PDA

View Full Version : Funny bug :)

Brother Laz
28th April 2003, 09:32 AM
Found a little bug... when you get picked up by the drone with autopilot activated the text on the screen 'Autopilot (secs)' stays visible for the rest of the race. :) The problem is that airbrakes do not work anymore for some reason. :-? I've had it happen on GDE, trying to jump into the tunnel before the monorail and missing the road, activated AP a millisecond before the drone got to me, and bingo. :) And you don't need air brakes anyway on GDE. :)

Harvai
1st May 2003, 01:20 AM
you don't need air braks for any track... 8)

Vasudeva
1st May 2003, 01:31 PM
I guess you only play vector then :twisted: ;).

Say, Brother Laz, where are you actually from? I've meant to ask you before but I forgot each time.

Peace,
V.

Brother Laz
5th May 2003, 07:02 AM
Ghent, Flanders, Belgium... ;)

BTW: sometimes you do need airbrakes, like with the Qirex on Spilskinanke... (first hairpin).
BTW2: New bug: Autopilot took me PAST the pit lane on Spilskinanke, twice in a row, in subsequent races! Second time I blew up. Argh.

Vasudeva
6th May 2003, 03:57 PM
From Ghent? I am from Merelbeke, which is only about 8km from it. During the academy year (I am a student in English and German, second candidature) I live in Ghent, too.

V.

Harvai
6th June 2003, 01:00 PM
I guess you only play vector then :twisted: ;).V.

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me? i never use airbrakes! ANYWHERE!

Vasudeva
6th June 2003, 07:27 PM
Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me? i never use airbrakes! ANYWHERE!

Hehe, woz' jus' trash talking mate ;).

But if you never use airbrakes... Don't you collide a lot with the walls?

Peace!
V.

zargz
6th June 2003, 10:49 PM
:D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

SteadVex
7th June 2003, 04:28 PM
i used to be able to play the n64 version without airbakes even on that velocitar track or whatever, but i think my controllers gone funny for it cuz its hard to control now :( unless its just old ages :P

Lance
7th June 2003, 09:53 PM
you can't use that age excuse in this forum; i'm 60 years old, so i'm the only one who gets to use it :)

SteadVex
8th June 2003, 10:52 AM
*sits quietly and twiddles thumbs* :o

Mano
8th June 2003, 12:00 PM
Lance you have to admit that with the abilities you have demonstrated, you cant use that excuse anymore, or need to ;)

Lance
8th June 2003, 10:24 PM
SteadVex: oh no you don't; put those thumbs on the controller and get some times up there in the WO3 records tables! :)
i hope you've got a copy of WO3 somewhere. if not. get one!
now that i have WOXL on the console, i wish we had records for that, too, but i don't know if the server can stand the bandwidth.

Mano: but... but... b... aw... darn it
okay, i admit that there's at least 5 or 6 guys faster than me.
grrrr. there, are you happy now. ;)

SteadVex
9th June 2003, 12:59 AM
hrmm, i don't have a playstation, i only got the n64 and pc versions....

in wipeout 3, did that have the nice little symbols for weaposn like xl/2097?

cuz i'm sure it didn't and thats what i disliked about it :P although i must admit i was tempted at one point to get one just for that...(although i'd prefer a psx emulator for the smoother graphics (in my opinion)) i remmeber how bleem made gran turismo look good!

Lance
9th June 2003, 03:20 AM
WO3 has a different set of weapons symbols that it uses on the HUD.

i thought about getting a Bleemcast for GT once, but by the time Bleem finally put the product out, i'd already decided i liked the liveliness of the grainy image of the PSX version better than i would like the smoother but too flat look. there's an energy to the original graphics that just isn't there later

does Bleem even exist anymore? or did Sony manage to kill it, as it had been trying to do for a long time

Mano
9th June 2003, 08:40 AM
I think Bleem is not in development anymore but who cares considering ePSXe is 2x better (im not exaggerating), better graphics, better compatibility (more games can be played), better sound.

You should try it Lance you might find WOXL even better looking than the pc version of WOXL; another plus is that you can make an adaptor to use your PS pad on the PC, its easy just some soldering involved, and it is SOOO worth it, or you can get those ps to pc adaptors that are sold everywhere and use the controller in almost every game for PC, believe me when i say you will prefer to play it on ePSXe than on an actual PS, heheh i even pump up a couple of frames per second to make it go faster.

