PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout 2048 Offical Soundtrack Revealed!

Clair_Lane-003
30th December 2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.theaveragegamer.com/2011/12/30/wipeout-2048-soundtrack-revealed/

Twitted from Cold Storage, bad news though..... he's not in the list but there was a Facebook status that says that he has a collection of remixes that he calls Cold Storage 2048. So their might be music from him after all. Plus Deadmau5 is in there which is a bit surprising to me 0_0

Darkdrium777
30th December 2011, 08:32 PM
Lyrics in WipEout OST? Don't know how to feel about that.
They were minimal or none before. Maybe an instrumental mix.

I mean no offense to those who put actual songs in their HD or Pulse playlists of course. But by default it's never been the case.

Blaey
30th December 2011, 11:07 PM
After playing Wipeout HD countless times with Some Chords by Deadmau5 I can happily say that it fits the wipeout formula prettymuch perfectly with fantastic walking bass for background music.

mdhay
31st December 2011, 12:20 AM
Ohmahjesus. I really want those to be on Youtube soon. :hyper:

Sausehuhn
31st December 2011, 12:55 AM
Quite a few Dubstep tracks (who wouldn’t have seen this coming?), but a few nice surprises as well.

There’s only one track that’s already really too cheesy for my liking, though. Should at least have dropped the vocals.

CaptSkyRocket
31st December 2011, 01:12 PM
Apart from the FSOL and Prodigy tracks, I'll be loading up my PS Vita with classic tunes from CoLD SToRAGE and his 2048 remixes.

Not a fan of Dubstep music at all.

Blaey
31st December 2011, 04:58 PM
Excuse me skyrocket but i wanted to ask whether zone mode allowed you to change teams or was there just 1 'zone' team. Sorry about the off topic.

There's some nice tracks but eventually I will do what i do with HD and just play my own tracks which tends to be a mix of classic wipeout with the odd trance or electro here and there.

CaptSkyRocket
1st January 2012, 11:44 AM
Probably, as each team has its own zone type of ship. Unfortunately, I didn't try doing that in our video, not enough time during the event :-(

G'Kyl
1st January 2012, 12:43 PM
Yep, each team has its own zone ship, while each zone ship (i specifically asked about this) has different characteristics.

Ben

Blaey
1st January 2012, 03:43 PM
ooh interesting! should mix up the formula a bit :)

Oryx Crake
8th January 2012, 09:52 PM
Quite a few Dubstep tracks (who wouldn’t have seen this coming?), but a few nice surprises as well.

There’s only one track that’s already really too cheesy for my liking, though. Should at least have dropped the vocals.

More Drum n' bass than dubstep really, but still that's what the kids are dancing too these days...

As for the vocals I've always been under the impression that they dropped the vocals on firestarter (by prodigy in wo2097/XL) partly to fit the theme but also because the sound quality wasn't awesome on the old psone(or psx as it was known back then). I don't think they've actually intentionally shied away from vocals in tracks since then, they've just gone for the kind of club music that doesn't really have much in the way of vocals as a general rule.
Or well I'm just guessing here of course, not being privy to the inner dialogue at SL, but that's the way I've always thought about it.

amplificated
9th January 2012, 06:58 AM
www.destructoid.com/playstation-1-the-audiophile-s-dream--32269.phtml

JaceMc
9th January 2012, 07:24 AM
A lot of DNB which would normally be awesome in my eyes, but lots of it doesn't really fit the theme.

Rockwell - BTKRSH is a good fit, but Fresh - Louder and C&K - Breezeblock are just plain club tracks. Regurgitate would fit Motorstorm better than Wipeout.

Something like Spor - Silver Spaceman would have been a better choice. I might end up making my own tracklist :(

Oryx Crake
9th January 2012, 08:43 AM
that is interesting Amp what I meant though was the actual quality of sound files in games. not so much the output (something I know very little about in any case) but I remember many a game where voice recordings sounded little better than what they did on the old snes or sega systems, again not due to the output obviously but because of the programming and compression of the games in question. High end audio takes up a lot of space after all.

Jace: Most of the tracks seem to have been refitted for wipeout though, I wonder what changes that will mean exactly... but it has been done well in the past.

amplificated
9th January 2012, 04:36 PM
All true, and sorry for the simple post, it was from a phone and I couldn't be bothered elaborating that it's more an interesting aside than a counterpoint.

JaceMc
10th January 2012, 09:54 AM
Jace: Most of the tracks seem to have been refitted for wipeout though, I wonder what changes that will mean exactly... but it has been done well in the past.

An edit normally isn't anything more than a re-arrangement of the track though. I would guess they've probably shortened the intros so that the song doesn't last an entire race. They won't have messed with the sounds or leads or bass.

Oryx Crake
11th January 2012, 04:51 PM
Jace: you never know, check out the differences in aerodynamik from the HD soundtrack, the edit is quite radically different from the original, granted though most times you're absolutely right they just make it fit better with a video game.

MiguelSkywalker
11th January 2012, 06:06 PM
Sorry to be the black sheep here but I'll go for Ace of Spades.:cowboy
I'm also looking forward to adding those CoLD SToRAGE 2048 remixes.
To be honest, some of the new tracks in Fury and some of these for 2048 don't feel like WipEout at all to me (see Louder for more details).

kaori
12th January 2012, 01:29 PM
Hello, you can heard 13 tracks here : http://www.youtube.com/user/UgurGuel/feed

Thanks to Eleven_GG_Ex !

