PDA

View Full Version : 2048 Media Reviews

Colonel
26th January 2012, 02:06 PM
I thought it might be a good idea to put some of the media reviews for 2048 in their own thread. Combined with the opinions of WOZ members, they might help undecided people like myself come to a decision whether to buy it.

Here's the first one I've found, this is from EuroGamer: 7/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-26-wipeout-2048-review

amplificated
26th January 2012, 05:43 PM
Just thought I'd say that while that Eurogamer review doesn't go into specifics and doesn't cover much ground, it's pretty accurate from my point of view.

I'll post my thoughts on the game after I've completed the single player campaign and done a few multiplayer races.

trk_rkd
27th January 2012, 06:20 AM
Just thought I'd say that while that Eurogamer review doesn't go into specifics and doesn't cover much ground, it's pretty accurate from my point of view.

I'll post my thoughts on the game after I've completed the single player campaign and done a few multiplayer races.

hmm doesn't sound great... I'm getting s fusion-ish vibe from all this...

amplificated
27th January 2012, 09:01 AM
I don't understand how you think the negatives are so drastic. The review says the core part of the game is where it shines, and that's the most important thing, no?

The game may not be the next coming of jesus, but it's still a good game, and fills that Wipeout crave like no other game series can.

morfeo378
28th January 2012, 07:46 PM
a video review in french, good score, I do not understand absoutamente anything, but it will be interesting

http://www.jeuxactu.com/test-video-wipeout-2048-78661.htm

lanceurdehache
28th January 2012, 09:13 PM
They dont enter in the specific, they mostly do an overview of the basic gameplay

Apparently WipEout Pulse was launched after WipEout HD

Anyone know who are the Chimical Broser ? :lol

(it is always hilarios how the French from France says the english word lol)

They also say that the game is hard (AI is hard), is really beautifull, that the soundtrack is amazing. the game is fluid, is one of the best in the franchise and is the game with Uncharted Golden Abyss that make the PSVita worth it

Darkdrium777
28th January 2012, 10:01 PM
About the game's fluidity, I have to ask you Al, if you're reading this... And anyone else who's played Eliminator a lot. Does the game framerate drop? These review do not mention that and instead praise the opposite. But Al's been talking about choppiness when there are AI ships and lots of particle effects. So which is it?

lanceurdehache
28th January 2012, 10:57 PM
Also We don't know if the reviewer complete the game, you can see in the video that he complete the first season but you can t see if he complete the second season, we can speculate and say that the frame drop are probably in higter speed class

G'Kyl
31st January 2012, 05:38 AM
Strangely enough, I recognized frame drops in an earlier version as well (when I played one of the slower speed classes), but haven't seen any during my first hours with the retail game. Maybe they become more apparent in higher speed classes, but so far I dare say: Forget about something that won't affect you enjoying Eliminator! :)

Ben

JABBERJAW
31st January 2012, 05:26 PM
Higher speed class combat races go sometimes to maybe 15 fps, yes it is choppy. Maybe not all the tracks, I play just to get through. The single races never get this bad, but the framerates do go down when lots of ships are onscreen. It's worse for combat because everyone is firing.

As far as reviews, they don't really talk about what we want to hear. You have heard my major complaints, and those are in other threads, but here is a simple assessment

Gameplay: Grade = A Not quite an A + because of some frame drops, and no turbos ( this is minor complaint). fantastic feel, far better than HD/pure/pulse/ fusion

Front end: options, game choices. F- No custom controls or racebox style options. The best part of the game was taken out for a quest mode. Every good option from EVERY wipeout game has been removed.

love9sick
31st January 2012, 07:47 PM
Picking this up on the 22nd with the wifi version of vita. If this is anything like Wipeout Fusion, I will find out where Liver Pool team lives and punch all their pet Kittehs.

