PDA

View Full Version : Bugs in the air,and flowers everywhere

Smasher/Devourer
18th February 2002, 06:07 PM
I have actually taken off from some of the tracks and flown across it.This has happened on the cubis float 2 and one of the moscow tracks.Its not that I dont like being high,but when you are in the middle of a race on the last round,and on the final stretch it can be a bit annoying.Seems to happen with faster ships that are capable of 1200+.
Also,I have experienced being replaced back onto the track ( after being blown of) and suddenly be at the end of the track even though I just passed start. Got a lap record of 15 sec because of this....
But the game is fab,though.It really is.

Lance
24th February 2002, 08:43 PM
how did i miss this post?!

anyway, hi. sorry about the long delay.

yep, i love the Dreamcast. maybe the sega execs felt that they absolutely had to stop making it to save the company, but i still feel like kicking their glutei maximi.

who is Ian Banks? what books has he written, what are they about, what makes them so great?

Wamdue
24th February 2002, 09:08 PM
lance, stay away from whatever youve eaten :wink:

Lance
25th February 2002, 12:53 AM
popcorn and tea

Smasher/Devourer
25th February 2002, 06:54 PM
Huh? You haven't heard about Ian Banks,author of the best-selling Culture novels.Its sci-fi,man.Great sci-fi.Totally in the spirit of WipEout and stuff..
Just finished reading his latest bestseller "Excession",its ace,check it out.

Are there any bonus tracks in Fusion? Dont tell me the names,just yes or no ,please.

Lance
25th February 2002, 07:10 PM
errr... [blushes and looks guilty] uh... no, i haven't. i am just an uncultured non-european. it's a backward American thing. :wink:

i'll have to check out his books when i start reading actual books again.

Hyper Shadow
26th February 2002, 01:24 PM
Bonus tracks, well, yes and no. You see you only start off with three tracks in there forward 1 state and have to unlock others via winning races. There are no bonus tracks that you wouldn't have heard of (I assume) just the 7 (8?) that are shown in every review, fusion site, thingy that you would have read.

Then there is the little matter of Devilia.....

Lance
26th February 2002, 01:49 PM
i keep hearing mysterious references to the unavailability of devilia; what is all that about? is it a real track and eventually unlocked or what?

Bob Todd
26th February 2002, 03:45 PM
Devilia is the track you race on when trying to unlock a new team. You race against the team's secondary pilot, and if you beat him or her you unlock their team.

Lance
26th February 2002, 04:41 PM
aha. thanks anna

so does that mean that it's a specialty track that you can't race on at any other time?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lance on 2002-02-26 17:42 ]</font>

vincoof
26th February 2002, 08:48 PM
Apparently, you can exclusively play the track when challenging teams secondary pilots.

The problem is : when you have beaten the challenge you can't play the challenge again, so you can race one track less.

That's why alfred opened a thread where he asked if the game could be finished without beating the pilots in those challenge. This way he hopes keeping the tracks opened as long as he does not beat those challenges, eg does not save after playing them.

Task
27th February 2002, 12:42 AM
I had to check, but now I'm sure: It's Iain M. Banks you're talking about there!
I just recently started reading some of his stuff. I started with Player Of Games (partially because I once had that as an alias) and it was really good. I was going to move on to some of his other stuff, but I couldn't figure out which one to read next! How many of his books are set in "The Culture" and how many are standalone? It's hard to tell...

Hyper Shadow
27th February 2002, 09:52 AM
Personally I find the Devilla tracks quite boring, maybe because its impossible to play them for longer periods, but it just reminds me of the Death Star run from 'Star Wars' and they are really not that challenging.

The only time it came close to challenging was when I was in the FEISAR in the Auricom challenge and a Plasma Bolt hit me square in the rear right hand side. Playing with damage on (for perhaps the first time ever!) this destroyed the entire right hand side of the ship and buggered up the handling for jokes. Yet I still won the damn thing and this was at the first set of corners.

I wonder if Devilla is available in multiplayer??????

Smasher/Devourer
27th February 2002, 06:03 PM
Ah yes,regarding Ian Banks again...(although it says Ian M.Banks on tha covers,the M is actually a pseudonym-letter which he adds
to his name whenever he has written a sci-fi novel)
As to how many books are set in the Culture-universe ,I am not really sure..
But judging by the M-thingy which he adds to each sci-fi novel there are 9 Culture novels proper ,including Use of weapons, Inversions and so on...but he has also written 'ordinary' novels like Whit and The wasp factory...
Yeah%