PDA

View Full Version : New Wipeout HD patch

Pages : [1] 2

SoA_Booney
14th February 2012, 07:35 PM
Reza informed me about the new patch and how he has already downloaded it. He tells me that everyone will be reset to level 1, which for many will be annoying but i havent had the update so am wondering what is going on ..

My main guess is that the patch has only been sent to certain places and everyone else will get it soon ...

If you know more please share :)

Edit: airbrake bug has bee fixed, cross play is now enabled and a new setting for 3D TV users and apparently the spectate mode is now even more messed up ... nothing yet on the leaderboards though, which i thought was the main objective of the patch? who knows ..

FirstDave
14th February 2012, 07:59 PM
what the Fluffing eck ! :|

amplificated
14th February 2012, 08:48 PM
The patch was always going to be about cross play. The leaderboards I would imagine are purely server based and should not require a patch of any kind, and as such are not related to this. I'd expect we will hear more about the boards in the next week and a half.

Good to see the airbrake glitch fixed, I'm surprised they even went to any effort on that. Kudos, SL.

Colonel
14th February 2012, 09:18 PM
For f**k's sake, I've nailed it for nearly 2 years to get to rank 82!

Dark_Phantom_89
14th February 2012, 09:31 PM
Online rank reset? I'm not impressed. I'm really not impressed.

:bomb:

Olivario
14th February 2012, 09:37 PM
We are noobs again :g

Azurooth
14th February 2012, 09:50 PM
God damn it, don't understand why that would be necessary

BlackReign
15th February 2012, 02:06 AM
I have also downloaded the update and since then I haven't been able to play online. If what others are saying is true about the ranking reset that F**king blows. Has anyone else downloaded the update and not been about to play online? I email Sony PSN support today and am awaiting a reply.

kaori
15th February 2012, 03:09 AM
Great news.

Darkdrium777
15th February 2012, 03:10 AM
God damn it, don't understand why that would be necessaryDon't want to scare away the noobs on crossplay.

BlackReign
15th February 2012, 03:17 AM
Well, I'm not going to even to try to play online until I hear back from support and suggest that other Wipeout vets do too. Like many of you I've spent many many months ranking up (level 82) and don't want to risk losing all that effort. It seems like they haven't worked out this cross platform stuff. Perhaps testing thoroughly would solve problems like this. Ever thought of that Sony? lol

Colonel
15th February 2012, 12:20 PM
Don't want to scare away the noobs on crossplay.

Well if that's the case then it's a huge error of judgement. When these new players enter a lobby of players who appear to be rank 1 or 2, but who are in fact vastly experienced, they're going to be lapped repeatedly and quit. What could be more disheartening than that?

Personally I think this is a kick in the teeth for anybody who's spent a lot of time playing HD online. I've done over 9,000 races and now it appears that I've not done any. I think WeedJunky deserves a mention too, he was nearly at Overlord with his second account, now both accounts will be reset to rank 1, and for what? So he can appear to be a new player and enjoy 30fps cross-play with Vita players?

Thanks very much SL :-

EvilMijo
15th February 2012, 12:37 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I let it DL before I saw this. What a bunch of croc. Well I'll be the best damn noob I can be.

morfeo378
15th February 2012, 12:47 PM
Well if that's the case then it's a huge error of judgement. When these new players enter a lobby of players who appear to be rank 1 or 2, but who are in fact hugely experienced, they're going to be lapped repeatedly and quit. What could be more disheartening than that?

Personally I think this is a kick in the teeth for anybody who's spent a lot of time playing HD online. I've done over 9,000 races and now it appears that I've not done any. I think WeedJunky deserves a mention too, he was nearly at Overlord with his second account, now both accounts will be reset to rank 1, and for what? So he can appear to be a new player and enjoy 30fps cross-play with Vita players?

Thanks very much SL :-
Agree, but after a lot, lot of hours, and I am indifferent, though it is true that new players will take a lot of surprises with players from level 1 :)

strange that the patch is available in some places and others no

Colonel
15th February 2012, 12:53 PM
USA seems to have got it first. What I want to know is can you bypass the patch but still play, or will it stop you loading the game at all?

Dark_Phantom_89
15th February 2012, 01:10 PM
All patches can be bypassed Colonel, but you'll be signed out of PSN and thus will not have any access to online features.

I suppose that some people will argue that it's a player's name and how well they're known that determines their level of skills, but personally I prefer to see something by way of numbers to show how much time they've put in. Of course, the online rank isn't perfect as it's just based on play time, but it shows a certain level of committment that I really respect. As much as I love HD, I am not sinking another 500 hours into it to reach Rank 101 again. I've done it once and that should be good enough. But now it's not.

Absolutely ridiculous. I am not a happy bunny right now. :-

TwitchySpitfire
15th February 2012, 01:11 PM
I'm noticing the craft react differently than before. The Mirage HD/Fury doesn't bounce as much, thus sticking to the track is more common now. I tested this on a speed lap in Chengou Project offline in Phantom, but I did a Venom race in Anulpha Pass online and noticed no changes (meaning by perception, as I have nothing concrete); Anulpha is also more flat, so I suppose it warrants no variation at Venom. If I'm right to notice any changes, then the variations of a craft's handling in different speed levels seem to have been affected.

Whatever it is I am noticing, I'm actually liking it.

Colonel
15th February 2012, 01:46 PM
DP - You're absolutely right that online rank has little bearing on somebody's skill level, for a number of reasons. But as you say, it shows how much time somebody has spent on the game, to an extent anyway.

And it's the time I've spent, as much as my meagre acheivements, that I'm proud of. Over 900 hours to be precise, around half of that online. God knows I've taken enough stick from my fiance and friends for my HD habit, and not without good reason.

I was really looking forward to reaching Rank 101, not many people have in the grand scheme of things, and it's a badge of recognition that doesn't come easily. I find it galling to have that taken away because of SL's objectives for a new game on a different platform.

What on Earth are they playing at?

EvilMijo
15th February 2012, 02:18 PM
I play as Assegdi, and I'm pretty good with that ship. And in the past week I've been kicking some 101 ass with my rank 39 ship. But today I've been beating people by more the 15 secs that I normally don't beat by that much. So I've been getting hatemail. "you shouldn't be that fast!" "somethings wrong!" I am happy to win big, but no one else is. I guess something maybe wrong with the game itself

Constrictor
15th February 2012, 02:33 PM
I'm currently not sure how to handle this patch.

I'm somewhat proud that I did achieve 101 just by enjoying the game. For me it's a tag of passion, stickiness and love for the game. btw, same goes for all of you who are constantly improving, organizing or just being there for 3 years +

Well, I did 101 some months ago. It was the last 'trophy' I'd like to earn. As my business life recently changed into an 'out of my comfort zone' way I do not have that much playing time left. I'm more or less in a degraded mode. But this will change again.

Now, there is this reset-patch. Might be a good time to take a screenshot of my rank, statistics and stuff, put it on the wall and quit playing WOHD until there is a PS4 with WipEout N3XT or new tracks for WOHD.

On the other hand I still like to race online.

SL - or whoever is responsible for this patch - you suck!

PonyBoy1973
15th February 2012, 02:51 PM
I just installed the patch and have not been able to play online yet. Also, the AI ships never fire their weapons anymore????! WTFrak

Ragsus Maxima
15th February 2012, 03:34 PM
This is a wrong move, Studio Liverpool. Very, very wrong.
I still have the previous patch but because what I'm reading over here, I refuse to install it and lose all my progress.

amplificated
15th February 2012, 03:42 PM
I don't really care about my online rank (can't even remember what I made, maybe 47?), but I didn't mind the badges. Can anyone report whether you lose those or not?

While I don't care about the ranks being reset, I will say I don't see the point in it. It's obvious some people do care; although I don't think it's going to stop any of them from playing.

As for what online rank measures, I wouldn't go so far as to say it shows how long someone has played, rather it only shows a basic idea of how much someone has played online.
Even then, it certainly doesn't show skill levels. I know some players that probably made 101 ten times over and still finished five or more seconds behind me every race.

Colonel
15th February 2012, 04:22 PM
Of course Amp, nobody would argue that a high online rank denotes a high skill level. I regularly get my arse handed to me by players 30 or 40 levels below me. I just think it's a nice badge of how much time you've spent online, and this being a community game, I think that goes hand in hand with it.

BlackReign
15th February 2012, 10:28 PM
Okay, I heard back from Sony support. They suggested that I delete the game and download it again. I did this but still can't access online play with my default PSN account "BlackReign". Whenever I try I get one of two errors; "Error while trying updating the game" or "Can't connect to server". So I emailed one of the Sony forum moderators looking for answers and I'm waiting to hear back. I also reached out to Kirk Hamilton at Kotaku asking if he heard from other players with similar problems. He said no but will keep an eye out.

I read a forum post on the Sony site from someone who says he things there is an issue with the new patch not recognizing previous save data. However, no one answered his question yet. I also checked the PS blog and twitter pages but no info.

I did try creating a second PSN account "BlackReignZero" and was able to connect online after several tries.

I know there's nothing wrong with my PS3 because I can play other online games just fine but can't confirm the issue is tied to the recent 2.40 patch. I believe it is because everything was fine until I updated the game.

If anyone is having similar issues please let me know and reach out to CardinalRose at the Sony forums
http://community.us.playstation.com/people/CardinalRose

or email Kirk Hamilton at Kotaku http://kotaku.com/about#forums

See you on the tracks soon (hopefully)

EvilMijo
16th February 2012, 12:09 AM
Badges are still there, thank goodness.
It's not everyday I get an unbeatable so I'm glad to still have mine.
That sucks that you can't even get online.
Plus whats up with some random players with names like CO-TEHSE-UK-FN or CO-BRIDG-IT-UK.
They hurt the community and sounds like they don't even know it yet.

BlackReign
16th February 2012, 12:25 AM
@EvilMijo

Yeah it does suck. What's really frustrating is that I can't find info about possible fixes be prepared by PSN. A general google search for "Wipeout HD patch 2.40" doesn't yield anything.

Not sure what's up with the random gamer id's.

I did play a few races under my other account a little while ago and the game seems broken or there are serious issues with the servers. I was constantly being hit by invisible weapons or running into invisible bombs. Finally the server kicked me out and I wasn't able to access online again on that account. It kept giving me an error saying "Unable to connect to the game universe" or something like that.

EvilMijo
16th February 2012, 01:24 AM
Oh yeah, that reminds me, E-ZGamer was pm'ing me that he kept getting hit really hard with nothing causing tons of damage. It was just me and him in the race, and I never shot or laid anything for him.

GiraffeRider
16th February 2012, 06:26 PM
I don't think I ever noticed anything wrong with my airbrakes. What was the bug they fixed?

Darkdrium777
16th February 2012, 07:45 PM
It was a critical flaw of the physics engine, but it doesn't matter anymore.

GiraffeRider
16th February 2012, 08:36 PM
Could you drop me a link to a post explaining it? I won't be installing this update anytime soon, so I'm quite interested in knowing what's wrong.

Darkdrium777
16th February 2012, 08:59 PM
No, I will not.

Aeroracer
16th February 2012, 09:36 PM
This patch sounds like a pile of poo.

Why bother reseting rank unless there were hidden benifits to high rank such as faster top speeds etc, which according to team SL did not exist.

Rank as a number is important to a newbie player only when you are familiar with the game and its regular players does the rank lose its meaning.
Rank meant nothing to me as I played the game for over a year and I knew all the players here and knew who is good and who was crap.