JABBERJAW
1st February 2012, 12:40 AM
It's nothing like fusion. The gameplay is far better, the options are far worse

love9sick
1st February 2012, 12:42 AM
It's nothing like fusion. The gameplay is far better, the options are far worse

What options are missing? I happen to like the entire season idea for single player though it pretty much is the same thing as in Wipeout HD. Once I beat the game it all becomes about time trials for me anyway. Time trial is still there right?

morfeo378
2nd February 2012, 10:40 PM
Another review in french

http://jeuxpsvita.com/review/test-wipeout-2048

lanceurdehache
2nd February 2012, 11:22 PM
I ll resume this one too, Great graphism, no aliasing, they explain the basic mode, the framerate drop during Combat mode (they say that the FPS are at 60 even if it is 30) but are really constant in other mode, they say that the game is not for everyone having his own style

Apparently every Time Trial in this game is 2 lap long

They also say that some ship doesnt look as good as the other, that they seem less detailed can it be the Speed ship that are in my opinion a reimagination of the ship in WipEout 1 and have simpler look, i dont know

Not a great review, it is mostly an overview than a review (i m talking about the review they gave a pretty huge score)

leungbok
2nd February 2012, 11:28 PM
They didn't unlocked everything, some time trials have 3 laps ;)

lanceurdehache
3rd February 2012, 03:00 AM
is it sarcasm again ? (because i think TT in flash speed are 3 lap long in this version)

leungbok
3rd February 2012, 06:15 AM
No sarcasm, only infos :naughty ! 2048 isn't that easy and that fast to complete and you must at least finish the 3 campaigns on elite to unlock everything. It's too early to have a complete review of the game.
Time trials of season 2048 are 2 laps long (2 C and 1 B events). On 2049, there's one time trial event with 2 laps (B) and 2 events have 3 laps (B). On 2050, there's 6 time trial events at A class, 1 have 2 laps and the others have 3 laps.

JABBERJAW
3rd February 2012, 05:09 PM
The time trials are events, not choices. As you see what Leungbok said, there are not 10 TTs for each speed class on each track. I really wish they would piggyback the SL at the very least for these selections.

lanceurdehache
13th February 2012, 05:14 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/wipeout-2048/reviews/wipeout-2048-review-6349758/

pretty good review

lanceurdehache
13th February 2012, 08:12 PM
IGN review : http://youtu.be/eZ9fCFtr2tg

Wich is not out on their own website, strange

he point out the lack of option in multiplayer, the framerate

but did he really complained that the track should be simpler :eek

the footage is only from the Flash speed class (and venom when it is from HD) so we dont know if he complete the game :|

leungbok
13th February 2012, 08:24 PM
I doubt any reviewer will complete the games untill months ;)

Darkdrium777
13th February 2012, 08:35 PM
but did he really complained that the track should be simpler :eekNuh uh. He said the tracks should be easier to read. Not easier.

And to be honest, I agree with him.

I know I keep going back to it, but I've played a game with similar visual clutter like that before. Suffice to say that the best community maps for Unreal Tournament 3 are the HOLP style maps (http://holp.beyondunreal.com/). They look better, are easier on the eyes, play better and perform better on all types of computers.

When there's so much clutter on the track and the screen is small, it makes it very hard to see where you have to go, even when you've run laps on that track hundreds of times before. This is obviously a problem (That I have experienced personally on certain WipEout Pulse and HD Fury tracks), but there's another one that may come up before: you may run out of patience trying to play the track because it literally hurts your eyes as you try to decipher it's layout.

In all, despite the Youtube comments, I feel this is a good review that touches on important points. It's as I feel myself, with how the game was presented to me at least. The only negative is that he completely misinforms people about crossplay, but that's not his fault as I've said before.

Colonel
13th February 2012, 09:47 PM
Here's IGN's written review:
http://uk.vita.ign.com/articles/121/1218549p1.html

Sausehuhn
13th February 2012, 10:09 PM
Obviously they didn’t find out about Photo Mode ;)

Hellfire_WZ
13th February 2012, 10:13 PM
That's probably the most spot-on review I've seen based on feedback from those who own the game. I really hope they take notice of this one because they're right - newcomers will be completely absorbed by it, but veterans will feel like there's a lot of fundamental stuff missing.

lanceurdehache
13th February 2012, 10:28 PM
i like the quote from the dev on the option for multiplayer

i still dont know what to think of his comment on the track that are less readable, from the video i have seen i dont see a problem there but of course maybe when i will have played it, i will changed my mind

and i completely dont agree with him on Zone mode, it should stay there

leungbok
14th February 2012, 06:22 AM
I don't find the tracks harder to read than on other episodes, maybe he speaks about skill cuts and in that case it's a good thing that it is difficult to read at first and necessary to practice to race them.

