PDA

View Full Version : Also hunting WO 3 SE

Hybrid Divide
28th April 2003, 06:09 AM
I'm also hunting down WipEout 3 SE.

Please, I'd be happy to pay anyone who's willing to sell!

zargz
29th April 2003, 01:18 PM
u got a moded psx?

infoxicated
29th April 2003, 01:37 PM
I had a look on Amazon for this and there was one copy going for £34.90 used!!!

Unbelievable.... how I wish that on the 13th July 2000 that I hadn't been a bit broke and bought myself a truckload of them! :D

It would have been nice to see it rocket up the charts just for the fun of it ;)

Hybrid Divide
29th April 2003, 11:04 PM
no modded PSX yet. But I have a PSX emulator that can run WO3 in real time. And I plan to mod my PSX sometime. so!

I wouldn't mind a copied game, but I support Psygnosis, so I want to try and get an official one first! :D

Lance
30th April 2003, 03:56 AM
well, yeah.... but Psygnosis don't really exist anymore

and the creative teams that made the game are scattered, and i suppose it's highly unlikely that even if you bought a new copy that any of them would see one single pence of the purchase price

infoxicated
30th April 2003, 08:08 AM
A few of them are still on the payroll :)

xEik
30th April 2003, 04:01 PM
... one single pence of ...
Err penny? :-? Or was it on purpose? :D

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

Lance
30th April 2003, 04:34 PM
it was deliberate, to emphasise that the design teams were mostly Britons [by island of origin and residence, if not genetic heritage] [yes i know that 'pence' is plural] [pence sounds like cents in the end; maybe we could spell it 'pents' :D ]

foxfoil
30th April 2003, 05:13 PM
Rest in peace Psygnosis... you are missed....

thank you for "lemmings, Wipeout, and all the other wonderful things you did for this CRuel Video game industry."

Hybrid Divide
30th April 2003, 09:02 PM
The other reason I want an official rather than a copy also has to do with the fact that I'm a collector. And WO3 SE is the only version I don't have. My collection as it stands now.

WipEout
WipEout XL
WipEout 3
WipEout 64
WipEout Fusion
WipEout (PC)
WipEout 2097 (PC)

So SE is the only one left! :-?
I hope I'll still be able to find one somewhere...

Lance
30th April 2003, 09:44 PM
after you get SE, then you can start collecting the PAL versions of all the others, and thEn you can work on the japanese NTSC ones :D

and how about language variations? booklets in German, etc

JABBERJAW
30th April 2003, 10:56 PM
24 total versions!!

then you'll need

wipeout 1 the music
wipeout xl the music
wipeout 2097 the music
wipeout 3 the music

you've got a ways to go buddy! :lol:

not to mention all the demo discs,t-shirts,strategy guides.

jmoid
3rd May 2003, 04:26 PM
Man, if I could find the original Wipeout 2097 t-shirts... I'd really be quite ecstatic.

vh5150
4th May 2003, 09:47 PM
I'm also hunting down WipEout 3 SE.
Please, I'd be happy to pay anyone who's willing to sell!

For the U.S:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=wipeout&categoryid=&ht=1&category1=1249&maxRecordsPerPage=100&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&submit=Search&BasicSearch=

For the U.K.:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?GetResult&query=wipeout&shortcut=2&ebaytag1code=3&ht=1&currdisp=1&st=2&category1=1249&Top10=&SortProperty=MetaEndSort

Usually people don't include Special Edition but browse each Wipeout 3 disc that pops up also try the U.K. ebay. And there is an Australian PAL version too and it's a duplicate of the European version except for the artwork and instruction manual.

AmishRobot
5th May 2003, 01:12 AM
Nothing I could find in those two links, though I never realized how much better the cover art for the first to games was in the UK.

vh5150
5th May 2003, 10:49 PM
There was a recent auction that you missed out on. But don't worry keep trying. You'll get your paws on one soon.

Thruster2097
31st May 2003, 09:47 AM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=956
W3SE is once again rearing its ugly head.... catch it if you can!

Karsten
31st May 2003, 10:03 AM
I would send you an image of it by ICQ, but i guess you'd prefer the real thing ;)