PDA

View Full Version : Ozone - 11th February 2012

Colonel
27th January 2012, 10:23 AM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x188/logicevents/Ozone_Logo30pc.jpg

Ozone IV - Saturday 11th February 2012

Ozone Social Group (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/group.php?groupid=81) - Because you're worth it :P

Ozone Leaderboards (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArRl3YNE85fkdFhVazlVTU5CSklNajB4S1lHWEJVd FE) – Will be updated by midnight tonight, I promise!

Well it's the last Ozone before the Western launch of 2048, and therefore the last "HD-Only" Ozone. From March onwards novide and I will find a way to incorporate 2048 into Ozone events, hopefully ensuring the event has a long and prosperous future. But for now, let's talk about February.

The date for your diaries is Saturday 11th February 2012. As always we'll be starting at approximately 10.00am (GMT), and will hopefully be going well into the evening, at least 10.00pm anyway.

The rooms we'll be hosting are:

Phantom Single Race – traditional Grand Prix (All tracks, forward and reverse... one race with weapons, one without)

Rapier Single race – traditional Grand Prix

Flash Single Race – Weapons on

Zone Battle – 50 – 55 target, All tracks

Rapier Eliminator – variable targets, selected tracks

* Bling Brigade Room - 3.00pm(GMT)

** Endurance Trophy match (12 race rapier tournament) - available on request, for anyone who needs it.

As always, all offers to host will be gratefully received, as we'll both need some break time during the day. Personally I'm patchy at remembering to write down winning times which doesn't help, but novide and others are much more on the ball. This month I'll endeavour to get all the times though ;)

Also, this month I'd like to try something different. It's an idea I've pinched from andyf53, that he apparently used to do with friends of his online. At various points during the day somebody can nominate a Speed Lap of their choosing. All players leave the lobby, and have exactly 10 minutes to complete the Speed Lap. Then we post our times in The Ozone Room, which I'll write in this thread after the event. If it works, cracking. If it doesn't, we never talk of it again :lol

With regards to team events, I am looking for volunteers for a) a 4vs4 Rapier Tournament and b) a 3vs3 Zone Battle Session (6 tracks). I'd also like to do the Harimau Racers Club Vs AG-Systems match that we didn't get round to last time. All suggestions for other matches we can play will be very welcome.

The last event was particularly well attended, here's hoping this one is too. If you've not been to one of these before, give me a shout and I'll send you an invite to The Ozone Room. That way it'll be in your chat room list and you can jump in at any time during the day.

See you on Saturday 11th,

Colonel__Gaddafi and novide :rock

Dark_Phantom_89
27th January 2012, 10:28 AM
Argh, I'll be out on that day but should be able to join later on in the evening. I do love a bit of Ozone!

MyNameIsBom
27th January 2012, 11:37 AM
School..... so i got to give this one a miss.

Oryx Crake
27th January 2012, 12:12 PM
I'll be there for some races :) gotta keep up my reputation eh? Also there's nothing better than having a laugh with good friends and what better opportunity is there?

UB3R~JKP
27th January 2012, 12:38 PM
I'll be there for a bit! :tup:

Azurooth
27th January 2012, 06:28 PM
This ozone i will not miss. Missed the last one cause... well i had no internet for the moment. :P Looking forward to this one.

onlykpop
29th January 2012, 06:23 AM
Damn....i wish i could join but i will be away at school :(

joeg_garcia78
30th January 2012, 06:51 PM
a pleasure to participate in the tournament phamton HRC vs. AG-Sys :)

happy to participate again in the ozone :)

Ragsus Maxima
30th January 2012, 07:02 PM
Ozone plus the tourney... This is gonna be a looooong day... :)

joeg_garcia78
30th January 2012, 07:05 PM
something that could not forget the birthday of a friend, happy birthday adam :) you have a good week cheers :beer :D

Challenger #001
30th January 2012, 07:51 PM
That Speed Lap thing sounds a blast - I'd love to try it. :3

Olivario
30th January 2012, 09:44 PM
I'm up for any of those three events :) If I had to choose one, I'd chose that Rapier 4vs4 as I've already played once with HRC, and thus other Harimau racers can take part this time.

And I agree with Challenger, that sounds great!

MyNameIsBom
2nd February 2012, 12:53 AM
I just checked the calender, its on a saturday, that means i can try and join! but i will probably be in the last 3 hours of the event though...

LJtheZombie
2nd February 2012, 02:01 AM
I'm in, as always. Put me in for the Rapier tournament!

Also, have we got any other Goteki pilots here? HRC seems to get all the fun, and I won't have it. Seriously, look me up, there needs to be a Team Goteki of some sort.

Challenger #001
2nd February 2012, 04:50 AM
A lot of the 'old school' used to fly Goteki but it's gone out of fashion compared to the lighter ships of late.

