PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout 2048 DLC for HD?

Sumimasen
17th February 2012, 08:02 AM
Click me! (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/16/sony-incentivizes-vita-cross-play-with-free-ps3-dlc-and-vice-ve/)

Not sure if this is old news or not, but anyone know what this all means? 2048 tracks and ships for HD?

"Wipeout 2048 pilots that already own Wipeout HD and its "HD Fury" pack will receive the Vita DLC versions of both at no charge when they're released this spring."

Interesting...

EDIT: Actually, re-reading it, it sounds like HD and Fury will be downloadable for play in 2048. I thought that functionality was already there though?

EDIT 2: Checked the info on the PlayStation Blog, and it does indeed say that if you own HD and Fury, you will be able to download the HD and Fury DLC packs for Vita when they launch. Maybe Racebox etc will come across also? I imagine it would.

Hacker X
17th February 2012, 09:16 AM
Yeah, from what was posted by Sony yesterday, any DLC you've bought for a PS3 or 2048 game will be transferable if you own that same game on the other system. They just announced HD and FURY coming to Wipeout 2048 later this spring, so since we have already bought those games on the PS3, we will get them for free on Vita for 2048 when it is available.

The Wipeout support keeps coming from SL! That is really cool. Here's hoping that all of the missing features from 2048 also are added soon enough.

siriusglee
18th February 2012, 10:59 PM
Yes.

I want to race in crazy directions, upside-down, sideways other, on my *real* display! In HD!

G-Hob
20th February 2012, 12:54 PM
Bring 2048 to the PS3 where we can play with custom controls at 60fps.

leungbok
20th February 2012, 02:30 PM
Wipeout 2048 is "the" launch title of the psvita (maybe more than uncharted GA), don't expect something appearing on ps3 before at least one year... or never. And as a dlc for wipeout HD, IMO it can't happens. 2048's gameplay is totally different than HD.

kaori
20th February 2012, 05:24 PM
Bring 2048 to the PS3 where we can play with custom controls at 60fps.

Have you thought of the players on PS Vita ? Do you think they want 2048 on PS3 later, or a new WipEout that we can all enjoy ?

siriusglee
25th February 2012, 10:32 AM
Why would they be so mean?

Why would they be so mean as to think, "hey, I only want people that got the same thing as me to get the same thing...as me."

Honestly, why?

leungbok
25th February 2012, 11:13 AM
Honestly, why?
Because psvita deserves exclusivities ! ;)

mangaroo
6th March 2012, 04:39 PM
Since they are charging for the DLC packs for HD and fury for those who don't have it on PS3 I assume they will be more than simply the rest of cross-play maps so we can join in on more games since that is already touted on the back of my box. Unless they have gone nuts (probably under the command of Sony).

This gives me hope for an exhibition mode for the the ps3 tracks! Exactly what I wanted, I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to then mirror it for wipeout 2048 tracks. I hope that is the case, along with some performance and load-time optimisation (and custom controls for those that want it) the game would be rather complete in my eyes. Already a decent product but we know it could be perfect.

Follow that up with some extra tracks and teams as paid DLC and I think you'd have a rather satisfied fanbase.

Next stage 60fps on vita 2 ;).

-by the way, can I expect any Assegai ships to unlock at all? I doubt it since it's not listed but i've got a few tracks left and ranks to go.

Hellfire_WZ
6th March 2012, 04:45 PM
No, Assegai weren't established until 2113.

mangaroo
6th March 2012, 04:52 PM
Perhaps they'll overlook that with the paid DLC.

Hellfire_WZ
6th March 2012, 05:10 PM
I can say with a lot of confidence that it won't happen. Karl and Ami said they're really trying to stay as faithful to the original lore as closely as possible. Granted, Piranha didn't exist as a team in the original game but they did supply airbrakes to AG Systems and Auricom. As a result, a team could be introduced in 2048 as the company already existed.

Dogg Thang
6th March 2012, 05:35 PM
How will they integrate the tracks from HD and Fury without moving beyond 2048 lore? If they can get those tracks in, I can see no reason not to include Assegai. The whole thing (barrel rolls, mag-strips etc) is a huge stretch for pre-WO1 anyway so I can't see how throwing in later teams would make all that much difference.

Hellfire_WZ
6th March 2012, 05:59 PM
HD and Fury are just that, they are not linked to the main 2048 game and are totally separate. In fact, CrossPlay was originally just a tech demo.

Dogg Thang
6th March 2012, 06:14 PM
Okay, so we could still see Assegai in this game as part of the HD/Fury mode then, which would make sense.

Hellfire_WZ
6th March 2012, 06:16 PM
Oh yes, they'll be in the CrossPlay function along with all the other teams, but not in the 2048 campaigns.

Dogg Thang
6th March 2012, 06:21 PM
Wasn't there a suggestion that it would be more than just a CrossPlay function? That the HD/Fury tracks would be DLC for this game (even if that's a separate mode - which obviously would make sense). I may have read too much into it but that's what I took from the announcement that the tracks would be free for people who already had HD and Fury. Did I misinterpret that?

mangaroo
6th March 2012, 06:30 PM
That's correct about being DLC and also free for previous owners. They just haven't mentioned whether those tracks will be coming in a separate mode (I hope) or solely in cross-play as the rest of the tracks required to play online. Like I said earlier since they are charging non-owners I would imagine it to be more that just cross-play since it is already advertised on the retail game. In an interview (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/337485/wipeout-2048-will-get-new-features-new-ways-to-play-in-future/)with playstation magazine they said "New features are going to be added, new ways to play. I can't really talk about that now..."

Thanks for the clarification regarding Assegai, hopefully it will be like Dogg Thang said: part of the hd and fury section.

Hellfire_WZ
6th March 2012, 06:37 PM
When they said DLC for the HD/Fury content, they were referring to the remainder of the tracks/ships becoming available for CrossPlay. It's essentially so owners of HD/Fury won't have to buy the same game twice. I'd imagine "new ways to play" would refer to new modes and options exclusive to 2048 content.

mangaroo
6th March 2012, 06:44 PM
The only reason (other than wishful thinking) I think that may not be entirely only for crossplay is that there was no mention or suggestion that wipeout 2048 owners would be given a sample of tracks for cross-play or a limited selection. They'd be met with surprised customers asking why they have to pay for a feature they were supposed to have with the game, referring to the back of the retail box. It's not like wipeout HD has wipeout2048's tracks for users to be able to cross-play. Well not yet anyway :)

Unless they say that the 4 tracks were the cross-play feature, which technically I suppose they could. It still wouldn't be as bad as Capcom withholding Blanka as DLC in SFxT...anyway!

Dogg Thang
6th March 2012, 07:06 PM
It would seem odd to charge for the CrossPlay function but I guess it's possible. This is something that would be nice to get clarification on as it would be nice to have the HD tracks available for single player at some point.

DarkRacer95
11th March 2012, 04:06 AM
Has anyone seen this? http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/117/1172093p1.html Just curious. It may be old news or false news. I just don't know.

Hellfire_WZ
11th March 2012, 10:39 AM
Written in June 2011. I'd be willing to bet they were trying to predict what would eventually be announced as CrossPlay.