PDA

View Full Version : A call to MW3 fans!

SoA_Booney
8th November 2011, 09:37 PM
With the new release of the much anticipated MW3 i cant help but notice that most of the wipers (on my friends list) dont really play it or havent had the urge to buy it yet. I then bagan to wonder if there are any fans here as i would love to have a few sessions with people as im on my own most of the time :L so if so message on here on whats to like and whats not to like about the game as a whole for an insight for people considering it and if you fancy a session or not :) many thanks, Booney.

mdhay
8th November 2011, 10:31 PM
Maybe most of us don't feel like paying for £40 DLC, people's reasons are subjective after all.

I'm going to stop there, me and CoD, EA and all that other guff don't mix well. I'd use the compare trophies function and see who you have who plays it that way, then get in touch with them personally. :+

Darkdrium777
8th November 2011, 11:20 PM
Maybe most of us don't feel like paying for £40 DLCYou are generous. You still have to walk to the store in most cases to purchase it, so it's not really DLC. It's more of a go-to-the-store-and-buy-last-year's-game-again kind of thing.

Sarcasm aside, you have not mentioned on which platform you are playing. I know this is a Playstation focused forum but still people might (definitely) play on other platforms.

SoA_Booney
9th November 2011, 02:36 PM
yeah i know what you mean, and yeah im talking ps3. Just wanted to know if we have an cod fans here really, would be a good way to make friends too as the chat function works, which i wish still did on wo :L

Temet
9th November 2011, 03:14 PM
In France it more around 50£ for the cheapest vendors ;)

And personnaly I don't like realistic FPS, I prefer a SciFi FPS (Bioshock, Dead Space (ok, TPS), Crysis, etc)

mdhay
9th November 2011, 03:25 PM
You are generous. You still have to walk to the store in most cases to purchase it, so it's not really DLC. It's more of a go-to-the-store-and-buy-last-year's-game-again kind of thing.

I'd compare that to DLC; for what they've added, they should've just kept it that way, then halved the price.

MegaGeeza22
9th November 2011, 05:41 PM
I used to loooove Call of Duty, i loved to relive the old WW2 battles on my PS2...
Call of Duty
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Then i enjoyed Call of Duty 3, it was released just after the launch of PS3 i think and it was great to play my favourite genre on high def.
Then Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare came out and i loved it! it was all new with a very different story which i enjoyed, then it went back to Call of Duty: World at War which i thought was ok but the single player was reduced and only took a few hours to complete...
I believe that Hardcore Call of Duty fans dont even buy the games any more, the single player mode was what bought people back but now there is no story... well maybe a very unrealistic 2 hour story based on terrorists and over equipped U.S and SAS soldiers...
Its all based on multiplayer now which is just a run and gun, respawn and repeat game that hasnt changed since Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare... i refuse to pay full price for a 2 hour story and a multiplayer thats exactly the same but with new perks and a voice that says "kill confirmed" every 5 seconds...

Dark_Phantom_89
9th November 2011, 08:00 PM
Battlefield 3 is better IMO. I've played MW3 at a mate's house and it doesn't even compare to BF3. Don't flame me.

There are quite a few zoners playing that as well. I've had some nice games with GreenyMac.

UB3R~JKP
10th November 2011, 09:26 AM
MW3? Bought it, played through the laughable story on the night I got it at midnight launch. Gave it to my little brother. Went back to playing Sonic Generations. Bought it to play with friends but to be honest it was a stupid move. The game is the exact same as the previous 2 iterations.

Darkdrium777
10th November 2011, 08:28 PM
Modern Warfare 3: Hacks on Day-1. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wfSg_-61FU)

I guess that's the disadvantage of recycling the same engine year after year after year.

UB3R~JKP
10th November 2011, 09:58 PM
Combined with the lack of drive to fix the already broken engine.

mdhay
10th November 2011, 10:34 PM
Soooo, Minecraft anyone? :P

But really, there's no way that this can be sold as a new game.

UB3R~JKP
10th November 2011, 11:04 PM
I'll stick to Generations! :D

Mr Phlanj
11th November 2011, 11:42 AM
i think mw3 > Black ops but i cant decide between bf3 & mw3. i mean bf3 has tanks and jets but if u have a **** squad it can be no fun at all but mw3 is very arcadey and u can 1 man army it to win the game also im in the + on kill/death when playing hardcore wich i havnt been able to do since cod4.

so if im playing with my mates then battlefield is better but for plain fun its mw3

Ragsus Maxima
16th November 2011, 07:57 PM
Hey, the Team Deathmatch mode of Battlefield 3 also has some of that plain fun. :g On the other hand, I think I'm the only wiper who plays Battlefield 3. :(

In my honest opinion, if you're with a decent squad, then you can at least enjoy the match which you're currently on whether you win or lose.

DJ Techno
17th November 2011, 06:55 AM
With the new release of the much anticipated MW3 i cant help but notice that most of the wipers (on my friends list) dont really play it or havent had the urge to buy it yet. I then bagan to wonder if there are any fans here as i would love to have a few sessions with people as im on my own most of the time :L so if so message on here on whats to like and whats not to like about the game as a whole for an insight for people considering it and if you fancy a session or not :) many thanks, Booney.

thats sad that some wipeout racers cant take a break from speed to show if they have skills with a gun and combat.

i just got my first xbox 360, the cod mw3 edition console.

now it doesnt turn my side to still pissing on microsoft and saying they are just a bunch of suck my slong dicks. which they will do and are.

but u boys and girls need a break from speed racing.

before u end up with possible cancer cells in ya brain.

i haven't started cod mw3 on my ps3 yet, but finishing the xbox first got me going. and that is from campaign to more one on one

UB3R~JKP
17th November 2011, 09:23 AM
DJ, Where does it say wipers play nothing but WipEout? :lol Most people here are playing BF3, Skyrim, Minecraft or anything like that.

Dark_Phantom_89
17th November 2011, 09:32 AM
Hey, the Team Deathmatch mode of Battlefield 3 also has some of that plain fun. :g On the other hand, I think I'm the only wiper who plays Battlefield 3. :(

In my honest opinion, if you're with a decent squad, then you can at least enjoy the match which you're currently on whether you win or lose.

I'm playing it and am Rank 25 at the moment. I've also had some nice games with GreenyMac, G-Superpilot, djflaw2 and adolfl7.

but u boys and girls need a break from speed racing.

Oh, believe me, I play a lot more stuff other than WipEout. People on my friends list can see that. ;)

Ragsus Maxima
17th November 2011, 02:27 PM
I'm playing it and am Rank 25 at the moment. I've also had some nice games with GreenyMac, G-Superpilot, djflaw2 and adolfl7.
I wonder how many good games I missed because I'm not with you guys...
And my rank is 46. :P

DJ Techno
22nd November 2011, 11:10 PM
DJ, Where does it say wipers play nothing but WipEout? :lol Most people here are playing BF3, Skyrim, Minecraft or anything like that.

Yeah I told queen jade, about Skyrim is the new fall game drug

Waitin.on battlefield 3 to buy, n since I got the xbox, both systems?