I suppose we could always make a 'Bad Boys' team of Qirex, Triakis, Goteki and EG-X but I dunno if we could really make even that.

stin
2nd February 2012, 05:47 PM
Oops wrong topic! please delete my post. thank you.

stevie:)

Colonel
12th February 2012, 01:11 PM
Huge thanks to everybody who took part in yesterday's Ozone. Whilst it didn't seem as busy as last month's, it was still a great day with some awesome races. Hope I haven't missed anybody here...

Weed_Junky2, AnnoyingOrange72, ID_7of9, LJTheZombie, SoA_Booney, Anderkovver, runingman111, AIIRWOLF, Challenger001, garymaxwell, Traksta1, Azurooth, Serpent, oliver_fighter7, Rennfisch, FlintFandango, vhlad13, Ragsus_Maxima, meesiash, morfeo378, Oryx_Crake, kaori714, P_Denton, bazzman32, JorG_Garcia, Dark_Phantom_89, MynameisBom, T-zig

Sorry I had to duck out earlier than I wanted, and for my rather scatty involvement in the Phantom room towards the end. A couple of friends came round and it just isn't possible to race and chat, whilst being anything other than completely rude to your guests :redface:

Really enjoyed the 4vs4 Rapier tournament, Results of which were:

Azurooth, Colonel__Gaddafi, LJTheZombie and SoA_Booney: 286
novide, oliver_fighter7, Rennfisch and SpacemanSpiff: 172

Videos of this will be up in a couple of days.

Who knows what next month's will hold? With the release of 2048 (which novide is getting day 1), Ozone will be a very different event. Hope it works anyway.

All the best,

Adam :)

Olivario
12th February 2012, 02:47 PM
Very good races yesterday, that Rapier Tournament was one of the bests team matches I've taken part in. Looking forward to the next Ozone with some objectives for me: playing more Phantom and some Eliminators :)

onlykpop
12th February 2012, 05:04 PM
I hope there will be fun videos for me to watch on youtube??? :D

Dark_Phantom_89
12th February 2012, 09:29 PM
Thank you for another great Ozone event Colonel and Novide! Sorry I was late to this one.

Azurooth
12th February 2012, 11:41 PM
Had lot's of fun, already looking forward to the next one. Thanks gadd and novide for hosting ozone. =)

P_Denton
13th February 2012, 12:10 AM
Oh crap I didn't even notice, now I finally see how I managed to get a full room. No wonder why no one would hang over the avalon chat room :lol Thanks for the games everyone, it was a blast :D

MyNameIsBom
13th February 2012, 02:47 AM
Even though i managed to turn up in the last 1 and a half hours of it, It was really fun! massive competition between everyone, lots of intense racing. this is my first Ozone Event and i must say its awesome! Looking forward to the next one :P Untill then i must practise! :g

Oryx Crake
13th February 2012, 03:42 PM
Ah well was nice racing you again dent, you left me in the dust a couple of times there. was good to see Kaori on as well.

And bom was good seeing you there too, nice sparring on sebenco.

Ragsus Maxima
15th February 2012, 03:20 PM
Again, thanks both to our organizers Gaddafi and Novide for giving us another chance to have a blast together in these events. :)

Unfortunately for me, because of the stressful day I had for reasons that they're irrelevant, I couldn't fully enjoy the event of this month as I'd like to. In the end, I have less footage to work with but the enough to create a video of at least 25 minutes.

For this month, I only was capable to take footage from the Phantom races, so it'll be like the first one I did in October but without the extra footage from another game mode.

Video link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APGvDT_rV0o)

Please note that I had to exclude some videos for this project so it could come up with a fair video lenght; I wish I could include as much videos as I can, but in the end, the video would become boring to watch (and also, it'd take hours and hours to upload, and I'm not that kind of person who let his PC on for all night long, although sometimes I can't help it).

But anyway, I hope you like this new Ozone issue that I've brought to you guys.

Colonel
20th February 2012, 12:15 PM
Here's the Rapier Tournament from my perspective:

Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwf77p-KUiQ)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnk47xbyQeA)

I know novide and Booney are interested in doing a split screen thing. I'm up for it but I'll have to upload the vids with no music, and with my poxy Sky broadband that will take a while. These two vids took about 15 hours to upload :(

I got some footage of the Phantom Room and some ZB, but I have so much on at the moment I've not had a chance to edit them, sorry.

Oh and I've updated the leaderboards to the best of my knowledge, there may be some times to come from novide though.

Archon
9th April 2012, 07:49 AM
When's Aprils' Ozone? I feel like we all need this...

Colonel
9th April 2012, 03:16 PM
Me too Archon, thanks for giving me a nudge. I'll talk to novide and we'll sort something out for this month, guaranteed :+