Mu5
13th January 2012, 07:47 AM
Nice one :+

I found this playlist today, pretty cool - http://youtu.be/mwMDuksIBos

Nice version of Invaders Must Die by the Prodigy on there :D (Liam H's Re-Amped Version) Awesome

Rapier Racer
13th January 2012, 03:14 PM
Not so sure I'm impressed with most of that soundtrack, hopefully the custom playlist option is still available.

mdhay
18th January 2012, 06:57 PM
...and they're gone. :|

fdmstryct
19th January 2012, 06:57 AM
Guys, you should try to listen KOAN sound, it fits perfectly.

redcheckers
1st February 2012, 02:29 PM
Aw man, I expected to see Cyantific making an appearance on the soundtrack.

love9sick
1st February 2012, 05:15 PM
I effin hate dumbstep. I hope there is no dumpstep.

love9sick
1st February 2012, 05:22 PM
Nice one :+

I found this playlist today, pretty cool - http://youtu.be/mwMDuksIBos

Nice version of Invaders Must Die by the Prodigy on there :D (Liam H's Re-Amped Version) Awesome

Oh my spaghetti monster!!! that song is freaking terrible! I hope this garbage isn't in wipeout 2048 :( , it doesn't fit at all.

Hello, you can heard 13 tracks here : http://www.youtube.com/user/UgurGuel/feed

Thanks to Eleven_GG_Ex !

Nothing loads.

lanceurdehache
1st February 2012, 06:51 PM
yes it is but they used a version that fit a lot more for WipEout

http://youtu.be/2lNKx1z9_1E

love9sick
1st February 2012, 07:37 PM
Still seems wrong to me, I guess I'm going to have to hear and feel the experience with my head phones on to make a call. I hope I can use my own music, and I don't mean in a go to the menu every time I want to start a new song at the beginning of each race.

lanceurdehache
1st February 2012, 08:32 PM
the PSVita as custom soundtrack for every game, so yes your gonna be able to change your music

love9sick
2nd February 2012, 10:40 AM
the PSVita as custom soundtrack for every game, so yes your gonna be able to change your music

That's good, it will play a new song from the beginning each time I start a new circuit?

Darkdrium777
2nd February 2012, 11:07 AM
It will be the music app of the Vita running in the background. I'm assuming it will play through the loading screens like the Xbox does AFAIK.

love9sick
2nd February 2012, 11:19 AM
It will be the music app of the Vita running in the background. I'm assuming it will play through the loading screens like the Xbox does AFAIK.

:(********************

amplificated
2nd February 2012, 11:32 AM
Just confirming that that is exactly how it works ^^

lanceurdehache
2nd February 2012, 03:21 PM
At least your gonna listen to something during the one minute loading :lol

love9sick
2nd February 2012, 10:04 PM
At least your gonna listen to something during the one minute loading :lol

I don't know if I should laugh or cry hahaha :lol

redcheckers
3rd February 2012, 05:50 PM
I effin hate dumbstep. I hope there is no dumpstep.

What genre is that? Haha, I know what you mean. Last time it appeared was in Pulse with Skream's 'Suspicious Thoughts', it really is unfitting for Wipeout. But in my humble opinion most Cyantific tracks would be a perfect fit.

Darkdrium777
3rd February 2012, 06:56 PM
It depends really on the person. If you take Skrillex it's mostly noise and I can't really listen to that for very long.
But there are some dubstep tracks out there that have a little more of a progressive or trance style and those can be good.
I don't know what's the case for 2048 though, I have not had a real chance to listen to the music.

love9sick
4th February 2012, 12:33 AM
There is many genres of music one can talk about but what is really important is what fits Wipeout the game. In my opinion they have to be old school techno, breaks, and progressive. It is what has been mostly used and fits the atmosphere best. Very trancy songs and over done drum and bass plus dubstep just doesn't fit, I'm sure there are some great songs as well as bad in all genres of electronica.

Redcheckers, Skream does dub step but suspicious thoughts in Pulse wasn't all that bad and didn't sound very dubstep to me. Though it was probably the closest thing, it was missing that "drop" point as they call it and the bassline felt more DnB than dubstep. He probably held back because maybe skream thought it wouldn't fit the game either, I mean look at Tiesto-Gold rush in wipeout pure...it doesn't sound like Trance as it had no trance riffs in it at all and yet Tiesto is known for mainly cheesy as heck trance. So I thought maybe the artists listened to the previous tracks on other wipeout games and wanted to fit the theme a little more, which would be good imo.

Sorry, I get slammed by the forum moderators for directly quoting people cause for some reason it is forbidden here so I have to reply like this.

redcheckers
4th February 2012, 06:35 AM
If they decided to add a Skrillex track to the song list I would cut my ears off with a salted knife... Not just a disgrace to dubstep, but a disgrace to electronica in general imo. Btw most of Tiesto's recent work would be too glitzy and over the top for Wipeout.

love9sick
4th February 2012, 08:06 PM
I hope no Skrillex hits Wipeout in the sequel. We all know we will see another Wipeout on the Vita. That is obvious. I want some more unique and new tracks.

love9sick
6th February 2012, 09:37 AM
Don't some people already have this game? Why can't someone who already has it chime in here? Can you turn of each song one by one like in Pure? I hope I'm not left listening to two tracks the entire game.

amplificated
7th February 2012, 01:37 AM
You can't uncheck individual songs, but you can turn the music off and use the media app to play your own stuff while keeping the fx on. This works for all Vita games, which would include a 2048 sequel.

Even if there is a sequel, I wouldn't think that far ahead, especially regarding the soundtrack. I remember hearing a dev say they had plans to support this with packs like they did with pure, so I imagine any sequel is a ways off for now. Hell, most of the world doesn't even have this one yet.