PDA

View Full Version : Official WipEout 3 Website Materials - Help Needed

Amorbis
12th December 2011, 01:48 PM
I'm currently on an unending search for the materials that used to be available on the Kleber hosted WipEout 3 website (not the existing www.wip3out.com (http://www.wip3out.com)). Some members will remember this excellent website that had a vast amount of resources for Wip3out, from team logo application vectors to team stats and information.

I've spent the past month or so trying to locate someone somewhere who has this stuff archived or backed up who would be willing to share it with the community. If they were located they could then be rehosted here on the Zone or somewhere else for everyone to enjoy and use.

I have been in contact with people about these resources, such as Kleber.net themselves about what happened to the old www.kleber.net/wipeout3/ URL and with someone known as Sumimasen on Luxology.com who mentions that they own a backup of the website in a forum post, but I have so far been unable to extract anything from anyone. Archive.org also lacks the .SWF files for the website and provides less useful GIFs that cannot be scaled.

If anyone here on WipEout Zone has these files or knows anyone who has them please feel free to contribute. You'd be helping the community as a whole as well as myself!

Flint Fandango
12th December 2011, 04:41 PM
Well, I didn´t know the website back then nor do I have some of the stuff you´re searching for, but maybe it would be clever to ask Sausehuhn about it.
He helped me with some G45 stuff from W3O, so he could be a helpful member in this special case.

Amorbis
12th December 2011, 05:20 PM
I should have stated that I'd already asked Sausehuhn, who sadly lacks all of the original stuff. He had some of the logo vectors, but sadly they were not the originals and were slightly off with fonts and shapes.

Hopefully if anyone does have the files I'll be able to share them with Sausehuhn too, as well as everyone else.

Sausehuhn
12th December 2011, 08:41 PM
I still cannot help with the official material, but I meticulously traced all the team logos based on original flash-data and reference pictures taken from promo material, wip3out.com and the manual.
I adjusted distorted flash outlines and did my best to get it all as close to the original as possible.

I attached a preview, so you know what I’m talking about. I’m not sure to which extend I’m allowed to share these, even though they are of course for personal use only.

One could also try to contact Build (http://wearebuild.com/), as he was the one who did the WO3 corporate designs as far as I know. But maybe he cannot provide any files anyway as those may still belong to The Designer Republic, because he made that stuff when he was still employed there.

Good luck.

Amorbis
12th December 2011, 11:38 PM
The preview is close to what I'm thinking about. It would be great if you could share the full size files with us.

I never really thought about the legal side though, it could be an issue with Sony even as personal use. It might also explain why Kleber never responded to my email (but I never really expected them too, they have bigger things to worry about). But the game is over 10 years old now and DR is gone too. Maybe some expert advice is needed.