PDA

View Full Version : HD Tracks in 2048 singleplayer?

Dayviewer
19th January 2012, 11:48 AM
Hey guys i've been wondering since the beginning if the HD tracks that are avaiable for crossplay are actually also avaiable for example something like quick race or another single player mode next to the 2048 tracks?
I'm not sure if this has been confirmed already but if anyone knows i'd love to know, thanks! :D

trk_rkd
21st January 2012, 04:47 AM
i've been wondering about this too!

Boycey83
24th January 2012, 12:50 PM
Does anyone know?

leungbok
24th January 2012, 05:05 PM
Because i want to use a european account for 2048, i don't have access to online multiplayer. So the wipeoutHD part don't appear on my launch menu. IMO only multiplayer can be available for HD (not a big deal i find 2048 way better :D). We'll know for sure the 22/2 ;)

JABBERJAW
24th January 2012, 05:12 PM
The ships handle differently, and agree 2048 is better, and harder. I have a japanese account and I cannot get online

trk_rkd
25th January 2012, 02:29 AM
thanks for the info guys! obviously im most excited to play the new tracks but it'd be a real shame if there were HD tracks on the disc that can only be accessed via multiplayer. it'd be great to do HD chengou project speed laps on the bus.

Darkdrium777
26th January 2012, 01:10 AM
The definitive answer to this question is no.
[Source @ 3:23] (http://us.playstation.com/livechat/wipeout.html)

More:

Comment From blazlngswordsmen
how many total tracks are there?
-----
Michael Pulst:
10 for Wipeout 2048. 4 more for Crossplay mode that is compatible with racing online with PS3 and Vita users.
So basically it's a glorified demo? Why.

KamatsuKyoto
26th January 2012, 02:42 AM
Only 4 tracks in crossplay? WHAT? :blarg

trk_rkd
26th January 2012, 02:46 AM
The definitive answer to this question is no.
[Source @ 3:23] (http://us.playstation.com/livechat/wipeout.html)

More:

So basically it's a glorified demo? Why.

I wonder if it simply boils down to lack of space on the cards? Going by photomode it looks like the assets are PS3 quality so I imagine the disc space taken would be about the same as PS3. HD was a gigabyte with eight tracks, say this one is around 2 gigs with 14 tracks... it might be that sony wanted them to fit it all on to a 2 gig card? I know some games are on 4 gig cards (not sure which ones tbh) but the media would be a little expensive, would eat into the margins a little.

Any body know what the four HD tracks are? Definitely looks like chengou and vineta are i. Hopefully the other two are sol2 and ubermall, and the rest pop up on digital download sometime (for a reasonable price!)

Darkdrium777
26th January 2012, 03:47 AM
Sony gimping stuff because they're cheap?
It wouldn't be the first time.

I know it's a new game and all, and we should be overjoyed that SL is still existing... but allow me to loudly state my disappointment regarding every missing/omitted/gimped feature I keep hearing/reading about. It's not the standard WipEout used to be held to. And that's a BIG problem for me. Right now I can't possibly even contemplate thinking about buying this console and this game without feeling like I'm being suckered in and feeling guilty about it. And since I don't have any money, well that's that.

EDIT: Heh, I remember trying to be positive about this game concerning some of the things they were doing... Look where that's gone. I can't believe it myself. It's not that they're completely missing the mark, and maybe I'm nagging too much (probably am) but man why are so many small things wrong? Waiting for HD and Fury to release felt better.

leungbok
26th January 2012, 08:13 AM
Any body know what the four HD tracks are? Definitely looks like chengou and vineta are i. Hopefully the other two are sol2 and ubermall, and the rest pop up on digital download sometime (for a reasonable price!)

anulpha pass was shown at the very first trailer. IMO The first 4 tracks are playable : vineta k, anulpha pass, moa therma, chengou project.

trk_rkd
26th January 2012, 09:59 AM
anulpha pass was shown at the very first trailer. IMO The first 4 tracks are playable : vineta k, anulpha pass, moa therma, chengou project.

Meh. Chengou is a good technical circuit but the other three are kinda bland to race on (although vineta and moa are really pretty). I would've preferred any of the back four tracks to those.

EDIT: darkdrium i hear ya. i'm still getting this day one (even if i don't get a vita - im just so worried that sony are finally gonna give SL the chop if sales are bad... if wipeout died I'd probably quit gaming). but a lot of the moves are kinda boneheaded. i was never one of the people who minded about the aesthetic changes - i definitely preferred the settings from previous games but it wasn't a big deal - but the lack of control options and a sensible racebox mode are crazy. i'm also not sold on the whole "multiplayer campaign" stuff, it sounds gimmicky and I ***HATE*** playing mulltiplayer FPS games where teammates are distracted by trophy/achievment hunting... this campaign thing seems like it might do something similar. I remember reading that the lead designer of 2048 promised sony a "multiplayer campaign" before he'd even considered what it meant... that's not a promising start for a design feature :(

love9sick
31st January 2012, 08:02 PM
10 playable tracks does not seem like a glorified demo to me. 8-10 tracks is average for every Wipeout game that is released.

Darkdrium777
31st January 2012, 08:20 PM
Okay.
The cross play feature is a glorified demo.
Better?

Quite frankly, they oversold this feature way too much.

love9sick
31st January 2012, 08:23 PM
Okay.
The cross play feature is a glorified demo.
Better?

Quite frankly, they oversold this feature way too much.

For the cross play I agree, they try to make it a selling point far to much. Does it really matter though? It will be mainly a feature I won't use. If I verse someone it will be over Vita systems anyway.

Darkdrium777
31st January 2012, 08:34 PM
It kind of matters in the sense that it really is not something anyone would buy the game for in the end had they known it was limited to four tracks and single races.
There's always the possibility of someone's friend buying 2048 in part to play with his PS3 buddy, thinking he'd get the full multiplayer version of HD Fury but in fact he isn't.
Since that's not clarified by the developer publicly (Not everyone from every website where the crossplay feature was presented viewed this live chat) I'd say it's malpractice.

NB: I'm not saying Studio Liverpool did this intentionally, but if they are decent enough (like I assume they are) they should definitely send out a correction to websites like the Playstation Blog, Joystiq, Kotaku, etc.

lanceurdehache
31st January 2012, 08:48 PM
I agree with you but blame the PR for this, remember how Sony want to sell the NGP at first, it was a PS3 in your hand so i think the PR simply joined the bandwagon. But it is also the thing the guy that don't really play WipEout talk about this game.