PDA

View Full Version : How do you prefer your physics???

Auricom Jim
17th December 2011, 05:11 AM
I doubt I'm alone here when I say how great the physics were in the first 3 wipeout games for psx. I still hate the new controls and I hate how pitching the nose up doesn't make a bit of difference anymore. They screwed it up on wipeout fusion, and I honestly thought everything after that was just crap as well. WHY!!! Why would a team manager take a game that got SO much praise, and completely screw with the dynamics / physics of the craft and the game itself? Naughty Dog didn't screw with the control scheme or the physics of Nathan Drake. they kept the GOOD parts, and improved on them.

So I want to know who the hell here actually played the original three and DIDNT find the physics in all the games to follow completely abysmal.

Post your thoughts. I'm not here to criticize the players.

I still support the series, but have never enjoyed any wipeouts since 2001.

thats my opinion.

How do you like the physics in the new wipeouts? (I thought HD was tolerable, but still a bit retarded and clunky)(beautiful though).

Slacker
17th December 2011, 01:01 PM
It's not the physics of the new wipeouts that bugs me, it's the camera angle. First three wipeouts, the camera followed the track as much as it did you, later the camera strictly follows the craft. It sounds weird, but it does affect your racing.

feisar rocket
17th December 2011, 01:15 PM
Since br's are still here I want Pure br physics. I was harder to pull one in pure compared to HD and pulse. Pure ships drift (Air-Drift in HD (my new move)) a bit. Not as much as XL but a bit.

Therefore, Pure × XL physics is the best combonation don't you think?

Auricom Jim
17th December 2011, 04:18 PM
I like the results so far. As far as I'm concerned Wipeout 3's physics were just a polished version of XL's. tighter. So I count those votes together

Since I got Wipeout 3 se I've been adapting to wipeout 3 (SE) physics and handling more and more. I'd REALLY like to unlock Quirex on Special Edition. I dont know why but I've been getting better times in XL running Quirex than Auricom.

It's not the physics of the new wipeouts that bugs me, it's the camera angle. First three wipeouts, the camera followed the track as much as it did you, later the camera strictly follows the craft. It sounds weird, but it does affect your racing.

I know what you mean! for sure. I didn't notice as much but it's definitely true. I also kinda miss when the camera goes behind (through) the side walls briefly during a tight corner...see Valparaiso on phantom to get an idea of what I mean. lol.