PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Wipeout game for its landscape/environments?

mrDMG
29th January 2012, 02:05 AM
(Sorry if this the wrong section, pls move if there is a better place for it)

Just curious...

What game in the Wipeout series is your favourite as far as the track location, landscape and environment is concerned? ...and Why?

Xpand
29th January 2012, 02:19 PM
Pure because most tracks are blended into natural sceneries.

jesse9705
30th January 2012, 05:26 AM
Yeah i think pure had the Most diverse selection of tracks, As well as the most natural, I'd like to see some actual Tracks through forests and such in feature games, I don't really care if the newer games that feature 'natural' tracks are on an alien planet, I would just to see the diversity that pure had.

squareballref
4th March 2012, 03:01 PM
I find HD to be the best, as it mixes the best of two games. If I had to pick a game with original tracks though, I'd choose Pulse.

Amorbis
4th March 2012, 03:34 PM
The variety of setting in Pure is good, as it shows of urban environments, such as Chenghou as well as the natural ones such as Blue Ridge. However I'm also a fan of Wip3out's city setting and how it has lots of different areas in the same city shown off. The dark theme of tracks such as Sampa Run contrast well with the lighter and more natural tracks such as P-Mar Project.

P-Mar Project stands out to me most due to the urban park setting it has, combining the trees and architecture. The bit with blossom falling off the trees looks great, even at Phantom speed.

Iwishantigravwasreal
29th April 2012, 06:08 PM
Pure. Sometimes I'd go on freeplay and just glide slowly around the track, looking at the scenery. That's how good I thought it was.

xtriko
3rd May 2012, 07:10 PM
2097 :) Darkness ehehehe

Dusk118
8th May 2012, 06:18 AM
Pure. Such beauty.

Dark
10th May 2012, 09:17 AM
hi everyone i'm a newcomer! but i love wipeout since ps1 days.. ^o^
i havent played pure and pulse, anyway my favourite game as environments its 2097, cause it has tracks set in days and night... and landscapes such sagarmatha or valparaiso are awesome :)
fusion has the 2nd place in environments... cause mandrashee and alca vexus or temtesh bay are very stunning... too bad they were in fusion! lol
HD has cool environments... but i would have preferred more 'night' tracks, and at least one naturalistic (like valparaiso for example)

so in my opinion, 2097 and fusion WINS!! :)

Razgriz375
10th July 2012, 05:06 PM
For me, WO3 has some of the best landscapes and enviroments, but also Pure for it's well integrated courses. Sol and Sol 2 are also a firm favourite.

wildmorgan
12th July 2012, 12:02 PM
Hmm, you guys may guffaw, but as far as track design goes I still love the tracks from the original Wipeout. My favourite track in 2097 was Sagarmatha, but that was more because of the setting/environment than track design. But yeah, Pure is also really good for setting/environment, the underwater tunnel(s) from Vineta K is sublime.

I don't like how short the tracks are in the later Wipeouts. Remember how long Korodera and Silverstream were? They were epic compared to the tracks you see now.

JABBERJAW
12th July 2012, 03:53 PM
Agreed on korodera and silverstream.

I would go

Wo fusion
Woxl
Wo1

Fusion really does have some excellent tracks, in wide ranges of areas.

wildmorgan
12th July 2012, 04:39 PM
Fusion really does have some excellent tracks, in wide ranges of areas.

I actually really liked Fusion, it's the worst of the Wipeout games for it's control system and lack of that WO signature, but it's still a good game and a testament to how good the series is as a whole. And I agree, it did introduce some cool ideas as far as tracks are concerned, it even had weather which affected visibility and things like that.

Iwishantigravwasreal
20th June 2013, 01:38 PM
Hmm, you guys may guffaw, but as far as track design goes I still love the tracks from the original Wipeout. My favourite track in 2097 was Sagarmatha, but that was more because of the setting/environment than track design. But yeah, Pure is also really good for setting/environment, the underwater tunnel(s) from Vineta K is sublime.

I don't like how short the tracks are in the later Wipeouts. Remember how long Korodera and Silverstream were? They were epic compared to the tracks you see now.

I've never raced those tracks, but judging purely on those from pure and pulse, I'd definitely agree that they are wayyyy too short - if it was real, and crowds came to see phantom races, how would they last long enough to be worth travelling to (even taking into account the extra laps)?

Defjukie16
20th June 2013, 04:09 PM
Yeah this thread would need to go to the pilot lounge.

Kyonshi
21st June 2013, 12:17 AM
For me, WipEout XL wins.

This was the first WipEout games where tracks had "personality". While i loved the tracks first WipEout, they appeared more generic besides XL tracks (well, maybe not SilverStream and Firestar...:)) and they totally blew away the other tracks from the previous game. Seriously; a track set during a Himalayan snowstorm (Sagarmatha)? Another, set at nightime, into an abandoned French subway station, during a thunderstorm (Gare d'Europa)? On set in the amazonian jungle (Valparaiso)? How about the compound and fragmented tracks of Vostok Island and the great Spilskinanke? SO EPIC. How can't you be amazed by that? :D

AGSys
21st June 2013, 11:11 AM
Definitely Pure. There was something about it that I just can't explain, maybe it was the lighting? I just loved every single track on it (except for that second track of the Beta courses, although even that had a nice atmosphere).

Iwishantigravwasreal
26th June 2013, 10:53 AM
I agree. Citta Nuova is by far the most annoying of the alpha/beta tracks, especially the series of bends towards the end of the course.

havoc33
13th August 2013, 11:24 AM
I definitively like the environments/tracks of the original trilogy the most. They had for the most part a more gritty, industrial feel than the later colorful neon paletted tracks, and had more natural scenery as well, which I am very fond of. I have a soft spot for most of the courses in the first game, although I realize that there are "better" and technically more impressive tracks in the later games. The setting of Gare D'Europa was spectacular, as was Valparaiso, Odessa Keys and Sagarmatha from 2097. From Wip3out, Megamall, Manor Top and P-Mar Project stood out. Once again, huge contrast in styles between these courses, which keeps it interesting.

From HD/Fury, I love Sol, Chenghou Project, Tech de Ra and Sebenco Climb.

From Wipeout Fusion I can't honestly remember a single course.

Considering buying a Vita actually, just so I can try 2048. I tried it at a mates house, and it looked amazing. I wish they would port it to PS3!