PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable Content/Patch ideas:

Blaey
27th January 2012, 08:03 PM
Just thought it would be good to put ideas for patches and dlc in one thread! :)

personally i'd love to see some 'classic' skins for the ships that resemble the wipeout 2052 ships!

lanceurdehache
27th January 2012, 08:06 PM
From what i ve seen, the Speed class ship are a reimagination of the ship in WipEout 1, off course i did not play the game but i would like a head to head mode like in WipEout Pulse

leungbok
27th January 2012, 08:11 PM
There's few 1 vs 1 on the campaign ! ;)

lanceurdehache
27th January 2012, 08:14 PM
Really nice to hear. Do they have the weapon off like in Pulse ?

leungbok
27th January 2012, 08:29 PM
There's only two head to head events in fact, i thought it was more :redface: both have missiles only activated. The first race is weapon off.

JABBERJAW
28th January 2012, 12:54 AM
1) Custom controls and racebox type menu. I would be happy with just that

2) turbos on TT

3) TT multiplayer

I'm not concerned with faster loading, with IMO far more important things that need to be fixed/added

Blaey
27th February 2012, 11:40 PM
So after playing Altima on Wipeout 2048 I feel they should release the rest of the tracks from the original wipeout game as DLC/patch because they'd look (and play) great on the vita :3

hunterx848
28th February 2012, 04:31 PM
-the option to add and deactivate songs and the scrollbar that shows which song is currently playing
-racebox-like options for multiplayer
-mp/h display
-audio warnings instead of explanation that an item with a shield symbol is actually a shield -.-
-unlockable artworks like in pure

Temet
28th February 2012, 04:52 PM
So after playing Altima on Wipeout 2048 I feel they should release the rest of the tracks from the original wipeout game as DLC/patch because they'd look (and play) great on the vita :3
My wish is to never read that again :g
Don't get me wrong, I love Altima... I'm just done with tracks remakes (in 3SE, in Pure, in HD... ). That's enough! I'm fully happy with the new tracks.

Needs are custom controls (event if I'm ok with current ones) and Racebox-like mode adhoc/online... and I hope offline.

The other parts are bonus, and irrelevant since the previous ones are not added.

amplificated
28th February 2012, 05:05 PM
-mp/h display

No ultra high tech utopian future I'm willing to be a part of should retain any "imperial" measurements. Hmph!

Hellfire_WZ
28th February 2012, 07:45 PM
Something I've noticed, especially in Combat. When playing as Qirex, every so often the FEISAR announcer kicks in when you pick up a turbo.

Dogg Thang
28th February 2012, 07:47 PM
Qirex working with stolen parts?

Boycey83
28th February 2012, 08:19 PM
Haha. I actually laughed at that, now I feel like a total nerd.

Hellfire_WZ
28th February 2012, 10:33 PM
Karl Jones discusses future updates, both free and paid DLC

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/02/27/wipeout-2048s-future-new-features-new-ways-to-play-things-we-didn%E2%80%99t-get-time-to-do/

Amorbis
28th February 2012, 11:13 PM
Something I've noticed, especially in Combat. When playing as Qirex, every so often the FEISAR announcer kicks in when you pick up a turbo.

I find that this happens with all the ships if you absorb lots of weapons quickly in a row. I've had it happen a lot when I'm trying to do the A+ campaign challenges.

Autechom
29th February 2012, 02:36 PM
One hour ago@facebook:
Hi everyone, we are putting a second update into the server right now that should permanently fix the ("an error occured when connecting to the server") problem that people were experiencing. Please let us know if you were experiencing the problem on bootup and whether it is now fixed for you. All should be well soon after the update completes in the next hour. The server will stay as it is updated live :)

MarcoM
1st March 2012, 09:51 AM
Please Studio Liverppol, add racebox. I really miss that, especially off line. I not good enough for online :)

Racebox addition would truly make 2048 the game that will always be "on" on my Vita.

leungbok
1st March 2012, 06:41 PM
Once again, i have a request (always the same, lol). Of course a racebox for offline/online customisable races and tournaments is an absolute necessity.
Well, 2048, even more than wipeoutHD is combat orientated rather than pure racing. Ok, if it's what's the majority of new players wants (luck pick up instead of learning/memorizing tracks and skill's improvements), but a timetrial multiplayer online mode (ala pure) would be the way for the few decades of hardcore old timers fans (not a mass market target) to also enjoy the game.

