PDA

View Full Version : WipEout the... board game?

Omni Requiem
13th December 2011, 11:55 PM
It's been a while since I posted on here, so apologies if this is in the wrong area. In either case I was playing HD recently until a power cut came along. Wondering about getting a fix of AG racing I then began to toy with the idea of board games.

Now call me old fashioned, but it could work and also quite well at that. I can picture people arguing over who will end up playing as FEISAR... ;)

But, you know when you start with a small idea and you start thinking how it could work? That kind of happened so I've been racking my brains on some ideas, here's a few of the basics, if I can find some sort of software to pull this off I imagine it will be a project for the new year.

-Monopoly style board, so you do laps, get some sort of health/point/money bonus when you pass the finish line. Games can have a set amount of laps or just go for an Eliminator game and try to be the last craft standing.

-Random placement of weapons pads and speedboosts, probably decided by dice rolls until all the objects are used up. Maybe extra obstacles can be inserted to effect gameplay though I've yet to work out how to how things like chicanes, loops or jumps could effect dice rolls.

-Landing on weapons pads allows you to draw a weapons card which you can then use, save for your next turn or "absorb" to top up health. Obviously if you have a weapon in hand before landing on another pad you can't pick up another one.

-Rockets: Effect the next player in front on one edge of the board. The player takes damage and some kind of movement penalty for the next turn or is pushed back 1 space?
-Quake Disruptor: Same as above, but effects all players over the next 10 spaces around the board.
-Force Wall: Planted 10 spaces ahead and stays there until stopping an upcoming player in their tracks, so if a 9 is rolled but a Force Wall is on the 6th space along, the player can only go 6 spaces but takes no damage.
-Plasma Bolt: Still working out how to have that PB feel to it, but maybe working like a rocket but you need to roll the dice and beat the number of spaces between you and the
target, rolling more than an evil and up-close 3 is easier than a further off 9 that needs either a lucky or skillful shot. Oh, and heavy damage of course!

Anyhow, what do you guys think? And any input would be great, the more weapons and insane the "track" could be the better. ;)

F.E.I.S.A.R
14th December 2011, 02:45 AM
I believe that someone started this,but not so sure where it went...

feisar rocket
17th December 2011, 03:07 AM
I like this!

leach beam: stays for the (die ×3)÷2 (10×3 = 30÷2 = 15 turns (everybodies turn) and drains energy by the die × the number of players ÷ 2 ( 12 × 8 = 96 ÷ 2 = 48 damage for the turn)

The leacher gets the total damage ÷ 4 as hp (48÷4 = 12 hp) Leach beam can be someones nightmare...