Temet
14th February 2012, 06:57 AM
Yeah agreed, I like the multi-ways tracks too :)

Colonel
14th February 2012, 09:07 AM
Another 7/10 at Metro:
http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/890233-wipeout-2048-review-gravity-drive

And a pretty glowing review at TheSixthAxis:
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/02/13/wipeout-2048-review-ps-vita/

One thing I didn't know that's mentioned here is "the Vita’s first attempt at Cross Play lets you race with any combination of Vita and PS3 players as 2048 also has the tracks from WipEout HD installed for this very reason. PS3 players will find their game running at 30fps, though."

I'll be honest, I'm not arsed about playing HD at 30fps just for the sake of cross play.

Hellfire_WZ
14th February 2012, 09:40 AM
Again, the Metro highlights the lack of multiplayer and single player options as the biggest flaw... They need to realise that this could be the single biggest factor in why certain reviews have marked them down!

JABBERJAW
14th February 2012, 07:08 PM
I'd be happy with a response, " we are looking into these issues right now( options/ controls)". Instead, we are getting zero response of any kind, seemingly like they are hoping this will blow over.

zeeZ
15th February 2012, 05:35 AM
Giant Bomb did a video on 2048
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-wipeout-2048/17-5680/

G'Kyl
15th February 2012, 06:26 AM
newcomers will be completely absorbed by it
Will they? Or is it the assumption of "that's what it's gotta be like for newcomers" by a veteran? I'm asking because I actually don't feel like the game does a very good job of slowly settling you into things. It gets things going pretty quickly, it neither explains air brakes nor sideshifting nor barrel rolls. No videos, no graphics (as in Pure), no spoken explanation. I'm not sure I'd feel accommodated for as a new player.

I'm not saying this as a criticism - I'm actually being worried about WipEout not finding enough new fans to keep the series going strong.

leungbok
15th February 2012, 06:48 AM
no graphics (as in Pure)

there's on loading screens ! ;)

Darkdrium777
15th February 2012, 02:20 PM
Not enough.
If I recall WipEout HD has a pop up manual that appears if it's the first time you are playing it, and it explains pretty much everything.
It's honestly quite baffling how much they downgraded things. With the game using he same engine (more or less) I would have thought they would have had time to use copy and paste for certain existing functions... Oh like Racebox, stats page,and now manual page...
Thankfully the loading tips are still there. I never quite got the chance to read them completely in HD.

Pardon my sarcasm, but it really needs to be put together. Next time use a 4GB flash card. Fitting a game like HD on 2GB should have triggered a few alarms, mainly the one about running out of space to fit basic functions.
After blu-Ray you would think Sony would believe it's own marketing. 2GB is obsolete in terms of pure storage space for games nowadays.

leungbok
15th February 2012, 02:30 PM
you have a complete guide of 57 pages if you click on the question mark on the launch game screen, but it's in japanese on mine ;)

Hellfire_WZ
15th February 2012, 04:34 PM
Will they? Or is it the assumption of "that's what it's gotta be like for newcomers" by a veteran? I'm asking because I actually don't feel like the game does a very good job of slowly settling you into things. It gets things going pretty quickly, it neither explains air brakes nor sideshifting nor barrel rolls. No videos, no graphics (as in Pure), no spoken explanation. I'm not sure I'd feel accommodated for as a new player.

I'm not saying this as a criticism - I'm actually being worried about WipEout not finding enough new fans to keep the series going strong.

