PDA

View Full Version : WipEout 2048 Intro leaked!

gmrtom7
16th January 2012, 06:27 PM
Well, this is interesting. I've found what seems to be the intro to 2048, and I must say I'm impressed. If you're trying to preserve yourself from spoilers, I'd wait this one out, but for everyone else, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uss-ns_HjUc

Temet
16th January 2012, 06:35 PM
The idea is good, it fits perfectly with the spirit of this new wipeout.
I admit I'm still quite surprised.

The only thing I don't like is the music, but regarding the music it's really a matter of taste ;)
(don't know if the meaning is correct in english :g )

Rapier Racer
16th January 2012, 06:41 PM
**This will spoil it for you if you didn't watch the movie

Hmm personally I'm not too sure I like the choice of music, too modern nightcluby. Also there isn't enough of the actual craft in that movie for my liking, I wondered if I was going to see any anti gravity race craft at all at one point. I guess I’m a little old school and hard to please.:cowboy

On the other hand it is an interesting idea of the evolution of racing, I like it, just not as a Wipeout game intro movie.

Wipeout Pure still has the best intro for me, closely followed by Wipeout 3

mdhay
16th January 2012, 07:52 PM
I'd side with RR on most of the points, but I still love this intro. Those cars are pretty well designed, fair thinking that they should make a racing game with those. :hyper

gmrtom7
16th January 2012, 08:01 PM
Upon re-watching the intro, I just realized that the F1 cars were in the Feisar/Qirex/Auricom/AG paint schemes, which was a nice touch.

James_sp
16th January 2012, 08:15 PM
they should make a racing game with those

Yes, the vehicles just before the 2048 ship are wonderful. Next Motorstorm should be like that.

Colonel
16th January 2012, 08:17 PM
fair thinking that they should make a racing game with those. :hyper

Ha, that's what I thought, I'd love a go in one of the cars that immediately preceded the AG craft. Great intro, but dreadful music... sorry.

emwu23
16th January 2012, 08:24 PM
The intro is poor in my opinion.
Wipeout 2097 that was and still is blast for me everytime i fire the game up .

Boycey83
16th January 2012, 08:35 PM
please stop making me want a vita

Cyberio
16th January 2012, 11:55 PM
I loved the Feisar-Renault Alonso-times F1 car when it appeared in the intro. It is surpassed by another car and then realizes that he has to go further... and then, get rid off his wheels!

Oryx Crake
17th January 2012, 12:30 AM
that was cool.

JABBERJAW
17th January 2012, 12:50 AM
Liked it, and YES, they should make a game with that last evolution of car ( use a sped up version of kineticas's physics without the tricks. I think they would work perfect. "Wipeout negative 10".

billychanxtr33m
17th January 2012, 01:03 AM
i did not particularly like the intro or the music :/

XR_GTR
17th January 2012, 06:54 AM
The FEISAR references during the modern F1 section are totally not subtle at all :P

If you notice carefully, all the "cars" the camera focuses on up until the futuristic part are painted in the colors of the FEISAR ships. There's also the fact that when you see the camera zoom in on the modern F1 car's wheel, FEISAR's logo is clearly seen. And the #48 is an obvious reference to 2048.

Oh and I kinda liked it but wanted to see more AG action :(

Interesting to see the history of motorsport compressed down into one minute though :P

fdmstryct
18th January 2012, 12:57 AM
http://f.asset.soup.io/asset/1689/0767_1e17.jpeg

AG-SYSTEMS
18th January 2012, 01:54 AM
I personally like it, did not care for the music, but loved the idea.

Sch@dows
18th January 2012, 08:19 AM
Liked it, and YES, they should make a game with that last evolution of car ( use a sped up version of kineticas's physics without the tricks. I think they would work perfect. "Wipeout negative 10".I'd love driving a Mazda Furai on walls >__<

Like I said in the screenshot thread (where I also posted this video), I really like that kind of video which tells a story, and not just showing some random action.
It makes you want to see it until the end.

By the way, what is the song title ?

s_dun
18th January 2012, 10:29 AM
DJ Fresh ft Sian Evans - 'Louder'

Sch@dows
18th January 2012, 01:12 PM
Thank you (unfortunately the original version isn't so good)

The Formula One skins referencing the Feisar, Quirex, Auricom and Eg-X (don't know for the blue one) is funny. It remind me of another (former) Psygnosis Studio ^_~

Cyberio
18th January 2012, 01:19 PM
I thought that DJ Fresh from X-Project was another Dj Fresh when i heard that 'Louder' song. But i was wrong, is the same producer!

Xpand
18th January 2012, 02:25 PM
I love the WO Pure intro, but I just found a new favourite.
I am actually quite surprised with this type of introduction. It fits the theme perfectly. And the music is just epic!

terakihi
20th January 2012, 12:32 AM
Loving the new Intro :)
It kinda makes me wonder what a WipEout Grand Prix would be like :g

Sausehuhn
20th January 2012, 12:04 PM
Enjoy it in HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TsDHzBk8P9Y) :)

Sch@dows
20th January 2012, 12:10 PM
And the version with commentaries :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMZVrwJLzw

UB3R~JKP
20th January 2012, 02:39 PM
It's decent. :+

jimsin
20th January 2012, 03:29 PM
Sadly I really hated the music and wasn't keen on the video either, I'd much prefer to see a full video of AG action in the intro than a lesson in vehicle evolution :(

leungbok
20th January 2012, 05:18 PM
The AG action is supposed to be performed by you, as a player ! ;) Even if it's not the nicest SL's intro with all the nice futuristic stuff, effects and music, for once it fit with the storyline of the game and it shows that the devs have a real concept, not only a prequel gimmick. :)

Amorbis
21st January 2012, 03:46 PM
I liked it as a fan of motor sport. I know it's not going to happen, but maybe Studio Liverpool are hinting at more racing games. The future cars did look like they could do a rollcage style loop-around-the-roof sort of thing.

It also makes me wish that Studio Liverpool still made the F1 games...

MiguelSkywalker
23rd January 2012, 06:06 PM
It's really shocking this new style, I have mixed feelings.

I'm not used to listen to that kind of music without a drink in my hand.

Clair_Lane-003
23rd January 2012, 07:06 PM
I really like the timeline idea. The music could of been better like electronic future like the classic intros of WipEout. I love how you can find the Feisar easter egg logos during the tire changes. I could see the studio making a different game with modern and oldschool cars and racing games especially the 2025 version of racing

love9sick
1st February 2012, 12:52 AM
Cheesy song.