PDA

View Full Version : YAY I have a 1 record on the prototype track...

Pirhana59
28th April 2003, 11:40 AM
That was so random, I just looked at Lap Records on Vector for Ls101 and I have first place..I have only updated my times once and i already hold a top spot...I'm so excited!!!

:D

-pirhana59

Brother Laz
28th April 2003, 11:44 AM
Anyone actually races that track on that speed? :)

Now Manor Top on Phantom class? :)

Pirhana59
28th April 2003, 02:30 PM
sorryy... :( I wasn't trying to break any records...It just randomly happened. That was when I started playing.Next i'll do it on Rapier or Phantom...sheesh... :roll:

-pirhana59 (somewhat discouraged)

P.S Break my record then...

infoxicated
28th April 2003, 02:43 PM
Actually, it is the way to go, I think.

Knowing that I wasn't going to beat the Al Sartwell's of the world at Phantom, I decided to make Manortop "my house" at the lower speeds.

It worked out really well... except that I have a faster laptime for Rapier than I do at Phantom for Manortop! duh!

Honestly, if you cant beat the speed freaks and their NegCons then drop down a level or two where the NegCon isn't a factor. :)

xEik
28th April 2003, 03:19 PM
I think you did some kind of error.
Your race record is 2:21.26 and a lap record of 34.10 seconds? :roll:
Assuming first lap is the slowest it would mean that first lap took you 1:47.16 and after that you did a lap in 34.10. That's what I call recover from a bad start. Three times faster :o .
Doublecheck the records on your memory card. I don't doubt of your honesty but I remember that my first post in WipeoutZone forums two years ago was to apologise after realising I had messed it up the first time I had input my records. That was the only time I've been ahead of Al Startwell. ;)

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Pirhana59
28th April 2003, 04:42 PM
that might be...though I hope not...But I'll check my card and update tonight..thanks for the heads up

Task
28th April 2003, 05:18 PM
LS101 Vector? We had a challenge on that track. That should be a really tough record to get.

Minus the funny of the comment of Brother Laz, you'll find someone seriously racing every track at every speed. Any 1st place record you can get is in some way an accomplishment.

Lance
28th April 2003, 05:19 PM
Pirhana59: on that track in that racing class, it is the closest thing to a certainty that you will ever find in life that you'll have to be using an Icaras to get a record best time :)
considering your best overall time, and that you were using an AG-S [a wonderful ship in many circumstances, but not the best one for this circuit and speed class], it would seem, as xEik indicates, that an error has been made

''.I have only updated my times once and i already hold a top spot... ''
that should always make one suspicious of one's times. the pilots take their records very seriously, so always triple check your times. or double check the first time, then next day, check again. sometimes one's brain gets into a groove where it can't see a mistake it made until circumstances change

Jay: indeed. anyone who can beat FoxZero's vector class time on that track has pulled off a near miracle. sigh. i was the one who set up that challenge... and look how far back i am. tsk.

Pirhana59
28th April 2003, 06:07 PM
ok then...since evryone disagrees with me...there must be something wrong with my card...or i typed itwrong...at any rate what should I decrease my time to so the rightful owner offirst place can take it back?

dismayed at memory card

-pirhana59

infoxicated
28th April 2003, 06:36 PM
This seems like a strange one - if you've matched the track / class / race type correctly then it would take something pretty weird for it to be out by much... :-?

Lance
28th April 2003, 06:43 PM
you may have read a time on your memcard page from a different class, then typed it into the wz times table box for vector class. this is easy to do with the records display layout of WO3

if it turns out that a mistake has been made, you can either enter the valid time, or if you're doubtful of its accuracy, enter a time of 9 59 59 to match the default entry. this will be read as a non-time, so you would not show up on the record for that track and class.

Pirhana59
28th April 2003, 08:30 PM
will do. thanks for the heads up though...I KNEW it was too good to be true...Oh well...maybe next time. :lol:

Pirhana59
29th April 2003, 01:54 AM
oh by the way I checked my card nothings defective on it... :-? PHEW....But I am an idiot and as someone added my record was not for vector it was for Rapier.. I wasn't looking rigth so sorry won't try to amke the same mistake again...

infoxicated
29th April 2003, 08:21 AM
Congrats - you are our 1000th member to do that! ;)

Don't worry about it - it happens all the time and in most cases it is an accident. :)

xEik
29th April 2003, 08:53 AM
Infox is right. As I told you on my previous post I also entered some of my records in the wrong place the first time.
It's kind of usual :P
But don't worry. If you try hard enough you should be able to take at least some top three.
In fact, the problem is that you have just begun and some people here have played the game for four years and know almost every technique to improve their records.
However, when the record tables were young there was much more changes in positions because everyone was learning how to handle the game.

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

FoxZero
29th April 2003, 08:55 AM
whew! i was about to eat my hat!

Brother Laz
29th April 2003, 12:42 PM
Congrats - you are our 1000th member to do that! ;)

Don't worry about it - it happens all the time and in most cases it is an accident. :)

This is actually on purpose... to emulate the 'Wipeout Experience'. Ever hit the Save option instead of Load in Wipeout? (made harder by 6pt font, of course)

Just kidding Infox :D

Btw, I wasn't making fun of you, I just noticed that LS101 in Vector is about the only track/class I have never raced. :)

infoxicated
29th April 2003, 01:46 PM
I remember Newie done that... man, that was the definition of irony - man who waxed lyrical about the greatness of the menu design by tDR gets confused by them and overwrites his memory card save with a blank one! :lol:

Classic! :P

Actually, despite the irony, I did feel sorry for Newie - I have lost a Madden franchise due to accedentally removing myself as head coach of my team... had to start all over again.

Lance
29th April 2003, 03:32 PM
i accidentally wiped all my WO3 times once. it took me a week of pretty solid racing to recover. i beat all the previous times but one, so it turned out to be a good thing. however, after that i ran with two memory cards and duplicated the records each time i did a confirmed save

i've stopped doing that now, but maybe i should return to the practice

infoxicated
29th April 2003, 03:57 PM
I have a save on a memory card in my drawer at work, and another at home. Bad thing is I have different records on each, which is a bit of a bummer. Sometimes during my lunch hour I'll beat a record and think "Yay! the man still has it!" and then I'll go to update my records here and find I'd already bettered it at some other time at home!

FoxZero
29th April 2003, 07:09 PM
i bought one of those interact dex drives to copy my wipeout saves onto pc but i havent done it for a while and i left the drive before i moved :O

AmishRobot
29th April 2003, 11:45 PM
I just took a look at the tables for the first time in months. Ouch! I'm going to buy another PSX this weekend.

Brother Laz
30th April 2003, 07:46 AM
Hmmm... looking at those tables I'd have the 6th lap time on LS104 Phantom if I actually got off my lazy bum and entered it. Not that anyone plays that track, with the #10 being an amazing 40 seconds. ;)