The inclusion of the much more sensitive Pilot Assist will probably solve that problem. Granted, it's not ideal, but it at least allows new players to immerse themselves in the game without feeling like they're being restricted by a set of controls that they can't grasp immediately. That needs to be the first step in the game - getting new players immersed enough to want to get better at it. This is of course just assumption based on what I've seen, I don't actually own it yet. Anyone who owns it will be in a much more qualified position, but that's just the impression I get.

G'Kyl
15th February 2012, 05:34 PM
there's on loading screens ! ;)
You're right. I wanted to look into that before posting it, but didn't. Still... I gotta stick with the general argument.

yeldar2097
15th February 2012, 06:47 PM
Fitting a game like HD on 2GB should have triggered a few alarms, mainly the one about running out of space to fit basic functions.

Isn't WOHD itself only around 1.2GB? That has plenty of race modes I like.
I think it's more just Sony/SL being **** tbh....and after trying to have a pleasant discussion about it with them I got the distinct impression they're not really fussed about what 'we' (WZ) have to say.

Bleh. GTFO 2048, you make me so mad :bomb, and so very sad :(.

Eloï
15th February 2012, 07:32 PM
I think it's more just Sony/SL being **** tbh....and after trying to have a pleasant discussion about it with them I got the distinct impression they're not really fussed about what 'we' (WZ) have to say.

Well they shouldn't imo 'cause it's not only WZ. Reaction on Neogaf when the lack of racebox is mentionned is basically the same incomprehension. Same about the lack of online options. I think that's not only a concern for fans here.

Darkdrium777
15th February 2012, 07:38 PM
Version 2.20 is 1873MB (Fury included.) The tracks are half as long as those in 2048. The art style direction for 2048 requires the creation of many more assets (Contemporary vs Sci-Fi themes) compared to HD Fury (Sci-Fi.) The inclusion of some HD Fury tracks for crossplay means that some space was already reserved for those.

The flash cards themselves, while reported as 2GB and 4GB, probably grant less space as usual for any storage format sold (GiB vs GB (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibibyte).) Additionally, there might be non-game related software on the cards such as DRM, save file storage management, DLC and updates management, and so forth.

I wouldn't say for sure, but I think that space management was discussed a few times... WipEout 2048 is 1.6GB in size after all (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/14/playstation-store-update-226/).

lanceurdehache
15th February 2012, 08:50 PM
I dont think the menu really take up space, usually thats the sound that take a lot of space ( i think that 5.1 file take a lot more place than a stereo one), Unreal Tournament 3 Audio is 3.85 gb and the complete game is 8 gb (with the Titan Pack)

i dont think you can judge the amount of option by the size of the game

Temet
15th February 2012, 09:57 PM
Take into account the texture sizes are supposed to be a lot smaller, so smaller space too ;)
Game size is not a parameter to take into account, definitely not.
The ships, the tracks and the music are included. Adding a menu for racebox would be like what? 1 extra MB patch?

Darkdrium777
15th February 2012, 10:56 PM
Funny you tell me I argue from ignorance yet you kind of do the same but in opposition.
Neither you nor I actually know what type and how many resources are pulled in by how much code just to make the menus.
Those fancy background effects with the triangles reacting to the rear touch panel might actually be 3D objects, with a surface texture, lighting effects, dynamic shadows and everything else (That's actually very likely considering they are dynamic.)
If that's the case, making a new racebox menu in the style of the rest of 2048's HUD would take a lot of time, and space on the storage...
I still think it's essential that they do make one, but sometimes stuff gets cut for the stupidest of reasons really.

lanceurdehache
16th February 2012, 01:24 AM
Sorry if i offended you, thats not what i wanted to do. I was just saying that you can't compare feature of a game with his size (I used the sound example because most people think that code take a lot place but thats one of the thing that take the less space. Just for example, the source code of Quake 3 is 22.4mb)

I dont think adding a Racebox would take a lot of space, i dont think using the background effect would be a good idea but if they did those effect are already in the game (it should also be programmed to be reusable, a good programmer is a lazy programmer :o ), you would probably need to code the option and add a few icons. I would prefer if the racebox would be an option between the Single-player campaign and the Online Campaign, the UI could be in 2D like for crossplay wich would be a lot easier to use IMO but it would only take a few mb because you would probably need new icon etc

