PDA

View Full Version : 2048 Straw Poll

Colonel
20th February 2012, 01:30 PM
Dead simple, are you buying / have you bought 2048?

newtype
20th February 2012, 03:12 PM
I was planning on buying a Vita + 2048 on release...

...until you all informed me that the Racebox and customized online events have been omitted.

lanceurdehache
20th February 2012, 03:21 PM
Already bought it, now i just need the Vita to play it

Darkdrium777
20th February 2012, 03:28 PM
They are selling the games three days before the console here.
But no I haven't bought it. I don't think I'll get the Vita soon unless I win the lottery that I signed up for.

Colonel
20th February 2012, 03:37 PM
Well I ordered my Vita last week by getting a new phone contract at mobiles.co.uk. It was the only way I'd be able to get one as I don't have £230 to shell out.

The Vita should hopefully arrive next week, and I'll buy 2048 on payday - last day of Feb. It's strange, on the one hand I'm incredibly sceptical, but on the other hand I couldn't stop myself from getting it.

stin
20th February 2012, 04:44 PM
I know I will play 2048 next month from my bestest friend somewhere.....well I invited him to stay at my house for the week:D

That way, I will know what to do in near future.

So, I`m still undecided atm but I would like to play.

stevie:)

billychanxtr33m
20th February 2012, 04:54 PM
i really want it but not until the vita is cheaper

MrSmadSmartAlex
20th February 2012, 05:33 PM
I'll buy it if they fix all the things that are wrong with it (of the things that are fixable, of course; I wouldn't expect them to release a narrow tracks patch! :lol). Otherwise, no, since I don't particularly want a Vita (or anything Sony).

Temet
20th February 2012, 05:49 PM
You don't need narrow tracks in A+.
And as far as I know, you're a high speed racer ;)

Hellfire_WZ
20th February 2012, 06:39 PM
Pre-ordered and ready to collect on Wednesday :)

BTW Alex, the tracks aren't narrower, the ships are smaller ;)

Dogg Thang
20th February 2012, 06:51 PM
I shouldn't. I know I shouldn't. I appreciate WO but has gone a different direction and that works for many but not for me. So I just shouldn't.

But I will.

You know what they need to do to WO so I can finally declare myself out? Put Hayden Christensen at the end. Worked for Star Wars.

MrSmadSmartAlex
20th February 2012, 08:50 PM
BTW Alex, the tracks aren't narrower, the ships are smaller ;)

:lol I really can't argue when you put it that way!

blackwiggle
20th February 2012, 08:53 PM
I don't have a problem with 2048....it's a new Wipeout and that's good enough for me, regardless of any changes they have made to it that I feel might be a backward step.

It's the fact that I don't' enjoy playing Wipeout on a hand-held.
I can't see what I'm doing a small screen, plus I inevitably end up tilting the console during play to make it more comfortable, but with the flat screen having such a shallow off axis display, the picture disappears completely.
I'd hate to see how long the buttons on the VITA will stand up to feverish WO play, particularly with the position of the left stick to the D-Pad :eek

If the VITA didn't have two important features of the PSP GO! removed, namely the ability to mate a controller to it via Bluetooth and Video out, so I could see WTF I was doing on a larger screen, well then I would pre-ordered one by now.

If they bring out a VITA 2 with these functions reinstated, well yes, I will get it.

yeldar2097
20th February 2012, 09:48 PM
Played it, hate it, makes me sad, no thanks.

Not a chance in hell.

amplificated
20th February 2012, 09:56 PM
What do you hate about it, Yeld? It doesn't play that differently to HD.

I can agree that it's more of a sidestep than a refinement, and some of the new track features take a while to get used to, but it doesn't play that badly for what it is.

Empire Climb is just plain boring, though...

Hacker X
21st February 2012, 12:36 AM
Already have it (picked it up on the 15th, but haven't played it yet)

I've been a hardcore Wipeout fan since 96'. I've seen all the 2048 videos, and read all the pros and cons of the game. The worst Wipeout to date is Fusion. That is the only game I see as one I can't stand of the series.

2048 is a must buy if you have the money and want to continue to see Wipeout games made in the future. I work for a game studio, and I will tell you fellow fans this, sales of a game grant the studio money and popularity to make more versions of that game. People can whine and moan about 2048's shortcomings all day, but considering SL almost was shut down a couple of years back, I'm just grateful that 2048 was even made. My favorite videogame series of all time continues to get new iterations.

Through thick and thin, I'm a Wipeout fan to the end. The 3G Vita is prepaid for and waiting at Gamestop to release on Wednesday. 2048 released here on Feb. 15th so I've had it sitting and waiting for its Vita.

Qirex RD Pilot to the death! Wipeout forever!

P.S. - Studio Liverpool.....Put the dang racebox back in 2048. I haven't played the game yet, but that is a vital part of Wipeout now. Without it, 2048 isn't living up to its ultimate greatness. Besides that, I thankyou for all the hard work, and continued support, and look forward to future Wipeout games. Keep em' coming!

TheFrostE
21st February 2012, 01:38 AM
Got it, loving it...me and ncr had done great races tonight with people online, was a blast with party chat to so we could talk while racing.

kaori
21st February 2012, 02:53 AM
Already have it (picked it up on the 15th, but haven't played it yet)

I've been a hardcore Wipeout fan since 96'. I've seen all the 2048 videos, and read all the pros and cons of the game. The worst Wipeout to date is Fusion. That is the only game I see as one I can't stand of the series.

