PDA

View Full Version : Ripping tracks off Fusion

armmarant
1st April 2003, 04:26 AM
i cant get this tool from zandal to work correctly if anyone has any other way to get this done i would love to hear them thanx :o PS:send links if u got em.

Gonaka
2nd April 2003, 07:51 AM
Hey, I got that tool yesterday, and within 2 hours I had all 19 tracks in MP3 format (can you believe that you can't fit all the tracks on a music 80 min CD????!!!!!)

Anyway, heres wot happened: I have Win 98 and Win XP on my comp, when I first tried it in Win98, i got an error message reporting a missing dll or something like that.
So I went onto Xp, and found that it works well.
Wot I did was this:

Path of WAC file (first field): f:\wof\filesys.wac (f:\ being my DVD drive - remember, you NEED A DVD DRIVE, obviously!) :wink:

And the second path was: c:\temp\ (like the prog says, you must include the last backslash).

At first I was getting errors of 'path not found'. If this is what your having trouble with, do this: actually make the folder beofre you attempt to extract. The program will not create the folder for you!

This sorted me out. Dunno if it helps you, but it all depends on you the problems your having.

Also note, that the WAD file is 2.2 GB! :o So have at least that amount of free HDD space. If you are only after the music, you won't need the full amount of free space, as the program extracts some small files first, then the audio tracks, then the track information (as in tracks in the game), which are HUGE! So interrupt the program once the 19 audio files have been extracted.

You will be better off converting them to MP3 to save file space.

Let me know how you got on.

If you only have Win98, then perhaps try a search for the *.dll file on the internet, maybe.

Good luck! :)

iprice
16th June 2005, 07:26 PM
What format is the tracks, ships etc in? Can they be grabbed and converted on a pc?

InvaderF00
16th June 2005, 08:14 PM
Hrm... Never mind converted to PC, the PSP uses the same WAD file structure.
If they haven't messed around with the formatting too much between Fusion and Pure, theoretically you could port tracks from Fusion over to Pure via the Gamma pack.

Course.. this is all theoretical and no promises are made.
Still looking for a way to re-WAD the files to package it back up...

iprice
16th June 2005, 09:00 PM
Are the WAD files the same as Doom WAD files?

InvaderF00
17th June 2005, 01:55 PM
Nah different. Dragon's Unpacker for Doom and similar WAD files does not work on W:P / W:F WAD files.

It would be similar to the W:O 3 SE / Jap track swap trick... can't wait top pursue this further.

iprice
17th June 2005, 06:26 PM
I would love to have some tracks/ships in a format I could use... MD2/LWO/MAX etc...

armmarant
1st January 2007, 02:29 AM
anyone know where i can get a hold of the wipeout fusion and pure sdtks i cant find pure anywhere and im two tracks short of a complete fusion sdtk

andy
1st January 2007, 02:38 AM
Welcome armmarant, try here gh.ffshrine.org (http://gh.ffshrine.org)

Rapier Racer
1st January 2007, 02:12 PM
Andy!!!!!! Thats a great site now I finally have the Sonic Heroes tunes I wanted, ta :D

andy
1st January 2007, 03:50 PM
No problem.:) I have no idea how I ended up in this thread last night tho! I was looking for the happy new year thread but I wasn't thinking straight :dizzy

and thanks for the edit asayyeah

auri
9th January 2007, 10:56 AM
Hey

Does anybody have the wipeout 64 soundtrack?
I have these three songs that are in it:

Fluke - Goodnight Lover
Fluke - Absurd
Propellerheads - Bang On!

But the others.. the artist is called PC Music? Weird.
I did not find them on galbadia hotel (http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/view-all) either.

Thank you in advance. John

Rapier Racer
9th January 2007, 12:03 PM
They were likely created for game by........?? In house maybe

auri
9th January 2007, 12:17 PM
I don't know by whom.
I looked through a file that told all information about all wipeout soundtracks and the artist was called PC Music for the other ones. Internal psygnosis djs maybe? :)

qirex-rd
19th January 2007, 09:15 PM
Is the WipEout 64 "Tomorrow Reborn" track the same as
the Pure "Mean Red"?

auri
20th January 2007, 01:20 AM
I don't know, try it out..
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3687

And why should they use the same song twice?
Good night.

rdmx
21st January 2007, 02:28 AM
No, they arent the same.
http://files.filefront.com/tommorow_reborn_vs_mean_rdmp3/;6576624;;/fileinfo.html
Download this and compare for yourself.