PDA

View Full Version : What's with me and Split-Screen?

AG-SYSTEMS
27th November 2011, 10:42 PM
I can win a race, no doubt. But when I play split-screen, my brain fizzes out and I can't think. I sometimes forget to release the air brake or turn.

Got any tips?

Xpand
27th November 2011, 10:55 PM
That happens to me too. That's why I make time trials with my friends instead of playing split-screen.

D_1998_BR
1st December 2011, 11:25 AM
I don't really have much problems with split-screen,Since i was 4 i needed to play split-screen mario kart races with my brothers and friends and whoever wanted to play,so i got used to it :)

Try going for horizontally divided split-screen,or even try the vertical one if your already using it.

Dark_Phantom_89
1st December 2011, 12:27 PM
It's because the frame rate drops signifcantly when in split-screen so your reflexes get messed up especially on Phantom class.

AG-SYSTEMS
1st December 2011, 08:49 PM
Figures, I like racing on high speed classes. And I usually set up the game.

JABBERJAW
1st December 2011, 11:27 PM
What version? Some games (wo3) play perfect in SS, and smoothly, while others HD are very unsmooth.

AG-SYSTEMS
2nd December 2011, 12:21 AM
HD Fury, figures too.

JABBERJAW
3rd December 2011, 01:34 AM
Yeah, I am WAY slower in split screen. It's horrible that it plays so poorly. Wipeout 3 is fantastic in split, 64 runs well, fusion runs well too. They all have far superior frame rates. If it had run smoothly, I would have played that more than the laggy online for sure.

TheFrostE
4th December 2011, 02:29 AM
you know what IS fun Al...playing XL in phenetia with two pirhana lagging around that first corner lol

JABBERJAW
2nd January 2012, 03:44 AM
The lag there is slowdown, no frame skipping, so as bad as it is, at least you can make the turns. A hack to turn off the CPU ships in XL would be fantastic though

Rapier Racer
9th January 2012, 05:40 PM
Phatom split screen on HD is a challenge, got my girfriend addicted to it now so been playing my fair share of split screen HD. I'm fine up to Rapier but the lack of smoothness makes Phantom a bit tricky, feels like it screws up racing lines.

MyNameIsBom
10th January 2012, 12:31 AM
funny thing is, i do better in Split screen races ( better times etc. ) i think im just used to, been playing split screen ever since i was little xD

Colonel
10th January 2012, 02:37 PM
Am I imagining it or is there a significant difference between playing split screen on a SDTV with a standard connection, and via HMDI on a 1080pTV? Played some split screen the other night on my TV and yes, the framerate drop was annoying, but nowhere near as bad as on my friend's SDTV.

Some time ago I played split screen (Rapier) Elims with andyf53 on his SDTV, and it was simply unplayable, must have been about 10FPS or something. Or so it seemed :?

JABBERJAW
15th January 2012, 02:37 PM
They say it's 30, but if wipeout XL is 30, and 2097 is 25, then I'd say a consistent 20 is where it is really at. It is playable, but disorienting after playing it smoothly in single player. They should have cut down the graphics to make it run smooth, instead of making it look pretty, but not be fun at all to play. Also, being able to get a turbo start would have been welcome. Adding a LAN option so lag wouldn't have been a factor would have been nice as well, making the HD multiplayer a blast to play in the same room.

Rapier Racer
15th January 2012, 06:59 PM
Ah ha it's not just me then, I thought I was miss timing the button press for the turbo start, my split screen turbo start success rate isn't great.

JABBERJAW
15th January 2012, 11:38 PM
Is it 0%, mine is in split screen.

Rapier Racer
16th January 2012, 04:50 PM
Thinking about it off hand it quite possibly is 0, I think I'm going on a misson.