PDA

View Full Version : W3O-SE on PSP - legal and possible?

Flint Fandango
13th September 2011, 01:39 PM
There was another thread with an analouge topic, but it is unfortunately closed...so I have to roll it up again, sorry:

I´ve got the original W3O-SE game disc, so I don´t think it is illegal to try to convert it to the PSP, but no matter how hard I´ve tried - it didn´t work.

First of all, I´ve tried to convert the data content into .iso format. This intention failed several times...:brickwall Errors and other adversities. I don´t really have a clue, why.
A program called PopstationGUI which should allow me to convert this game into PSP format, indicates no identification number (required to get the game running for the PSP, they say) for W3O-SE but W3O.
Is this bold venture - to convert W3O-SE.iso to the PSP - possible at all?
Does it only work for W3O? If so, I´m gonna buy this version with elation!
Is anyone out there who has done this successfully before?

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me a way to do this procedure properly :)

Thanks in advance!

Sausehuhn
13th September 2011, 05:52 PM
Yes it is, or once (?) was possible. I don’t use custom firmwares now, because basically I do not use my PSP that much anymore. And if I do, then I’m fine with Pure and Pulse, because in the end those are the games I use the console for almost all of the time when I prevent it from collecting dust.

I had WO3:SE on my fat PSP before I switched it for the Slim one, though. Music didn’t work as far as I can recall, sound effects did.

I have absolutely no clue how custom firmwares have changed within the last three or four years, but this board is not meant for any discussion related to that topic anyway.

But I’ve attached a few pictures just so you can dream about how nice it looks if it ever pops up in the PlayStation Store. I think I posted them elseware, but so what … :)

Flint Fandango
13th September 2011, 06:04 PM
Thank you, somehow ;)...but why is this board the wrong place for such a topic?
This procedure isn´t illegal I think, so what´s the problem?

Well, I´ll try it again and again till me or the fricking PSP drops!

mdhay
13th September 2011, 06:17 PM
It's aginst the rules because whilst it is legal if you own the game, most people who read anything put up on here (through finding it in a Google search) or otherwise will not have the games.

Sausehuhn, do you happen to have the picture on the fourth attachment anywhere?

Sausehuhn
13th September 2011, 06:48 PM
It’s in the WO3-album you can find in my profile. But nonetheless, I better attach it (together with other artwork) because the board scales the images down.

mdhay
13th September 2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks very much. :+

Flint Fandango
13th September 2011, 07:31 PM
Thank you, mdhay! I think it´s a flawed logic, but well...I have to yield to these arguments, because of the rules.
Therefore: Nevermind. :paperbag

mdhay
13th September 2011, 07:54 PM
It's simply to attempt to stem the piracy movement.

You can do it, although I'd look elsewhere, or, I can PM you about one method I tried to do with w3o, if that's still allowed, I'll ask a moderator.

Flint Fandango
13th September 2011, 08:17 PM
I would really appreciate your PM, that´s for sure! :)
Besides that, you know that I own an original W3O-SE disk - or better, I assure you I do, at least.
You could ask a moderator, of course. On the other hand, it´s a PM and I think I´m upright in this respect. Why determine a tempest in a teacup?

All I ever wanted is to play W3O-SE on the road. Nothing more - nothing less.
Just for practice and fun...

mdhay
13th September 2011, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I can send it in a PM, as you know.

Flint Fandango
20th September 2011, 10:53 AM
If this matter is of interest to someone: It didn´t work with W3O-SE for me, so I decided to buy the original W3O and try it again!

I feel more than confident that it will work this time/way! :o

Thanks to mdhay & SaturnReturn (for the green light) - :+

miljoneir
21st September 2011, 12:14 PM
You should use the latest PSX2PSP in combination with the 4.01 popsloader (use google) that way it even plays the music!

Flint Fandango
21st September 2011, 05:05 PM
Thank you for your reply - that´s a very useful information, word up!

I´ll try it this way, as soon as Wip3out hits the post office...:+

Flint Fandango
28th September 2011, 01:20 PM
Dammit, I´ve tried it every possible way, but it won´t work! With and without patches, different ISO programs and so on...
Not even with the original copy of Wip3out. (First I used the special edition, then the original) :frown:
I read all of the certain tutorials and did it exactly like they´ve told me - but no bloody chance. I couldn´t even find a hint what´s gone wrong.
Everytime I try to start the game, it comes up with something like:
copyright error (and a number). :bomb

Maybe my PSP slim is the problem?! I´ve read about some special accumulators which could solve some of the emulator problems, but they´re not cheap and I don´t know if that could be a solution...

If there´s anyone out there who could help me with that problem, please reply or better, please send me a PM!
Thanks in advance!

EDIT/Update:
I´ve detected the problem, if someone´s interested. It was the actualisation to version 6.60, so the situation disables me to do this conversion without using illegal methods I won´t explain here, of course.
To take revenue and expense in consideration and to be a person with at least a spark of integrity, I won´t do it that way.

Well, to let this thread finally die: If I play with my PSP again, I go back to PurE...:) Problem solved.

Temet
28th November 2011, 12:11 PM
For me, if you owe an original W3O or W3O-SE, there's nothing wrong in downloading an eboot to play on PSP.
Sony has never been able to provide it, their fault. W3O-SE plays fullscreen on PSP with "widescreen correction" activated.
The game is more than 10 years old, it's not like you are downloading a game that can still be bought new ;)