But to a newbie player and all these vita noobs who will soon be online in wipeout they will not have a clue who is who, all they will assume is wipeout is full up with apparent cheaters and fake accounts pretending to be beginners which apparently can win by 30 seconds yet are rank one.

Thats the sad reality for a new player who knows nothing about the game.

Also for those players who already stated how much time they put in to achieve rank 101 and lost all there time like kgb for example , i feel for them and understand the frustration and think it is unfair to just do this.

Its a really dumb thing to for team SL unless there were hidden reasons they are not letting onto.

EvilMijo
16th February 2012, 10:07 PM
So I played for an hour today, and have come up with a theory about the phantom damage. If your in top 3 you won't get shot. Below that and it's like 5 people behind you getting more X's then the track even has.Even if you are in last place. I thought maybe the vita people are in the game, but we can't see them, but I was in a full 8 player, flying in last because I kept getting hit by a rocket or machine gun. Plus twice someone shot me backwards with a plasma and leech beam. WTF, hahaha. I miss my old Wipeout.

Who the hell is shooting me?!?!?!

Hacker X
16th February 2012, 11:48 PM
I'm sure that the stats were reset due to the Wipeout 2048 players starting from scratch. No biggie. Gives us more reason to play Wipeout over, and over, and over.

MegaGeeza22
17th February 2012, 03:31 AM
What patch? i just had a few races online and there was no patch... and im still rank 50.
Has the patch actually gone live yet? im confused.

mic-dk
17th February 2012, 05:12 AM
I thought maybe the vita people are in the game, but we can't see them, but I was in a full 8 player

What? Is that supposed to be like that - that you can't see Vita players in HD?

Regarding the patch, it kinda irks me that HD is being treated like no more than a plug-in for 2048. Is the reason for resetting everyones rank really just to make it seem like everyone in 2048 is starting out fresh?

I can't quite make it out, are the leaderboards fixed with the patch?

GiraffeRider
17th February 2012, 06:12 AM
I think a member of this forum contacted Sony about the leaderboard thing and was told that it'd be fixed soon. Of course, we can't very well check that if the update breaks the game.

No, I will not.Fair enough I guess. Could anyone else let me in, unless it's a cheat or some sort of insider secret? I did a couple searches and didn't find squat, and it's quite bugging me now - I've been playing this for 50-60 hours without noticing anything wrong.

goddessloviatar
17th February 2012, 06:43 AM
Had a go last night after seeing this thread- apart from a ps3 system update no sign of a patch and I could play online normally...
Surely a patch would have to be applied worldwide all at once for network play?
A few odd things were going on though- I spectated on someone else's race, changing the camera seemed to reset the players craft to the starting grid (hope I didn't trash someone's race) and loading times were a bit erratic but otherwise everything was as normal, no sign of fixed leaderboards..
I think it's a bit harsh to reset everyone's rank if that's the case- before reading this thread I hadn't realised just how many hours were required to reach 80+ on the rankings.

Autechom
17th February 2012, 09:01 AM
Hm, yesterday evening I still got my rank. But there was a player who seemed to stand still during the race, then all of a sudden was a ahead of me , though no craft overtook me. Then back at 7th place, then finished half a second behind me as third...O_o ?! and so on..strange...Actually never saw him though I should have according to this..how do you call it...rank list on the right...
But yeah, I am pissed to lose my rank. And I am even more pissed to know the most dedicated players with rank 101 or something near will lose it as well!

Why the f***, SL?

Dark_Phantom_89
17th February 2012, 09:20 AM
I'm sure that the stats were reset due to the Wipeout 2048 players starting from scratch. No biggie. Gives us more reason to play Wipeout over, and over, and over.

I respectfully disagree.

It may not be a big deal to those who didn't have a high rank, but for players like myself who put in 500 hours to reach Rank 101, it's a massive issue. I just cannot begin to even fathom what moron thought that resetting the online rank would be a good idea. So what if it's for the new players in 2048? Tough, they should have played HD first. I guess it's pretty trivial for most people, and it is indeed just a number, but it's the principal of the matter and what that number represents. We've just been given the proverbial middle finger by SL and frankly, I expected better from them. Much better.

I won't lie, my faith in this game has been tested, and I'm seriously considering jacking it in altogether.

leungbok
17th February 2012, 09:35 AM
If they reset the stupid ranking system that used to works for wipeout HD (based on how much you play, even if you stay on venom races or eliminator :rolleyes:) to replace it with a more accurate system (maybe same as 2048 if it's a better one), it's a good thing !!

Dark_Phantom_89
17th February 2012, 10:04 AM
I still think that they should have kept the rankings separate. That way, the HD players can remain happy with the rank that they've already got, and the Vita ones can enjoy ranking up on the new system (if there is one. Personally I think it's the same as HD.)

But no, they can't do that because that would be the sensible thing to do.

:bomb:

siriusglee
17th February 2012, 10:18 AM
Trying it out now. From the basic looks of things (everything reset, paucity of online matches), it looks like Wipeout HD has been retired, and the client on PS3 (which I paid good money for) now only serves as a kind of interface to let Vita players play online with any suckers still waiting for a game on the PS3 version.

Edit: Also it shows that everyone's headset is on, in the game lobby, even though I know mine isn't.
What a trashily put-together patch this is.

MiguelSkywalker
17th February 2012, 11:16 AM
No, I will not.
I don't want to bring back the glitch topic, but please, I need someone to confirm that whatever people could do to cheat is no longer possible because of this last patch.
I want to see the day when I can play WOHD knowing that fair play is guaranteed and leaderboards are not trashed.

SoA_Booney
17th February 2012, 11:47 AM
there was a bug that could be done by airbaraking and boosting at the same time. this was used by mizwiz for some of his times as he found it but it was kept quiet to stop people using it. at least it cant be done now :P

Constrictor
17th February 2012, 12:29 PM
If they reset the stupid ranking system that used to works for wipeout HD (based on how much you play, even if you stay on venom races or eliminator :rolleyes:) to replace it with a more accurate system (maybe same as 2048 if it's a better one), it's a good thing !!

Here we are again: l33t behavior! You, esp. you don't need that -IMO. This 'ranking' system was discussed years ago and found not to be a ranking system at all - as in 'skill ranking' -for whatever skill you wanted to show-off; Venom, or zone or phantom MP ... Rankin as is skill might be possible with a working and serviced leaderboards.

It's just a metric for time being online. And yes, I want to show-off with my "rank".

Peace!

btw, no patch in Europe / Germany on Wedensday. Online was possible, though, no leaderboard fixes and nothing else suspicious. Nice races imre :)

siriusglee
17th February 2012, 01:05 PM
@Constrictor:
I played a few games from the US with yes_sheepgirl, and then my rank was set to like, 2 or something lame like that.

I was also trying to grok Twisted Metal online issues, and somehow, some general PSN lapse at the time, so I'm sorry if this seems a little disconcerted. I'm coming down from thinking it's a big mistake by David Jaffe down to pinpointing the problem with Studio Liverpool itself.

Nobody is online, except...people *are* actually online. Just we have different patches.

These are the reasons SONY needs to re-evaluate it's regional distribution mechanisms. Because they are increasingly irrelevant and increasingly imprecise.

Darkdrium777
17th February 2012, 01:17 PM
I don't want to bring back the glitch topic, but please, I need someone to confirm that whatever people could do to cheat is no longer possible because of this last patch.It is fixed in 2048. This patch fixes it for HD Fury.
And yes it was a cheat, that's why I am not telling.

Back on topic, the patch seems to have deployed to Canada as I now get update notifications when I start the game. I can't say for sure that it resets the ranks though because I haven't agreed to the PSN terms of service in over a year and thus can't go online.

EvilMijo
17th February 2012, 01:56 PM
I would like to claim, SHENANIGANS!

DreamyElf
17th February 2012, 02:57 PM
While personally I don't care much about the online ranking, I find the ranking resetting a completely unacceptable and meaningless thing to do.

I have many friends that hit the 101(or are pretty high) rank and I feel for them. Many of them dedicated months -if not years- to reach this ranking (which to some of them it's a huge thing) and it's wrong to just take this achievement from them...

For example, I'm not a huge fan of trophies but it took me 1 year to get the platinum in GT5. Now, if suddenly someone decided to reset that -for no reason- I would be really disappointed. That's what's happening here and I can totally sympathize with my friends.

Bad move from SL that shows that they don't give a crap about the hardcore loyal fans who kept all these years the servers -the online community- alive.

Sony really knows how (and tries hard) to disappoint their customers these last few years( and that's coming from a loyal Sony fan...) :(

leungbok
17th February 2012, 03:29 PM
@constrictor and DreamyElf, i agree that reseting the rankings is a bad decision from Sony, but i wanted to explain that it's not that important !!
People here knows who are the good pilots, no matter what their online rank is !
when Dark-Phantom and others lead races against pretty good pilots by 5 sec or more, it's far more impressive and an achievement than any 101 b****hit number ! ;)

Darkdrium777
17th February 2012, 03:45 PM
Sony really knows how (and tries hard) to disappoint their customers these last few years (and that's coming from a loyal Sony fan...) :(They've done it enough times that I personally can't let it slide anymore.

EvilMijo
17th February 2012, 04:03 PM
Advice for those semi-noobs out there. Yes on campaign mode AI ships does not shoot back. Go get that all gold trophy you could never get before.

BlackReign
17th February 2012, 04:40 PM
@ MegaGeeza, this patch has not been deployed outside of North America yet. I still cannot play online since this SH!%%* patch was put out. I routinely see people in my friends list in the Euro Zone and Oceania playing online but can't join them. I get errors whenever I try.

Regarding the rank reset, it's sucks and makes no sense. Sure, us experienced players know who's good or not. But I consider my rank as a badge of honor. Why reset player who've been playing this for years. I've been playing Wipeout in the PS 1 in 1995. I bought HD a couple weeks after it came out in 2008 (the good ol' days) and spent tons of time playing online with guys like Yeildar, Tarquin Farquar, Danterich, and many other great racers.

Before this stupid patch I was at level 82 and have put almost 500 hours in to the game! Since I can't connect to online play because of the patch I can't yet confirm that my rank has been reset.

I read a forum on the PSN site that said Vita users were not able to play Fury tracks online with PS3 players and that the option was greyed out.

Is there anyone here that can reach out to Sony or SL to see what's going on? Perhaps one of the moderators? Doing a web search for "Wipeout HD patch 2.40" yields nothing and likely won't until it out over in Europe. Earlier in this thread I posted a link to Kirk Hamilton's email at Kotaku asking if he could look into the matter. At the time he hadn't heard anything about the issue with this patch. Those of you in North America having problems should probably email him. It may provoke him to look into the issue. I think I may email IGN too. Contacting Sony is pointless.

Constrictor
17th February 2012, 05:47 PM
@Constrictor:
I played a few games from the US with yes_sheepgirl, and then my rank was set to like, 2 or something lame like that.
[..]

:blarg Just to clarify. When you logged in to PSN-or-something after starting WOHD you were asked to install a patch to race online, right? After that, well, doom happened.

I may fire up WOHD later and see if there is any patch available in Euroland or Germany - which I won't install for the time being.

@leungbok: I see and I accept that rank isn't important - for YOU. Please accept that it is (or was) important for me.

BlackReign
17th February 2012, 06:01 PM
@Constrictor

Please let us know if you are prompted to install the patch. I think the issue may have to do with save data. The patch doesn't seem to be recognizing previous save data because I can play with another account that had save data.