Oh almost forgot, the game runs way more fluid on the emu (fluid does not equal to too fast) runs at the correct speed but the animation is much smoother, i usually run emulators at 62 frames per second which gives a better impression to my eyes and is very close to the original console speed (59-60 fps). Another plus is that u can use ntsc and pal games and both work perfectly (WIPEOUT 3 SE yay!), i dont have my PS anymore, but last week a friend brought his PS and i thought: damn thats how it used to look......, we endend playing PS games on my PC.

Just in case you decide to try it:

www.epsxe.com

try to download this plugins:

graphics: petes opengl plugin
sound: eternal plugin

try to find the latest versions
this page might help you do so:

www.ngemu.com

oh and you need a psx bios (like scph1001.bin or something like that) to use the emu if you cant find it send me a pm and i will help you, if you have any question just pm me im very willing to help you considering you will really enjoy using the emu, and believe me when i say Bleem! doesnt hold a candle to ePSXe.

SteadVex
9th June 2003, 11:16 AM
hrmm, does this thing work in 2000? if so, i think i mite go and pick up a copy of wipeout 3 or something :P

*tries to remember if has it around here already*

Lance
9th June 2003, 05:46 PM
Mano, i may take you up on your offer of assistance. but it's going to have to wait. my win98 is showing signs of corruption. like it has to actually look for awhile for ''MyComputer'' each time it's restarted. so Windows Explorer is probably a bit mucked up, and it seems to be getting worse. possibly it crashed once too often, or maybe the hard drive is developing bad sectors where that part of the OS is installed, or who knows what. anyway, i need to do a complete reinstall anyway for that and other reasons. i've started offloading several gigabytes of data to CD Rs and RWs. this is going to take awhile, so i hope it doesn't quit working till i've done all i want to. 3 and a half years on this machine with no re-install, so it's probably time ;)

oh, if only i had a second harddrive, especially one that's at least the same size

Mano
9th June 2003, 06:19 PM
SteadVex: Yeah it works on Win2000, go ahead and try it, its really good, any problems you can just ask me, i will try to help you in whatever i can.

Lance: more than 3 years installation thats pretty stable, are you the only one that uses that pc?, in my case all my family uses it, friends, etc. "Lucky" for me i am the designated maintenance slave, serves me right since im the one that uses it the most, hell i paid for it, but the way it gets abused seems like not, you can imagine the things i find every week in here.

SteadVex
9th June 2003, 09:34 PM
hehe, 3 years?! geez mine would never last that long, i get bored and try to do things ur not supposed to, like getting wipeout running with directx9 :P (grr)

hey thanks, i've downloaded it, and yay it shows the bios! but i have to find someone with wipeout to try it first, well any game to see what it runs like, althoguh to use the controller i seem to have to press F5 before i can use it? is this normal?

(well i tested the memory card manager in the bios heh)

Lance
9th June 2003, 10:46 PM
yes, i'm the only one that uses it, but i have a constant habit of downloading and installing and often removing beta and alpha software, and without ''backing up critical data''. idiot self

Harvai
22nd June 2003, 04:17 AM
i don't use the airbrakes cos it makes me feel as if i'm drifting round corners.
(Drifting in a AG ship-now that's weird!!)

Mano
22nd June 2003, 12:25 PM
i don't use the airbrakes cos it makes me feel as if i'm drifting round corners.
(Drifting in a AG ship-now that's weird!!)

I think since drifting is a product of inertia, and AG lifts the vehicle from a surface then there would be less friction, les friction = more inertia, more inertia = more drifting, dunno kinda makes sense to me and adds to the feeling of the game specially how its implemented.

one question though is it kinda VTOL, like a Harrier only not displacing the turbine exausts, but with air jets, or is it just a flap that augments air drag?, or both?

Lance
22nd June 2003, 05:48 PM
appears to be just flaps. that's what it feels like, anyway

Dragon
22nd June 2003, 08:41 PM
*growls like a Dragon.* I wonder if i can find a PC version of Wipeout XL in the US.... Was it ever made in the US? P.S. The only reason i growled is because i'm still sick with the flu, i'm getting better though, it started saturday and i couldn't play XL, i would cough every turn :P.

Lance
23rd June 2003, 06:57 AM
growls because Dragon Dave has still not learned to start a new post or to post in the appropriate already-existing thread instead of posting something non-responsive to the topic at hand. c-mon now, Dave, where is that maturity we were expecting after you turned 16? ;)
still good to see you haven't given up on coming here, though. :)