KamatsuKyoto
16th February 2012, 01:55 PM
GameTrailers: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-wipeout-2048/726735

Temet
16th February 2012, 02:45 PM
Good one !!!
The guy is pointing the limited online and the crapy control options!
More of these please, it's a great support to convince SL to move their arse! :nod

lanceurdehache
16th February 2012, 03:37 PM
As you wish ;)

http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/wipeout-2048

leungbok
16th February 2012, 03:52 PM
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/wipeout-2048

"maybe too fast, particularly from B to A class" as a negative point ! :rolleyes:

Temet
16th February 2012, 03:55 PM
Yes... ok, this is not right..

But this :
- Can't set custom online matches
- Can't customize a control scheme
- Long load times, especially for a portable

Are right! ;)

JABBERJAW
16th February 2012, 04:37 PM
@yeldar, you called them and they blew off your comments? They didn't even acknowledge an email with me. They are trying to put this under the rug it sounds, hoping it blows over. If they had any interest in fixing this, then they at the very least come out with a comment, " we are looking into it"

They should be ashamed of themselves for treating their most loyal fan base like this. And for Petes sake, who thinks the campaign is a SUBSTITUTE for the online play that has occurred up until now? Not to mention, I cannot even do a damn normal adhoc game.

kaori
16th February 2012, 05:12 PM
Be patient Al, and for other, if you haven't done yet, go on facebook, twitter, youtube, and complain about the lack of custom controls, racebox offline, racebox online, 1vs1 with a friend, tournaments mode.

100 messages from the biggest fan have less weight than 1 message from 10 fans, and 1 message from 10 fans have less weight than 1 message from 100 simple players.

Studio Liverpool can't ignore that, they can't ignore the review about these lacks.

I know it's frustrating to see them only speaking about the great critic about their game, but I'm sure our complaints about this lack have been heard. :)

And don't forget all the rest of the game is awesome :rock

Hacker X
16th February 2012, 11:55 PM
I'm excited. I already have my copy of 2048 and I have the 3G Vita prepaid for. Next Wednesday, I will be a proud 2048 player. This is why I'm not even complaining about 2048's shortcomings:

1. Patch has been released to reduce its load times

2. Wipeout HD and FURY have been announced as a DLC add-on for 2048 later this Spring

3. HD and FURY will be free because Sony announced today that DLC across PS3 and Vita that you pay for will only have to be purchased once. So HD and FURY have been announced as FREE DOWNLOADS for us. Woohoo!

4. SL will continue to improve 2048 over time with patches. They have done well in the past and I doubt they will start messing up Wipeout now.

Patience fellow Wipeout fans. All will be fixed in time.

JABBERJAW
17th February 2012, 03:02 AM
You're going to be pissed when you can't race someone on a simple race online, or in adhoc. They intentionally took out racebox. Then you are going to wonder why they didn't add it back in, and here is the response you will get. " there was not enough of a demand for this feature". We need to let them know this is the most basic thing we absolutely need in a wipeout game. I don't care if they add 100 tracks, ALL hd content, whatever. If we don't get this feature they took out, the game will be a failure as a wipeout fan, as we all are. The silence on the issue is the problem. I at the moment see no intention to correct this bad mistake, and yes it is a bad mistake. Especially since this is such a good playing game.

Hacker X
17th February 2012, 05:28 AM
Dude the game just came out. They will most likely add the missing features eventually. I'm guessing that some of this stuff may have been left out due to game launch time restraints (hopefully). But even if it was left out plainly due to a bad decision, they will add it back in due to requests from the Wipeout community.

SL has prettymuch supported the past 4 Wipeout games and with HD and Fury, listened and followed up with patches that made the games better. I'm going by their past performance with support of the Wipeout games, not just making this up. The fact that they announced Fury and HD for the Vita today as a Spring release shows that they are still supporting the series and giving fans more. I also have a feeling that with HD and Fury dlc for 2048, we will most likely see the return of the missing features, considering that those features are in the PS3 versions of the games.