JABBERJAW
17th February 2012, 06:23 PM
Maybe they should reset the records, and only new records should be allowed, BECAUSE I bet they reset the ships handling to be perhaps like 2048 ( bug fix), which might slow down the records a bit. I will need to play it later to see if there are similarities. Also, are the ships on 2048 HD SHIPS or 2048 ships? If we are playing HD with 2048 ships, I would expect issues.

leungbok
17th February 2012, 06:25 PM
accept that it is (or was) important for me.

Oh, i accept that !

Autechom
17th February 2012, 06:55 PM
Hey guys!
Just a couple of minutes ago I received this comment on facebook from "Wipeout 2048" (yes, official) in rely to my complaint:
"Wipeout 2048 The ranking reset is temporary , don't worry we will be restoring them soon :)"

So let´s hope for the best. Sadly, they didn´t comment on my comment about choosing the race type during online play.

lanceurdehache
17th February 2012, 07:19 PM
Am i the only one that since that patch the game freeze a lot of time and i have to restart the PS3 ?

edit : now that i think of it, the game seem to froze when i try to go online or when i complete a race (maybe it froze when it tries to update the leaderboard)

BlackReign
17th February 2012, 07:54 PM
@lanceurdehache

No. It happens just as frequently with me as well.

Hey guys!
Just a couple of minutes ago I received this comment on facebook from "Wipeout 2048" (yes, official) in rely to my complaint:
"Wipeout 2048 The ranking reset is temporary , don't worry we will be restoring them soon :)"

So let´s hope for the best. Sadly, they didn´t comment on my comment about choosing the race type during online play.

I just left a comment on the same FB thread about the issues with HD.

Constrictor
17th February 2012, 08:16 PM
I fired up my PS3, wohd and tried to get online. first thing was that i needed a system update to 4.11 to do that. I did that. After the system update done everything is fine. meesiash is hosting a phantom race I'll join now. Andybob and t-zig are there,too. nice :hyper

edit: back again, that was really short, i sucked but it was still fun. and yes, no patch for the time being.

BlackReign
17th February 2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks. Seems the patch is still not yet available out where you are.

Colonel
18th February 2012, 03:56 PM
Just saw this comment on the 2048 facebook page:

Woohoo!

Azurooth
18th February 2012, 03:58 PM
Agreed, happy happy joy joy.

EvilMijo
18th February 2012, 04:09 PM
I hope so.

siriusglee
18th February 2012, 06:21 PM
Yes, I was *prompted*.

I did my job and hit the 'x' button. What a mistake that was.

Ragsus Maxima
18th February 2012, 06:22 PM
Ooohh... :) So it was just a temporary action. By the skin of my (our) teeth...

But on the other hand, they should have said that way earlier. :/

lanceurdehache
18th February 2012, 08:24 PM
I just noticed maybe it is not from this patch but the voice of the girl in "Le night Dominator" song has been removed

siriusglee
18th February 2012, 10:13 PM
there was a bug that could be done by airbaraking and boosting at the same time. this was used by mizwiz for some of his times as he found it but it was kept quiet to stop people using it. at least it cant be done now :P

A lot of times, the PS3 Dual Shock's shoulder buttons can tend to fail, due to employees at Foxconn that may feel over-burdened and thus manufacture a faulty spring.

What I'm saying is, mizwiz may not have known he/she was exploiting the defect while he/she was doing it.

amplificated
18th February 2012, 10:44 PM
Rofl.

edit: this has been done to death, I'd rather this conversation not be brought up again since it holds zero potential value other than as a reminder of how unintended consequences can arise when writing game code. +1 vote to leave the uninitiated hanging when they ask what the airbrake bug was.

JABBERJAW
18th February 2012, 11:59 PM
I cannot go online now, is this from that damn patch? I click online, it pretends to load, then stays on the same screen with no message.

TwitchySpitfire
19th February 2012, 01:32 AM
Jabber, have you checked for any PS3 updates? I too was experiencing the "freezing" at the dialogue menu. However, I received the WipEout patch before 4.11. After patching the console to 4.11, the dialogue menu ceased to freeze.

Yet, I'm now getting actual system freezes and strange in-race bugs online that include getting hit by a random weapon with no source. I have to admit, I'm feeling a little drained from the whole situation like others.

MyNameIsBom
19th February 2012, 05:25 AM
I still have the 2.10 update :D which is a good thing.... right?

Archon
19th February 2012, 09:28 AM
I just noticed maybe it is not from this patch but the voice of the girl in "Le night Dominator" song has been removed

This had better be a joke. I break time trial records because of her.

amplificated
19th February 2012, 10:15 AM
I never once heard that song while playing Fury, and I wasn't using a custom playlist until a fair while after completing the campaign... Wondered what the hell "le Night Dominator" was when I downloaded the OST, and well, let's just say if I had heard it, I would have been using a custom playlist much, much sooner.

Hellfire_WZ
19th February 2012, 10:33 AM
Does anyone have any video footage of these bugs? Might be easier for SL to work on if we can see the sort of stuff that's happening rather than a description. The patch hasn't been released here yet so I can't do it.

BlackReign
19th February 2012, 05:53 PM
I'll try to record something tonight or tomorrow and upload it to youtube. I still can't play online and SL has not replied to my comments on the Wipeout 2048 page on facebook.

Hellfire_WZ
19th February 2012, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I saw your post there and flagged it up to them as well. That would be very useful.

BlackReign
21st February 2012, 03:11 AM
I created three videos showing some of the issues with Wipeout HD since patch 2.40 in North America. Check them out when you have a moment. Sorry in advance for redundant language in some of them. I was really tired while putting these together. lol

Online Access Restricted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eddk4z3NQrI

Invisible Weapons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRw0Vauch5M

A.I Not Fighting Back in Racebox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpAV4h4NKLA

docfo4r
21st February 2012, 04:20 AM
Man, that sucks! I hope SL can fix that up soon.

Hellfire_WZ
21st February 2012, 06:51 AM
Thanks, I'll pass those on to Karl later

BlackReign
23rd February 2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks for passing them along. I sent you a message on YouTube saying that but wasn't sure if you got it. Others have been posting comments reporting similar issues and SL commented on all 3 videos. One reply stated that the online access issue should be resolved but it wasn't. I hope this all gets sorted soon. Now I know what a drug addict feels like when going through withdrawal. If I could only inject Wipeout into my veins. lol

Colonel
23rd February 2012, 08:06 PM
Well done for making these BlackReign, hope SL fix these issues quickly.

BlackReign
24th February 2012, 03:21 AM
Thanks. I hope they do too.

Light Buster
25th February 2012, 04:27 AM
What's worse is that the AI is not firing weapons, even on Elite Difficulty.

Dusk118
25th February 2012, 08:59 AM
Hey guys, if you want my opinion, I say just chill out. From what I've seen, SL is nowhere near abandoning this game, so just be patient, let them work out the bugs, and you'll be online again in no time. Keep sending them feedback, and they will address what you have noticed.

EvilMijo
2nd March 2012, 04:25 AM
Oh, I've only raced offline, until today.
The Bots don't shoot on Eliminator, not fun.
Or Zone Battle, bunch of lame bots to scared to take me on I guess.

WarioIIDX
2nd March 2012, 05:48 PM
the worst update ever, i have a lot of problems, but i can play online with 0 problems, but the ships don't attack in every race and yesterday, i experimented the "invisible weapons", THIS SUCKS!!! , i want my old wipeout hd

feisar rocket
2nd March 2012, 10:09 PM
I hate this... I got bombarded by plasmas! 5 I guess...

Hellfire_WZ
3rd March 2012, 11:02 AM
Patch 2.50 is in development, which will fix all AI and online problems introduced in 2.40

Now can some of you stop getting your knickers in a twist?

docfo4r
3rd March 2012, 02:45 PM
Maybe a dumb question, but do I have to update it manually somehow? I still have update 2.10 even my PS3 is always online...

Hellfire_WZ
3rd March 2012, 03:52 PM
2.40 wasn't released in Europe due to the rampant issues with it.

yeldar2097
3rd March 2012, 04:10 PM
All dat quality control.

Don't suppose you know anything about the leaderboards do you Hellfire? Got a few people waiting in line for infos. I keep getting fobbed off with the same nonsense so I haven't really made much progress as far any details concerned.

Hellfire_WZ
3rd March 2012, 04:23 PM
No idea to be honest, all I know about the new patch is that it'll fix the 2.40 problems.

Here's all the updates so far on problems and fixes
http://www.facebook.com/notes/wipeout-2048/assistance-with-wipeout/296415437091069

Colonel
3rd March 2012, 05:28 PM
All dat quality control.

Don't suppose you know anything about the leaderboards do you Hellfire? Got a few people waiting in line for infos. I keep getting fobbed off with the same nonsense so I haven't really made much progress as far any details concerned.

Yeah I've not bothered getting back in touch with Sony either. They'll be working on it I guess, things have clearly gone properly tits up with many aspects of HD and 2048.

And Hellfire, I don't think people are getting their knickers in a twist. USA players have had HD ruined by this patch, I don't blame them for being pissed off. If it were me I'd be struggling to be civil about it to be honest, I think the reaction of USA players on here has been pretty grounded.

WarioIIDX
3rd March 2012, 05:40 PM
in europe this patch aren't released?... lucky bastards xD!, in america this patch kill the game (the ships in eliminator don't attack, invisible weapons, online problems, today this affected me, and don't attack in racebox offline)
well, i'm waiting with a lot of patience the update 2.50

Hellfire_WZ
3rd March 2012, 06:00 PM
And Hellfire, I don't think people are getting their knickers in a twist. USA players have had HD ruined by this patch, I don't blame them for being pissed off. If it were me I'd be struggling to be civil about it to be honest, I think the reaction of USA players on here has been pretty grounded.

I should have clarified. I don't blame anyone for being pissed off about the patch, but it's the complete overreaction to having to wait for it that I was referring to, by post here as well as by PM. As though SL were just going to leave the game like this. Granted, I'm not referring to many here, but it's the lack of patience when it comes to fixing these things that is irritating. Thngs like that are not quick fixes, and once they are flagged up and acknowledged all we can do it wait.

Anyway, it's being fixed now so hopefully normal service will be resumed soon.

squareballref
4th March 2012, 02:50 PM
I haven't heard a thing about this until now. They must be rolling it out still. That rank reset is a kick in the teeth for the loyal players. Seems like an undercooked idea.

Vlitzertron
4th March 2012, 04:21 PM
with my game Wipeout HD PSN I have purchased in rank 2 again after downloading the patch,
but in my blueray I'm rank 88, but game rooms in europe not USA

amplificated
4th March 2012, 06:02 PM
I haven't heard a thing about this until now. They must be rolling it out still. That rank reset is a kick in the teeth for the loyal players. Seems like an undercooked idea.

Wow. Read the thread. It's going to be fixed.

yeldar2097
4th March 2012, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the update Hellfire, good to know that issues have at least been acknowledged, since any comments about the leaderboards have thus far been met with flat denial or similar.

Maybe a video of dodgy leaderboards in order? ;)

Dusk118
5th March 2012, 08:10 AM
Patch 2.50 is in development, which will fix all AI and online problems introduced in 2.40

Now can some of you stop getting your knickers in a twist?
Please? I already suggested you people chill. See my last post in this thread.

jaminjack
5th March 2012, 07:16 PM
Just be wait and everything's going to be fixed. Sony would never let wipeout he die a slow death.

