PDA

View Full Version : 2048 demo

JABBERJAW
18th January 2012, 02:53 AM
after about 2 hours of fighting with the japanese store and trying to sync up my ps3 account with my vita, I successfully managed to create a japanese account (miracle), and reformat my vita (much harder than expected). I was able to download the demo, and here is prelim stuff

a slow speed class
great graphics
ran very smooth
felt a little stiffer than hd
barrel rolls seemed to work right :)
only one track in demo, havent really played to every corner yet
only three options for controls (hopefully this is not in full game, that would really suck, the controls are nothing where I want the buttons, better be a custom like in pure/pulse/hd

the analog right thumbpad IS in the way, there needs to be reassignable buttons
long loading times. but much less for a restart
I like the atmosphere, but I need to play the full game to see the fast speed, to see if walls will even factor in, if not, please have download hard tracks

OH, weapons seem to slow you down less, which is good, not sure about walls yet

demo did not show speed of the ship, so I could not tell a few other things. I hope the real game shows your speed, that was the worst part of wo1 and wo64

anderkovver
18th January 2012, 07:01 AM
Hi jabberjaw, is it possible to make you own music playlist...or at least in the full game?
and is it possible to handle with one button both airbrakes like in pure and pulse?
Thx

leungbok
18th January 2012, 07:28 AM
and is it possible to handle with one button both airbrakes like in pure and pulse

It's already available on the demo with the "racer" config.

@JABBERJAW yeah BRs seems to work fine, i look forward the ag-systems with this mysterious double br ability (prototype ship) :D

JABBERJAW
18th January 2012, 01:11 PM
Track was very long, and straight. As far as that one track was concerned, it wasn't really a "skill cut", however on fast speeds it might be harder. I hope other skill cuts are tougher than this one. It's also likely this is the easiest track in the game

leungbok
18th January 2012, 02:20 PM
after the big jump, there's a part of a track over your head on the left turn on blue glass (that part of a track seems to join the main track at the end of the turn). I thought about staying on the left part of the big jump and check if there's not a way to jump and land on that "part of a track".

JABBERJAW
18th January 2012, 04:37 PM
I haven't had a chance to really investigate it yet, damn work! Maybe it's for an alternate track on that level.

Rapier Racer
18th January 2012, 05:04 PM
i look forward the ag-systems with this mysterious double br ability (prototype ship) :D

Yes! Finally! Ever since I accidentally hit one barrel roll after another coming off the Chenghou drop I've been hoping for something like that :)

amplificated
18th January 2012, 10:13 PM
after the big jump, there's a part of a track over your head on the left turn on blue glass (that part of a track seems to join the main track at the end of the turn). I thought about staying on the left part of the big jump and check if there's not a way to jump and land on that "part of a track".

I think I know what you're talking about, but unfortunately from what I can tell there is an "out of bounds" barrier that stops you from going that far.

If we're thinking of the same thing (the eave that looks to be overhanging the track on the left hand side of the grid, just before the start line), I also saw that during the first videos and was hoping ot give it a shot, but alas, 2 things: my control at the game still needs work (though the AI was easy as anything even on my first try where I had the terrible default controls set up initially), and from what I can tell it appears you hit an invisible wall before you can get a BR off, which seems to surround most of the track, but if you go especially wayward you will respawn.

It appears studio liverpool didn't like the tricks people discovered particularly on the slower difficulties, or just figured it would just be too frustrating with the Vita's controls :(

Waiting on the full game now :hyper

The sideshifts in particular seem sharper or harder than those in HD when it comes to handling, and maybe it's just me but the ship feels pretty sensitive and slightly wayward, but I am getting used to it :P

JABBERJAW
19th January 2012, 12:02 AM
It definitely feels different than HD. maybe it's the track design. It feels to me like wipeout controls on a f zero track a bit.

The graphics are REALLY good.

leungbok
19th January 2012, 12:20 AM
I think I know what you're talking about, but unfortunately from what I can tell there is an "out of bounds" barrier that stops you from going that far

Maybe the first attempt of ecs technology in wipeout history ! ;)
But some skill cuts will definitively need boosts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lNKx1z9_1E

amplificated
19th January 2012, 01:10 AM
That track looks far more interesting than the one in the demo! :o

JABBERJAW
19th January 2012, 01:20 AM
Do the walls suck you in off the jumps sometimes after barrel rolls, AND I don't mean because you are too close, like the controller turns left AFTER you did the br inputs and already landed and are not even touching the controller, like a delay in the input? Hard to explain, kinda like " I didn't turn that way!"

amplificated
19th January 2012, 02:10 AM
Have you turned off autopilot? There are two settings in the options you have to access in-game. I don't think I've noticed it when I've disabled it.

btw, downloading the full game now (3900 yen, pure is 3800 -_-)

Boycey83
19th January 2012, 10:02 AM
Any chance you could start a wee Q&A thread once you have the game, there's lots of things I want to know! :)

Thanks.

JABBERJAW
19th January 2012, 01:12 PM
I think I turned it off, but it brought me into the wall

kaori
22nd January 2012, 12:08 AM

This path is part of Queens Mall circuit. Queens Mall use a reverse part of Empire Climb !

zero3growlithe
6th February 2012, 01:31 PM
Gameplay movie showing main menu, loading (damn long :cold), and race. (it's in polish with comments).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhdunkcZF4I&feature=player_embedded#! (all walls hit xD)
btw. On the end of each race there is finally replay option :D And you can get same weapon twice and more in row (and there is not many weapons...)

Darkdrium777
6th February 2012, 02:25 PM
That's just the replay race option. It's not the.cinematic replay mode like in Wip3out.
I didn't understand a word of what he said but in the beginning he talked about Rollcage. It makes me happy to know some people still remember the other great racing game by Psygnosis for PS1.

love9sick
6th February 2012, 04:46 PM
I can speak Polish, he sure can't decide if to go left or right...bag into center every time lol.

zero3growlithe
6th February 2012, 05:00 PM
He said that he don't like playing racing games, but if he's playing one hovewer, he plays games like wipeout, star wars racer or rollcage.
And it's sad that there is still no replay option...
btw. At 10:00 in that movie game says: "Stop the game to access pilot assist option!"... game is insulting this guy by suggesting through this text that he's really bad at racing :g (becouse he is...)
@Love9Sick: He didn't say that, he said that he didn't noticed that split. (and every next one xD)

love9sick
6th February 2012, 06:03 PM
I know, I wasn't translating. It was just a comment. I was born in Poland and speak it but I type poorly in Polish cause I lived in the US most of my life. :)