PDA

View Full Version : Ships stats

kaori
11th December 2011, 09:20 PM
Here the first stats for two versions of the team Feisar ;)
Firepower replaces thrust of previous game ! 10 is the maximum.

TEAM SHIP SPEED HANDLING HEALTH FIREPOWER

FEISAR Speed 8 7 4 6
FEISAR Fighter 5 6 8 8
FEISAR Agility 5 9 6 7

AG-Systems Speed 7 8 3 6
AG-Systems Fighter 6 6 7 7
AG-Systems Agility 5 10 5 6

Qirex Speed 9 6 5 8
Qirex Fighter 6 5 9 10
Qirex Agility 5 7 8 9

Auricom Speed 9 5 6 7
Auricom Fighter - - - -
Auricom Agility 6 7 8 8

Pir-Hana Speed 10 4 4 7
Pir-Hana Fighter 7 3 9 9
Pir-Hana Agility 7 7 4 8
I'll update this message if we have more infos for other ships :)

mdhay
11th December 2011, 10:05 PM
Ergh, firepower. Preferred thrust myself. :S

Blaey
11th December 2011, 10:41 PM
*ahem*
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/Blaey/2048_ships2_640x360.png (http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/Blaey/2048_ships2.png)
(click for HD version)

FEISAR Speed 8 7 4 6
FEISAR Agility
FEISAR Fighter 5 6 8 8
FEISAR Prototype
AG-Systems Speed 8 8 2 6
Qirex Fighter 5 3 8 8
Auricom Agility 6 6 6 8
Pir-Hana Fighter 6 3 8 8

Blaey
11th December 2011, 10:58 PM
Oops! stupid firefox...

swift killer
12th December 2011, 10:54 AM
Is that legitimate?

yeldar2097
12th December 2011, 11:54 AM
Here comes CoD

kaori
12th December 2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks Blaey for help, but I'm sure the stats from this website (http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/wipeout/2048/team.html) are false.

Eg, the FEISAR Speed would have 9/9 in speed, 3/9 in shield, 6/9 in health and firepower. Qirex and Pir-Hana Fighters would be the same ship. Etc !
The stats of the two FEISAR are apparent in the last video of CaptSkyRocket ;)

Blaey
12th December 2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks Blaey for help, but I'm sure the stats from this website (http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/wipeout/2048/team.html) are false.

Eg, the FEISAR Speed would have 9/9 in speed, 3/9 in shield, 6/9 in health and firepower. Qirex and Pir-Hana Fighters would be the same ship. Etc !
The stats of the two FEISAR are apparent in the last video of CaptSkyRocket ;)
heh I was just guestimating the stats based off the japanese website like you assumed. considering thats the official website I'd say they'd be pretty close... But i do agree that they're a little wierd

CaptSkyRocket
12th December 2011, 03:05 PM
Screenshot from the same PS Vita event where we filmed the zone mode and Rockway Stadium videos.

The Qirex Fighter stats don't match up with those on the Japanese website.
I'd expect that Studio Liverpool are still balancing up the ship and team stats before release.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h378/CaptSkyRocket/Videogames/wipEout2048_ShipSelectionScreenSmall.jpg

kaori
12th December 2011, 03:43 PM
Interesting and surprising. The Qirex fighter is almost like the Feisar fighter in performance (6/5 vs 5/6), but with better "fight" stats !

Why will we choose the Feisar if the Qirex is better :frown:

When you play a season, can you change your team, (Feisar to Qirex) or you have to be faithful (what is mean we have to do 5 times the career with the 5 teams in order to finish the game) ?

Temet
12th December 2011, 04:37 PM
Why will we choose the Feisar

No need to go further :g

I'm a long term Feisar hater, sorry! :g

Darkdrium777
12th December 2011, 08:40 PM
Yeah I don't think these stats will stay fixed.
Between the WipEout Pulse beta version and the final one weren't some stats on ships changed? I'm thinking maybe Mirage wasn't always 8/8/8/8? That's the one I recall most, I don't know why...
I'm probably wrong though, and I don't have that beta version anymore to check for myself.