Well I've got. News for you. Sure looks to me that they're more interested in money. Psn down to fix a boot loader problem so people couldn't load games they already paid for on different Sony platform. They already have their money out of wipeout HD. Sony lost another billion dollars.

Has anybody seen a public response about wipeout HD acknollowging the problem. I've googled it and just see wipout zone complaints. Nothing from Sony.

Don't get your panties in a twist they will fix it. HORSE$HIT

Dark_Phantom_89
5th March 2012, 07:25 PM
I remember reading how people with different patches couldn't connect to each other online, although I've been playing people with the US flag. Can anyone please confirm for me what's going on with regards to this?

Thanks.

Hellfire_WZ
5th March 2012, 07:36 PM
DP - That has always been the case as far as I'm aware when a new patch is released. You could only play against people with the same version of the game as you, stops any conflicts.

And jaminjack, I have already provided a link to a technical assistance thread for 2048 and HD where SL have acknowledged the issues with 2.40 and have confirmed a fix is on the way in 2.50. They also commented on the videos that were posted detailing the issues. You'd have known that if you'd have bothered to read the rest of the thread.

And I've never been known for talking "horsesh*t" in the 10 years I've been on this site.

Dark_Phantom_89
5th March 2012, 07:50 PM
DP - That has always been the case as far as I'm aware when a new patch is released. You could only play against people with the same version of the game as you, stops any conflicts.

That's what I thought too, but I've seen pilots with the US flag in the same lobby as me without their ranks reset. I can't work it out.

jaminjack
5th March 2012, 08:31 PM
I read it. I've been sending emails to sl & Sony, still haven't received a response. That's a pretty cheesy Facebook page Looks more like an amature did it not sl.
Remember WipEout® HD
www.wipeouthd.com/
The Official Site for Wipeout ® HD on PLAYSTATION®3: featuring trailers, screenshots, game features, ...
Sure looked professional huh. Compared to that rinky peice of Facebook trash.

Dusk118
8th March 2012, 04:10 AM
All I gotta say is
My previous comments still stand.

Danterich
8th March 2012, 12:59 PM
That's what I thought too, but I've seen pilots with the US flag in the same lobby as me without their ranks reset. I can't work it out.

You probably met PAL-players racing on their (second) US-account ;)

EvilMijo
9th March 2012, 08:58 PM
LOL at the Haters gonna Hate!

I miss WO so much that I will bare the annoyances and just F***ing Play.
And I am having fun again, now I see others trying too.^^
But the new rule is, Get 1st place right away.
If your 1st, you can be a God and 2nd may fall 10 to 15 secs behind.
2nd place does not feel the weapons but is slow(sometimes).
3rd feels the hits but is manageable, and if your any further then that, then your gonna get shot by no one, DAHAHAHA!

And with that said, it's been a bunch of 1 vs 1 play!

Can you get 1st before he does!

I hope the patch comes soon.

Oh and can anybody else play with their FL players.
They are the only people I can't find in games, even though I see them playing WO, and it says where they are but I just cannot join them.
I'm just kicking random peoples asses.

Light Buster
11th March 2012, 09:10 PM
I miss WO so much that I will bare the annoyances and just F***ing Play.
And I am having fun again, now I see others trying too.^^

That's what I would say. :)

Which reminds me, does anyone know when the 2.5 patch will be released?

UberNe
12th March 2012, 02:19 AM
Im having trouble after installing the patch. When I try to play in racebox eliminator, and I set the difficulty to Elite. When I play, all the other ships play as if they were in novice. I've doubled checked countless times that I was playing in elite, even after I finished the race and it asked me to race again under elite, it does the same thing. I've tried re installing but still prompts me to install the patch before I start playing.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions? Novice difficulty is so boring T.T

Thanks.

Light Buster
12th March 2012, 02:21 AM
@UberNe There's a bug in the game when the AI doesn't fight back at all. Studio Liverpool is looking into this right away and will have the 2.5 patch to fix it soon.

EvilMijo
12th March 2012, 02:37 AM
@UberNe, Ha read this thread before you find more things that are wrong :)

UberNe
12th March 2012, 04:04 AM
@UberNe There's a bug in the game when the AI doesn't fight back at all. Studio Liverpool is looking into this right away and will have the 2.5 patch to fix it soon.

Cool, thanks!

BlackReign
13th March 2012, 08:03 PM
Hello all.

I noticed that the 2.5 patch seems to be available now. I saw another thread on it with only one comment but I thought I'd post my findings with the patch here since this thread was longer/older.
When I started the game it asked me to acknowledge and accept the new 2.5 patch and stated it would correct the following.

WipEout HD Patch 2.50 information

- Spectate mode fixed
- AI firing weapons bug fixed
- Incorrect weapon damage bug fixed
- Various Bug Fixed

Strangely the game did not prompt me to download anything. I received several PSN messages from other players saying the same thing.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have corrected much. I still cannot access online play with my regular PSN account. I played 4 racebox races against the AI on elite and they did fire at me in one race. However, it was only twice in the same race with cannons. I was also the only ship fired on and the AI didn't fight each other. Weird. Anyone else in the US have the similar issues since the new 2.5 patch or success with it? I got a bunch of PSN messages from people who saw my youtube vidz detailing the issues with the 2.4 patch saying the 2.5 patch hasn't corrected anything.

*Sorry for the redundant post below. Either the site or my connection timed out and created a duplicate post. If one of the admins could delete it that would be great.

BlackReign
13th March 2012, 08:04 PM
Hello all.

I noticed that the 2.5 patch seems to be available now. I saw another thread on it with only one comment but I thought I'd post my findings with the patch here since this thread was longer/older.
When I started the game it asked me to acknowledge and accept the new 2.5 patch and stated it would correct the following.

WipEout HD Patch 2.50 information

- Spectate mode fixed
- AI firing weapons bug fixed
- Incorrect weapon damage bug fixed
- Various Bug Fixed

Strangely the game did not prompt me to download anything. I received several PSN messages from other players saying the same thing.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have corrected much. I still cannot access online play with my regular PSN account. I played 4 racebox races against the AI on elite and they did fire at me in one race. However, it was only twice in the same race with cannons. I was also the only ship fired on and the AI didn't fight each other. Weird. Anyone else in the US have the similar issues since the new 2.5 patch or success with it? I got a bunch of PSN messages from people who saw my youtube vidz detailing the issues with the 2.4 patch saying the 2.5 patch hasn't corrected anything.

FirstDave
13th March 2012, 08:14 PM
Hi.I was just curious as if anyone has gone to the news tab in the menu and opened it.That should show the most recent update available and maybe downloadable there ?

mobory
13th March 2012, 11:07 PM
me to i got the message about the update but didn't get a download.

MyNameIsBom
14th March 2012, 09:27 AM
Funny thing is that i never even got the 2.40 Update, and today i didnt get a message informing me about the 2.50 Update.

So am i stuck on the 2.10(?) update forever?

Colonel
14th March 2012, 09:37 AM
Don't knock it Bom, you're better off without it. When they're releasing patches for patches you know things have gone tits up.

Hellfire_WZ
14th March 2012, 04:32 PM
The 2048 tech support page still has the 2.50 release as TBA. Not sure why the patch notes are out, but if nothing is being downloaded, the game has not been patched

kingjuno23
15th March 2012, 07:20 AM
I got the message with the 2.50 patch and while it seems that I downloaded it, I'm still rank 1 and I still ran into an invisible bomb. I really hate to say it especially since this is the first time I've logged into wipeoutzone in like a year, but i'm done with WOHD if i have to go back to square one. I just don't have it in me. And I love that ****ing game. On another note, what was the airbrake bug that was supposedly fixed? never had a problem with mine...

scarfrogers
15th March 2012, 09:25 PM
I haven't got a message or update to 2.50 yet. What I really hope is that the global records get updated with times. I have spent a lot of time getting into top10 for flash speed laps on a few tracks and kinda thinking whats the point if the times don't get published.

I don't mind starting again at rank 1 (although I'm only ~50ish, would no doubt think differently if epic like WeedJunky) IF the global records get updated.

I love the game and it is really fun (and some great pilots - you know who you are!) but there is only so much frustration a pilot can take with these updates.

onlykpop
18th March 2012, 04:24 AM
Just for the record. I have already recieved the 2.50 patch and it fixed nothing..... :( And trust me, i am frustrated beyond a level of frustration i didn't think i could reach.

traksta1
20th March 2012, 11:40 AM
Five weeks, no fix. Some patch this is going to be. Maybe.......to quote alecsandr the meercat, "ima worries".

Pez88
20th March 2012, 07:14 PM
Is the 2.40 update not allowing people online? I went online for the first time since the summer and there were only 2 or 3 servers up with 1-3 people in them.

jaminjack
20th March 2012, 09:36 PM
I still haven't received an email from Sony or Sl. No surprise!
Still haven’t fixed wipeout HD and they are not about to. No money in it.
Oh and btw anyone else noticed you can't look backwards, no rear camera.

PS3 is not going to get the 2048 tracks or any new tracks.

Sony has dropped the ball trying to make Vita compatible with the PS3.
There is no way it can compete with the raw power of the cell processor.
1.) PS Vita uses AMD quad core processor 170 Billion calculations a second.
2.) PS3 uses Cell 8 core processor 1.3 trillion calculations a second.
Sony is only interested in MONEY. They are losing billions.

Apple IPAD would have been a better purchase than the Sony Vita.
As the major companies find, putting their games on the IPAD is easier, and more enjoyable.
The consoles and portables are going the way of the PC.
Microsoft announced they aren’t coming out with a new XBOX.
Sony PS4 never going to happen. even when 4K tv comes out.
Sony never followed through with PS3 being the all-around multimedia computer for the home.
They even removed LYNUX from the ps3.
It’s only a matter of time until wipeout appears on the IPAD or other tablets as their processors get better.
Sayonara さようなら SONY

BlackReign
21st March 2012, 02:27 AM
Just for the record. I have already recieved the 2.50 patch and it fixed nothing..... :( And trust me, i am frustrated beyond a level of frustration i didn't think i could reach.

So you actually were able to downloaded and install it?

BlackReign
21st March 2012, 02:29 AM
Is the 2.40 update not allowing people online? I went online for the first time since the summer and there were only 2 or 3 servers up with 1-3 people in them.

That's right and I'm one of them, which is why I put the youtube videos up on patch 2.4. The only way I can play online is with another PSN account. I don't understand why they just don't roll back this stupid patch and return the game to normal. As traksta1 pointed out it's been 5 weeks already.

EvilMijo
21st March 2012, 04:28 PM
May not be your fav, but Zone battles are not affected.
Had some good times with a bunch of peeps.

WarioIIDX
22nd March 2012, 02:59 AM
the patch is a lie... why sony??, why!!!, the patch 2.40 ruins my online experience, i can' entrace to friend races, i choose comunnity and online magically die... becouse this i can't obtain the bling brigade trophie T_T

Light Buster
24th March 2012, 05:56 PM
Just for the record. I have already recieved the 2.50 patch and it fixed nothing....

The notes are out but the patch itself is not. Don't know why the note even exist in this case...

WarioIIDX
26th March 2012, 07:21 PM
no patch ... i need this, i hate all those bugs...

Dusk118
27th March 2012, 03:09 AM
Meh, I can live with them for now. After all, it gives me a chance to practice my Speed Laps.

yeldar2097
27th March 2012, 06:10 PM
...then not see the results due to the leaderboards still being borked...still :rolleyes:

I shall give them a ring tomorrow, see what's up.

