PDA

View Full Version : Tt, sr, ?

JABBERJAW
21st January 2012, 03:21 AM
Has anyone played this game enough to know if there is an unlock for tt and sr? At this point, only campaigns are showing onscreen, and you cannot practice tracks without selecting events.

MrSmadSmartAlex
21st January 2012, 09:52 AM
No dedicated SL/TT mode for competition? What are they thinking... Seems like they're actually trying to turn off hardcore players (probably to make the game even easier for casuals online :lol). I also read somewhere that you can't save SL ghosts. Is that true?
If there's no SL/TT or ghosts, then the game is useless to me, and I'm absolutely not buying it, ever.

kaori
21st January 2012, 10:16 AM
Ghosts are available, and your PS Vita automaticly download the ghost of your friend with the closest time before you.

MrSmadSmartAlex
21st January 2012, 10:35 AM
Yeah, that feature looks kind of fun, but can you just save your own ghost and race it in SL/TT mode, like in Pure/Pulse/HD? A proper SL/TT mode is a huge part of the game, and it'd be a really bad decision to omit it, especially considering the other things hardcore players like that've been removed. This one wouldn't even conflict with the casuals they're aiming for, so I really hope they haven't removed it.

leungbok
21st January 2012, 11:08 AM
If there's no SL/TT or ghosts, then the game is useless to me, and I'm absolutely not buying it, ever.
If zico is supposed to be beaten there's automatically a tt/sl mode, to unlock later IMO ;)

amplificated
21st January 2012, 03:37 PM
If zico is supposed to be beaten there's automatically a tt/sl mode, to unlock later IMO ;)

Indeed, SL is a dedicated subset of the main screen which is unlocked after completing the 2048 season (only about 12 races I think), so I have to guess the other modes will be the same.

JABBERJAW
21st January 2012, 03:46 PM
SL I don't believe is unlocked, and I don't see a selection anywhere. You have events with it in the 2049 season

amplificated
21st January 2012, 03:56 PM
Maybe you need elite passes or something?

What can I say, the game presented SL as an unlocked feature after I completed the season. Look towards the bottom left of the main screen?

JABBERJAW
21st January 2012, 06:06 PM
Yeah, you need to go INTO single player campaign, THEN find it on a map. It's hidden well, and a pain in the ass. It also seems to keep track of one time, not multiple times. Why is it in campaign?, why cant it unlock on the main screen where you choose sp campaign, mp campaign, and ad hoc.

Are there unlocks for single race and tt that look like this?

amplificated
21st January 2012, 07:08 PM
I think it's divided into single player (not single player campaign), online, and ad hoc, so it's justifiable from that perspective. It's also easy to change between online and etc. from the main screen.
I have only unlocked ships and events from races if that's what you mean, or otherwise, I haven't played far enough to unlock those modes yet.

As for finding it, just flick down one screen length, and it shouldn't be hidden, it was shown in a short sequence where it was in relation to the 2048 season events.

JABBERJAW
21st January 2012, 07:17 PM
The SL are below the events ( seasons), is this where the time trials and zones, and single races are going to be? They have to be somewhere eventually I would hope, as opposed to searching through events to find a race you want to do ( would be awful).

Single race, time trial, and zone are still nowhere to be seen. If someone from Studio Liverpool is watching the forum, please, for the love of Pete shed some light on when these are unlocked and how. The game experience doesn't need to be frustrating because of not knowing where to find a single race or a time trial. Playing a tt or single race really should not be this difficult. It would be nice to be able to practice the track before an event