View Full Version : New Zone Mode Video

Mu5
29th November 2011, 01:59 PM
Newly uploaded to youtube..

http://youtu.be/YN2hkPZahwg

Looks pretty cool ...and the game looks nearly finished :D

Hellfire_WZ
30th November 2011, 03:07 PM
I got the message about that London event on the bloody day it was happening, and couldn't get over there. Gutted, I'd have loved to try out Zone.

It does look good though, looks more colourful than HD's version. Shame that the various milestones have changed to a more mundane A+, A, B, C grading system than something based on the speed classes

Mu5
30th November 2011, 10:20 PM
Unlucky Bro it would have rocked :)

I got sent that link in an email from my mate in the UK titled 'Hong Long Import?' and was excited as I thought they might be selling Vita's already :D

Yep colours look great :D :+ I agree the grading system is slightly mundane - Im sure this is to aid 'newbies' get into it :)

amplificated
1st December 2011, 12:28 AM
I think the grading system is just replacing the bronze/silver/gold award system in the campaign. Not sure if it qualifies speed classes like HD as you progress though.

CaptSkyRocket
1st December 2011, 11:20 AM
The grading system relates to the speed class e.g. C (flash), B (Rapier), A (Phantom), A+ (Super Phantom). On the races I'd played I could see the speed class represented by a letter. You'll also see this when we publish our race video this week :D

Mu5
2nd December 2011, 10:25 AM
Looking forward to it nice one :+ :)

F.E.I.S.A.R
2nd December 2011, 11:16 AM
I got the message about that London event on the bloody day it was happening, and couldn't get over there. Gutted, I'd have loved to try out Zone.

It does look good though, looks more colourful than HD's version. Shame that the various milestones have changed to a more mundane A+, A, B, C grading system than something based on the speed classes

I'm also more for seeing Sub-Venom,Venom,Sub-Flash,Flash,Sub-Rapier,Rapier-Sub-Phantom,Phantom,Super Phantom,Zen,Sub Sonic,Mach 1 and Supersonic.....Pulse stopped at Zen...

Colonel
2nd December 2011, 01:46 PM
You forgot Super-Zen F.E.I.S.A.R ;)

I totally agree anyway, speed classes are miles better than C,B,A etc. Haredly a deal breaker though, it still looks great. I'd be interested to know how your score is rewarded by taking the skill cuts, if done well this could really make things interesting at higher speeds.

P_Denton
30th December 2011, 02:21 PM
Nice color schemes. Though I wonder how health regen is handled as tracks are said to be much longer than in HD and he lasted quite a long time despite some mistakes. I guess 33 was a target decent enough for medium difficulty, hopefully the zone events in the campaign won't be a joke like in HD.

Coaster1235
30th December 2011, 05:05 PM
The speed gradings will run out at A+... does this mean 2048 zone won't have faster than super phantom speeds? D:

Hellfire_WZ
30th December 2011, 09:06 PM
Just because the labels run out doesn't mean it stops accelerating, it'll still carry on getting faster. Have a look at some HD Zone videos for players just hitting Supersonic, and compare it to videos of players who are hitting zones in the 120s. Same speed class, but a huge difference in speeds.