Nutcase:259
27th March 2012, 06:56 PM
So ive started up wipeout for the first time in 3 months and didnt get prompted to download either of these patches :? i guess this means i cant play online at the moment.
did they stop making people download the patch cause they knew it was fked or something?

BlackReign
27th March 2012, 08:41 PM
Please do. This has been going on long enough. I haven't gotten any replies from SL on the videos I posted since the day after I uploaded them weeks ago.

...then not see the results due to the leaderboards still being borked...still :rolleyes:

I shall give them a ring tomorrow, see what's up.

BlackReign
27th March 2012, 08:43 PM
You be right but no one knows for sure because SL hasn't said anything. By the way the 2.4 patch that spawned all the issues was only available in North America.

So ive started up wipeout for the first time in 3 months and didnt get prompted to download either of these patches :? i guess this means i cant play online at the moment.
did they stop making people download the patch cause they knew it was fked or something?

ZixXer
28th March 2012, 06:21 PM
Im still on a old version, and i have no clue on how to update it.
the old patches always asked me hey if you want to play online install me. but now i can just go online and there are only a few there....
i forgot what version i have. but not the one thats posible to play crossplatform

Constrictor
28th March 2012, 08:22 PM
You'll get prompted to update.
And tehre's no 2.40 patch outside of the US (Americas?)

There are only a few pilots online cause most of the former hardcore players are p*ssed beyond repair - and the US is missing in our timezone due to the deployed and f'ed up 2.40 patch

To check your version xmb will help. go to your wipeout game icon. press info (that is triangle?) a menu on the right will show up. select info or something. it will show you some gamestats (like version, is it transferable and stuff)

crossplatform is not possible for the time being (in europe?)

SL, what a mess.

BlackReign
29th March 2012, 07:58 AM
I have a hopeful update. I received a Facebook message from Stuart Lovegrove the technical director at SL back on 2/17. The problem was that it when into my "other" folder which is essentially a spam folder that I didn't know I had. I replied back to him today. He requested that I send an email to wipeout2048@scee.net detailing the issues with WOHD which I did. He also said I could follow him on Twitter @drstulovegrove for faster updates.

Those of you who may have posted comments on the Wipeout 2048 FB page should check your "other" folder for possible messages from them. You can also follow Mr, Lovegrove on Twitter. I'll post any info from future replies should I get any.

jaminjack
31st March 2012, 05:46 AM
Still hasn't been fixed. No surprise there. No email from Sony or SL. No surprise there either. It has to do with the difference between AMD vita CELL ps3. And there's no money in it and Sony is still hemoraging cash. Good luck getting it fixed

traksta1
31st March 2012, 09:53 AM
Do you think Sony or SL would take more notice if all the people that have had their game broken demanded their money back?. If I was a U.S player of woHD, I would be doing a lot of whining in Sony's general direction and I think I would have a very good case for a full refund although this would be little recompense for the loss of my very most favorite game and the best arcade racer ever ever. Hope I am being premature here...R.I.P woHD...:frown:

DrMannevond
31st March 2012, 05:56 PM
I got a reply on the Wipeout 2048 fb page!:hyper
The gist of it was that the HD leaderboards will be fixed with the 2.50 patch.

docfo4r
31st March 2012, 06:30 PM
When can we calculate with the release of that patch?

BlackReign
31st March 2012, 06:55 PM
No release date set. However, I got the following reply from Stu Lovegrove on twitter yesterday " Hi There , patches to fix all these issues are in testing right now and should be released soon :)".

multibodydynamics
31st March 2012, 11:58 PM
A post in the Assistance section on the Facebook-page for Wipeout 2048 says that patch 2.50 for Wipeout HD and patch 1.02 for Wipeout 2048 will be released in early April.

SoA_Booney
1st April 2012, 10:16 AM
great news :)

Kyonshi
1st April 2012, 06:22 PM
Wow. Just watched videos from BlackReign. This is so disappointing. Is WipEout HD the new Skyrim? Watching this made me even more disinterested in playing the game, along with being reset to lvl 1. I feel sorry for you guys who are still fervent players and suffering these ridiculous bugs. Lets hope they fix this soon of course, but i guess its not as important as providing a good, sturdy patch to allow annoying ads to play better, huh? Oh and what about fixing voice chat yet? :paperbag

BlackReign
3rd April 2012, 01:38 AM
It seems like it Kyonshi. But since the game is old now it isn't major news nor does it have Skyrim-like following. I looking forward to this patch which should be any day now. I didn't know the voice chat was broken. You can tweet to Stu Lovegrove on Twitter (@DrStuLovegrove ‏). He won't take too long to get back to you.

rego
5th April 2012, 09:50 PM
ever since the latest patch for this game i can no longer go online. lobbies begin to load then i get the error message "no Ethernet cable detected" (btw im not even using Ethernet...) then it proceeds to freeze my ps3. fun fun fun

multibodydynamics
6th April 2012, 01:52 PM
Please read the last 2 pages in this thread. A patch that is supposed to solve all these issues is coming soon. Please be a little more patient.

FirstDave
6th April 2012, 03:40 PM
Not soon enough,What a complete and utter farce.

Light Buster
7th April 2012, 04:36 AM
Just calm down. It will come when it comes.

Hellfire_WZ
7th April 2012, 08:23 AM
These things take as long as they need to. Granted, releasing 2.40 in the state it was in was a mistake, but would you rather they stick out the 2.50 patch ASAP that could potentially cause a number of other issues or a properly tested one that sorts everything out? You need to remember they are also working on 1.02 for 2048 at the same time.

So no, it isn't a "farce", they're doing the right thing. Have a bit of patience.

Dark_Phantom_89
7th April 2012, 08:47 PM
I do agree with Dave somewhat in that it's rather shambolic. I can't understand how this patch got through weeks of QA, yet we found numerous problems within 5 minutes.

jaminjack
9th April 2012, 06:20 AM
Wipeout hd was writen spacificly for the eight core cell chip to show the high power graphics. This is what makes the ps3 superior to other counsels. You'll never be able to cross platform play wipeout hd on a crummy amd quad core . So they handy capped the cell and that sucks junk. Long live the cell it destroys the crummy quad cores.

Archon
9th April 2012, 07:46 AM
Do you guys not have patch 2.50? I could have sworn I updated to it around March, and when I go online and check the News tab it details the updates for patch 2.50. Maybe it was released in North America but not elsewhere? Either way, online seems stable and Racebox works great. I can't check the Records without my Playstation freezing, though. That's the one thing I want. It's disheartening to break an old record and not be able to verify my progress :frown:. Still, I'm optimistic. I've rarely touched this game since November but had a great session tonight. This really is the best racing game I've ever played.

Hellfire_WZ
9th April 2012, 10:53 AM
No, the release notes were put out prematurely. 2.50 will be released sometime this month by the sound of things

Hellfire_WZ
12th April 2012, 03:56 PM
Patch 2.50 is ready, it will be available within the hour

Colonel
12th April 2012, 04:30 PM
Just Downloaded it.

"Wipeout HD 2.50 Patch Information:

Spectate mode fixed
All firing weapons bug fixed
Incorrect weapon damage bug fixed
Various bug fixes"

EDIT:
Online rank reset to 1 for everybody it seems.
Second lobby I went to join just froze, had to restart the game (might be a coincidence, not sure)
All lobbies are shown as being US hosted, despite no US players being visible
Leaderboards not updated
2 restarts now, another lobby failed

Might be worth waiting before DLing this :|

Frailavi
12th April 2012, 04:50 PM
J'ai vû une personne Français dans mon lobby aujourd'hui!

Maybe we can finally play with Europe?

SoA_Booney
12th April 2012, 04:56 PM
J'ai vû une personne Français dans mon lobby aujourd'hui!

Maybe we can finally play with Europe?

May be the only benefit this update has, aswell as crossplay anyway :L

Hellfire_WZ
12th April 2012, 05:00 PM
Guys, there are always teething issues online when a new patch is rolled out. Give it a while and wait for everyone to update.

SoA_Booney
12th April 2012, 05:04 PM
leaderboards work! :L

Frailavi
12th April 2012, 05:26 PM
Leaderboards have worked for me for awhile now. (USA)

I'm also currently racing against Flaflasat for the first time in forever. It's exciting to be racing someone who can beat you every time you make a mistake again, despite my hatred for weapons.

PaulDuggan
12th April 2012, 05:33 PM
Have the global records been like that for a while?

slow-train
12th April 2012, 05:34 PM
leader boards are even more ridiculous than b4 the so called fkn update!!!!! what is the point of keeping this game alive if all we can do is slog each other online? seems pointless to me ; (

JFthebestJan
12th April 2012, 07:07 PM
wtf. im speechless , why destroying a game that was the absolute non+ultra PS3 game? it's totally bullshit now! BRs don't work correctly now . the so-called leaderboards are even more ****ed up then b4 lol :(

if i would deliver such terrible work, my boss would kill me! BIGGEST disappointment in gaming history

Azurooth
12th April 2012, 07:42 PM
Since i installed this update my ps3 has crashed 3 times within 3 hours of gameplay. And im either having a bad racingday or something is different. I race so bad, can't pull off certain brs. Have they canged the racing physics somehow? O.o And the ranks being reset really makes me sad.

Dark_Phantom_89
12th April 2012, 07:45 PM
Yeh, the leaderboards are still screwed. #1 with a time of 0.00.00 and a best lap of -0.00.01? Yeh, I don't think so. Oh, and guess what? My online rank has been reset to 1.

I never thought I'd say this, but **** this game. It was once brilliant, but now it's been tarnished with a brush of mediocrity and incompetence.

JFthebestJan
12th April 2012, 07:45 PM
yep, u r correct , they changed the physics . it's so annoying that i deleted wipeout from my HDD.

it's official now SONY retired JF and much more , if not all elite players

BlackReign
12th April 2012, 08:12 PM
Wow. I haven't even downloaded the patch yet but hearing this makes me not want to. This totally sucks. I don't understand why they would screw with this game it was great and didn't need any tweaks. It's also one of the reasons that I bought a PS3 on launch day. If this patch isn't solving the problems it should've have been rolled back.

Light Buster
12th April 2012, 09:07 PM
If this is true I better back off from HD for a bit until I know it is safe to come back.

DrMannevond
12th April 2012, 09:11 PM
Just got the patch and tried a few races.. Leaderboards are still borked. Spectator mode is still broken. My rank has been reset to 1.
So, Dear Studio Liverpool : Take whoever is responsible for your network code out back and put them out of their misery. And stop promising us things you clearly :
a) Have no intention of actually doing, or
b) Are too incompetent to actually fix.

The most annoying thing is that Wipeout HD is one of the best games to come out for years - DESPITE the fact that anything involving "online" is more or less broken.

Hellfire_WZ
12th April 2012, 09:14 PM
I've updated and have had absolutely no issues whatsoever... Handling does appear to be ever so slightly heavier but nothing I find distracting, and didn't have any problems with barrel rolls. Played both online and off, all was well. Leaderboards looked as they should. Only things I've noticed are the rank reset and 99% of the servers seeming to be US based. Very strange if you guys are having problems of that magnitude :?

novide
12th April 2012, 09:16 PM
horrible news :(

maybe someone will also post at the eu playstation forum (http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/WipEout/WipEout-2048-1-02-and-WipEout-HD-Fury-2-50-Patches-Available/td-p/15737351)

JFthebestJan
12th April 2012, 09:24 PM
...Leaderboards looked as they should...

look at anulpha zone mode global records... no1 with just a few zones and a score below 10000, if that's not ****ed up i don't know what to call it then

Hellfire_WZ
12th April 2012, 09:46 PM
Okay, now I see what you were looking at. The way you were talking I thought all of them were completely screwed. The ones I checked were perfect and fully updated.