JABBERJAW
17th February 2012, 11:23 AM
If no one said anything, it would not be added back in,therefore, we should say something, more than a couple people. I hope they do add it back in, but they need a reason to do so. They also have not responded at all to this very specific issue, with any response, and actions speak louder than words.

Hacker X
17th February 2012, 12:52 PM
Oh, I definately agree. The reason that changes were made in the past to the recent games is because of the fanbase being verbal. One of the things I've noticed about them though is that they usually aren't quick to respond so close to release of the game. I think that after next week when Vita has its official launch in the US and more WO fans start voices dissent over the missing features, there will be a response from SL.

Here's hoping.

rejj
17th February 2012, 02:26 PM
Giant Bomb. 3/5
http://www.giantbomb.com/wipeout-2048/61-35496/reviews/

Everything about this game sounds horrible. It's on stillborn hardware, it still has barrel rolls, **** framerate, no racebox.

No thanks.

leungbok
17th February 2012, 02:49 PM
Ok, bye then !

lanceurdehache
17th February 2012, 03:44 PM
I got a question for those who played it, in the review he says that the prototype ship are in event hidden that you need to discover with the back touch screen and just before that he says you need level 10 to unlock the ship and JABBERJAW said in an other thread that you need the max level to unlock the Pirhana prototype. Does this mean you need a certain level to unlock the hidden event (that you need to find after and does it says to you the hidden event is unlocked) that you need to complete to unlock the ship or some prototype are unlocked by level and other by hidden event and if it is the last case can you search the hidden event at the start of the game ?

Hacker X
17th February 2012, 03:44 PM
Giant Bomb. 3/5
http://www.giantbomb.com/wipeout-2048/61-35496/reviews/

Everything about this game sounds horrible. It's on stillborn hardware, it still has barrel rolls, **** framerate, no racebox.

No thanks.

I'm taking that review with a grain of salt. Most of what he said seems to be spot on but a "lack of a sense of speed" and the framerate issues that he spoke of made me scratch my head. Although the Vita has PS3 graphics, its not a PS3 so I'm not expecting 60fps Wipeout here. Pure, and Pulse played at 30ish fps and are still fun games to play.

Also, looking at some of the videos of people playing on the A+ league tracks on 2048 makes me wonder what in the world he is talking about when he says lack of a "sense of speed". It sounds to me like he either A)didn't play 2048 up to the higher classes, or B) is talking about the framerate? Not sure.

Otherwise, 3/5 score isn't bad. At least there is a new Wipeout to play.

lanceurdehache
17th February 2012, 03:48 PM
From what i understand, he meant that the "low" framerate break the sense of speed

leungbok
17th February 2012, 04:16 PM
Does this mean you need a certain level to unlock the hidden event (that you need to find after and does it says to you the hidden event is unlocked) that you need to complete to unlock the ship or some prototype are unlocked by level and other by hidden event and if it is the last case can you search the hidden event at the start of the game ?

You need to reach a certain level to unlock a "location" (a glowing place) on the map. Then you uses the rear touch pad to make that glowing place "solid", and you can select it as the other nodes to complete the event. There's nothing to unlock using the rear touch pad when you start the campaign (i tried off course ;)), the place where you must use the rear touch pad becomes obvious when you complete the goals to unlock secret events.
I hope that's clear, not easy to explain when your native langage is not english ! :blarg

lanceurdehache
17th February 2012, 04:42 PM
it is pretty clear thanks, i understand you my question contains a lot of error but i didnt know how to write it, me too my native language is french (wich you should know by my nickname :lol)

http://www.ugo.com/games/wipeout-2048-review

Edit : It is more an overview than anything else but i laught at
YOU WON'T LIKE THIS IF... You need games that are slow.

leungbok
17th February 2012, 04:46 PM
Couldn't be sure anyway, as some french words seems pretty popular in the other side of atlantic ! :D
I meant it's not easy to explain whatever the langage i used, so even harder in english for me ! ;)

G'Kyl
18th February 2012, 11:39 AM
Al, I agree in that we should give the devs some time. It's difficult to go "You're right, we'll definitely add that!" or "It's gonna be fixed right away." for them. People might take such comments as confirmation - and then be potentially disappointed. They need take in a lot of comments, time to evaluate the problem, estimate the possibility of changing/adding features - then they may be able to make a statement. At least that's how it usually works. All they can really do right away is tell people "We'll look into it.", and they did. So...

