PDA

View Full Version : Pad vs another type of controller for Wipeout

Olivario
14th January 2012, 07:57 PM
I was just wondering if you think that a different type of controller would be better than the dualshock. Like in GT5, for example, where the steering wheel is much better than the pad, do you think is it possible that another type of controller would suit Wipeout HD better too? What characteristics would it have?

SpeedKAng96
14th January 2012, 08:30 PM
I'd highly doubt someone would play with another kind anyway...

JFthebestJan
14th January 2012, 10:52 PM
@ olivario
the dualshock has it's advantages in GT5, so u can say it's definitively much more fun to use a wheel in GT5, but it's not better in all cases. best example is 24h le mans, it's much more comfortable to use the dualshock there, cause of the long straights. even with force feedback level set to 1, it's very tiring to use a wheel there, but no problem with dualshock ;)

mdhay
14th January 2012, 10:54 PM
I tried playing wipEout Fusion with a steering wheel, if you don't count my lack of practice with it's handling and physics engine, it was okay. for those who're interested, I also played Soul Calibur 3 with it, that was seriously messed up yet hilarious. o.O :lol

JABBERJAW
15th January 2012, 12:08 AM
Thrust master DUAL TRIGGER game pad. You can swap button/dpad functions. Works great with pitch in HD. ( it actually has three right and left triggers). A steering wheel could work amazing if you could adjust dead zones and steering sensitivities the way you like. There is NO ps3 wheel that is worth anything.

Revo
29th April 2017, 11:20 AM
I wonder how flight stick would work. Has anyone tried it?

JABBERJAW
2nd May 2017, 05:31 PM
There would definitely be a large dead zone. Maybe the cronusmax could fix it