From what I can tell the Zone and Detonator boards look like they're putting scores in where they shouldn't be, probably a database problem. After scanning over the majority of SL and TT tables, they are perfectly fine aside from the odd glitched times here and there that can be easily spotted. There are obviously more odd times in the race tables, but SL have said they will be removing dodgy times from the 2048 leaderboards during scheduled maintenance, mention these times to them with screenshots and I'd expect they will do the same with the HD boards. Especially now they're updating again.

TearsToShreds
12th April 2012, 09:49 PM
I have also downloaded the update and since then I haven't been able to play online. If what others are saying is true about the ranking reset that F**king blows. Has anyone else downloaded the update and not been about to play online? I email Sony PSN support today and am awaiting a reply.

Same here. I'm able to get online, but can't join any online races. :(

Edit: Nevermind, that was an old post. However, I have the 2.5 patch now, and as I said, can get online but still can't join any games. It just loads for a while and says 'blah blah or the host has left the game'.

jaminjack
12th April 2012, 10:05 PM
Wipeout hd was specifically written for the cell processor. There is no way you can cross platform play wipeout hd on the vita or any other game platform or pc. Game developers have known this for years. Write the code to take full advantage of the cell and it won't run on anything else. Game developers make compromises in their code so that it will run on other platforms with out to much coding change. Unfortunately the games never preform to their fullest potential on the Sony ps3. SL knows this. They wrote Wipeout HD. The software is written to take advantage of 7 cores on the cell. That is why, it was so fantastic when it first came out.

brummpahh
12th April 2012, 10:19 PM
rank reset to 1 - thx
collisions slow you down more than b4 - thx
b4 patch 2.50 times wont update on the leaderboard - thx

maybe S**Y should hire some former psygn*sis programmers
or update theirs brains to 0.10

thx S**Y once again. I'll think bout that when buying something electronic sometime...

BlackReign
12th April 2012, 10:44 PM
I did let Stu Lovegrove on Twitter know about this thread. He said they'll look into the issues mentioned on here since the patch 2.5 update today and that the rank resets on PS3 will be fixed soon. He also said there were no issues in testing on their end. I'll reply back later tonight when I get home and am able to try to patch myself.

infoxicated
12th April 2012, 10:54 PM
Just to clarify, Jaminjack - WipEout HD started life as a tech demo based on the WipEout Pure/Pulse (the latter was still in pre-production at the time) game engine to see what it would look like running at 1080P. Andrew Jones worked on it by himself, sat in the corner of the Studio Liverpool "pod" studio. He worked on that and neural network code for improving the AI.

At that point in time, the only PS3's in the building resembled rack servers, were very loud, and were in a locked room with a key code entry. We certainly didn't have access to them in the WipEpout Studio back then (Spring 2006).

Later in its life, when WipEout HD went into full production (Pulse was on the home stretch in Summer 2007) a lot of the underlying game engine was improved to take advantage of the Cell, for sure, such as palming off particle effects and whatnot to the SPU's, but it wasn't like that game engine was built from the ground up on the Cell architecture. To say that WipEout HD was fully taking advantage of the Cell would be inaccurate, because it wasn't and isn't.

No launch title or title released in the first couple of years takes full advantage of a new architecture. This is why we didn't see the likes of God of War until late in the life of the PS2 and why something as breathtaking as Uncharted 3 didn't come out until a few months ago. It takes time to leverage these things and early game engines are merely flattering to deceive.

That's not to say that WipEout HD isn't a fantastic achievement - Matt Brooks team came up with a technique for getting it to render at a faux 1080P that was nothing short of genius considering the deadlines they were facing. But there were many on the team who hated the fact it had to be released as a 1080P poster-child for the PS3, because it would have looked so much better at 720P.

I'm inclined to agree. :)

JABBERJAW
12th April 2012, 11:01 PM
They should go back to no cross play at all. The physics should not feel heavier, it will make times slower, and records will never be achieved, unless they just reset the records, start from a clean slate from how the game should run ( im talking HD and 2048 here). Im wondering if they snuck the 2048 physics into HD. Enough patches that make the game run differently, and generally worse. Did this start at 1.30? I think this was when the lag started killing the game. SOME PATCHES are nessesary, but it seems this x play stuff has caused way too many problems

Hellfire_WZ
12th April 2012, 11:06 PM
For those of you having issues, please bear in mind there is a bug reporting thread in this forum. Post all issues in there in the correct format and I'll forward it on to Stuart, that way everything is in one place and we can see at a glance what the issues are.

P_Denton
13th April 2012, 12:00 AM
Well reset ranks and ****ed-up leaderboards are one thing, but breaking the gameplay is infinitely worse imho. So at first, I was like "whatever", physics modifications aren't a big deal if there are any (I honestly can't tell) but broken leech beams are another. I managed to connect ONE in the entire evening, and it cut off abruptly for no reason. The others would inexplicably fail. And having the opponents leeches invisible isn't very cool either.

At this point, I thought it wasn't too big of a deal. Until we tried a ZB.

We had a room up for 4 games. One and only one person would get invisible barriers. Barriers which don't even warrant a warning from the HUD or anything. In fact, I would rather believe their position doesn't match with any "real" barriers which show up just fine. Their placement seemed completely off (in middair, incompatible with a 20+ speed, etc). So yeah it looks like zone battle is completely unplayable.

MegaGeeza22
13th April 2012, 03:44 AM
The update has completely removed everything to do with online, EVERYTHING... its just a demo now but with campaign lol.
Im not going to blame anyone lol, the top geezas at sony don't care about this game anymore but i believe the publishers do and they are bending over backwards to get this fixed but with bosses like their's there's no chance... sony have also announced that they are going to lose 10,000 staff soon after having made a loss of $6.4 Billion so i don't think they are going to waste resources on an old game because there is no money in it, it will just create more losses.
But personally i think this patch is unfixable and its the end of HD... but pleaseeee prove me wrong!
please? :(

WarioIIDX
13th April 2012, 05:02 AM
The update kills my favourite game, nasty physics, is UNPLAYABLE!, and online is dead... i can't go to lobbys, the ps3 CRASHES 3 TIMES!, why .... WHY!!!!!!!!!!!! good bye platinum... i hope the game, back to life, thanks sony and studios liverpool to destroy my favourite game in ps3.

BlackReign
13th April 2012, 08:21 AM
The game is still very much broken. Some players messaged me on PSN saying they couldn't play online some messaged me saying they could. My attempt was unsuccessful. See below. I also posted this in the bug report thread Hellfire suggested.

1st attempt: Downloaded the 2.5 patch and installed. Still can't access online play. Trying to get online resulted in going back to the game's main menu.

2nd Attempt: Deleted WOHD install and re-downloaded. Installed 2.5 patch. Still can't access online play. Get the following errors "An error has occured while logging in to the Wipeout servers. This account is already logged in. Please wait a moment and try again." or "An error occurred while updating the game. Please try again".

Olivario
13th April 2012, 08:35 AM
Haven't downloaded the patch yet, and I won't do it if it's confirmed that they have changed the physics. If that's true and if it's a decision caused by cross-play, well, I won't be buying any other Studio Liverpool hipotecally released game. That's not how you treat the fans, it's just disgusting.

Azurooth
13th April 2012, 08:48 AM
So i continued 2 play for another 2 hours yesterday. Since the boards update now i really wanted 2 put my name there. I played tracks which i know really well such as chen fwd, tech fwd and sebenco fwd.
During this 2 hours i couldnt even get close 2 my standard times, first i got so frustrated cause i wasn't sure if it was me or the patch, but im defo sure now that something is different within the game
since 2.5. I have been waiting so long for this patch, as we all have. But it just feels like i got a kick in the groin instead.

Colonel
13th April 2012, 08:54 AM
Can people expand on the altered physics they've experienced?

I only did a couple of phantom races last night before doing rapier Elims and ZB, so I haven't noticed much (collisions seemed to feel quite heavy but I couldn't swear to it).

Jan mentioned BRs being messed up, how exactly?

GiraffeRider
13th April 2012, 12:12 PM
Looks like their hard work in the last month has paid off, they've finally managed to kill the game. I won't complain anyway, I didn't know wipeout existed until the welcome back thing, and I've gotten some 100 hours of multiplayer goodness out of a game I never paid for. It's been a good run.

Ragsus Maxima
13th April 2012, 01:17 PM
Haven't downloaded the patch yet, and I won't do it if it's confirmed that they have changed the physics.
+1. As far as I know about this new patch and the bug reports I've read, I think I'll stick with the 2.20 version while these issues are being forwarded to Studio Liverpool and being fixed in the meantime.

yeldar2097
13th April 2012, 01:26 PM
*Physics change confirmed*

Don't panic it's not that bad. Ships carry less speed through corners as a result of patching out the a/b-related glitch. Makes a bigger difference depending on speed class obviously. At Phantom it works out to around 0.25s/lap, track depending obviously.
I managed to get a WR, so they are still beatable, but it will be a lot harder without proper adjustment.

BRs are fine

Leaderboards are most certainly NOT fixed, in fact, in many cases they're worse. Many have been updated alongside, but that doesn't mean they're fixed.

I haven't played online so the story there might be different.

Congratulations SL. Needs another patch. Third time lucky perhaps?

MegaGeeza22
13th April 2012, 01:29 PM
I just put Wipeout on again and it asked me to accept the new terms and it gave me the new patch details and the fixes, which should of happened yesterday after the update.
So now i CAN play online!! but the leaderboards haven't updated, i can cope with that... so its just the same as before but with Rank 1
Im so pleased!!!
So if you had the same problem as me (no online) leave it for a few hours and try again.

Iv also edited my post on the Bug Reports thread :D

Colonel
13th April 2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the physics info yeldar, I have to say though .25 secs a lap sounds fairly significant over a 5 lap TT. Just as I was trying to beat all my phantom times too :(

One thing I thought I'd be really annoyed with - and it turns out I'm not - is the online rank reset. When I logged on last night and saw everybody in the lobby was rank 1 I just laughed. It was kind of nice racing with everybody being "beginners", like the slate had been wiped clean and we were all starting fresh. I know this is just a silly illusion, and I fully sympathise with anyone who's pissed off, but I quite like it :)

Oh, and if they don't fix it, £20 says Weed_Junky3 is first to Overlord ;)

JFthebestJan
13th April 2012, 04:31 PM
...BRs are fine...

no, BRs aren't fine (the very hard ones), cause the ships re heavier now it's not possible to get enough air in several BR-spots. this makes alot of the venom WRs impossible to beat. only solution to this dilemma is to reset the leaderboards.

@ col: i would say sinus1 will be the first to 101, cause he was the first to get level 50 (pre fury) and the first to get 101 (post fury)

trackripper
13th April 2012, 05:12 PM
I went and played this yesterday, the patch is released right?

It didn't prompt me to update like it would on other games, it just took me straight into the game. And then I couldn't get online.

???

PjotrStroganov
13th April 2012, 05:25 PM
SL is useless at online play. They botched the HD launch, 2048 launch and now crossplay. Great way to increase the longevity of the game for new people.

JABBERJAW
13th April 2012, 05:33 PM
They need to reset ALL the record boards now. It is a different game, 1.25 seconds is significant over a 5 lap race. I would also like all personal records to be reset, so the playing field is the same.