Thing is, I'm sure they're listening and they are prooobably aware of the problems by now. :)

Ben

Hellfire_WZ
18th February 2012, 11:59 AM
After speaking with the devs last night, they ARE taking notice of what people are saying. The game as we see it now will definitely not be the finished article, the studio were under considerable time constraints to get it ready for launch. Considering they were still in the alpha phase back in October for Eurogamer, that's one hell of a turnover in such a short space of time. Their aim was to make this game as accessible as possible, and they saw the campaign as the best way of doing that in the time that they had. Things like racebox and custom controls unfortunately had to be cut in order to work around this, but that doesn't mean they can't or won't be added in future. Once the game is out, the time constraints are no longer there and they can take the time to incorporate things that everyone wants. Racebox is actually a much more complex feature than most people realise.

Things will be added to the game in the future, as long as people make it known that it is wanted. I passed on our views last night, now it's down to everyone else.

leungbok
18th February 2012, 12:13 PM
Sounds good ! :)
Racebox would be the best feature off course, but some TT, sr nodes added to the campaign map the way speed laps are, could satisfy many people i hope.

JABBERJAW
18th February 2012, 12:21 PM
Ben, all I wanted to hear is, we are looking into it, but that was not said regarding the racebox option at all. It seems they said that to HELLFIRE, but they really could have come on here and said., " hey guys, we are taking everything you say seriously, but we need to to look into everything and cannot say anything at this time". That would be a great start for them considering this is the largest wipeout fan site. Up until they spoke with hellfire, it appeared they were 100% just ignoring the situation. we probably still need to add our comments nonetheless that we still want the custom controls,racebox in single player,multiplayer, and adhoc. If we are not specific, we should not expect to get what we need to race properly.

G'Kyl
18th February 2012, 01:59 PM
And you're right: We need to be specific and I too believe they could have come here and soothed our minds. :) From what I know about developers'/publishers' talk I took whatever comment they did make as a bit of just that though.

Temet
18th February 2012, 02:44 PM
Well, first, many thanks Hellfire for sharing our concerns to the devs! That means a lot to me man ;)
They want to be sure we want it... ok...

leungbok
20th February 2012, 07:06 AM
I've never read yet any comments on the fact that now the voice announces the weapon you pick instead of the weapon fired at you which allowed more strategy. I don't like this change, i know what i pick up, this announce is useless and too much orientated on "combat/eliminator" game ! :-

amplificated
20th February 2012, 08:28 AM
I agree leung, noticed the same thing now since I've had to start paying attention to the A+ races, and have found it to be a step back

Colonel
20th February 2012, 10:23 AM
A review from Venturebeat:
http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/18/wipeout-2048-review/

Autechom
20th February 2012, 10:32 AM
A review from Venturebeat:
http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/18/wipeout-2048-review/

I guess 65/100 is a bit too harsh. It might reflect the frustration of the reviewer because: "Then, after finally being able to connect again, I somehow had my entire multiplayer campaign progress erased."

I hope it won´t be a problem from Wednesday on O_o

Temet
20th February 2012, 11:08 AM
@Leung : it used to be same behavior in W3O ;)

Darkdrium777
20th February 2012, 08:30 PM
Wip3out had a "Warning" sound when something was about to happen.
Haven't heard that at all in any of the 2048 videos I've watched and when I played the demo.

Colonel
9th March 2012, 04:04 PM
I read this review the other day, it's very well written and from a similar view point to many of us it seems (i.e. a fan's perspective)...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2012/03/03/wipeout-2048-is-the-true-ps-vita-launch-title/