While many have questioned its true motives - there are whispers of links to both the military and potential rival sports - it's not to fault the team's contribution to the team's contribution to the manifestation of Anti-Gravity Racing.

Pir-hana not only founded the Anti-Gravity Federation (A.G.F.), and conjured up the idea of the Anti-Gravity Racing Championship (A.G.R.C.) 2048, but also provided the airbrakes that you see before you on the tracks of Nova State City, hence the teams slogan, "The Only Way To Stop."

Qirex:
Qirex have been operating in its Russian homeland since the early twenty first century prior to its involvement in Anti-Gravity Racing, where it was approached by former AG-Systems man, Hoist McQueen.

McQueen, now Managing Director, has been labelled an opportunist by his former cohorts and seized the chance to form the team immediately upon discovering his chief rival, Delia Flaubert, had created Auricom Research. Its racing team is led by Arian Retsuo, the twin sister of AG-Systems Arial Tetsuo, the ferociously talented Kel Solaar and the former Russian street racer turned legitimate Anti-Gravity pilot, Kurlov.

A-Tomic_Power
26th February 2012, 05:42 PM
Are these from the manual?

Clair_Lane-003
26th February 2012, 06:02 PM
Yes they are

kaori
26th February 2012, 06:04 PM
Yes, there is a little mistake at the end with Arian/Arial ;)

Hellfire_WZ
26th February 2012, 06:14 PM
Good to see them try and keep the story true to the original game, especially with the mention of Pir-hana's airbrake expertise ;)

Clair_Lane-003
26th February 2012, 06:33 PM
Thanks for pointing out. Fixed

Sausehuhn
27th February 2012, 03:41 PM
Where are these from? :)

Hellfire_WZ
27th February 2012, 05:05 PM
Are these from the manual?

Yes they are

... ;)

amplificated
27th February 2012, 05:17 PM
... from a 6 post thread

Sausehuhn
27th February 2012, 07:31 PM
Haha, must have missed that. Sorry. :redface:

DJ Techno
3rd March 2012, 04:26 AM
Still no where close to keeping this thing original from the first Wipeout

yawnstretch
5th March 2012, 09:55 AM
I liked them! Thanks for posting - I hadn't checked the manual...

Hellfire_WZ
6th March 2012, 10:41 PM
Next time you're sitting at the line on Altima in the 2050 season, look at the news tickers along the trackside:

"Mag-Strip failure safety concerns"
"Will Pir-Hana quit the sport?"

:)

Colonel
7th March 2012, 12:45 PM
Well I suppose that makes sense, does seem a bit like Paranormal Activity 2 though :lol

Hellfire_WZ
7th March 2012, 06:38 PM
There's actually quite a few! Karl told me there were more dotted around and I've tried to pick up the ones that were backstory-relevant:

Unity Square
"Belmondo calls for standardisation"

Queens Mall
"Debate - Barrel rolls in AG racing - Y or N?"

Subway
"Belmondo - City racing too dangerous"
"Fans ask - What is Project Altima?"
"Mag-strip tech not safe, say officials"

Altima
"Mag-strip failure safety concerns"
"Will Pir-Hana quit the sport?"

Boycey83
7th March 2012, 10:20 PM
Haha, that's amazing, great attention to detail. Nicely spotted too.

gmrtom7
8th March 2012, 12:17 AM
Wow, that actually made me appreciate the game a lot more. It feels nice to know that SL still has that lovely attention to detail with the canon, even if it is in sneaky little ways like these.

yawnstretch
11th March 2012, 08:29 AM
Nice!

Amorbis
11th March 2012, 09:23 PM
They still haven't explained the hyphen in Pir-hana's name though, unless I missed it. I assumed it might be to differentiate it from the team from the 'later' games, or referring to the incorrect spelling of Piranha in Wip3out. I'm not really that bothered though, I'd rather have Piranha in 2048 than not!

Altima also has some Space Walk billboards like in WipEout 1, which I though was fun.

Hellfire_WZ
11th March 2012, 11:28 PM
They're the same team. The hyphen refers to the fact they're an amalgamation of two smaller teams - Pir and Hana. Plus it's as you say, a reference to the incorrect spelling in 3 ;)

terakihi
12th March 2012, 07:15 AM
I think they were called ''Pirhana'' in the first games manual too if i remember rightly :)

Amorbis
12th March 2012, 08:09 PM
I had no idea about the two teams, I suppose that does make sense. You are Terakihi, I actually went to check the WO1 manual because I have it lying around next to the TV. Maybe it would have all been a bit different if the writer at Psygnosis had his spell checker switched on!

Xavier
28th March 2012, 09:46 PM
There's another billboard in Queens that talks about how barrier technology keeps fans safe. I love this stuff! (But I'd love it even more if the background contained scoreboards and messages that incorporate info about the user and the other people online... "Xavier posts personal best 9'03"23 in Feisar Prototype trial... New world record set at Unity Square..." -- that would be even better!)

Blaey
29th March 2012, 12:32 PM
But I'd love it even more if the background contained scoreboards and messages that incorporate info about the user and the other people online... "Xavier posts personal best 9'03"23 in Feisar Prototype trial... New world record set at Unity Square..." -- that would be even better!

That would be veeeeeeery nice indeed :D