CaptSkyRocket
13th December 2011, 10:01 AM
When you play a season, can you change your team, (Feisar to Qirex) or you have to be faithful (what is mean we have to do 5 times the career with the 5 teams in order to finish the game) ?

I was able to freely change my ship type and team as you saw on the Rockway Stadium race gameplay video before each race. I didn't see any loyalty XP system in place, although that may change.

Ships were unlocked on the basis of XP level reached in this build. When I'd finished the Rockway Stadium track what you didn't see in our video was the unlock of the Qirex Speed ship when reached level 9, I think it was.

Omni Requiem
13th December 2011, 10:24 PM
With this multiple ship idea going on and all those stats, it does make the mind boggle a little. If there will be extra teams available (doubtful if the game revolves mostly around the origins before a lot of the teams were set up) it will become really confusing.

I'm guessing along with a good few people that the stats will be ironed out a little, remember that there are essentially what we would consider the equivalent of 20 teams and they still have to balance things out a little to keep in line with what traits certain teams have. In other words I can imagine a hell of a lot of tweaking...

I guess it doesn't feel very "WipEout-ish" with all these options as I'm used to certain ships acting in certain ways but this direction could bring something new and viable to the series. :)

Colonel
13th December 2011, 11:43 PM
It's a bit like Fusion where once you'd upgraded any given ship it was as good as any other. Having said that there are "intangibles" i.e. stats you son't see so I hope the ships will behave differently regardless of the visible stats.

It also retains the choice to pick a ship for your style. If you want to shoot everyone then you'll pick a fighter ship, if you want to get ahead of the pack then you'll pick a speed ship. Job's a good un I guess :?

Mad-Ice
14th December 2011, 05:49 AM
I hope the speed ships are so fast compared to the others like; agility, fighter and concept, that they aren't able to Barrel Roll. So this extra speed makes up for all those BRs. This could make everybody happy and it could fit right into the story line; after 2048 the federation decided to leave out the BRs for 2052! Because the speed was too much with added BRs.

leungbok
14th December 2011, 06:56 AM
The speed's never too much ! :p

Mad-Ice
14th December 2011, 10:07 AM
LOL! Yes I know and totally agree! I was only thinking about balancing the ships, the story line and making more pilots happy!

kaori
5th February 2012, 03:24 PM
First post updated.

Hellfire_WZ
5th February 2012, 03:41 PM
To those who have a fair number unlocked - is it feasible to be able to win races using any craft like in HD? Or are we dealing with the prospect of a "supership" again?

And by race, I mean proper racing. Obviously fighter class craft are suited to combat events :P

lanceurdehache
5th February 2012, 03:53 PM
I would add, is there any ship dominating the leaderboard on TT and SL (like Icarus in WipEout HD/Fury) ?

leungbok
5th February 2012, 04:06 PM
ag-systems speed is the most comfortable ship for tt/sl atm !
feisar prototype, feisar speed, qirex speed and pir-hana speed are on top of many records also.
I use one of those ships depending of the track, i have some good times in A+ speed laps with any of them and some WR on A class with pir-hana speed, qirex speed or feisar speed, lot of margin remains and many different tactics. I think it's a bit soon to determine a best ship for tt/sl.

love9sick
6th February 2012, 09:44 AM
Yay! once again AG systems gets boned in the speed department. *sigh*

Temet
6th February 2012, 09:53 AM
Yay, once again a guy that was totally absent for 3 years is complaining for a detail!

leungbok
6th February 2012, 09:59 AM

FEISAR Speed 8 7 4 6
FEISAR Fighter 5 6 8 8
FEISAR Agility 5 9 6 7

AG-Systems Speed 7 8 3 6

Qirex Speed 9 6 5 8
Qirex Fighter 6 5 9 10
Qirex Agility 5 7 8 9

Auricom Speed 9 5 6 7
Auricom Fighter 5 5 10 9
Auricom Agility 6 7 8 8

Pir-Hana Speed 10 4 4 7
Pir-Hana Fighter 7 3 9 9
Pir-Hana Agility 7 7 4 8

love9sick
6th February 2012, 10:13 AM
Yay, once again a guy that was totally absent for 3 years is complaining for a detail!

