PDA

View Full Version : Petition to fix the leaderboards

Colonel
1st February 2012, 06:23 PM
I'd like to start a petition to fix the WOHD leaderboards. Hopefully if we can get 100 or more "signatures" (I'm aiming for 200), Studio Liverpool, or Sony PSN, will listen and fix them. If not then at least we've tried. I understand it's an old game, and that Sony have more pressing priorities these days. But the fact is that broken leaderboards detract from an otherwise exceptional game, one that many of us still play far too much for it to be healthy :g.

So if you'd like to add your name to the list of signatures, please PM me or post in this thread:

Your PSN ID
Your real name

I'm going to send messages to all my friends on PSN, plus post on the different Wipeout facebook groups (I knew that site would come in handy ;)).

If anyone has any suggestions or comments at all regarding this, then just shout out.

Cheers,

Adam.

Olivario
1st February 2012, 06:33 PM
Fantastic idea ;) I'll send messages too to the wipers on my friends list. I think this could work :D

Jav
1st February 2012, 08:09 PM
Good idea. PM sent!

Ragsus Maxima
1st February 2012, 08:13 PM
Just a silly question. Aside from the PSN ID and the e-mail adress, should we send you our real names?

Colonel
1st February 2012, 08:23 PM
That's a very good question Ragsus, and I'd be inclined to say "yes". I've never started a petition before so I'm somewhat of an amateur.

Ragsus Maxima
1st February 2012, 08:34 PM
Everything has a first time, they say. :P

But anyway, there are petitions and petitions; some of them just require a nick and others will request some more data.

MegaGeeza22
1st February 2012, 09:36 PM
Great idea! the leaderboards are very annoying and 1 of the reasons i dont play much anymore.
Count me in!

traksta1
2nd February 2012, 11:09 AM
PM sent Colonel. good luck!

Colonel
2nd February 2012, 12:00 PM
Two things have occurred to me:

1. Asking for an email address is unnecessary. All I need is your real name, and your PSN ID.

2. At the moment it's a bit of a "Don King contract" i.e. just sign here and I'll fill in the details later. So I'll type a draft of the petition in the first post tonight.

Many thanks to those who have already signed up. novide asked if I'd be using an online petition site. Not sure about this, might just do it manually and send it to SL's email address / mail them a hard copy. Any suggestions welcome.

yeldar2097
2nd February 2012, 12:33 PM
Been liaising with SL over the phone. Relevant employee out of office today but I should be able to speak to them tomorrow. I'll pretend it's a TT: No messing about ;)

Jav
2nd February 2012, 12:34 PM
Nice one, Yeld. ;)

Flint Fandango
2nd February 2012, 05:24 PM
Great idea, it´s worth the effort!
PM sent - I really hope this will have a chance of success, mate! :+

yawnstretch
2nd February 2012, 05:49 PM
Excuse my ignorance - but what's up with the leaderboards?

Jav
2nd February 2012, 05:54 PM
Updating, they are not. /Yoda

MyNameIsBom
3rd February 2012, 06:17 AM
PM Sent :):+ *fingerscrossed*

Dusk118
3rd February 2012, 10:18 AM
Dusk118
Cameron Porter

Irritating to see a time of less than five seconds on a track that obviously takes AT LEAST 30 seconds per lap. Doesn't detract from the awesomeness of the game by itself, though, but the satisfaction of attempting to beat a good record is lost.

Colonel
3rd February 2012, 11:31 AM
Indeed, but I think the chances of getting all the glitches in the boards fixed are slim to none. I do like to think however they might get them updating again.

Ragsus Maxima
3rd February 2012, 01:36 PM
From these guys, I'd say the odds are quite scarce, but with the arrival of Wipeout 2048 maybe they'll think about this more seriously.

yeldar2097
3rd February 2012, 01:59 PM
Still out of the office. Not sure why it has to be this particular person but ok.
I shall speak to them on Monday.

Colonel
3rd February 2012, 03:49 PM
Good effort yeldar, best of luck.

By the way. sorry I haven't posted the draft petition yet, been kind of busy with one thing and another. I'll get it done this weekend.

Colonel
4th February 2012, 01:35 PM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=211609&postcount=114 :g

SoA_Booney
4th February 2012, 04:35 PM
omg awesome news! i wonder now if the times people had set in the period that they had not been working will re update? otherwise people will have to o over the records all over again :L not that im fussy, you dont understand how much i want the leaderboards self updating and will happily try to match my records but others may not :P

goddessloviatar
5th February 2012, 08:47 PM
Totally, utterly brilliant!
I started reaching an acceptably mediocre skill level when the boards broke, cant wait to see if my online rank goes up or down!

Reezy
7th February 2012, 01:30 PM
Great work Gadaffi, excited for this new patch!

SaturnReturn
11th February 2012, 08:56 PM
Well done. Good effort!