Aeralys
13th April 2012, 05:49 PM
Haven't played for a few months, so I didn't feel any difference in the physics. I'm really unhappy about the leaderboards though. I was scrolling through the online multiplayer race records and there's about 200-300 top record times for each track (before I get to the 'old/real' WR's and names I recognise) that make no sense or are clearly impossible to achieve. Before I stopped playing there were only 2 or so (glitched?) records under a minute or something which didn't affect it much, but now I've lost the sense of reward for beating my own lap times or racing really well on an online race, because now the record numbers can't justify it.

Not sure if this is just a display glitch in the lobby, but I also noticed Rapier races being held with only 3 laps in them. I didn't get into one to find out if it was possible but it was something I only noticed yesterday.

Thought it was funny that our ranks were reset however. At least it's a slight excuse to play again (if I wasn't up to my neck in Dissertation work). :(

EDIT: made a mistake on the online race records. Caught me with the automatic switch from 'online race' to 'single race' when you change from personal records to global. Also noticed that a lot of my good records are gone, though this could be from playing on a new PS3 (I did transfer my save data and best records however) or not playing for a while. Another thing is that some records of mine that are there are ranked a hell of a lot lower and say I made them in FEISAR, which is a ship I'm pretty sure I've never used online, or barely at all for that matter.

GiraffeRider
13th April 2012, 07:09 PM
+1. As far as I know about this new patch and the bug reports I've read, I think I'll stick with the 2.10 version while these issues are being forwarded to Studio Liverpool and being fixed in the meantime.I'm afraid it's not something that will be fixed... the physics change is intentional, to allow crossplay with 2048 I suppose, and I don't think they'll be changing it anytime soon.

So it looks like our choices are not getting the patch and having no online mode, or getting blocky physics and crippled MP, as several good players have left and it appears to have issues. I'm going with the first option for the moment.

TheWipeouter
13th April 2012, 07:23 PM
I'm level 6 now. Yay!! :)

Nothing will stop me from playing this great game. I'm so addicted to it. Please wipeouters don't give up!! Lets keep the online mode alive!!

amplificated
13th April 2012, 07:37 PM
Any physics change needs to be reversed. The airbrake bug's fix should not affect the speed through the majority, if not all, turns, and it certainly should not affect BR's.

If SL are trying to make the game more like 2048... I'm abandoning ship, I'm afraid.

Might be too soon to talk like that given I haven't even played the new patch, but it really seems for some time now that things are simply going from bad to worse.

rego
13th April 2012, 08:09 PM
i was wondering why i kept snagging corners i never had an issue with before...this would explain it. i thought i was just having an off night or something :|

Frailavi
13th April 2012, 09:31 PM
Just to clarify, Jaminjack - WipEout HD started life as a tech demo based on the WipEout Pure/Pulse (the latter was still in pre-production at the time) game engine to see what it would look like running at 1080P. Andrew Jones worked on it by himself, sat in the corner of the Studio Liverpool "pod" studio. He worked on that and neural network code for improving the AI.

At that point in time, the only PS3's in the building resembled rack servers, were very loud, and were in a locked room with a key code entry. We certainly didn't have access to them in the WipEpout Studio back then (Spring 2006).

Later in its life, when WipEout HD went into full production (Pulse was on the home stretch in Summer 2007) a lot of the underlying game engine was improved to take advantage of the Cell, for sure, such as palming off particle effects and whatnot to the SPU's, but it wasn't like that game engine was built from the ground up on the Cell architecture. To say that WipEout HD was fully taking advantage of the Cell would be inaccurate, because it wasn't and isn't.

No launch title or title released in the first couple of years takes full advantage of a new architecture. This is why we didn't see the likes of God of War until late in the life of the PS2 and why something as breathtaking as Uncharted 3 didn't come out until a few months ago. It takes time to leverage these things and early game engines are merely flattering to deceive.

That's not to say that WipEout HD isn't a fantastic achievement - Matt Brooks team came up with a technique for getting it to render at a faux 1080P that was nothing short of genius considering the deadlines they were facing. But there were many on the team who hated the fact it had to be released as a 1080P poster-child for the PS3, because it would have looked so much better at 720P.

I'm inclined to agree. :)

Thanks for taking the time to type that post up, it was one of the most interesting posts I've read about WipEout. Much appreciated.

BlackReign
13th April 2012, 09:40 PM
Since patch 2.4 on 2/14 I was unable to play online until today. Through trial and error I figured out that something with the new patch is keeping some players from connecting online if your PSN account is already logged in. Before I got to that determination I tried deleting Wipeout from my HD, re-downloaded & re-installed, downloaded the 2.5 patch, and then I tried logging in several times. I got the following error "An error has occured while logging in to the Wipeout servers. This account is already logged in. Please wait a moment and try again.". After getting that a bunch of times I signed out of PSN while in game. Then went to access online and was able to play online. Weird. So for anyone who still can't connect despite the servers being active (they went down apparently from 1-6am UK time overnight) try logging out of PSN, going into the game, and selecting online. Also like everyone else my rank was reset too. This will be corrected soon for everyone if not already according to Stu Lovegrove at SL. I reported all that I previously mentioned to him via twitter and the Wipeout2048 FB page and got a personal email from him directly this morning asking for more info, if my rank was reset, and looking for general feedback. I thought that was cool, big ups to him for that.

I played for about an hour mostly on rapier (I have phantom class WO rust since I haven't played in 2 months, lol). The game feels the way it used to feel before the 2.4 patch. However, the game does feel a little strange at times though. Kind of like The Matrix. Everything seems ok but in the back of your mind there's this nagging feeling that something isn't quite right. lol. I have a fast and stable wired connection and noticed what I thought were weird server issues. Some racers seemed to have gotten a short head start or would just randomly pop up in front of me as the races progressed. It didn't happen every race and not nearly as often as the invisible weapon thing in the 2.4 patch. Perhaps a few players had bad connections, I'm not sure. I did notice the ships do seem a little heavier as others reported (I snagged some corners too) but I thought it may have been lag, server issues, my WO rust. Since Yeldar took some time to test that theory and confirm it, I believe the physics have been changed a bit. But in the end it's not a total deal breaker for me. I also noticed that the Player's Met list didn't update while playing WO. Anyone else notice that too? Records seem to update but I agree that if lap times are a bit slower now they should wipe the slate clean.

For those of you ready to completely abandon the game (amplificated, JFthebestJan, and a few others) please don't. The game is certainly more fun with the better racers still around. Also in Stu's email to me he did mention they do want to keep everyone happy. I hope you guys decide to keep playing despite the seemingly adjusted physics.

Lastly good seeing some familiar faces online today (MegaGeeza22, matplayer, Wage23, Ponta, and a few others that I can't remember. lol)

BlackReign
13th April 2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks for taking the time to type that post up, it was one of the most interesting posts I've read about WipEout. Much appreciated.

Agreed

JFthebestJan
13th April 2012, 10:47 PM
i raced online this evening and some really weird things happened .
serpent got 'come back king' without winning on sebenco lol ! my players met list don't update either . and all my personal best times (multiplayer) re gone . on the record tables when watching friends records all except my times re gone either . i had several occasions when i was hit by a quake some1 in front of me fired lol...

they must cancel this cross play ****. what's the point in racing vs mobile devices ? bring back the old physics please. i had a race on metropia, really really good run with minimum 6 turbos and everything went well, but my time was just 1.38...(rapier). absolutely ridiculous

jaminjack
13th April 2012, 11:00 PM
Your rack servers were using IBM virtual cell broad band engine. The reason you loaded some graphics to the cell SPE is that programmer’s couldn’t figure out the NVidia RSX chip. Basically it failed to keep up with the 6 cores Sony ps3 used. Sony used 7 cores one for their operating system and six for game play. Out of a total of 9, 1 PPE, 8 SPEs on the cell. To me programing the cell came natural but a lot of programmer’s like the old x86 architecture.
Jack

blackwiggle
13th April 2012, 11:16 PM
Although I haven't had the time to play online recently to feel the reported handling changes, I've got a feeling SL have been put in a unenviable position trying to fix the problems that have been caused by having crossplay implemented into the game.

I imagine there is a lot pressure being put on them to keep the servers up and running while trying to fix these problems, which is not the ideal situation if you want to fix things properly.

Sony would of prioritised this because of crossplay being a major selling point for the VITA, 2048 being the 1st well known title to have it and that pretty much anybody that has a PS3 will have WOHD because of the various free give aways over the last 18 months, and the VITA still being a new released console they would want everything up and running at all costs.
[I don't know how sales are going with the VITA elsewhere, but I have yet to see anybody playing or even carrying one, and I'm in the centre of Sydney and it's school holidays, it wasn't like that when the PSP was launched.....also at the major gaming store franchise around the city they have captive operational VITA's for people to try, I have yet to see anybody even actually bothering trying out a VITA, you would think kids on school holidays would be gathering around these latest gaming machines in droves, but it's not happening, interest in the VITA seems pretty much none existent, here at least. ]

jaminjack
13th April 2012, 11:25 PM
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- U.S. retail sales of video game hardware, software and accessories fell 25 percent in March from a year earlier to $1.1 billion. It marked the fourth month of decline as Sony Corp.'s new PS Vita handheld failed to spark a turnaround.

Market tracker NPD Group said Thursday that sales of console and portable software -- the video games themselves -- fell 26 percent to $585 million.

That's roughly in line with depressed estimates. Cowen & Co. analyst Doug Creutz forecast a 22 percent drop, while Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia expected a decline of 25 to 30 percent.

Electronic Arts Inc.'s "Mass Effect 3" was the top seller in the month.

The only PS Vita game to break into the top 10 was "MLB 12: The Show," which ranked third

Aeralys
13th April 2012, 11:47 PM
i raced online this evening and some really weird things happened .
serpent got 'come back king' without winning on sebenco lol !

I saw this too. One glitch that happened to me was during The Amphiseum (R), on the bend before the sloped straights and hairpin, two players crashed into me and I fell through the track!

Now that I've played a little more I can feel a difference in physics, conering feels a lot sharper (from carrying less speed thorugh corners?) and I was getting more/less airtime than usual in some places, the BR before the big drop in Chenghou, under the tunnel in Sebenco and the double BR at the end of Moa Therma felt surprisingly easier to pull off consistently, despite having been on a long break.

blackwiggle
13th April 2012, 11:57 PM
With figures like that, maybe video gaming overall as a pass time has passed it's peak.

What with a endless procession of Cookie cutter remakes, ridiculous pricing at the PStore for full title downloads, the emphasis on visuals over gaming substance, the general dumbing down of gameplay to two button mashing.

Makes you think, if there had never been any Wipeout games made before today, would it get the green light to go into production now?
As it seems the game distributors are the ones calling what get's made or not, and at what price it sells at, I would guess that would be a no.
They would argue that the game is too hard for people to pick up and far too challenging.
The very two things that have proved to be the reason for it's success and why people feel so passionate about Wipeout. Also why it's supporters want so very much that the problems that are occurring with the online portion be fixed, and the records they spent so many a long hour trying to get be up to date and viewable.

WarioIIDX
14th April 2012, 03:59 AM
finally i can entrance to online mode... i'm test right now

edit: CrapOut HD/... my favourite game is broken T_T

LJtheZombie
14th April 2012, 04:21 AM
I played for a bit with the new patch, have to say I haven't experienced any problems (Although I raced with morfeo and he mentioned being hit by an invisible bomb). I even got a time into the top 10 on the ingame leaderboard - good times.

