PDA

View Full Version : J wipeout 3 box so much better than NA box

billychanxtr33m
14th December 2011, 06:16 PM
so i saw a japanese copy of 3 on ebay a bit ago for cheap and couldnt help myself. 8)

so when i got it in the mail a few days ago, i was shocked to see how much BETTER the box and manual were than the NA version.

check some comparison shots attached and decide for yourself.

JABBERJAW
14th December 2011, 06:30 PM
Yeah, it's really a nice cover, the game is better too!

stin
14th December 2011, 06:32 PM
I also got one too but it`s never been opened and got the jap`s price on it!:cowboy

Also, got jap`s XL too, have you?

stevie:)

billychanxtr33m
14th December 2011, 11:16 PM
no J XL yet, thinking about getting a mod chip for my psx which is just laying around though

multibodydynamics
16th December 2011, 11:25 AM
Yeah, it's really a nice cover, the game is better too!

What is different in the game?

JABBERJAW
16th December 2011, 11:23 PM
The physics are slightly better than the NTSC A version. There is less turbo scraping, and sometimes in the ntsca version, when you barely clip a wall you stop, but not so in the j version. Also, Icarus has 1 better steering ( awesome), and the Assegai has 1 more shield. Sometime the A version is faster depending on turbo scraping, and sometimes the j version is faster with the better turning of the Icarus. Also, it has two oval tracks, with superspeed

multibodydynamics
17th December 2011, 02:05 PM
Those two oval tracks are the ones that are included in Wipeout 3 Special Edition, right? In this version there are a special kind of ship that looks the same for all teams, just different colors. Is it done the same way in the jap version or do you race these two tracks with the ordinary ships?
Are there any more extra tracks included in the jap version? I mean, am I missing any tracks that are not included in Wipeout 3 SE?

JABBERJAW
17th December 2011, 05:21 PM
Nope, but the physics are better and the game is smoother than 3se. If you had gotten the classic tracks, it would be phenomenal. It would be great if someone could do a track swap from 3se classic tracks to the j version normal tracks.

Auricom Jim
17th December 2011, 05:51 PM
no J XL yet, thinking about getting a mod chip for my psx which is just laying around though

buying a cheap psone and doing the disc swap is a good alternative to a mod chip.