2048 is a must buy if you have the money and want to continue to see Wipeout games made in the future. I work for a game studio, and I will tell you fellow fans this, sales of a game grant the studio money and popularity to make more versions of that game. People can whine and moan about 2048's shortcomings all day, but considering SL almost was shut down a couple of years back, I'm just grateful that 2048 was even made. My favorite videogame series of all time continues to get new iterations.

Through thick and thin, I'm a Wipeout fan to the end. The 3G Vita is prepaid for and waiting at Gamestop to release on Wednesday. 2048 released here on Feb. 15th so I've had it sitting and waiting for its Vita.

Qirex RD Pilot to the death! Wipeout forever!

P.S. - Studio Liverpool.....Put the dang racebox back in 2048. I haven't played the game yet, but that is a vital part of Wipeout now. Without it, 2048 isn't living up to its ultimate greatness. Besides that, I thankyou for all the hard work, and continued support, and look forward to future Wipeout games. Keep em' coming!

100% agree with your post.

blackwiggle
21st February 2012, 05:03 AM
[QUOTE=amplificated;212439]What do you hate about it, Yeld? It doesn't play that differently to HD.

No racebox I could safely guess would be the main reason.
No practise = No great times = Yeldars disinterest .....which is Yeldars [among many others] main reason to keep playing, just like a F1 driver.

No practise sessions in a Wipeout game.
Who would of thought somebody at SL would of been that stupid to call this decision.

Dogg Thang
21st February 2012, 09:24 AM

I guess as someone who hasn't quite liked the direction of the last couple of Wipeouts, I disagree with this. I mean, I'm buying it anyway so I'm just talking the principal of it here but buying it to support the series if the series is delivering something you don't like seems self-defeating to me. That is supporting those shortcomings. Validating them.

And yes, SL was almost shut down. And WO has gone through some hard times. Yet always gets resurrected. It's a strong series right down to its core. If a WO game completely bombs, it could kill the series for a while but when it is looked at again, that disaster might prompt a rethink and that could lead to an even better WO. Keep on buying them even if you have many complaints and that will lead to the view that all those things you're complaining about are working just fine and they should keep on doing them.

Boycey83
24th February 2012, 07:58 AM
Got mine yesterday. Totally amazing.

Surely they'll patch in Racebox? It seems like such a ridiculous thing to leave out.

Hacker X
24th February 2012, 11:30 AM
I guess as someone who hasn't quite liked the direction of the last couple of Wipeouts, I disagree with this. I mean, I'm buying it anyway so I'm just talking the principal of it here but buying it to support the series if the series is delivering something you don't like seems self-defeating to me. That is supporting those shortcomings. Validating them.

And yes, SL was almost shut down. And WO has gone through some hard times. Yet always gets resurrected. It's a strong series right down to its core. If a WO game completely bombs, it could kill the series for a while but when it is looked at again, that disaster might prompt a rethink and that could lead to an even better WO. Keep on buying them even if you have many complaints and that will lead to the view that all those things you're complaining about are working just fine and they should keep on doing them.

All that that you just said does not apply to me, because I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the WO's except for "Fusion". I honestly think that a lot of gamers today are just spoiled beyond belief to the point that they raise there expectations to heights that are simply unreachable with a lot of game releases, so when said games finally do come out, it doesn't live up to the expectations and is overly hated on. Granted, there have been a couple of gripes I've had with HD and Fury's ship physics when compared to the older WO's but it wasn't enough for me to not like the games. If you've played games for a long time then you know as well as anyone that games evolve over time. In some ways good for fans, and in some ways that fans may not always like, but you have to try to find the compromise in the evolution of that game to continue to enjoy it, and if you do not, then simply do not play that game anymore.

There aren't too many Anti Gravity games, and as a matter of fact, the only respectable games that exist are the Fzero, and Wipeout series. Wipeout is the one that keeps getting new iterations though so its really the ONLY AG game around for those of us who enjoy the genre. Yes, I don't find every release of the game to be perfect, but if I was looking for perfection then I would hate each release, because these games are not perfect.

Now as I've said before, its one thing if SL releases a WO and doesn't support it or listen to the fans to improve it, but ever since WO PURE, they have improved EVERY WO game with updates, and tweaks as best as their budget (which doesn't seem to be much) allows. The simple fact that HD, and FURY released at $20, and $10 made those games a steal for WO fans as far as I'm concerned.

Now as of Wipeout 2048, which I just started playing 2 days ago, I'm am FLOORED by this game. This IMO is the coolest Wipeout yet, and also the first real next-gen version of WO as HD and FURY were just upgrades of PURE and PULSE tracks. While 2048 does need to be tweaked with the things that people have complained about, mainly a race box, and better online options, this game is still a Wipeout fans dream when it comes to the new graphics, track design, and overall old-school physics feel of the ships. I really like how the ships feel more like WOXL, and W3O's physics once again. HD and Fury, while good games, felt like the ships were kind of on rails. Not really that bad, but they lost some of the "floaty" WO physics that I enjoyed from the old games. Hopefully SL will add the things that are missing to make this WO the best it can be. Here's hoping.

Merz
25th February 2012, 04:42 AM
I've been playing it since the Vita's release, and I am loving it. Graphics, gameplay, and level design are just amazing. It is a must own Vita title.
However, I am disappointed about Racebox not being included, but i am remaining hopeful that they will patch it in.
I still find myself going back to play HD\Fury occasionally though.

MrSmadSmartAlex
2nd March 2012, 08:18 PM
deleted