Colonel
14th April 2012, 08:33 AM
One thing I've noticed is that there is considerably less vibration feedback from the DS3, which makes it feel differently in itself. I once accidentally turned vibration off and everything felt weird, so that may contribute to people's perceived differences in handling.

Sausehuhn
14th April 2012, 10:28 AM
there is considerably less vibration feedback from the DS3

It is? I’ll have to test that. WOHD always had too much rumble for my liking, maybe it’s time for me to turn this setting on again! :)

Olivario
14th April 2012, 11:54 AM
Do the leaderboards show the times that have been done before the patch?

Azurooth
14th April 2012, 01:46 PM
Do the leaderboards show the times that have been done before the patch?

Yes they do, but apperently some times has vanished.

JABBERJAW
14th April 2012, 02:05 PM
Ok, played a bit yesterday. I believe that they fixed the old bug in HD that people used to cheat. I would need to test some more, but that would cause this speed decrease and different physics. This does not bother me one bit, but they need to at least do one of the following

1) reset the leader boards, and perhaps put a patch to allow only records made from now to be used. Also they may need to reset personal current records for this to happen properly

2).they could speed the ships up 2 % so the new records can become faster than the old physics. I wouldn't mind this as it would at least get a lot of us playing again for records. Also, this would be less intrusive to us, and a lot less work for them

3) remove cross play and return physics to normal ( they won't do this).

At least, they should get rid of the cross play option in 2048, AND just allow that as a separate entity on the main screen. There is no reason for it to be jammed into 2048. If you could just download the game onto the vita ( the full game) you could still have cross play there. They also might sell more wipeout hd full games by doing this

GiraffeRider
14th April 2012, 02:15 PM
[I don't know how sales are going with the VITA elsewhere, but I have yet to see anybody playing or even carrying one, and I'm in the centre of Sydney and it's school holidays, it wasn't like that when the PSP was launched...... ]Same here... I see plenty of smartphones, ebook readers and PSP/DS, and the occasional tablet or 3DS, but so far I've only seen one person playing a vita. Sorta ridiculous, as it is a very good piece of hardware. I expect people don't want to shell out the cash for it when they already have one or two entertainment devices, especially with the current economy.

Of course, Sony is also to blame. The memory card thing is little more than a scam, and if the patches they provide for their other games are as terrible as the ones we're getting I expect people won't be too eager to buy more from them. The only reason I don't own a vita right now is the 2.4 patch.

---

To jaminjack, I don't much understand why the different architecture should make crossplay impossible. AFAIK the only thing the server does is send and receive the position and velocity of the ships, so the server shouldn't care whether the device on the other end is a PS3, a vita, a pc or a cybernetic potato. Then the client will render the game with whatever processing power it has, at stable 60 or stuttering 30 fps, but as long as it's capable of interpreting the data there shouldn't be any problems.

The issue is that obviously all games must play by the same rules, so they had to unify the physics, and instead of picking the tried-and-tested HD model they went with the slower 2048. Which is a kick in the groin to those of us who liked the older model, especially the elite pilots that have spent hours perfecting BR's they can no longer perform.

JABBERJAW
14th April 2012, 03:03 PM
I don't think they unified. The ship physics do not feel like 2048 at all. I think this a a direct issue caused by fixing the brake cheat bug, that's it.

Olivario
14th April 2012, 03:26 PM
Yes they do, but apperently some times has vanished.

I have just downloaded the patch, only to see if my records appear on the leaderboards...and they don't. I hope it's just a matter of time before they show up.

On the other hand, I went straight to online and had some good races with MegaGeeza and Terra. Physics are strange, wouldn't know how to describe them but yes it seems that speed is lower now.

GiraffeRider
14th April 2012, 03:27 PM
My bad then, been a while since I played 2048. If that's the case it might be best if they'd just left the airbrake bug in. It's pretty much a non-issue anyway - newbs don't know it and pros won't use it.

Azurooth
14th April 2012, 05:20 PM
Only "new" records get uploaded to the board, which was the biggest disappointment for me. Had some good times i wanted to have on the board.

Cyberio
14th April 2012, 05:28 PM
Now, there are invisible barriers in Combat Zone.

And i don't think they will fix it, no one plays this mode.

Just like invisible weapons, but with Combat Zone's barriers.

Anyone suffered that bug too?

P_Denton
14th April 2012, 05:34 PM
Yes. Though they don't even seem to match up with "real" barriers at all. Warnings don't even flash on the HUD. You can get hit even in middair at places no one COULD drop something. I'm a bit sad, because as you say, it will probably never be fixed. I don't know how that bug works, but it seemed we only had one person in a room affected at a time : http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?5321-Bug-Reports-HD-and-Fury-expansion-standardised-format-Report-only-no-discussion-or-replies&p=214509#post214509. Out of curiosity, can anyone infirm/confirm ?

DrMannevond
14th April 2012, 06:37 PM
Only "new" records get uploaded to the board, which was the biggest disappointment for me. Had some good times i wanted to have on the board.

Yeah, bloody annoying. I have a top 5 (I think, haven't checked Connavar's site lately) tt time on sebenco reverse phantom, which of course is not in the leaderboards. My old shitty time is. Yesterday I improved that old record twice, but only one of my "new" times registered on the new leaderboards (1.50.80, which is currently on the boards, and 1.50.38 afterwards, which is NOT on the leaderboards).
I've also seen plenty of strange hosts, like today when I joined a game just when the host left. According to the game the host was "Host<Null>" or something.
(As a rule of thumb, Null-pointers are bad, unless I think I know more than I do:))
And don't get me started on the new physics.

JFthebestJan
14th April 2012, 07:17 PM
tried zone mode 10minutes ago, the game froze offline! this NEVER happened prepatch. prepatch freezes happened only online , never offline . so im out, no interest in playing a bugged S H I T game .

Aeralys
14th April 2012, 07:30 PM
Though it didn't make a difference to me before, it now feels more comfortable to play with the airbrakes on L1/R1 instead. Might just be me there.

they need to at least do one of the following

1) reset the leader boards, and perhaps put a patch to allow only records made from now to be used. Also they may need to reset personal current records for this to happen properly

2).they could speed the ships up 2 % so the new records can become faster than the old physics. I wouldn't mind this as it would at least get a lot of us playing again for records. Also, this would be less intrusive to us, and a lot less work for them

As much I'd like for it to happen I feel that a leader board reset is too extreme against those who spent hours to make the high places. One solution could be a record archive in game e.g. Pre 2048/patch and post 2048/patch leaderboards (which could be reset, for all to records to be used for) if the servers can hold it. Upping the ship speeds a little is a good idea too.

Zzonkmiles
14th April 2012, 07:30 PM
Hey everyone. Longtime reader, brand new poster.

I love Wipeout HD. But the increased number of bugs really messes up an otherwise excellent game.

Regarding the new patch, every time I attempt to upgrade to 2.5, my PS3 automatically resets. So I have no idea how well the patch works.

I DO hope they fixed the Zone Battle glitches where you'd hit random invisible barriers even though there is no warning that there are any barriers nearby. I think I am one of the rare players who hosts or looks for a zone battle room online and would be devastated if they didn't fix this. It would also be nice if Sony Liverpool could change some of the Zone Battle options so that you could select a zone target of 75 (instead of 55).

Aeralys
14th April 2012, 07:32 PM
Zone battle barrier glitches aren't fixed, first ZB I played yesterday on Anulpha was full of them, but the second on Syncopia had no glitches at all.

Cyberio
14th April 2012, 07:46 PM
Well, i ate all of the glitches on the ZB (not combat zone lol, which was in spanish), that i played with you yesterday on Syncopia.

That's a bit sad.

And i think in some race i had a invisible weapon too, but i can't confirm it.

Olivario
14th April 2012, 08:04 PM

Fantastic. All the times I struggled to do since last summer, including five world records, lost. Big dissapointment.

Aeralys
14th April 2012, 09:57 PM
Well, i ate all of the glitches on the ZB (not combat zone lol, which was in spanish), that i played with you yesterday on Syncopia.

That's a bit sad.

And i think in some race i had a invisible weapon too, but i can't confirm it.

Strange, maybe it doesn't affect every player during a race, which is seriously unfair.

Dark_Phantom_89
14th April 2012, 10:42 PM
I don't know how anyone can say that they're happy with this patch. It's an absolute travesty which has only angered loyal fans even more.

JFthebestJan
14th April 2012, 10:58 PM
+1 DP89 exactly what i think 'bout this crap patch

Aeralys
14th April 2012, 11:21 PM
I'm pretty sure "NULL_POINTER_REFERNCE_TO_SETTEXT" or whatever was not actually one of the players names when I saw it in the results in a spectator 10 minutes ago lol

But yeah there are some really weird things going on in the displays. I join a tournament because it says "returning to lobby" but then it claims to still be in the 2nd or 3rd race out of 4 and sticks on 0/X laps!

MegaGeeza22
15th April 2012, 12:12 PM
I don't think anyone is happy with what the patch has done to the physics of the game, personally i haven't noticed much of a difference :redface: but i haven't really been looking at my times because iv just been enjoying the races and elims. also since this patch the online lobbies have been pumping! last night there were 20-25 rooms from tough phantom races through to elims... and they are not all just newbies either, i had a hard time choosing lol
I only usually play an hour a day but since the patch its 4 hours.
So its not all bad. imo

Colonel
15th April 2012, 03:43 PM
Hit 3 or 4 invisible barriers per ZB yesterday, unplayable. Restarted the console and rejoined the game, and it was okay. But this is bollocks, a complete game-breaker. If you were hitting invisible walls in a race you'd stop playing. Just because Zone Batlle is a "minority" mode, doesn't make this any better. It's appalling. Studio Liverpool, you need to get all over this and fix it immediately.

tug_14
15th April 2012, 04:29 PM
The people who have guided their way to play to exploit to the maximum the ' speed glitch' are very disappointed in not being able to do what they were doing previously ... And then!
Personally , I have always wanted that this speed glitch either repair and i have no concern .
Only the 5 or 10 top chrono in sl or tt are concerned by the great difficulty of redo the time and the br made before this patch . For the rest of the world , including me , there is always a way to improve the clock staff ...

JABBERJAW
15th April 2012, 05:14 PM
If they just added 2% more speed to every ship, that would more than compensate, and people could go for new records. They wouldn't even have to get rid of the old ones, and it should be pretty easy to do

DrMannevond
15th April 2012, 06:30 PM
God dammit! I have to rant some more! Just spent a couple of hours trying to play the game. Two online races got stuck waiting for a player, one phantom room was empty when I joined (as in, No Host), and the rooms that did work were exclusively Anulpha Pass. Preferably 12xAnulpha tourny, or 20 laps. Or the host changed the speed to rapier or venom when the room was full. When I got sick of that I tried some tt's...:brickwall
TL;DR : Who the Hell is in charge at SL? George Lucas (AKA "Let's get new friends by pissing all over our old ones!") ?
Oh, and one more thing: Who had the brilliant idea of joining together a racing game that people often spend hours at a time playing with another racing game that is meant to be played "on the go" in small bites? At least give us an option to host with crossplay DISABLED.

docfo4r
15th April 2012, 07:23 PM
Today I spent lots of time in the Zone Battle mode. First I raced offline against the AI, then online. I had lots of races on tracks like Anulpha Pass, Moa Therma, the HD ones so to say forwards and backwards. I also raced on Syncopia, Mallavol, Corridon 12 etc. I was the host for some time and the guest for some time. Didn't experience a single glitch. I'm on 2.50 and everything seems to work fine for me, also the Zone Battles...