Dogg Thang
2nd March 2012, 08:41 AM
I have a pretty pointless thing for the patch list. Given I'm not the biggest fan of 2048 and there are far bigger issues, I shouldn't even be mentioning this but I actually find it pretty distracting - on the last corner of Queen's Mall, a background element (a couple of towers in the distance) pops up out of nowhere. It catches my eye every time. Can that be fixed? Possibly not... but then are they even needed? If they can't be there all the time, maybe they should go?

feisar rocket
2nd March 2012, 07:05 PM
Simple, classic / old school mode. No absorb, and pits return. I'd like to see that.

Shouldn't that be a easy patch? Just adding a part of the track just for health regen? Except many people are going to use defense pads though.

JABBERJAW
2nd March 2012, 07:18 PM
@ Leung, that was in my letter months ago regarding the TT head to head, just so you know. A racebox that is exactly the same for all three modes would be perfect, meaning all the race types for mp,adhoc and SP. Seems like it would be easier to program to me, since all three elements would be the same. Also, even though they give you all those combat events, a racebox would truly turn it into a racing game first and foremost. Weapons do not slow you as much as the three previous titles, and would make a great mp racing experience IF it actually is made properly

amplificated
2nd March 2012, 08:32 PM
Given there's no reason to expect anything revolutionary to come by completely changing the game's gameplay, the only ideas to request or expect are obvious: better options and front end, quicker load times, and DLC.

The DLC could potentially be creative, at least. However, I think that's a secondary concern in the face of the first two problems - me and my Japanese version of the game are getting impatient with the complete lack of updates... the load times in particular are preventing me from playing. If I have some down time, I'd rather read a book or browse the web than stare at a loading screen. Being able to push up little triangles while I wait doesn't make up for it.

leungbok
2nd March 2012, 10:20 PM
I sympathize with your issue on the japanese version (a shame really, even if japan isn't a wipeout lover !), but waiting for patches and dlc there's enough stuff to discover and having fun on the various speed laps available (only loading at launch and I thought it was your favorite mode :beer) ! :)
@ Al, i know that you asked for this mode previously, but the more it's evocated the better it is ! ;)

JABBERJAW
3rd March 2012, 02:19 AM
Agreed, just saying the suggestions were ignored 100% months ago. I'm just pissed as I would like to play some a+ races of my choice online, or time trials at the very least. I see it nowhere near close to being able to do this. There are only so many speed laps I want to do. I refuse to play online campaign anymore as i dont like it at all. As Rob said previously, if it wasnt wipeout, i wouldnt even look at this mode, unless it is absolutely necessary to get ships/ tracks, ect.

leungbok
3rd March 2012, 08:42 AM
I agree with you, i start to be annoyed by those online campaign events when you can't even do any race faster than B (i don't care if A+ is available sometimes on combat events, this mode ISN'T made for racing !!). Anyway i persevered on that online campaign, hoping to see maybe an A+ race at some point. i was curious to see if it could be at least available once the 20 levels of the campaign would be achieved...until...i had the same bug as Al or Kaori and my online campaign reinitialised from lvl 18 to lvl 1 :blarg
So, that online campaign is build to be endlessly frustrating :?::! :-
Fortunately the speed laps are awesome and i keep having fun with the game !

Hellfire_WZ
3rd March 2012, 11:00 AM
Patch 1.02 is in the works. All that's been said so far is a further reduction in load times. There's also 2.50 incoming for HD which should fix all the AI issues introduced from 2.40. They have also acknowledged the loss of 2048 campaign progress and are working on it.

leungbok
3rd March 2012, 12:28 PM
They can spare some works in fixing that online campaign. They just have to rip it off and replace it by a racebox !

JABBERJAW
3rd March 2012, 01:59 PM
I dont even care about load times right now, fix the damn racebox problem, and as much as I really want custom controls, the racebox in the three modes is by far the most important thing.

Has the patch even happened in the Japanese version yet? Should I just start over with the US version?

amplificated
3rd March 2012, 06:51 PM
I can wait for a patch to the front end, but I am barely going to touch the game if it takes me 3 minutes from opening the game to getting into a track. I thought handhelds were supposed to be pick up and play? Ah well, differences of opinions, eh?

And as far as I can tell, no, no patches have been released for the Japanese version at all.

Hellfire_WZ
3rd March 2012, 07:04 PM
The Japanese patch is on the way.

Here's the Facebook page for all technical assistance, plus details of patched problems
http://www.facebook.com/notes/wipeout-2048/assistance-with-wipeout/296415437091069

amplificated
3rd March 2012, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the link, Hellfire; I think I'll be needing to revisit it at some stage.

JABBERJAW
4th March 2012, 01:01 AM
Most of this is for the US, why not all three regions at once. The game was still months from being done, it shouldn't have been released like this, as much as I want to play, this is just too much crap.