PDA

View Full Version : Control Request to Studio Liverpool

JABBERJAW
19th January 2012, 05:53 PM
For anyone who has the FULL game, can you put the buttons for any function where you want? In the demo there were only 3 choices, and none are good. Should be receiving mine tomorrow

leungbok
19th January 2012, 06:06 PM
about those kind of features, JABBERJAW, Amplificated, can you check the latest list from the "wipeout2048 facts" thread and tell us what's confirmed ? :)

JABBERJAW
20th January 2012, 12:28 AM
Yeah, but I don't receive the game until tomorrow, and I cannot play until 8 pm or so, but Saturday for sure

G-Hob
20th January 2012, 06:22 PM
You can't configure the controls according to someone on NeoGAF who has the game.

It's an extremely disappointing oversight that has seriously dampened by enthusiasm for the game, and by extension for the Vita. I believe that configurable controls have been a staple of Wipeout games going all the way back to Wip3out, so it's shameful the developers of 2048 have thrown that legacy out the window for no good reason other than laziness.

Temet
20th January 2012, 08:09 PM
o_O'
I can't believe this dude... it's not possible you can't configure the controls.
If really not possible, we have to contact massively SL to ask for this in a patch... this is nothing to implement!

For the story, I couldn't play Wipe on PSP with thrust on "x"... I had terrible pain in the right big finger. I tried to switch to square and the miracle happened, the pain disappeared...

G-Hob
20th January 2012, 09:06 PM
I have used [] for thrust and X for fire weapon since Wip3out, so I don't think I'll get 2048 unless they patch in custom controls.

leungbok
20th January 2012, 09:25 PM
For the story, I couldn't play Wipe on PSP with thrust on "x"... I had terrible pain in the right big finger

Don't care mate, you can play with motion controls, no issue with buttons that way ! :)

Darkdrium777
20th January 2012, 09:43 PM
Motion controls are horrible and this time it will be no different.
The lack of complete controller remapping is a letdown, and you can't spin it in any positive way that makes sense, sorry.
Fortunately SL seem a bit easier to reach so an update to this issue should come out if they are informed in a civil manner about the problem.

JABBERJAW
21st January 2012, 12:51 AM
Just turned it on, you cannot map buttons, complete bullshit, 3 options. How freaking stupid can you get. There is absolutely no GOOD reason for this. Also, I am immediately forced to do some events, cannot choose tt, race? What the hell!

JABBERJAW
21st January 2012, 01:06 AM
I posted a comment on 2048 Facebook, please join me with additional comments on the three option choice

Man, I really want to like this game,but this is not the way to start, not being able to play the way I play pure/pulse/HD.

the game does not show the speed you are traveling. Ok back to playing

G-Hob
21st January 2012, 03:09 AM
Can you link to the Facebook page?

Darkdrium777
21st January 2012, 03:12 AM
http://www.facebook.com/WipEout2048

JABBERJAW
22nd January 2012, 02:47 AM
If more people could go to this page and post on this forum, that would be helpful. Maybe we can get a custom control patch before the euro/ us launch. Even if you like tilt control, good luck holding the back of the vita consistently for gas, I tried, and it was very difficult. Also, you couldnt use the dpad for BRS with tilt controls. The one button brake scheme has gas on the R trigger, which is where I like it, but not most people.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll post the exact controls you will need to use if we don't get the custom option.

amplificated
22nd January 2012, 07:47 AM
I don't have facebook, but I can definitely type a comment here stating how I think it's incredibly disappointing that there is no ability to customise the controls. That ability has been present to a high degree in previous games, and to have just 3 basic selections in 2048 is purely a backwards step for no gain.

To just add a 4th selection to the controls menu where you can customise them, how difficult can that be?

I for one would like to at least try using motion pitching, as that's what I used in HD.

Temet
22nd January 2012, 10:55 AM
Yeah and if some knows the contact of a dev, we need to address this point!
OK, maybe I will not have the same "pain" issue on PSVita, but nevertheless, the custom controls should be a basic feature of every game !!!!

Hellfire_WZ
22nd January 2012, 11:19 AM
I think the devs will be at the private nights on the Access tour. If anyone's got an invite maybe they could raise this with them?

JABBERJAW
22nd January 2012, 04:51 PM
I have tried out the three options now, and am going to put together a list of logical and technical reasons why we NEED custom controls. Who contacted SL about the brake bug? My memory is going :)

Temet
22nd January 2012, 05:42 PM
Kaori did ;)

love9sick
1st February 2012, 01:16 AM
Is there a control scheme for "X" as thrust and L and R triggers for the flaps on the wings control? If so I'm good. Though it is a shame to have no customizations for it. Square sounds better for thrust actually though I have always played it as X.

Darkdrium777
1st February 2012, 01:23 AM
Yes, that is the "WipEout" config.