Detail?

Temet
6th February 2012, 10:56 AM
Based on your input Leung, I added a "total" row... just to compare.

I've seen more balanced...

Darkdrium777
6th February 2012, 01:26 PM
Can someone put the prototype ships on there?
Also if possible add like a size 8 description of their ability.
When it's finished it should be put into the first post.

Temet
6th February 2012, 01:46 PM
There are not stats for prototype ships ;)

I think Leungbok posted this somewhere. I don't remember everything but :

- Feisar prototype is a speed type. It's special ability is a speed bar that you fill each time you pass on a speed pad. It resets each time you cross the starting line.

- AG-Sys is agility type. Has double-BR + enhanced side shifts ability.

- Auricom is ??? type. I think his trajectory and speed are not disturbed by weapons.

... Qirex and Pir-Hana (why do they change the writing of this one each episode?) , I don't know.

Darkdrium777
6th February 2012, 02:15 PM
When you say speed, agility type... If I understand correctly it means that Feisar prototype has the same stats as Feisar speed plus it has it's special ability?

Temet
6th February 2012, 02:32 PM
Maybe not the same stats... but the ship looks like a speed class one.

Consider I don't have the game myself, I just chat with Leungbok often ;)

For the stats, I can be different as the speed of the ship increase with his ability (for Feisar).

leungbok
6th February 2012, 03:19 PM
If I understand correctly it means that Feisar prototype has the same stats as Feisar speed plus it has it's special ability?

I thought that at first but the feisar prototype is slower than the feisar speed at the begining of a lap and faster once you filled enough of your "speed gauge".
His handling also seems different than the feisar speed type.

Qirex prototype (fighter) can't pick up any item, but has infinite amount of powerfull cannon bullets. You can't fire unceasingly because you need to let your bullet gauge replenish regularly and you can absorb that bullet gauge instead of firing.

lanceurdehache
6th February 2012, 04:48 PM
Based on your input Leung, I added a "total" row... just to compare.

I've seen more balanced...

but the acceleration stats is hidden this time, it is hard to know if it is balanced

JABBERJAW
6th February 2012, 05:06 PM
The acceleration stat missing is pretty bad. There once again is no reason for this. It's a very important part of the game

lanceurdehache
6th February 2012, 05:20 PM
I agree with you, adding a 5th bar would not have been hard IMO. The only reason i see for that is the ergonomic, if i remember well there was a rule for not overwhelming the user with information, but i dont remember the number it was :|.

amplificated
6th February 2012, 06:06 PM
I still aren't even sure what the firepower stat is for... I guess it's purely a gauge for how powerful weapons are for your ship. Pretty worthless stat when it only comes in to play by giving you a bit more margin to kill a ship in combat; though I guess combat is supposed to be the main draw of the game now based on what I've heard about the online experience and goals.

NFI how people could be more interested in combat than racing.

leungbok
6th February 2012, 06:14 PM
Combat is easier than racing on wipeout ! ;)

JABBERJAW
6th February 2012, 10:09 PM
Ok everyone, people are playing combat TO OPEN THINGS UP QUICKER, no other reason, it is not that fun. Once these people open everything up, they will start choosing races, making it more difficult for anyone else to open things up quickly. I can see the gripes on here now, unless they throw everyone else in different rooms. Either way, if people get the game late, it will be very difficult to open everything up

Temet
6th February 2012, 10:33 PM
People are playing Combat because will this is a FPS era,that's all!
See HD, rooms were massively Eliminator. Don't expect this to change...

leungbok
14th February 2012, 09:25 PM

FEISAR Speed 8 7 4 6
FEISAR Fighter 5 6 8 8
FEISAR Agility 5 9 6 7

AG-Systems Speed 7 8 3 6

Qirex Speed 9 6 5 8
Qirex Fighter 6 5 9 10
Qirex Agility 5 7 8 9